Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Here I Am ❯ Kidnapping ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here I Am

Chapter Twelve - Kidnapping

By Crow Skywalker

----------

Disclaimer - Don't own MKR or its characters. No profit is being made, only borrowing them for my own amusement.

Author's Notes - Hmm…Was thinking about the whole Umi/Innova thing…I think I might have changed my mind. Am leaning towards a Umi/Eagle friendship now. And yes, Eagle will turn out good in the end. He's going to be very…helpful ;P Anyway, I hate this chapter…I don't like how it turned out at all. Meh…oh well. Not like anyone's still reading anyway, lol. See you next time!

Warnings/Pairings - Rated PG, though I may up the rating later on. Pairings of Umi/Clef, Fuu/Ferio, and Hikaru/Lantis/Eagle.

Summary - Umi wishes to return to Cephiro, and on a cold lonely night she gets sent back. However, things aren't what they seem, for a new evil is lurking not far away, and it has plans for Umi.

----------

The bed was empty, the sheets hauled back and crumpled. The room was totally empty and nothing moved, except for the curtains of the window that lead to the balcony. Umi was gone, and there was no trace of her.

Fuu stood motionless, staring at the scene before her. There was no way Umi could have gotten up and wandered off, she had been unconscious when she had come to check on the blue haired girl earlier! So where was she?

"Fuu?" Hikaru looked back at her with wide eyes, all sorts of questions running through them.

"I…" Fuu started, looking from the empty bed to her friend, "I think we should get Clef and Ferio."

Hikaru nodded, and both girls took off down the hall the way they had just come.

-----

Eagle stood outside the balcony windows just out of sight, relaxing slightly as he heard the two girls leave. He sighed, shaking his head. He had almost been caught.

Finding Umi's room was only easy once he had realized she would be in one of the guestrooms. How he knew where the guestrooms were, he didn't question, but he had finally found Umi in one of the larger ones. She had been unconscious, of course, and he had quickly entered the room and closed the door behind him. Kidnapping her from there had only been easy, but the one thing he hadn't expected was the Magic Knights showing up so soon.

He had gently picked her up, cradling her in his arms as her head leaned against his shoulder. Her blue hair cascaded around her face, and for a moment Eagle had stopped to stare at her.

She looks so familiar…why does everything seem so familiar to me?? He shook his head roughly. It's like I knew these people…I've seen them all before somewhere! But where? Had he seen them in his past life? He didn't know much about his life before he died, and Innova hadn't given him any information. He had simply woken up, and had been offered a place at Innova's side. With no identity and no past, he was forced to accept. All he knew was his name.

He hesitated, looking down at the girl again. Why was Innova so intent on killing the Magic Knights? Who were they really, and what had they done? This, Eagle didn't know. All he knew was that as one of Innova's generals, his one and only purpose was to destroy the Magic Knights.

But how can I hurt them when I keep getting this feeling whenever I see them? He thought, the feeling that I know them…it's possible they're my only link to my past. He shook his head, especially the red head…were we…friends before I died? The guy in black was familiar too…

His thoughts were interrupted as he heard the two girls making their way down the hall towards him. He had quickly looked for a way to escape.

The balcony door had been locked, and he easily opened it from the inside. Slipping out, he hadn't had enough time to close the doors before the two girls had barged in, and he held his breath as he heard the voices die down.

The girl in his arms moved slightly, and he almost dropped her. He watched as she cuddled closer into him, her eyes never opening, and he silently cursed himself. Damn it, I have to get out of here!

He shifted her in his arms, and she groaned slightly. She was waking up!

The room was silent again, and he peeked in to see they had left, most likely gone to get the Prince and Guru. He sighed in relief, he hadn't been caught. Looking down at the girl in his arms, Eagle vanished from sight.

-----

Ferio and Clef had been talking quietly when the girls arrived, both out of breath from running. They both looked up, their eyes questioning.

"It's Umi -" Fuu started, and Clef stood up.

"What about Umi?" He asked, unable to hide his concern.

"She's missing!" Hikaru finished for Fuu, and both of the men's eyes widened.

"Missing?" Ferio questioned.

"She's not in her room." Answered Fuu.

"That's impossible," Clef shook his head, "Even if she did wake up, she wouldn't be out of bed already. And she couldn't have just disappeared…"

"Well she's nowhere to be seen!" And Hikaru's eyes widened, "What if she was kidnapped?"

It was Ferio's turn to shake his head. "I highly doubt anyone could get in here without being noticed with so many people in the palace."

"But everyone was in the dining hall," Fuu pointed out, "So it is possible…"

They were making their way through the hall now, back to Umi's room as they talked. Clef lead them, and the other three fell behind. He was determined to make some sense of this.

"They could have come in through her window," Hikaru offered.

"The window was closed when I was in there this morning," Said Fuu, "Locked too!"

"Well it's open now," Sighed Clef, and they stopped talking and realized they had arrived, Clef was the first one in the room, and he quickly made his way across the room and out onto the balcony. He came back with a grim look on his face. "No one there."

"I'll go get Larfarga," Said Ferio, stepping around the two girls as they stood trying to take all of this in, "I'll step up the security, see what we can find."

"Do you think he'll find her?" Hikaru asked meekly when Ferio was gone. Fuu put a hand on her shoulder, and both girls looked to Clef for comfort. He offered none.

"I somehow doubt it." He answered, staring out through the balcony windows and off into the distance. It has begun.

-----

He stood in the same black room that he had been in many times before, the crystal casting its white glow upon the throne. The only difference was that this time, he carried a girl in his arms, and Innova was looking quite pleased.

"So, you brought her?" He stood, making his way towards Eagle. Once he was in front of him, his gaze dropped to the blue haired beauty in Eagle's arms. He reached out, brushing a stray hair away from her face. "Pretty, isn't she? Her looks deceive her. She is a killer, just like the other two."

"Killer?" Eagle raised an eyebrow, looking down at the girl. She didn't seem capable of killing anyone.

Innova sneered at him in response. "She helped kill Zagato."

Zagato…Eagle knew that name from somewhere. He looked up at Innova then, but decided not to ask. It would most likely result in a punishment. "What do you plan on doing with her, my Lord?"

Innova turned, walking to the crystal and holding a hand out. He stared into for it for a moment, "Once the Magic Knights realize she's been kidnapped, they'll come looking for her." He told Eagle, "They'll have to embark on a long journey to find us, since our hideout is unknown. They'll most likely bring the Prince and Mage along, so we get rid of them first."

"That's where you come in," He continued, facing Eagle once more, "You and the generals. I want you to keep them on their toes, kill off any who journey with them. Leave the Magic Knights to me. He will wish to see their painful deaths once he awakens."

Eagle nodded, shifting the girl in his arms. She moaned again, and her head moved to the side. "What do I do with her until then?" He asked.

Innova waved a hand, "Lock her up, put her in the dungeons! I don't care, as long as she doesn't escape."

Eagle nodded again. "As you wish."

Innova was back on his throne now, a frown upon his face. "And keep an eye on her, too. Wouldn't want her to starve to death or anything before I kill her myself." He paused for a moment. "You are dismissed."

Eagle bowed, taking his leave. Innova watched him as he left, a thoughtful look on his face. He was going to have to keep a close eye on that one. Eagle had been a good guy before he had died, and although his memory was wiped clean, Innova had a strange feeling it hadn't worked as well as it had on the other two.

He frowned, tilting his head as he looking into the glowing crystal. No worries, if Eagle did start to remember, he could easily erase his memories again. That, or he could kill him. A small dark smile made its way across his face. Yes, killing him would be nice.

To Be Continued…