Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Magic Knight Rayearth: When Two Worlds Collide ❯ Worldly Passions ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 1: Worldly Passions

"Ferio…" The name escaped Fuu Hououji's mouth as a mellow whisper, but the feeling she had when she said it was much more extreme. She felt as if she were being embraced and then stabbed a hundred times afterward.

She stared at her bedroom ceiling from her bed in which she laid. "They say absence makes the heart grow fonder," she sighed to no one, "and what and absence it has been." Nearly a year had passed since she had last gazed upon her beloved in the magical land of Cephiro, a beautiful place with strange creatures and magic. She so did long to see his smiling face and to be embraced in his strong arms. She grabbed her stuffed panda and hugged it tightly, and closed her emerald green eyes to hold back the salty tears that had begun to graze her soft face. It was getting harder for her now. With each day that passed, she simply missed him more. She felt emptier and emptier.

Fuu sat up. "If only Tokyo was the land of the will rather than Cephiro… then I would wish Ferio here with all my heart."

She sighed once more and got up off her bed, and walked over to her dresser. Looking into the mirror, she began to brush loose strands of blond hair into place with her fingers. "A walk would be nice to calm my nerves," Fuu decided as she finished fixing her hair and left her bedroom to go downstairs.

Once she got downstairs, she grabbed her green cool-weather jacket and went outside. She breathed in the cool air suburban air and found she was quite right. The outside was making her feel better already. She would have quite a pleasant walk.

A small park was a few blocks from her house and she quickly set forth toward it. She often went there to think, for it was a very quiet park. It didn't have the large playing fields and bright lights that modern parks did. This one was rather old fashioned with a lot of wooded areas and a more natural setting. The funny thing was, however, that Fuu never visited this park until after she had returned from Cephiro on the first occasion. Maybe it was all the time she had spent in the woods there that made her feel more comfortable here. Or perhaps it was the fact that sometimes she would come here and pretend that it was indeed the forests of Cephiro and that she was only a heartbeat away from Ferio.

Ferio. She had to think about him again, she just couldn't help it.

She pushed the thoughts of him away when she reached her favorite place in the park and smiled fondly. It was a small little den made by the branches of a large pine tree far into the woods. No one else came here but her. She would read novels, write poetry and sometimes think, like she would today here.

Fuu took of her jacket and wrapped it around her waist so she could sit on it under the massive pine. However, when she finally made her way under the tree, she was not able to sit as she had planned, for her spot was already occupied.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" Fuu apologized as she began to leave. "I didn't know anyone knew of this place besides me."

A small teary face looked up at her. "No! Please don't go! I'm lost."

Fuu looked at the little girl sympathetically. "Oh, I'll help you find your parents. My name is Fuu Hououji."

The girl's face brightened at the sound of Fuu's name. "Magic Knight! A Magic Knight is here to save me!" she exclaimed as she jumped out from underneath the pine tree.

"How do you know that?" asked a startled Fuu.

The girl smiled at her. "Everyone in Cephiro knows the names of the Magic Knights! Oops! My name's Ally. I'm pleased to meet ya'!"

"I'm pleased to meet you as well, Ally." Fuu offered her hand to her. "But how did you get here?"

The girl looked at her sideways. "What do you mean? I'm just lost. It must have been when I was running from that monster, but it's gone now. So can you take me back to my mommy and daddy now?"

"Do you mean in Cephiro?"

"Well, of course!"

Fuu looked at Ally both sadly and strangely. "…but we're on earth… my world… however did you get here…"