Marvel Avengers Fan Fiction ❯ Clarity ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Are you kidding me?” She muttered at feeling her phone vibrating from her pocket. She could still hear the loud music of the night club as she fished her phone out of her pants pocket and tapped the screen to unlock it.

She saw she had some texts from Sarah and Lacey. Her lips curled into a frown at opening the texts. They were nothing but pictures of her friends and some guys they had obviously met at the club. And they had taken her car, leaving her there.

Sorry, Cat, we saw you talking with that hot dude--

Cat just set her phone to ignore all messages and notifications at this point, as she leaned against the wall. "That's great, just great, now how am I supposed to get home?"

Feeling angry tears burning at her eyes, the woman wiped them away with the sleeve of her sweatshirt before inhaling deeply and closing her eyes. She willed herself to not cry, to not lose her usual composure. Catmint found herself leaning back against the wall, slowly sliding to the ground as she fought the tears of anger and frustration.

Minutes seemed to pass by slowly as Catmint buried her face into her hands and knees, mentally counting back from ten in hopes of calming down. A voice spoke, almost startling her.

“You okay, sweetheart?” A man’s voice made her open her eyes and look up. When she did, she saw she wasn’t alone. One of the men she had brushed off earlier was standing in front of her, almost blocking her from the view of anyone entering and exiting the club. This little realization made her feel unsettled.

Catmint just breathed in again, slowly reaching into the pocket for her phone. “Uh, yeah, I, was just waiting for someone to call me back or to come pick me up,”

Just why did she have to walk out of the safety of the club and out into this dark parking lot? Stupid, stupid, stupid! Her mind screamed at her.

The man must have sensed her unease for he held out a hand to her while smiling. “You don’t have to wait for anyone to pick you up. I can take you home myself.” The way he said that made Cat feel even iller at ease, but she felt slightly better feeling her fingertips brush against her phone.

“No thanks, like I said I already have someone coming to pick me up.” She immediately pressed the side buttons on her phone and quickly pulled it out. “I gotta take this call now.”

She saw the man frown at seeing her pull her phone out. He reached out and grabbed her wrist before she could put her phone to her ear and start up a fake conversation with the phone. This action made her stomach do a nervous flip.

“You don’t need anyone but me, sweetheart.” The man’s tone darkened and Cat tried her best to remain calm.

“But I really do need to take this call.” She squeaked, but his grip on her wrist tightened and she found she couldn’t break free. Her mind tried to remember all those self-defense lessons she learned at her local gym but fear had settled itself into her subconscious and her instincts were telling her to try and run.

So much for a night of fun. Cat thought bitterly as she was pulled to her feet.

--
As he walked out into the parking, pressing the button on his car keys that unlocked his Audi R8, he barely opened the door when he heard someone arguing. Well, it kinda sounded like an argument to him at first but he saw a man dragging, no, pulling an unwilling woman by her arm towards what Tony assumed was the couple’s car. But one look as the man and woman passed under one of the nearby street lamps told him that the two weren’t a couple, let alone a fighting one.

“Well shit,” Tony muttered at recognizing the woman as the girl he had accidentally scared off. Usually Tony Stark would keep his nose out of other people’s business but his good conscience wouldn’t let him stand by and do nothing. Besides no man should ever treat a woman like that. At least that’s one thing his dad had told him once or twice when he was a kid.

“Jarvis.” Tony started. His voice was soft and quiet as he spoke, what looked like a small cell phone earbud in his ear buzzed lightly with a male robotic voice speaking back to him.

"Sir?" The A.I. said in question.

"Put in an order for pizza," Tony replied, keeping his eyes on the struggle between the man and woman as he slowly but carefully made his way closer to them

"Are you bringing home a lady guest, sir?" Jarvis asked.

"You can say that, but this one isn't going to be one of my usual lady guests. This lady I'm going to be rescuing so have that pizza ready by the time we get there." Tony ordered.

"Of course, sir," Jarvis replied.

With that said and done, Tony thanked his personal AI and took the earpiece out, placing it into his pants pocket before finally heading towards where the girl was being taken.

"There you are, honey!"