Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Brass and the Knuckle of Doom! ❯ Fist of Chaos ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Notes: When I first started this story, I never intended to take this route. But it seemed like it was worth a try, and I haven't really heard a lot of complaints about the last chapter. But we all know Brass is gonna be okay. Heck, her name's in the title!

I should also point out that I'm basing every OFFICIAL Medabot's (excluding 'bots like TeleTeddy & Brutal) attacks on what I've found at Medabots.com, although some of Brass's have come from the show, most are made up; and nearly all of Brutal's are made up, too. Oh, and the "rules" and various uses of the Medaforce are mine as well. So don't expect to see them in other fics…unless someone's copying…

And I decided to split this chapter, since it was turning out to be really long.

Summary: Don't really feel like doing a proper one, so I'll tease you with some Robattle previews. Metabee vs. Rokusho! Metabee, Brutal, & ??? vs. Kantaroth and about a million KBTs!

Brass and the Knuckle…OF DOOM!

Chapter 6: Fist of Chaos

There was really nothing to do but wait.

It had been nearly two hours since Ikki, Erika, Metabee, and Brutal had gone to rescues Brass's medal, with no word as of yet. Koji had even grudgingly given Erika his cell phone, in case they needed to call for help. Karin had thought that was awful nice of him, and Koji just thought that lending his phone to a girl-and a reporter, no less-was just asking for a quadrupled phone bill. But it wasn't as if he couldn't afford it. He just hated the thought of spending money on something that wasn't related to Sumilidon, himself, or Karin.

He glanced over at Karin, who was keeping busy by polishing Brass's body until it nearly sparkled in the bright light. She'd already called her uncle, who was flying in from somewhere to have a look at Brass. Ms. Caviar had insisted there was no need for it and repaired Brass within an hour, but Dr. Aki was STILL flying in. Koji suspected he just wanted to get a lot closer to the pudding in the Hopmart, but based on what he'd heard recently, that alone would be a challenge…

"Koji?" Ms. Caviar asked. "I couldn't help but notice that you seem distracted. Is something wrong?"

"Well, yes. This was MY Tournament, and now people are going to think that I can't protect my winners. No one's ever going to come and compete again if I hold another."

"This is hardly your fault, Koji. You couldn't have known what would happen."

"I still feel horrible," Koji muttered. "I mean, if it had been Ikki & Metabee, I could live with that. But…this was Erika & Brass. They didn't deserve this. They were just trying to make a name for themselves. And if I'd done a better job with the security, maybe they would've…"

Ms. Caviar shook her head. "You're forgetting that they WON the Tournament. They didn't need anyone but themselves for that."

"What does it matter if the price for it was Brass's medal? That's a Pyrrhic victory if I ever heard of one."

"Don't underestimate Ikki & Metabee…or Erika…or my Belzelga. They just might surprise you."

* * * * *

Brass slowly came to, feeling very sluggish. "What…what happened? Where am I?"

The first thing her eyes focused on was Rokusho. He was sitting at a workbench, making repairs on his right arm. Then she noticed Kantaroth in the corner.

"Finally awake, are we?" Kantaroth asked, walking over to her. "If I'd known yanking your medal out would mess you up that bad, I'd have done it a long time ago."

Brass gasped. "How could you do that to me? I thought we were friends!" She turned to Rokusho, quickly making the connection. "And I expected so much more from you, Rokusho!"

Rokusho glanced up at her, but said nothing.

"Answer me! You owe me that much!"

"Don't waste your time, little mama," Kantaroth chuckled. "Rokusho's the type that lets actions speak for him. But me, I'll be glad to keep you company until the others get back."

"Don't touch me!" Brass cried.

Kantaroth laughed heartily. "Well, technically speaking, in case you hadn't noticed, that body isn't you! But since you're gonna be in it for a while, maybe you better get used to it…"

Brass looked down and shrieked in horror. She had Totalizer's legs, Phoenix's left arm, Multikolor's right arm, and what seemed to be Samurai's head. To make things worse, none of the parts were functioning save the head, and even that was immobilized. "What've you done to me?!"

"Just stuck your medal in a new body. Sorry about the parts, but they were leftovers from some of the Rubberobos we beat in training for the tournament." He paused. "But we weren't the only ones training, were we? Those were some hot moves out there, Brass."

"I'm so glad you're impressed," she snapped acidly.

"Oooh, got a temper on you! I LIKE that in my women!"

"I would NEVER-!"

"It's time," Rokusho said suddenly, standing up.

"Seeya later, little mama," Kantaroth said, blowing her a kiss as he left the room.

Had Brass been capable of it, she would've shuddered in rage. Then she noticed Rokusho was staring at her. "What do YOU want?"

Rokusho flexed his right arm experimentally. Apparently satisfied with his repairs, he walked over and simply said, "Target practice," before bringing the Chanbara Sword down on her head.

Brass tried to avoid it, but everything instantly went red, then there was darkness.

* * * * *

Erika was impressed with how well Ikki was handling Brass's kidnapping. He had surprised her by going straight to the bunny peddler, who'd provided him with the weekly, obligatory advice ("Sometimes what you seek is closer than you think"). Not surprisingly, they'd found a secret tunnel under his mat, which, no doubt, went straight to the Rubberobo's current hideout. (You just didn't question things like that in kids' shows) In short, Ikki was behaving like a professional private eye.

Metabee, on the other had, was behaving like himself. A really, REALLY pissed-off version, that is. If he wasn't muttering about Rokusho and which of his parts he'd Metabee-bop first, he was blaming himself for not getting to Brass in time and beating the Tin Pet out of Kantaroth. Erika had thought he might take it hard, but not THIS hard.

Brutal was the only real comfort, though. He was behaving…well, like a loyal dog, more or less. Erika was beginning to suspect he could only growl, grunt, roar, or make some other sound associated with anger. But his mere presence (not to mention how intimidating he was by just walking) made her feel perfectly safe. She began to wonder what she'd do with him when she got Brass back.

And they were going to get her back. If for no other reason than to put Metabee at ease, because he was really starting to worry her. Finally, Erika reached over and patted his shoulder. "I miss her, too."

Metabee looked up at her, his face turning a surprising shade of red, and then lowered his head, muttering about Rokusho again.

Ikki glanced back at his Medabot and grinned as they went deeper into the tunnel.

* * * * *

In the charred remains of the Hopmart, something stirred.

A gray KBT type Medabot rose from the rubble, easily tossing the debris aside with incredible strength. It surveyed the destruction for a moment, then knelt down and pried a thick book loose from the dust. The words World's Top Medafighters: Past & Present were printed on the binding in gold letters. With an interested grunt, the Medabot sat down and began to thumb through the pages, becoming totally engrossed in the book.

Finally, he came across the sole page he remembered.

PHANTOM MEDAFIGHTER & SPIRIT: RANKED # 1 IN JAPAN, # 3 WORLDWIDE

"Phan-tom…" the Medabot said, almost startled by the sound of his voice.

Slowly, he stood up. "Spirit," he said, nodding to himself. "Spirit…lives." He tucked the book under his arm and walked quickly into the night, with only one goal in mind: to be the best…again.

* * * * *

"So what do you think, Uncle Aki?" Karin asked.

"Hmm…everything seems to be in order," Dr. Aki replied as he studied Brass's back panel. "But there is something rather odd about all this."

"Really? What's that?"

Dr. Aki straightened up importantly. "According to the wear and tear on her circuitry, Brass has been in some tough Robattles as of late."

"Erika did win my Tournament," Koji pointed out.

"Really? That's great! Where is she?! I'd love to congratulate her!"

Karin smiled. "Uncle Aki, we already told you. Erika went with Ikki to get Brass's medal back from the Rubberobos."

"We never actually saw any Rubberobos," Miss Caviar pointed out. "All we know is that Rintaro & Kantaroth took the medal, and Rukusho, Miranda, and TeleTeddy helped them."

"But who else could they be working for?" Koji asked. "Everyone that's up to no good around here is connected to the Rubberobos."

"Except the Phantom Renegade," Dr. Aki muttered.

* * * * *

"Okay, here's the plan," Ikki whispered. "Once we're inside, Metabee & I will keep the Rubberobos busy, while you two look for Brass's medal."

"And smash anyone that gets in our way," Erika added.

Brutal chuckled deeply.

"Um…sure. Let's go." Ikki carefully pushed the trapdoor open and boosted Metabee up, then scrambled after him. Erika stood on Brutal's sturdy shoulders, and the Belzelga merely jumped through after her and closed the trapdoor.

They were inside what seemed to be a storage room with various damaged Medaparts.

"Must be where they throw all their junk parts," Ikki murmured. "I can hear voices outside, so be ready for anything."

Just then, the door jiggled. Ikki & Metabee hid in big crate, while Erika & Brutal squeezed behind a bookcase.

The door opened, and two Rubberobos entered.

"Do you really think that Sharkfin can beat Ikki, robo?" one asked.

"You saw what he did to all our Metabots before the tournament, robo."

Suddenly, Ikki leaped out of the crate, grabbed the startled Rubberobos, and slammed their heads together. They were out cold before they hit the floor.

Erika emerged from her hiding place, a huge sweatdrop rolling down the back of her head. "Ikki…why did you…?"

He shrugged. "Always wanted to be able to say I did that once."

"Okay…but how do we ask them where Brass is?"

Ikki sweatdropped. "I guess I'll just have to keep the next ones conscious." He froze as Erika bent down and began to unzip one of the Rubberobos. "ERIKA!!!"

"Do you REALLY think we're going to be able to go anywhere looking like this?!" Erika demanded.

"Oh. Right."

"Well, I won't, anyway. If you walked on your knees and widened your eyes a bit, you could probably pass for Rintaro easily."

Ikki scoffed. "Oh, come on! You really think the Rubberobos are that dumb?!"

"In a word? YES!"

"I'm with Erika on this one," Metabee added. "And since we know they already have Belzelgas, she'll fit right in. As long as we're moving pretty fast, no one will know I'm not Kantaroth."

"I GUESS it could work," Ikki sighed. "It just seems so easy."

"We're tricking Rubberobos, Ikki," Erika replied with a smile. "It's NOT rocket science."

* * * * *

Rintaro sighed and lowered his hand as the dark clouds parted, staring miserably at the medal. "You heard the boss man. It's not a rare medal."

"So I can keep it?" Miranda asked excitedly.

"Sure, Randi," Rintaro replied, tossing it to her. "Better put it back in the junkbot until we can get you some good part to go with it."

"Thanks, big brother!"

Rintaro watched her run off and kicked at the ground. "I really thought Brass had a rare medal, the way she was picking apart her opponents."

"I told you," Rokusho said quietly. "Brass's medal wasn't the source of her power. It was the Knuckle of Doom."

"Well, seeing as how you haven't found us any rare medals recently, I wasn't sure I should listen to you."

"Because rare medals are just that: rare. If they were that easy to find, everyone would have one." Rokusho glared at him. "I'm the only Medabot that can detect a rare medal. I suggest you keep that in mind the next time you think you see one."

"Whatever, dude. You should've grabbed the Knuckle when you had the chance."

Rokusho growled. "That was no normal Belzelga. It was faster and far stronger than any other I've ever seen."

"Doesn't matter how strong it is. The next time it shows up, Kantaroth will take it down. I'll leave Metabee to you."

Rokusho's eyes flashed. "It'll be a pleasure…"

* * * * *

Erika had gotten deep into the warehouse before she found anything interesting.

She nearly ran right into a round, solidly built Rubberobo. He seemed somewhat familiar, and Erika was trying to place him when she noticed his Medabot and gasped under her breath.

"What is this, Rubberobo Recruitment Week?!" she hissed to herself.

But the recognition was one-sided, because the Rubberobo that was almost definitely Sloan kept going, his Totalizer following closely.

Erika shook her head and kept going until she reached a small, dark room. "I wonder what's in here?"

Two pairs of eyes flashed in the darkness. "Nothing…except your defeat!"

Erika cried out as she and Brutal were pulled into the room by an unseen force. The door slammed shut behind them, locking instantly.

* * * * *

Ikki was amazed at how well Erika's plan was working. Everyone Rubberobo he met saluted or said something along the lines of, "Nice job at the tournament, dude!" Rintaro was definitely having a major effect on these people.

All Ikki had to do was order one of them to accompany him to where they were keeping Brass's medal. The Rubberobo, not realizing that Ikki was walking slightly behind him the whole time, led him straight there.

Only there was no medal in the room as far as Ikki could see, but five Rubberobos of various sizes.

"Weclome, Rintaro & Kantaroth," one of them said in a young, squeaky voice. "Or should I say goodbye…IKKI & METABEE?!"

"It's Shrimplips!" Ikki cried.

"And that's not all!" Metabee shouted as the other Rubberobos turned around, revealing themselves to be Squidguts, Gillgirl, and Seaslug.

"It's all over now," Seaslug chuckled. "You're going down!"

"But…I thought you quit the Rubberobos!" Ikki said. "They…they abandoned you!"

"True," Gillgirl replied. "But if we'd quit, the boss would've taken away our Medabots, and then we wouldn't be able to say GET THEM! SEAGURU! SPIRITUS!"

"GO, WHITESWORD!"

"GO, GOBANKO!"

"GOKUDO! HAKADO! SIR GOLD! DO IT!"

"Ooooooh," Metabee said as the seven Medabots surrounded him. "Metabee doesn't like these odds…"

"Your only concern is me," said a familiar voice from above.

"ROKUSHO!" Metabee shouted as the lone Medabot dropped in their midst. "GET OVER HERE SO I CAN GIVE YOU A REAL METABEE-BOPPING!"

Rokusho entered the circle of Medabots and tossed away his cape. "Ready when you are."

"Fine!" Ikki said.

"Then…it's agreed!" announced an even more familiar voice. The fifth Rubberobo tore off his black jumpsuit to reveal himself as Mr. Referee. "I declare this match an official submission Robattle!"

Ikki sweatdropped. "You're one of them?!"

"No, but black brings out the color of my eyes! Medafi-uh…Medabots ready?"

Rokusho & Metabee nodded.

"Medabots…Rooobattle!"

With his usual astounding speed, Rokusho charged, landing a glancing blow across Metabee's head with his sword.

"Warning! Head, 20% damaged!" Ikki's Medawatch beeped.

"You gotta watch out for his sword, Metabee!" Ikki warned. "Try to pin him down after he charges!"

The words were barely out of Ikki's mouth when Rokusho ran at Metabee again, his sword clanging loudly against Metabee's arm.

"Left arm, 25% damaged!"

"No you don't!" Metabee shouted, aiming for Rokusho's legs.

Rokusho cried out in surprise as his legs were peppered with rapid fire. Metabee's aim had improved greatly since their last Robattle.

"You're NOT walking away from this one," Metabee swore, his eyes flashing with anger.

"We shall see," Rokusho replied calmly, "who walks away."

"What?! Oh, now I'm REALLY angry!"

"Good. Rage clouds the mind. Yours especially."

"Don't let him get into your head, Metabee!" Ikki called.

Rokusho lowered his sword and relaxed. "There is something you should know, Metabee. I've…changed since we last spoke."

"Obviously! You're working with these losers now!"

"HEY!" Seaslug cried indignantly.

"That's not what I meant." Rokusho lowered his voice. "While on my quest to find Dr. Hushi, I didn't find my Medafighter, but I did find out something…about myself."

Metabee paused. "What? Really?"

"Yes. I have reached a deeper understanding of my rare medal…and I now have the ability to detect other rare medals. It's how we knew you were coming."

"And why you took Brass's medal?!"

"No. Brass's medal is nothing to me. I only wanted the-"

"Well, it's EVERYTHING to me!" Metabee shouted in rage, charging at Rokusho.

Rokusho barely had time to get his sword up when Metabee crashed into him. He managed to grab Metabee's arms just before the barrels were level with his head. "Stop! You must listen to me!"

"I've heard all I need to hear!"

"No, you haven't!" Rokusho's arms trembled with effort; he'd never known Metabee to be this strong. "I have managed to harness my true potential…the ultimate power of my rare medal. Now it obeys my will completely. In short, I CAN CONTROL THE MEDAFORCE!!!"

That got Metabee's attention. "You're bluffing!"

"Am I?" Rokusho shoved Metabee away. "Let's find out. Call upon the Medaforce…if you can."

Metabee stood there, wracking his robotic brain for a way to summon the Medaforce.

"Think of what they did to Brass," Ikki whispered into his Medawatch. "Think of what they'll do to us if we don't win!"

With a cry of pure rage, Metabee began to glow with a bright green light.

Rokusho chuckled. "If you're going to use the Medaforce…then so will I!" A red light appeared around him as he drew back his sword.

"He really can control it," Ikki murmured in awe.

Metabee took aim. "No more games, Rokusho! KISS YOUR BOT GOODBYE!"

"FALL BEFORE MY MIGHT!" Rokusho yelled.

"MEDAFORCE!!!" they cried as one.

There was a blinding explosion, followed by twin screams of pain.

When the light faded, both Medabots were revealed: badly damaged, but still standing & functional…but just barely.

"Warning! All parts 99% damaged!"

Rokusho laughed weakly. "There's something I failed to tell you, Metabee. Whenever two opponents use the Medaforce against each other, no matter what their respective levels, all parts are damaged equally. Which means, for the first time, we'll truly have an equally matched Robattle."

"Guess…there's only one thing left to say, then," Metabee panted.

"And that is?"

Metabee snickered. "One of us was made for long-range combat," he said, drawing a bead on Rokusho's head with his revolver. "The other one's you."

Something startlingly close to fear entered Rokusho's red eyes.

"STRETCH PUNCH!"

Metabee howled in pain as Gokudo's fist landed a glancing blow on his chest, knocking him to the floor.

"CHEATERS!" Ikki shrieked.

"I declare this match a no contest! Cheating is not allowed!" Mr. Referee announced.

Rokusho slowly recovered his cape and turned to leave.

"Get…back here…Rokusho!" Metabee growled weakly. "We're not done!"

"No," agreed Rokusho as he left the room. "Far from it."

"You've got bigger problems to worry about!" Gillgirl said as the circle of Medabots tightened around the near powerless Metabee.

Unfortunately, Ikki was forced to agree.

* * * * *

It had been child's play to defeat TeleTeddy with Brutal, Erika realized as she ran. The Robattle had barely lasted a minute. The bear had been no match for Brutal's speed and power. She was beginning to think that no Medabot would. Maybe not even Metabee.

Brutal had somehow known that Metabee was in trouble before Erika had actually sensed Ikki's anxiety. Not knowing what else to do, she'd sent Brutal off to find them with strict instructions to defend them until he was no longer able to.

There was still the constant danger that she might be caught again, but after the thrashing Brutal had given TeleTeddy, Erika was hoping that Miranda had told her friends to avoid him and his Medafighter at all costs. It would definitely aid Erika's search for Brass's medal if she had.

But there was still no sign of Brass's medal, and Erika was starting to fear that they'd stuck it into some horribly powerful Medabot like Robo-Emperor and corrupted it beyond recognition…if such a thing was even possible.

* * * * *

Metabee grunted as he crashed through the wall, landing hard on a workbench that splintered and collapsed beneath his weight. He would only have a few minutes of rest before Gokudo got bored and came looking for him.

Drawing on what little energy he had left, Metabee rolled over and made it to all fours, only to bump his head on something hard and strangely familiar. Slowly, he looked up to see a pair of Totalizer legs, attached to a collection of damaged, mismatched parts, which made up what could only be described as a junkbot. "Man, they roughed me up pretty good, but at least I look better than THIS guy…"

The junkbot shuddered and came to life, its eyes flashing a dull, worn-out green.

Metabee sighed and sat up wearily. "If only I'd gotten to Kantaroth before he took off with Brass's medal, none of this would've happened. I'm just glad she isn't here to see me like this…"

The junkbot attempted to reach out and touch his shoulder, but as it was too damaged to move, it gave up and said, "I'm just glad to see you at all, Metabee."

Metabee froze and slowly turned around. "…BRASS?!"

"I'm afraid so," the junkbot replied sadly. "They put my medal in here so I couldn't escape." She brightened considerably. "But now that you're here-"

"Sorry, Brass. I did come here to rescue you, but I lost my temper with Rokusho and used the Medaforce. I've got nothing left, and there's about seven Medabots right outside just waiting to pound us into scrap metal."

"You…you're just…giving up? That's not like you, Metabee. And NOW, of all times?!"

"I'm useless to you now," he replied dejectedly. "I can't even protect you."

"I never asked you to protect me. And you could never be useless. Not to me…"

"Brass…" Metabee started to say something that probably would've been touching and very meaningful, but the effect was ruined by the fact that he was talking to a Samurai head and not Brass's. "…let's get you out of that thing first."

At that moment, Ikki ducked into the room. "Metabee!" he whispered. "Are you okay? Say something!"

"Over here, Ikki! I found Brass!"

"Great! Then let's…" Ikki caught sight of Brass's current body. "Um…are you sure Gokudo didn't whack you over the head, Metabee?"

"It's me, Mr. Ikki," Brass said, trying to sound happy to see him despite her ruined state.

"Good enough for me." Ikki ejected her medal and placed it in his Medawatch. "Don't worry, Brass. As soon as we find Erika, we'll get you out of here."

"Oh no…they took Erika, too?!"

"No, she came with us," Ikki explained. "She's okay, Ms. Caviar gave her a Belzelga in case we ran into Kantaroth & Co., but Metabee's already taken care of Rokusho."

"But who's going to take care of Metabee? Just a minute ago he was talking about giving up!"

"He did take some heavy hits after the Robattle," Ikki reasoned. "I think I'd be a little negative, too. And since we can't control the Medaforce, it's not safe to get into another Robattle too soon."

Metabee remained silent, pondering over Rokusho's words.

"I have managed to harness my true potential…the ultimate power of my rare medal. Now it obeys my will completely. In short, I CAN CONTROL THE MEDAFORCE!!!"

Metabee still couldn't control the Medaforce. It had always responded to a need. Right now, though, he could barely move, and the Medaforce probably wouldn't be of much use. Unless, of course, it had other uses…

"Well, can't hurt to try," he reasoned.

Metabee thought about what would happen to Ikki, Erika, Brass, and Brutal if he wasn't able to help them. The very thought made his missile launchers spark.

Ikki gaped as Metabee began to glow bright green. "Metabee…what's happening?"

"I don't know, Ikki…but whatever it is, it feels REAL good."

"It almost looks like the Medaforce, but…it's different." He checked his Medawatch and laughed. "Your parts are restoring themselves, Metabee! Whatever you're doing, keep it up!"

"If I knew what I was doing, I would!"

After a few moments, the light faded.

"I feel GREAT!" Metabee said, flexing his arms. "It's like I never even Robattled!"

"Glad to hear it," Gokudo answered as he walked in with the other Rubberobo Metabots. "Because we're nowhere near done with you!"

"Bring it on!"

Suddenly, there was a pair cries from behind Gokudo as Seaguru & Spiritus were struck down by an unseen opponent. Metabee grasped the opportunity and took out Hakado & Sir Gold with his missiles.

Gokudo & Gobanko dove for cover, then both sprang at Metabee.

A volley of lasers hit them from behind, knocking them both against the wall, where they slumped lifelessly to the floor.

Metabee looked to his rescuer in mild surprise. "Samurai? What are you doing here? And where's Mr. Principal?"

"I'm not the Samurai you know, Metabee," the Medabot replied as he stepped out of the shadows, revealing his hulking Totalizer right arm & head.

"And I'm not the principal," Sloan added as he appeared beside his Medabot.

"SLOAN?!" Ikki & Metabee cried together. "What are YOU doing here?"

"Saving your butt is what it looks like to me," Sloan replied. "We can talk about that later. Right now, you'd better get out before-"

"Too late, dudes!" Rintaro chuckled from behind them. "Kantaroth's about to bag you up!"

"Word," agreed Kantaroth, flexing in anticipation of the coming Robattle. "Right on, baby!"

"Stay back, Sloan," Ikki growled. "This one's ours."

"Got that right," Metabee chimed in.

* * * * *

Rokusho remained perfectly still, perched carefully on a tree branch outside Koji's mansion.

Inside, he could see Koji & Karin talking, but that was unimportant.

Nearby, he could also see Neutranurse & Sumilidon, but they, too, did not matter.

Brass's body, sparkling and whole, stood against the wall, waiting for the return of its medal. But even that meant less than nothing to Rokusho.

…except, of course, that the Knuckle of Doom was still on her right arm, shining with power.

Power that Rokusho soon planned to possess as his own…once again. Permanently.

* * * * *

"Aw, man!" Metabee moaned. "Nothing works against him!"

"It doesn't make sense," Ikki said. "He doesn't have a scratch on him!"

"It's the Fist of Chaos that protects him," Sloan added.

"Huh? What?"

"See that red thing on Kantaroth's hand? It deflects any attack with some of its own power thrown in. As long as he has it, you can't hurt him."

"Then how are we supposed to beat him?!" Ikki cried.

"It only works if your attacks hit it. If you can manage to hit some other part of him, you'll stand a chance. But it won't be easy."

"Nothing ever is," Metabee replied. "Let's do it, Ikki!"

"Right! Since he's expecting you to shoot, get in close and take him out!"

Rintaro laughed. "You'll never get the chance! Kantaroth, fire!"

"Yo!" Kantaroth aimed his repeaters and let fly.

Metabee laughed as he dodged and weaved between the shots. "Your guard's way up, but your aim's not! Take THIS!" He hit Kantaroth with a huge uppercut.

"No way, dude!" Rintaro shouted.

"Face it, Rintaro," Ikki said. "Nobody beats the power of Metabee's rare medal!"

Rintaro smirked. "Maybe nobody…but how about…nobodies?! Dudes, get 'em!"

Instantly, hundreds of KBTs poured into room, old and new, all colors of the rainbow.

"Meet my new crew, dudes!"

"This…could be bad," Metabee said slowly.

"We're right behind you!" Sloan said as his Samurai stepped up.

Ikki sweatdropped. "Thanks, guys, but we're still pretty outnumbered…"

"I've got a plan." Sloan lowered his voice. "You have Metabee take out as many as he can with missiles. While he's recharging, he'll just use his revolver, and I'll have Samurai attack with lasers. Then while he's recharging, Metabee will attack with missiles again, and we'll keep them off you with our armor."

"That might be crazy enough to work," Ikki replied. "But what if one of you doesn't recharge fast enough?"

At that moment, several KBTs went flying headlong out of the way as a black figure emerged beneath them, growling in rage.

"Hey, it's Brutal!" Metabee shouted, for once glad of the help.

Ikki froze. "But…if he's here…then Erika…"

"The faster we get done here, the faster we find her!" Metabee interrupted.

Ikki nodded. "Right! Think you can help us out of this mess, Brutal?"

Brutal snorted and bashed his fists together anxiously.

The three Medabots came together, ready to fight their way out. Ikki & Sloan glanced at each other, nodded, and shouted, "ATTACK!"

* * * * *

"It really was nice of you to let us stay at your house, Koji," Karin said, smiling.

"Nonsense, my darling! Erika asked us both to look after Brass's parts, and what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't protect you and Neutranurse?"

"Not a very good one?" Sumilidon guessed.

Neutranurse stifled a giggle under her hand.

Koji frowned slightly, then shook his head. "Anyway, with Space Medafighter X missing again, I'm the only one around that's qualified to protect you."

Karin seemed worried. "Do you really think someone might try to attack us?"

Koji puffed out his chest. "They'd probably know better than to test the might of the second-best Medafighter in Japan!"

Karin sighed softly. "I hope Ikki's okay. I know he's number three and all, but I can't help worrying…"

Koji sweatdropped. "No need to worry about HIM." He sniffed indignantly. "HE doesn't even have a mansion…"

"I just can't believe my little Rinty-Poo would DO something like that," Karin murmured sadly. "He used to be…such a good boy…" She buried her face in her hands, crying softly.

Koji felt a tug at his heart as hurried over to comfort his beloved. But before he could get there, three things happened at once.

Sumilidon spun around and leaped at his Medafighter, shouting, "GET DOWN!"

The window directly behind Koji shattered into a million pieces.

Something sharp and solid whizzed past Koji's head, leaving a small cut on his temple.

Koji landed hard with Sumilidon on top of him. Even though the air was knocked out of him, the sight that next met his eyes took even more of his breath away.

Rokusho rose slowly from the floor, his cape riddled with glass splinters. There was the slightest hint of red on his Chanbara sword, and it seemed to match his eyes perfectly. The crimson orbs scanned the room for a moment, pausing on Sumilidon, Neutranurse, and then stopping on Brass's body. He towards it with purpose, only to have Sumilidon leap into his path.

"Stay where you are!" Sumilidon growled.

Rokusho's eyes flashed dangerously. "Give me the Knuckle of Doom…or be destroyed!"

Karin gasped and backed away from the Medabots, even as Neutranurse stood protectively in front of her.

"You can't have it!" Koji spat. "It's not yours!"

"But it is," Rokusho answered, "and it will be again! Nothing will keep me from possessing it! NOTHING!"

Something in Rokusho's voice bothered Koji, but he tried not to let it show. In any case, he knew he couldn't afford to take the threat lightly. "If you want it, you'll have to go through us!"

"Right!" Sumilidon agreed.

"So be it," Rokusho whispered. "Prepare to bear witness of the true power of the rare medal! MEDAFORCE!!!"

A familiar green glow surrounded Rokusho's body, but he made no move to attack with it. Instead, it seemed to be solidifying into a new kind of armor.

Koji stared at the Medabot, uncertain of what he was doing, but knowing it couldn't be good. Still, Erika was counting on him, and more importantly, so was Karin. He glanced briefly at her, hoping she understood, and turned back to Rokusho. "Let's do it!"

Rokusho roared and leaped, his sword poised to strike.

* * * * *

Continued in Chapter 7: The Hunter's Hand

Metabee, Samurai, and Brutal take on Rintaro's KBTs with surprising results. Erika & Brass are reunited. Sumilidon battles Rokusho…and one will never be the same. Karin flees with the Knuckle, but she can only outrun Rokusho for so long…