Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A Better Start ❯ A Better Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

If you see that there is a copied line here at the top, don't pay attention to it since it isn't how I typed the chapter. It`s just a glitch or something.
Sorry for being late with the update. I was debating on the rout I wanted to take with some of the characters and got side tracked. I even changed my plot a little bit.
All of the notes I made in Iowa were pretty much useless, I filled 35 pages worth of story material by the way.
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, but I do own at Halo. Level 45 foo's!
 
Now on with the story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
­­­­­­­
When Naruto opened his eyes the first thing that he noticed about his surroundings was that there were no surroundings. Naruto was completely surrounded by a sea of white.
`Where the hell am I now?' was the first thing that came to mind, followed by `How the hell do I get back?'
“You can't go back yet young one. Not until you know the truth.” a feminine voice called out, seemingly coming from all directions at once.
Naruto looked around himself, searching for the disembodied voice. “Whose there?”
He caught sight of a bright light, how he could see it in an all white room he didn't know, that was directly to his left. `Ah what the hell, why not?' Naruto tried to walk towards the light but there was no friction to move him. So he tried other ways to move, even trying to swim towards his intended target, but each attempt failed to move him closer.
`Okay, this is ridiculous!' “You want me to learn some truth but won't let me get to it! What gives?”
This time the voice came from only one direction, the light. “This isn't a physical plane, therefore you don't move through physical force. You are in a spiritual realm so you need to use your spirit to create a path.”
Naruto folded his arms and tilted his head to the side. “How do I do that?”
“AUGH! Your MIND damn it, imagine yourself moving to the goal and you will!”
`Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh seems easy enough.' Naruto focused on the light and…………..all of a sudden he burst forwards and slammed into the light, which turned out to be solid and unmoving.
“Well that could have gone better. Now grab onto the orb and close your eyes.” The voice sounded soothing and relieved to Naruto, who quickly complied.
_________________________________________________________________ _______
When Naruto opened his eyes again he noticed that he was still floating, but now he was looking down at the forest. `Why is it always floating?' He focused again and glided down closer to the ground where he noticed that he was just outside the main gates of Konoha.
Standing just outside of the gates was the village council, though they seem younger than he remembered. With the council was a tall blonde man with a long white coat with flames at the bottom and the words `Yellow Flash' embroidered on the back.
`HOLLY CRAP! It's the Yondaime!' Naruto noticed his idol almost instantly and was literally bouncing in the air with excitement.
The group at the gates weren't alone, an army of ninja stood behind the council and the Hokage in a giant wave.
The Yondaime stepped forward towards a figure across from the group. “Kyuubi, why have you shown yourself to us, we have done you no harm.”
The figure, Kyuubi was a five foot nine curvaceous woman in a revealing blue dress with nine fluffy silver tails, a pair of silver fox ears at the top of her head matching her long silver hair that was tied back with an ornate blue cloth. She also had striking blue slitted eyes that were now looking solely at the blonde man confronting her. She spoke in a soft voice, which Naruto recognized as the voice he had heard in the white room.
“You plan on having another war, inside of my forest! Have you humans forgotten that your village was a gift from me? If so then I shall take that gift back, you will not damage my territory further with another one of your foolish human wars.”
The Hokage took another step forward. “We have not forgotten Kyuubi, Guardian of the Land and Queen of the Demons. We also do not wish to damage your land; the plan is to have the battle on our enemies' soil.”
A younger Danzo stepped forward. “We of the Village Council would like to consult with each other so that we could come up with the full plan to take the battles away from Fire Country. If we may, the council would like to be given 5 days to finish this task. Would you be kind enough to allow this to be so and come back in 5 days, so that we may put your fears to rest?”
Kyuubi shifted from foot to foot “Very well, I grant you 5 days to make the plans.” With that she walked off into the forest and disappeared.
Up in the sky Naruto was looking at where Kyuubi once stood. `What the? I thought the Kyuubi was all huge and scary? Not human sized and…..hot.' Before Naruto could look back towards the Konoha group his vision flashed white…
_________________________________________________________________ _______
When Naruto's vision cleared he noticed that he was now floating inside of a large office. Behind the desk of the office was the Yondaime, and across it was the council. Once again Danzo stepped forward. “The council has decided that the war against Iwa (the Stone village) should be continued, even with the threat of the Kyuubi. That demon has no say in what we do anyway.” The majority of the council members nodded. Those who disagreed moved to stand next to the Hokage.
The Yellow Flash stood from his seat and slammed his hands down on his desk, disturbing the piles of paperwork that lined his desk. `Damn it! Now I have to sort those again!' “I as the Yondaime Hokage of Konoha refuse to send out my ninja when we are being threatened by THE KYUUBI! We shall focus all of our efforts on signing a peace treaty with the Hidden Stone Village, at the very least a cease fire.”
Naruto was nodding his head in agreement with the Yondaime; it's what he would have done. Then suddenly his vision flashed white again…
_________________________________________________________________ _______
 
`GAH what's with all the white lights?! Trying to make me go blind?!' Naruto was doing barrel rolls in the air holding his hands to his eyes. Then he heard a voice from below him.
Danzo stood before another wave of ninja, all of them wearing white porcelain masks. “You of the ROOT squadrons have been gathered for perhaps your greatest mission: To fight a war for the village, without the village knowing so. This is for the benefit of the Great Tree of Konoha, ROOT shall be the unseen support of this great tree.” In unison all of the soldiers saluted their leader and then simultaneously disappeared without a trace.
`Heh, no white flash this time. Awesome. Now where am I?' Naruto looked around him finally turning around and seeing a giant silver fox with blue slitted eyes and nine tails that easily stood over him even though he was floating 3 stories off the ground.
“HOLLY SHDFKLHJDSHFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
The giant fox was walking straight towards him, then eventually past him with Naruto phasing through the enormous creature. When he looked at where she was headed: Konoha.
`So…I'm guessing she found out about the secret war or something?' Naruto floated Indian style over the Kyuubi while he watched a wave of people burst from the trees flinging kunai and shurriken at the giant fox. The weapons did no damage; however, they even made the sound of metal on metal when they bounced off the fur of the fox. Then one of the humungous tails flew by Naruto, scaring him half to death, and swatted the ninja away like they didn't even exist. The Kyuubi continued on her way, not even pausing in her stride when she attacked.
Then another group of ninja revealed themselves on the forest floor, unleashing various jutsu and none of them having any effect. Not even looking towards them the Kyuubi crushed the group underneath her feet, still not slowing down.
This seemed to go on for a while, groups attacking but doing no damage and being wounded or killed soon after. That is until a Giant Toad landed, with a deafening crash, in front of the Kyuubi. Standing atop the giant toad was the Yondaime holding a bundle of blankets.
Kyuubi narrowed her big eyes at the sight of her new opponent. “I was under the impression that you wouldn't fight a war until you had spoken to me first?” Now her voice was deep and fitted more with her title.
“That was not under my order, Kyuubi! They attacked without my knowledge, I fear that there may be someone trying to provoke you with the war. However, as Hokage, I cannot allow my people to be killed. I propose a solution, one that may allow you to discover the root of this problem from inside the village.”
The Kyuubi continued to stand ready “Speak.”
The Yondaime nodded “I have devised a plan that my benefit both of our sides, in the end. It is not without its risks though. I have set up a seal in which I store you're soul and power inside of a chosen vessel.”
The Kyuubi chuckled, cutting off the Hokage. “Foolish human, you cannot trick me with this. I could simply decimate the whole village and be done with it. Why would I go through all the trouble and be `sealed', like you say?”
The Yondaime paused, considering his words carefully. “The village already believes that I have set out to defeat you, but I secretly came up with this seal. I call it the `Shiki Fujin'. It will go along with the story of me defeating you, with you still being able to be the Guardian.”
Kyuubi's eyes narrowed once again “What is this vessel you plan to place me in?”
The blonde Hokage unfolded part of the bundle in his arms. “I wish for my son , Namikaze Uzumaki Naruto, to be gifted with your powers and to one day protect this land and all of it's inhabitants.”
Up in the sky Naruto gasped “My father is…is…. the Yondaime. OHMYGOD!”
Down below the confrontation continued. Kyuubi's eyes had softened after the blonde man's declaration. “So you say that I will be sealed inside your son. Still what can I do about the problem if I'm sealed?”
The Yondaime looked down at his son. “I have placed various seals throughout his body that will allow for your power to be focused through him. You won't be completely sealed, just bound to him in a sense. Though you may not be able to do much until his body becomes strong enough. My estimations show that he should be able to contact you through the seal by the time he is around 12-13 years old. By then everything should be set in motion.”
Suddenly shouts could be heard in the distance, meaning more of Konoha's forces were on their way.
“Kyuubi! Please make the right decision!”
Kyuubi glanced at the incoming troops, to the village behind them, and back to the blonde man. Sighing Very well human, but know that I will make sure that no harm comes to my territory. No matter the cost!”
The Yondaime grinned at her “Of course your highness.” Then with a final look back at his village, then his son he activated the jutsu that would take his life.
“SHIKI FUJIN!!!!” in a blinding flash of light the Kyuubi disappeared.
With all of the Hokage's chakra spent, not to mention being dead, the boss toad poofed into smoke after a final farewell to his summoner. Having nothing to support them the two Namikazes plummeted to the ground.
“NOOOO!” Naruto yelled as he raced down in an attempt to catch his father, only to pass right through him. Thankfully they were caught before they smashed into the ground by a teenager with gravity defying white hair and a facemask.
This was the last scene before Naruto's vision flashed white once again.