Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ A-Z Narusaku drabbles ❯ Round 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
These are some drabbles I did over at the H&E forums. The goal was to write a 100 word snippet based on the theme. It had to be narusaku and it had to be exactly 100 words. A few of the drabbles are connected and a few are stand-alone. Several have heavy innuendo.

Round 2 (06/2008):

Advantage

They were clearly the strongest ninjas Konoha had ever seen. With his limitless supply of chakra and her precise chakra-control, the duo could level mountains. When you consider that they were taught by Tsunade and Jiraya, it was easy to see why so many people considered them to be unbeatable. Few knew who would come out the victor in a fight between the two. But those that knew the pair intimately would say that Sakura had the advantage. Not because of her fists or knowledge of healing, but because Naruto could never bring himself to hurt the woman he loved.

Blossom

He knew it was cliché to compare the woman of his dreams to a cherry blossom tree, but it was her namesake. Her hair matched the flowers perfectly; it was hard not to see the resemblance. Even as a young boy, Naruto knew that Sakura was going to become a spectacular woman: beautiful like the cherry blossoms. He only needed patience to wait until it was time for them to open up to him like he knew they eventually would. But unlike the cherry blossoms, Naruto would make sure that Sakura would never wilt or scatter away with the wind.

Camera

“Naruto, put that thing down!”

“But Sakura-chan, I’m recording this important time in our lives!”

“I know that, but you don’t have to do it while I’m getting dressed,” Sakura said trying to slip into some jeans. “Ugh, I need to buy some maternity clothes.”

“Sakura-chan? Do you think I’m going to be a good father?”

Sakura smiled looking directly at the camera. “Naruto, you’re going to be a great father. Trust me when I say that.”

“I do. Say, what do you think about recording the delivery?”

“Do that and it will be the last child you’ll ever father.”

Desk

She didn’t really remember when she carved the initials into her desk. She just remembered that she was young and naïve thinking she would eventually marry Sasuke. So, like the giddy school-girl she was, she carved the letters “S” and “U” into her desk, branding her intentions into the wood. Strange how the letters somehow fit with whom she actually married.

“Sakura-chan, where do you want me to move the couch?”

“How about in front of the mantle Naruto?” Sakura asked as she set down a framed picture of her wedding day onto her old desk next to her initials.

Eggs

“Rasengan!”

The splatter of crushed eggs alerted Sakura that Naruto was trying to cook breakfast.

“Naruto, what are you doing?”

“Um, scrambling eggs?”

“With a rasengan?”

“But Sakura-chan, if I concentrate enough, I can beat the egg inside its shell. Watch! Rasengan!”

Naruto didn’t cause the egg to explode with his jutsu this time. Cracking the egg into a bowl, the yolk and whites were perfectly beaten.

“See! Now I can make you the best scrambled eggs ever!”

Sakura had to admit, she was impressed. Though she didn’t have the heart to tell Naruto that she preferred her eggs poached.

Fall

Naruto found it strange that people always associated falling in love with Spring. He thought it should apply more to the Fall. It wasn’t because it was his favorite season or that his birthday was in October. It was mainly because the first time he saw Sakura Haruno was on a brisk day in November. It was then that he knew he had fallen in love. Sakura would eventually agree with him on the issue since it would be one October when she also fell and fell hard. Neither were willing to get back up: living happily favoring the Fall.

Grumpy

He had seen many emotions from his pregnant wife recently; emotions ranging from good to bad: preferably good. But today she was on the bottom of the emotional roller coaster. To put it kindly, she was a bit grumpy.

“Sakura-chan, is there anything I can get you?”

“This is your fault you know,” Sakura glared at her husband.

“But we both decided that we wanted a baby.”

“Well maybe you could try carrying the baby. Oh wait. I forgot. You don’t have a uterus,” Sakura said sarcastically.

Yes, to put it kindly, she was grumpy and pregnant: a bad combination.

History

“Grandpa, which one is your face again?” the blond-haired boy asked.

“The sixth one over. It’s the one next to the current Hokage and your grandmother’s mentor.”

“And great-grandpa is up there too, right?”

Blue eyes gazed down at his grandson with pride. “Yes, yes he is. Our family has a long history of protecting Konoha.”

“And they have a history of giving your poor grandmother trouble,” a woman’s voice said.

“Grandma!”

“Hey there sweetie, let’s go home so Grandpa Naruto can get some rest.”

“We’re coming Sakura-chan.” Naruto smiled eyes lingering on the many faces of the Hokage mountain.

Idiot

“I’m an idiot.” Sakura said to a bewildered Naruto. “I should’ve been kinder to you; hit you less; I should’ve done so many things . . . I just don’t think I deserve you. You need someone nicer and prettier than me. I do love you and want to be with you, but I--”

Naruto silenced her with a passionate kiss.

Sakura pulled out of her blissful daze. “Naruto, did you even listen to what I said?”

“I only heard that you said you loved me. That’s all I care about.”

“Idiot,” Sakura said affectionately before kissing him again.

Jump

Sakura expected to see him jumping around like a crazed maniac, not sitting and staring off into space. The silence was a bit disconcerting.

“Naruto? Are you okay?” Sakura asked as she waved her hand in front of his eyes.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine. Just trying to keep my heart from jumping out of my chest. So you really mean that you’ll go on a date with me tonight?”

Sakura laughed. “As long as you dress nicely and pick me up at seven, it’s a date!”

“Woohoo!” Naruto yelled as he jumped up into the air like a crazed maniac.

Kittens

“Naruto, don’t forget to take the trash out.”.

“No problem Sakura-chan, you better believe it!”

Sakura sighed. “Why do you always say that?”

“What? Sakura-chan?”

“No, ‘you better believe it’?”

“Well, what else would I say? I love kittens? Hm, not bad. From now on, my new catchphrase will be ‘I love kittens’!” Naruto said proudly. “So don’t worry Sakura-chan, I will take the trash out because I love kittens.”

Sakura stared blankly at her boyfriend. It wasn’t worth taxing her brain over. She was willing to accept all his quirks including the ramen, the plants and now the kittens.

Laughter

They say that laughter is the cure for any malady. As a medical ninja, Sakura tended to brush off those notions for real medicine. But after hanging around the comedic man that was Naruto; Sakura began to rethink her previous notions on the subject. After all, no medicine around had the abilities to heal the wounds of love and loss. No medicine except for the laughter that Naruto was able to procure for the hearts of those in need. Laughter was the cure for those kinds of maladies: a drug she loved as much as the man who produced it.

Memento

It was tucked away in the farthest corner of her closet. She had forgotten about it until now. The papers were crinkled around the edges and yellowing, but she could clearly read the text. Free Ramen Voucher. A smile graced her lips as she held the memento in her hands. She would never admit it to anyone, but before she even knew of Sasuke, a young Sakura once bought these coupons to give to a certain someone because she had a crush on him. Well, it still wasn’t too late to give them to him, after all, Naruto loved ramen.

Naïve

“You’re not going out wearing that.”

“Why not? Everyone else I know wears these.”

“Well, not my daughter.”

“Dad! You’re not being fair. Mom said it was okay.”

“What? Sakura-chan, are you really letting her go out in public looking like that!”

“Naruto, it’s just a dress. That and she’s sixteen already, not some naïve little girl.”

“But, Sakura-chan,” Naruto whined. “What about the boys?”

The sixteen year-old rolled her eyes, “Dad, I’m not interested in boys.”

“That’s my girl,” Naruto sighed.

“I’m only interested in men,” the girl said before leaving.

“What!”

“Oh Naruto, you’re so naïve,” Sakura laughed.

Orange

She hated the color orange. It was such a loud and gregarious color. She preferred the more subdued colors, like blue. After a while, she found orange to be less offensive and more friendly than the depressing color of blue. It still wasn’t her favorite color or anything, but she didn’t hate it. Now that she was older and wiser, Sakura couldn’t think of her life without the color orange. It somehow blended so well with pink. It still wasn’t her favorite color, nor would it ever be. But orange certainly made her happier than any other color out there.

Piano

“What would you do if you weren’t a shinobi?”

“Um, not sure. I couldn’t think of myself as anything but one. And you?”

“I think I would’ve been a musician. I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the piano.”

“Why?”

“Musicians are viewed as intelligent, elegant and graceful. A good pianist can make music beautiful.”

“But Sakura-chan, you’re beautiful enough as it is. I love seeing the way you carry yourself when you fight. You have a grace and finesse that I could never have.”

“Maybe you’re right. But I’d still like to learn how to play the piano.”

Queen

She knew that her doting boyfriend was at it again when she woke to smells of bacon and eggs. To her surprise, Naruto was wearing a tuxedo holding a tray of food prepared perfectly with roses garnishing the tray.

“Good morning my Princess. I hope you slept well.”

“Naruto, what are you doing?”

“Just treating the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid eyes on to a special day of pampering. You need to be treated like royalty once in a while Princess Sakura,” Naruto said with a bow.

“Don’t call me Princess Sakura,” she said before smirking. “Call me Queen!”

Rage

She couldn’t believe it. Ever since he had become Hokage, ramen had become a culinary delicacy and the color orange was all the rage. Her husband was a cultural icon. The sounds of people speaking with Naruto’s quirky speech pattern was the last straw. She was going to have a talk with him about being a positive role model. She turned to see a woman with pink hair and took the sight as a chance encounter until she saw the second, third and fourth person with dyed hair. Her rage died in an instant. He wasn’t the only icon nowadays.

Shield

He looked at the tiny bundle in his wife’s arms and smiled. He was perfect. Their son. He would suffer no pain or sorrow as long as Naruto could help it. He was going to shield him from the horrors of this world and keep him safe. Because that is the role of all ninjas. They are the protectors and the mentors, they guide and nurture the young until they find their own strength to protect.

“Do you want to hold him Naruto?” Sakura asked.

Naruto nodded and cradled his newborn son in his arms. Yes, he was his shield.

Temperature

Sakura should be mad at Naruto for getting them locked in a small closet. But her anger was only making the heat worse so she quelled her fury. The temperature was slowly climbing as the two teens were squished together. The close proximity made it impossible for them to avoid physical contact as slight brushes of hands and touches only made the room feel hotter. The temperature never went down that night. When they were freed the next morning people noticed the pair had become closer than ever before. An inevitable ending to a night spent locked in the closet.

United

It was an arranged marriage of the clan heirs. An alliance striving to show the united front of the Namikaze and Haruno clans: at least on the outside.

“I don’t want to marry some girl I don’t know!”

“Mind your manners Naruto!” a red-haired woman said before smacking him in the head.

“Ow Mom!” Naruto rubbed his head as he greeted his future wife. “Naruto Namikaze. I guess I’m going to be your husband. Um, nice to meet ya.”

“Sakura Haruno. Nice to meet you too,” Sakura said uneasily. This was going to unite their clans? The alliance was doomed.

Vindicated

Kushina was always seen as a pushy woman. The clan leaders never took her seriously and didn’t think that she could hold the Namikaze heir’s interest. She proved them wrong by marrying the handsome genius, Minato Namikaze. When she suggested the marriage of their son Naruto with the Haruno heiress, the clan leaders thought it was a poor match: Naruto was too brash and Sakura too gentle. But she knew better and felt vindicated as she watched the teens talking animatedly and holding hands as they walked. Because Sakura reminded her of herself and Naruto was truly his father’s son.

Warmth

Once she would have done anything to become Lady Uchiha. The sudden betrothal to the Namikaze heir crushed her heart and dreams. Sakura didn’t think much of him at first, but Naruto had a certain warmth to his character that she couldn’t resist. That warmth spread through her body warming her heart in ways Sasuke never did and never would.

“What’s your answer?”

Sakura shook her head. “I’m sorry Sasuke. I cannot marry you. I’m going to marry Naruto.”

“Are you sure? Don’t make a decision you will come to regret,” Sasuke said coldly.

“I’m positive,” Sakura smiled with confidence.

X-ray

Sakura was worried. Ever since Naruto had gotten a letter in the mail, he had been tense. She had asked him about it but he merely laughed it off. She wished she had X-ray vision to see through Naruto’s desk where the letter was locked away in a drawer. Whatever was bothering him had something to do with that letter.

“This might help,” Kushina said handing Sakura a key.

Sakura quickly opened the drawer and read the letter. She paled, cursing herself for not finding this earlier. Running out of the house, she hoped she would make it in time.

Youthful

“She doesn’t deserve a loser like you.”

“Well at least I love her! I’m not trying to marry her because of my clan!” Naruto seethed.

“But does she love you?” Sasuke asked, smirking.

“That doesn’t matter. As bushy-brows would say, my youthfulness and devotion are all I need.”

Before either man could move, a woman ran between them screaming, “Stop! Please! Stop fighting!”

“Sakura-chan! How? Why are you here?”

“Because I love you Naruto. I love you.”

Naruto pulled Sakura into a deep kiss reciprocating her love. The pair never noticed Sasuke walking away, a sad look on his face.

Zenith

Their relationship started with an awkward engagement that eventually lead to marriage. Naruto thought he was at the absolute zenith of happiness. But he knew from his parents that his happiness was only going to grow as he and Sakura lived their lives together. Nothing seemed to tarnish their feelings for each other, not even the incident with Sasuke Uchiha. They had forgiven Sasuke because it was in their hearts to forgive and he had vowed to protect them with his life. And so began the legacy of the Namikaze and Haruno clans: an alliance bound by love and honor.


A/N: If one or more of the drabbles have inspired you and you’d like to expand on them, feel free to write away. All I ask is that you ask permission first. I may have plans for a few of them.