Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Blood of the Orochimaru ❯ Something's Wrong ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“It's about time you guys got here,” Ino said, hands on her hips. “I was waiting for almost a half an hour!”
Sasuke looked up with a grimace on his face. Did she have any remorse? Did she even notice that both him and Naruto were holding Sakura up because she was in too much shock to walk?
It didn't take long for Naruto to figure out what was going on when Sakura and Sasuke came out of the house. They would have been at the woods sooner had Sasuke not had to take some time to recollect himself.
“So what took you so long?” Ino demanded.
Sasuke and Naruto looked at each other. She really must be blind! Naruto nodded over in Ino's direction, indicating that he would take care of the matter so Sasuke didn't have a nervous breakdown. Sasuke shifted his weight as Naruto let go of Sakura and walked towards Ino.
Sasuke sat down under a tree and apparently forgot that he was still supporting Sakura and almost fell over.
“Hey, Sakura. Snap out of it,” he said lightly shaking her shoulder.
Sakura stirred and looked around. She was quite pale, almost white, and when she noticed Sasuke was sitting next to her, she pushed away and ran to the bushes.
Sasuke looked her way and quickly turned his head away. Sakura was violently retching into the brush.
Naruto was walking back with Ino closely behind. She spotted Sasuke and literally jumped on him.
“Sasuke-kun, are you alright? Naruto told me about the ordeal you had to go through and-“
Sasuke was not in the best of moods and having Ino hugging him around the waist did nothing to improve his temper.
“GET OFF OF ME!” he shouted, shoving her a good three feet back.
“But Sasuke-kun,” she protested.
“Would you just leave me alone?”
He got up and walked to the bushes where Sakura whose stomach was empty, was coughing up dry heaves. He looked at her then shook his head. She wasn't handling her parents' death not all well. Then again, neither did he, and they weren't even his parents.
He noticed Ino was following him and he turned around and glared at her. Weren't Ino and Sakura supposed to be best friends? If they were, Ino wasn't doing a very good job of showing it, she was so infatuated with him that she still hadn't noticed Sakura who was now on the ground covered in a cold sweat and panting heavily.
“Sakura-chan, you okay?” Naruto asked.
Sakura hugged him so hard that Naruto had to sit down to keep her from tipping him over. Sasuke turned his head away and looked up in the trees. That's when he noticed something was wrong…