Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Blood of the Orochimaru ❯ Promises are Meant to be Broken ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Sorry for making you guys wait, but a lot of things have been going on in my life. Anyways enjoy!
Sasuke: You forgot the disclaimer.
Yuugi-chan: I don't do the disclaimer, but if you want it so bad, then you can say it.
Sasuke: Naruto belongs Hinata.
Yuugi-chan: (picks him up by the shirt) Wrong answer! (Smack)
Sasuke: Naruto belongs to Yuugi-chan.
Yuugi-chan: I wish, but still, wrong answer (Smack)!
Sasuke: (Now has a giant red handprint on his face) Naruto belongs to Masashi Kisimoto.
Yuugi-chan: Good boy! Here's a yummy (pats him on the head)!
Sasuke: (whimpers) Please don't hurt me…
 
Ino was back to her old flirty self and continued her usual antics of trying to earn Sasuke's affections (unsuccessfully might I add). It was around lunchtime and they had made good time.
“Oi, Ino-pig! It's your turn to make the meal!” Sakura called over to her.
“I know that forehead girl!” she spat back.
While Naruto was gathering firewood, Sasuke found his mind wandering back towards that morning's incident. Sakura caught him blushing when she turned around to look at him. He shook his head violently to rid himself of the image. No matter how much he hated it, he had to admit she was very beautiful, especially when she wasn't wearing anything. Sasuke scolded his train of thought. It was his fault that he happened to be a teenage boy with hormones, was it? Sakura noticed him blushing yet again and walked over to him.
“What are you thinking about?” she asked as she sat down next to him. He looked at her.
“You,” he replied, but soon berated himself for saying so.
“Nani?” she asked in shock. “Did I just hear you correctly?”
Sasuke turned his head away yet again because he was now the color of one of his few favorite foods; a tomato.
“Oi, Sasuke-bastard! I've had the firewood set out ages ago! Are you going to set it alight or not?” Naruto demanded.
Sasuke sighed as he walked over to do so.
 
“Um, Sasuke-kun?” Sakura shyly asked as the four-person group munched on the cooked fish that Sakura had caught while Sasuke and Naruto were arguing over who would dive in the water to catch fish this time around.
“Hai?” he replied, looking up.
“Don't eat with your mouth full!” Naruto shouted, his mouth also full of food. The three other ninjas rolled their eyes at him.
“Anyways, as I was saying, why did you do that this morning?”
“Do what?” Ino asked. Naruto gave her a worried look. The other two ignored her question. Sasuke put his fish down. All of a sudden, he just didn't feel like eating.
“I don't know,” he mumbled, looking at the ground as if he found something interesting about it.
“Is it that you don't know, or that you don't want to tell me?”
“I want to tell you, but I'm afraid I can't.”
“Sasuke-kun…”
“The seal lets out desires best left alone. That's all I can say.”
“I know but,”
“I suggest you do your best to avoid me from here on out. I don't know what I'll do, nor if I can control it.”
“You know I can't do that.”
“Please Sakura. Stay away from me. Just please listen to me.”
Sakura looked down at the ground. She looked as if she was about to cry.
“I want to help you,” she said.
“I can't be helped,” he replied.
“I want to save you.”
“I can't be saved. Nothing can be done Sakura. Nothing.”
She slowly inched towards him until she embraced him.
“Sakura…”
“Then please just do one thing for me. Promise me you won't leave.”
Sasuke looked down at his teammate. He held he tighter and let out a breath through clenched teeth.
“I'll try Sakura. I'll try,” he said, closing his eyes, “but everyone knows promises are meant to be broken. Especially when they're mine…”