Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Couple Trouble ❯ An Evil Past ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok so my threat only worked on Dark Luna, but it's becoming seriously depressing not getting reviews. And so far only Geany and Dark Luna (btw thx Dark Luna) are making me feel better! Nd Geany is like one of my best buds so ya. Anyway you'll get the answer to your question in this chapter Dark Luna. I didn't wanna hold off telling this story. Therefore…
Chapter 12…
 
Kakashi was sleeping on his couch after not being able to keep awake while reading Icha Icha Paradise. He awoke to someone knocking on the door. He viewed his surroundings realizing just where he was, figuring out that Lulu was no where to be seen. He heard another knock and stood to answer the door, making sure, unlike Kadaj, he looked appropriate.
 
“Kakashi can I talk to you?” Kadaj asked as soon as Kakashi had opened the door.
 
“Of course. Come in.” Kakashi said slightly amazed. “What's going on?”
 
Kadaj looked uneasy as he sat on a chair placed around Kakashi's kitchen table. “Look. About my sister.” Kakashi sat across from him and took on his uneasy mood. “I feel that considering the two of you have become pretty close I'm obligated to tell you about two years ago.” Kadaj began, but his cell phone rang. He answered it. “Hello?”
 
“Kadaj! I'm worried about Lulu!” Came Yuna's voice over the line, “She just drank a bottle of sake and a batch of my fresh baked cookies!”
 
“MY COOKIES! THAT LITTLE…”
 
“Kadaj! Big picture!” Yuna shouted into the phone. “The last time the girl had any alcohol was August 25, 2004.”
 
Kadaj eyes widened, “Only when she's upset…” He muttered into the phone.
 
“Alright. I'm going to make sure Lulu doesn't kill her self you talk to Kakashi. Bye Hon.”
 
“Bye.” He hung up, and focused his attention back on his friend. “Kakashi…what do you think about my sister?”
 
At first he was taken aback by the question, but after processing the question, about a million things flooded into his mind. He thought for a few minutes. “She's…” he hesitated, “a close friend.”
 
Kadaj couldn't help but smile at his friend's nerves. “Um…Well it goes like this, two years ago Lulu was everything her name makes her out to be,” He twiddled his thumbs as he spoke, “Girlie, just like you thought she'd be. I don't think she even owned clothes that weren't a pastel colored. Well…um…back in sound, the two of us performed A ranked missions with our friend, Auron Janekins, and him and Lulu were close.” He began to constantly shake his leg. “And by close I mean like Me and Yuna.” Kakashi's look began to sadden.
 
Is he trying to say she's…taken? He wondered.
 
“After about a two years give or take a few months, Auron umm proposed to her.” Kadaj scratched his head. “Now for practically all her life Lulu was best friends with Maya Smith. She was a caterer so naturally Lulu hired her, and well that's when her life sort of unraveled. Turns out that Auron was cheating on her…with Maya, and the day of their wedding he called it off. She was heart broken, then it just got worse when she leaned why. August 25, 2004 was supposed to be her wedding date, but it ended up as her worse day ever. That was the day she went punk hoping no guy would ever fall for her again. She practically went on a rampage. Trashed all her clothing, ruined her room, practically swore out love. She had her first alcoholic drink that day, which is why it worries us that today she drank a bottle of sake.” Kadaj twiddled his thumbs faster as he let his lack of comfort get to him. “She likes you Kakashi, and she never wanted to love again. It hurt her so much, which in turn hurt Me and Yuna, she doesn't think she can deal with it, so I have to ask you again, what exactly do you think of her?”
 
This time Kakashi partly expected the question, but it still confused him. He didn't know what to say or how to react to her life. He himself had gone through loss, but not that type of loss. “Kadaj, I'm still trying to figure that out.” He said truthfully.
 
Kadaj nodded. “I think I need to go find Yuna.” He said getting up and walking to the door. He reached for the doorknob and let himself out but before shutting the door said, “I'm not exactly one to talk, but would you please think about your answer?” Kakashi nodded. Kadaj smiled, shut the door, and walked off.
 
Kadaj's words echoed through his mind as he moved from the table back to his couch. What did he think about her? He'd thought more and more about her over the weeks, and at one point couldn't even focus on a conversation he was involved in. Her story replayed in his head as he mulled it over. She'd fell in love, and he'd betrayed her…he'd cheated on her. How crushed would she be if she really was in love with him now and he turned her down. Her life would become even more miserable before, and then she'd really swear out love, and who knows what it would do to his relationship with his long time friend, Kadaj. What did he think about her? The question he'd come to ask himself every day.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Kadaj walked into his apartment to find his wife's sad form on the couch. “Where's Lulu?” He asked.
 
“I don't know, she left without telling me a few minutes ago.”
 
“You just let her go?” He shouted.
 
“She didn't tell me she was leaving! I didn't even know she wasn't in her room anymore until I heard the door!” Yuna said defensively.
 
“Wonderful!” He said sarcastically. “What are we gonna do about her?”
 
“First off, Kadaj, what did Kakashi say?” Yuna asked. Kadaj twiddled his thumbs for a little bit. “Kadaj! What did he say? Tell me you asked him and talked to him!”
 
“Of course I did!”
 
“Well what was his answer?”
 
“He said he doesn't know.” Kadaj answered finally. “He's still trying to figure it out for himself.”
 
Yuna sighed. “What are we going to do?”
 
“What do you mean?” He asked.
 
“What are we gonna do about Lu? She has emotional scars that can only heal by doing exactly what she did to get them. Don't you get it? She's so afraid of getting hurt again, that she won't allow herself to heal her wounds.”
 
“It still slightly confuses me.” He said.
 
“I think it slightly confuses everyone, even myself.” She replied. “I suppose the rest is up to Kakashi. Whether we like it or not, it's now his job to make sure Lulu doesn't commit suicide.”
 
“I doubt she'd try and do that again.”
 
Yuna sighed. “I hope not.”
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Lulu walked slowly down the street staring down at the sidewalk causing her to accidentally knock into a few people. Finally she reached her destination. She walked inside the apartment complex and knocked on a door.
 
“Lulu?” Kakashi asked when he opened the door. She continued to stare sadly and silently at the floor. “Well would you like to come in?”
 
She nodded silently and walked in the apartment, allowing Kakashi to close the door. “I'm sorry to impose, but I need to get away from Yuna and Kadaj.”
 
“It's not a problem. Feel free to take a seat.” Kakashi said, she smiled and sat down, “Though I do have one question. How did you know where I live?”
 
She focused her attention on the window and what was beyond it. “Kadaj has your address on the fridge.” She answered distantly.
 
Kakashi immediately took into consideration that she didn't want to talk, but wished she did. With her in the apartment he knew it would be many times harder to answer Kadaj's question even if he was still just thinking about it. He took a seat at his kitchen table and took out his book, which would again be merely used as a façade. As the time went by both of them found it harder not to talk, but Lulu kept two years ago in her mind as to sustain from talking. Kakashi on the other hand didn't want to disturb Lulu, plus he was still trying to interpret his feelings for her.
 
After somewhere near an hour and a half of silence Lulu finally broke it, “Kakashi, why are you being so quiet?”
 
“Hmm?” He smiled, which was apparent due to his visible eye. “I doubted you wanted me disturbing you.”
 
She smiled as she shifted on the couch to face him. “Have you talked to Kadaj lately?” She asked
 
“Yes.” He replied causing her expression sadden, “He was just here this morning.”
 
“Oh. What exactly did you talk about?” She asked, but before he could answer she read his expression and figured it out. “He told you about Auron and Maya didn't he?” Kakashi no longer knew what to say or do, so he just nodded. She sighed and looked at the floor. God dangit Kadaj. She thought miserably. Why do you have to interfere in my life?
 
“I'm sorry you had to go through that.” He said.
 
Right then something in her snapped, “I suppose now you're going to say something along the lines of `I know the feeling' or something idiotic like that right?” She sneered. He was amazed at her mood change, perhaps she had spent too much time with Yuna. “You can't understand it!” She stood up, still facing him, and curled her fist, “You're a guy! You can't understand! You won't understand! A guy is what shattered me! What hurt me! How could you possibly know how I'm feeling?” She got angrier and angrier with each word. Now Kakashi stood. “And now you feel sorry for me! How dare you!” She went to slap him, but he caught her hand before it hit him. She couldn't resist the urge anymore, she wrapped her arms around him as tears began to stream down her cheeks. She buried her face in his chest as he returned the embrace. “I'm…sorry.” She muttered. “You…could know.”
 
Suddenly she realized just what she was doing. Her eyes widened and she backed away. “Oh my god.” She breathed. She turned red with embarrassment and ran into his bedroom, shut the door, locked it, and leaned on it. She rested her head against the door and closed her eyes as a new round of tears began to fill them. She walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge. “Why am I such a god damn idiot?” She muttered burying her face in her hands. After somewhere around an hour silently sobbing on his bed she laid down on the bed and let the last of her tears fall as she fell asleep, after all it was pretty late.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Kakashi watched as Lulu ran into his bedroom. He walked over to the shut door. He tried to open it only to find it locked. He decided she'd have to come out eventually. After waiting somewhere around half an hour he realized how late it was and figured she wouldn't come out for the rest of the night. It wasn't as if he minded giving up his bed to her, had she simply been there at his apartment and it had gotten this late he'd easily give up his bed to sleep on the couch, for her comfort, but when he realized this, Kadaj's question flooded back into his mind. After the night's events all he could gather was that they were definitely close.
 
A/N: Awww!! The ending was absolute fluff, therefore I wanted to write aw. Anyway hoped u liked the chapter cuz it was hell to write (yes Geany I write cuss words now…I just wont say them). It took forever to plan it out and now I just need reassurance from you (my `loyal' readers [THAT WONT REVIEW!]) that I'm doing a good job. So thx!!