Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Couple Trouble ❯ Moving in? ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Jeez yenno I ain't even waiting for reviews anymore even if it is discouraging not getting them. I'm beginning to love this story too much. So with that being said.
Chapter 13…
 
Again Kakashi woke to that familiar knock on the door. He stood from the couch and answered the door. “Kadaj, do you plan on waking me up every day?” He asked seeing who was at the door.
 
“Who knows?” Kadaj said. “I'm just here to give you this.” He handed Kakashi a plain black suitcase.
 
“What exactly is this?” Kakashi asked.
 
“Some of Lu's clothes. Me and Yuna know she's here.” Kadaj said confidently.
 
“How…?”
 
“You know that Yuna and I are geniuses!” Kadaj said cockily.
 
“Kadaj.”
 
“Ok! We came by yesterday to see if you've seen her and heard her yelling at you.” Kakashi rolled his visible eye. “Anyway we were hoping you wouldn't mind Lu staying here for awhile.” His eye widened. “C'mon Kakashi! It'll be good for her, plus Me and Yuna have been begging for time alone.” He hated lying to his friend like that. He was selfishly forcing his sister on his friend, even if he knew it was best, it made him feel awful.
 
“I suppose I owe it to you.” Kakashi said. Kadaj raised his eyebrows at his friend, “It's my fault she's like this right now anyway.”
 
Kadaj smiled half-relieved and half-upset to hear his friend talking like that. “I feel obligated to tell you, she showers every morning and after she does she's incredibly hyper. Something about the clean feeling makes her crazy.”
 
Kakashi chuckled lightly. “I think I can handle it.”
 
Kadaj gave one last sad smile before nodding goodbye and leaving. Kakashi closed the door of his apartment, and set down Lulu's suitcase next to the couch, his new bed.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Lulu awoke the next morning to hear faint voices in the apartment. She carefully studied her surroundings remembering that she was at Kakashi's apartment, not her brother's. She figured it was time to leave his bedroom he probably wanted it back, after all she was a mere guest. It wasn't her apartment, though part of her wished she lived her with him. She'd never lived with a guy apart from her brother. Her and Auron had it arranged to move in the day after their wedding, that way it would make it easier for wedding preparations, now she figured that it was because it made it easier for him to cheat on her with Maya.
 
Lulu slowly unlocked the door, and stepped out of the room.
 
“Good morning.” Kakashi said.
 
She stared at him blankly for a few minutes before finally replying, “Morning”
 
“Your brother stopped by.”
 
She looked sadly at the floor. “Was he…looking for me?”
 
Kakashi smiled. “No. Last night Him and Yuna found out you're here, and they actually asked if I'd allow you to stay for a few days.”
 
Her eyes shot wide open, ridding her from any hint of sleep left. “He did what?” She asked somewhat angrily.
 
“He wants time alone with Yuna, after all she is pregnant, after these months they'll never be truly alone again.”
 
She scowled slightly and sat on the couch. That's when she realized her suitcase was sitting next to it. “What did you say?”
 
He looked at her staring at the suitcase and replied, “I think you know the answer.”
 
At first she was baffled, but after a few moments she let a small smile curl her lips. After all it was only a few minutes ago when she'd been wishing she could live her too, even if her wish involved different conditions, most likely, in her mind, involving one very precious jewel. “But…why? I was so mean to you last night!”
 
“I've known Yuna too long to care.” He said lazily.
 
She laughed lightly. “Damn it's cold.” She whispered shivering, “Please tell me Kadaj brought me a jacket.” She muttered grabbing her suitcase and shifting through the clothes. “Damn there's no way Yuna went any where near this thing, only Kadaj would be this rude.” She shoved on one of the pastel jackets, closed the suitcse, and settled into the couch. She realized just how comfortable she was here around Kakashi, but most of her wanted to uncomfortable. Whenever she'd gone to Auron's place she'd never felt truly comfortable, but she'd always shove aside the feeling, blinded by her love.
 
Remembering the feeling she could feel tears well up in her eyes once again, and it certainly didn't help that she was wearing the jacket she wore on the day of their first date. After Auron broke off the wedding Lulu trashed all of her pastel colored clothing except certain sentimental pieces, which were all in her suitcase. Lulu wouldn't have ever kept that jacket had it not been a gift from Kiyoshi Smith, Maya's older brother. She highly respected him to this day considering throughout her relationship with Auron, he'd always told her he knew something was wrong, of course this was another case of her simply pushing it aside, but even after Auron had broke it off, Kiyoshi had stuck by Lulu, he was the one who told Lulu about Maya and Auron. She'd still have contact with him today had he not been killed during a mission about a year ago.
 
She wiped away the tears that escaped, and tried hard to restrain the rest from falling. “What's today?” She asked Kakashi, “Sunday…right?” He nodded. “Oh god.” She muttered falling backwards on the couch. “I'm up way too early.” She laughed. “Oy I need a shower.”
 
“Kadaj warned me about that.” Kakashi said.
 
Her head snapped up to look at him. “About what?”
 
“Your daily shower.” He answered.
 
She let out a small laugh. “You don't mind do you?” She asked. He shook his head lazily.
 
“I think I'm going back to Kadaj's apartment, and get better clothes if they want me to stay here.”
 
“Want any help?”
 
She smiled, “Sure.” She threw off the jacket. “Damn I can't wear that thing anymore.” She glared at the jacket. “Oh Kiyoshi. Why didn't I listen to you?” She muttered staring sadly at the ceiling. She looked back at Kakashi and gave him a small smile. “Shall we go?” He nodded.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Lulu unlocked the door to her brother's apartment, and let herself and Kakashi inside.
 
“Where are Kadaj and Yuna?” Kakashi wondered aloud.
 
Lulu glanced at their closed bedroom door. “Damn it's early to be doing that.” She muttered. She walked to their door and kicked it.
 
“Damn it Lulu! Why are you here?” Kadaj yelled.
 
She snickered. “Because you, being the idiot you are, brought damn pastel clothes.” She said. You could hear footsteps behind the door and Kadaj opened it. “Ew! Kadaj I don't wanna see that!” He had his shirt off, and hair messed up. Yuna was hurriedly buttoning her pants.
 
“Hey Lu!” Yuna said after making sure she looked fine.
 
“You two, I swear I won't be surprised if you end up with ten children.”
 
Yuna blushed. “Lulu c'mon let's go get you better clothes.” She said, that's when the two realized Kakashi was there. “Oh hi Kakashi! You don't mind us forcing her on you do you?”
 
He shook his head. Lulu smiled to herself. “you guys can go rest I'll get some stuff together.” She said walking into her room.
 
Kadaj threw his shirt back on and bid hello to his friend. The couple then moved to the kitchen and gestured for Kakashi to follow.
 
“So Kakashi there's really no problem with this right?” Yuna asked sitting at the table.
 
“Why would there be?” He asked also taking a seat along with Kadaj.
 
“Off the top of my head, because you only have one bedroom, and she doesn't have a job so she can't help you pay.” Yuna said.
 
“Yuna she's not you.” Kadaj said. “The girl barely eats and she can sleep on the couch.”
 
“Kadaj! You're talking about your sister!”
 
“So? It's true.” He said casually.
 
“There's no problem.” Kakashi assured her.
 
“Well when I go to work tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get her a job.” Yuna said.
 
“So she wants to live here permanently?” Kakashi asked.
 
“I thought I told you that already.” Lulu said walking into the room. “Hey Mom do you mind if I steal your shower?”
 
“STOP CALLING ME THAT!” Yuna shouted.
 
She pouted. “But it's fun.”
 
“Oh stop acting like a twelve-year-old.” Kadaj said.
 
“Anyway.” Yuna said. “Go ahead and take your shower.”
 
“Thanks Mom!” She said swiftly walking out.
 
Yuna was half way out of her seat, but was stopped by Kadaj. “Get used to it, when the baby comes we'll all start calling each other by the names we want it to call us.”
 
She nodded. “I guess you're right.”
 
“Plus it is fun.” He said.
 
She rolled her eyes. They heard the water turn on. “God she's such a weird girl.” Yuna said. “The girl can't go a day without showering.”
 
“Neither can you.” Kadaj said.
 
“Kadaj, shut up.” He pouted. “Now you're acting like a twelve-year-old.”
 
“So Kakashi, can you answer my question yet?” Kadaj asked.
 
“Not yet, but I hope I'm getting close.” He replied.
 
“Yeah. The only problem now is that, eventually she'll have to come back here, and then we'll have no room for her, because of the baby. I guess all she need do at this point is get a job, then hopefully she can buy her own apartment.”
 
Kakashi soaked in the information. Half of him wanted her to move in with him permanently, but then he remembered something he'd been neglecting throughout this whole Lulu situation. Shinobi must always stay emotionless, but that's also when it dawned on him exactly how emotional the Strife's are, and they are exceptional ninja.
 
A few more minutes passed by with the three talking about random thing like their job or something like that before the water shut off. “Wonderful. Now we'll be stuck with Hyper Woman.”
 
Yuna laughed. “Well thanks for taking in Lulu. It helps out a lot.”
 
Yuna stood up, and went to the fridge to grab a plate of cookies (can you tell she loves making them?) and placed them on the table. Immediately Kadaj grabbed for one but Yuna stopped him. “Let Hyper Woman take one first, apart from Kakashi.” She smiled at him.
 
Just then Lulu came out wearing a flat black dress that went down to her knees, with wide spaghetti straps, and black tights. Since she just got out of the shower she wasn't wearing shoes, and her long black hair was parted and fell down to her hips.
 
Kakashi's visible eye widened. He'd become accustomed to her wearing cargo pants and a black shirt, and now this sudden drastic change.
 
“Hey Lu. You look nice.” Yuna said.
 
“Thanks. Kiyoshi gave it to me.” She said taking the seat in between Kakashi and Yuna. She smiled somewhat mystically at Kakashi. “The day before he left on his mission.”
 
Yuna reached over to pat her head. “That was hard on all of us sweetie.”
 
Lulu smiled. “Yeah, it was.” She smiled sleepily. “Well I'm gonna go get some of my better clothes to bring to Kakashi's.” She shifted in her seat to face him. “You only have one room in your apartment, I suppose I'll be on the couch?”
 
“No, I will” Kakashi said.
 
Her eyes widened as she backed up her head a bit, “But it's your apartment! I can't even help pay!”
 
“It's not a problem, I usually end up on the couch anyway.”
 
She sighed. At that moment, she wanted nothing more than to hug him, hang from him, tell him how glad she was that she got to meet him, and that she didn't even care about Auron's betrayal anymore when she was around him. She was able to suppress the want, with her excuse, “If you'll excuse me.” She smiled before getting up and walking back to her room.
 
“Now do you understand what I meant yesterday?” Yuna whispered Kadaj so that Kakashi couldn't hear. “About how she can only heal her wounds the same way she got them.” He nodded. Yuna smiled. “You boys want breakfast?”
 
“Yes!” Kadaj said thankfully, grabbing a cookie, “I'm starved.”
 
She rolled her eyes. “What about you Kakashi?”
 
“No I'm fine.”
 
She nodded. After starting breakfast Yuna decided she'd go and help Lulu.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Lulu rushed away from the group into her bedroom and shut the door. Damn it She thought. This can't be happening! Not again! She sat on the bed to stare at the still closed closet. She sighed, got up, and pulled the doors open.
 
After shifting through clothes for a while she'd almost had as much as could fit when she found something she certainly didn't want to. After removing most of the clothes she unveiled a white dress, her wedding dress. She stared at it for a few moments before taking it out of the closet and lying it on the bed. She looked down at it as the memories rushed to her, and tears welled up in her eyes.
 
Flashback
“So Lulu excited about the big day tomorrow?” Maya asked her in her usual bouncy voice.
 
“Of course.” A two-year younger Lulu said staring down at her wedding dress lying down on her bed. Her voice and outlook was different. Her voice was bouncy and hyped like Maya's. Her hair fell down to her knees and had blonde highlights. She wore a short light blue skirt and lavender tank top. “I've never worn anything white in my life, I've been saving that pleasure for my wedding day.”
 
“God you're so lucky! You found the one you love so young, I still have to wait and search.” Maya said bouncing on the bed where she was sitting next to the dress.
 
“Oh c'mon Maya! There's a guy out there for you!” Lulu tried to convince her `friend'. “I'm sure you'll find him soon! Heck! He may even be in your life already! Kadaj and Yuna are going through another one of their spats you know! He's single.”
 
“Ew Lulu, I'm not going for your brother!”
 
“You never know.” The two girls giggled.
 
“You really are lucky you know! Auron is such a sincere guy!” Maya suppressed the urge of rolling her eyes considering she'd spent last night with him.
 
“I know.” Lulu sighed as she thought of her fiancé. “I just love him so much!”
 
“Oh god!” Maya giggled. “You're starting to sound like a bad romance movie!”
 
Lulu giggled too. “You're right! Wow I'm an idiot.”
End Flashback
 
Lulu buried her face in her hands and stood there sobbing quietly.
 
“Lulu…” She heard Yuna enter the room. Yuna looked from her sobbing sister-in-law to the dress lying on the bed. “…where?” Lulu sobbed harder as her sister-in-law hugged her in an attempt to calm her down.
 
Lulu kept her face buried in her hands as she rested them on Yuna's shoulder. After a few minutes she calmed down, and broke from her sister-in-law to sit on the bed. Yuna reached down to pick up the dress and put it away, but Lulu stopped her.
 
“Don't.” She stared sadly at the dress. “Yuna, can I ask you something?”
 
“Of course.” Yuna said sitting next to her on the bed.
 
“Kiyoshi. Do you think he…” But she couldn't finish her question, because the two boys walked into the room.
 
Kadaj looked at her wedding dress. “Lulu, you still have that?”
 
“Why would I get rid of it? That thing was expensive.” She retaliated. He visibly rolled his eyes. She threw one of her pillows at him, which he caught. “Damn.”
 
“C'mon Lulu! Hurry up and get out!” This time she rolled her eyes and he threw her pillow back, but it hit the side of her face, causing her to back up a bit and rest a hand behind her on the bed, while the other tried to block the pillow.
 
“Kadaj!” Yuna shouted slapping her husband in the back of the head.
 
“Hey!” Kadaj shouted causing Lulu to laugh.
 
She slid down to the floor where she sat down next to another plain black suitcase, almost full of dark-colored clothes. She shoved in a few more things while Yuna tried to begin a conversation. Lulu kept her mind focused on picking good clothing and not the white lace dress on her bed. After a few minutes Yuna had to get back to cooking her husband's breakfast. Lulu continued to ignore the other two in the room best she could, considering so much of her wanted to shove Kadaj from the room, and talk with Kakashi.
 
“Kadaj! Get in here if you want to eat!” Lulu rolled her eyes therefore she didn't catch Kadaj wink at his friend before leaving the room.
 
“Don't worry.” Lulu said while she began to fold the small pile of clothes she had to put in her suitcase. “I'm almost done.” She smiled at him before continuing her packing.
 
A few minutes later the two emerged from her bedroom, she had her suitcase and had put on arm length black silk gloves. They sat down at the table where Kadaj and Yuna were eating.
 
“Pancakes Lu?” Yuna asked.
 
“Ew no, I hate pancakes, no offense.” Lulu replied.
 
“Wonderful.” Yuna said sarcastically.
 
“Actually we probably should get going.” Lulu said.
 
“Wait Lu. Do you have your other needed supplies?” Yuna asked. “For your outlook, like makeup? Oh and don't forget pads.”
 
Lulu turned a bright red as Kakashi shifted uncomfortably. Kadaj got up, walked over to Kakashi, and whispered, “Do you need condoms?”
 
Kakashi rolled his eyes and was thankful Lulu couldn't hear, but she was probably too embarrassed to have noticed anyway.
 
“Umm your right.” Lulu said nervously. “I do need something from the bathroom.” She left the room, forcing Kakashi to wait a few more minutes. She came out with a plastic bag, which she stuffed into her suitcase. “Ready.”
 
“Have fun living with the lazy perv that Kakashi is.” Kadaj said.
 
Lulu blinked a few times, before rolling her eyes. “Thanks for reminding me.” She whispered to Yuna so that the guys didn't hear. Yuna simply laughed.
 
“After I've had the baby I'll certainly miss not getting my period.” Yuna whispered causing Lulu to turn bright read again.
 
“Ok I think we're going.” Lulu said heading for the door with her suitcase. Kakashi nodded and followed suit.
 
The two bid goodbye and left. “Um Kakashi, what exactly did Kadaj mean by what he called you?” She asked nervously as they walked down the street.
 
“He was referring to my book.” She laughed which actually surprised him.
 
“I saw you reading that yesterday.” She said. “He acts as if he doesn't enjoy things like that too, when in reality…well I think you can figure it out.” She giggled then realizing what she'd just done sighed. She hadn't been happy enough to giggle in two years, she was happy again, and she loved it, even if her best girl-friend was her sister-in-law. “Kakashi, I hate to bring this up, but I have no way into your apartment unless I'm with you.”
 
“That is a problem.”
 
“And I believe the key copying place isn't even open today.” Lulu continued. “Since it's Sunday and all.”
 
He looked up at the sky, “You're right. I guess that means that either we have to stay together,” she blushed hearing him say that, “or one of us has to stay at the apartment.”
 
“Yeah well we'll just get a key tomorrow, she had to try hard not to cling to his arm as they walked, she seemed to be suppressing a lot lately.
 
A/N: Can you tell I read a lot of fictions that cause me to change my format? Anyway new chapter hoped you liked it! I certainly liked writing it! Right now I have an important question to ask everyone…ok not that important but do you really agree with Geany that I'm beaing mean to Lulu? Well please review! I don't know how to get through to you people? Is it going to take purposely making a lot of mistakes so that you guys have to flame me? *Tear* *tear* anyway I'll probably update soon because I currently have a lot of ideas on this whole Lulu/Kakashi thing BUT I need your help with the other couples! I have no ideas for them! So please review!