Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Assassin ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Just so you know: In my fanfic, the current Akatsuki members are Pein, Konan, Kakuzu, Hidan, Deidara, Tobi, Kisame, Itachi, and Zetsu. I understand that most are now deceased and a couple left but I had to make it so there is only one spot available.



Itachi's POV

I wonder what she dreams of. She seems so, troubled, tortured. Why do i feel the need to help her?

I see her tears, and I reach out with my hand to wipe them away, but then she stirs. I snatch my hand back just as she is beginning to sit up. She turns around and sees me and for an instant, I freeze. All I can think of to say is that "We are leaving, let's go."

She looks at me and nods slowly, "Okay."

Unable to bear her gaze any longer, I turn around and head toward the camp site where Kisame is. As I approach, he looks up from his Samehada and observes, "Time to go?"

"Aye.."

Your POV

That was embarassing. He saw me, crying. I need to be stronger than this.. What is happening to me? I don't even know much about him. Only that he killed almost his entire clan to supposedly test his strength, which I don't believe at all, and that he is feared by most and hated by some, mainly his little brother. Why do I want to tell to him everything that I have ever thought, felt, and experienced? He hardly talks to me, and says nothing of his past, and why should I care? Why?

The Mansion

It is now midday, we stop for a few minutes to eat, and we are on our way again. We keep walking until we reach yet another clearing. In this one, though, there is a mansion. It looks very old but taken care of. The three of us walk to the the large double doors. Kisame opens one of the doors and we let ourselves in. Once inside, I see that we are in a large, beautiful, circular recieving room. There is a spiral staircase opposite of where we are standing and there are many doors around the edge of the room, leading I have no clue where.

There is no furniture in the room though, and also no windows. It is also a bit dim, and there is only one light coming from a stunning chandalier on the center of the ceiling. In all, the room is a bit gloomy.

Unsure of where to go, I look at Itachi. He and Kisame then start walking to the far side of the room, toward the staircase. As we approach, I expect that we are going to climb the stairs. But instead, they go around the staircase to a simple door that I didn't see earlier. Itachi opens the door and it leads to an even more gloomy hallway, with dim red lights on the walls and a single door at the end.

Once we reach the door we stop. Itachi knocks on the door and then we wait. It doesn't take long for someone to call out from somewhere behind the door, "Enter."

Itachi opens the door and steps in side, followed by Kisame and then me.

The first thing I notice is that the room is entirely black, including the ceiling and the floors, with candles held in sconces in the corners of the room, producing a dim light. There are no other doors and no windows present. In the room there are ten simple black chairs, seven of which are occupied. Akatsuki.

Kisame and Itachi immediately go to their chairs and sit. Unsure of what to do, I remain standing in the middle of the room, with them watching me. I notice that most of the people there are just projections of theirselves, that the only people who are actually there are Kisame, Itachi, a man with blond hair pulled up in a ponytail, and a man in an orange mask whom I've never seen or even heard of before. The person near the center of the group, a projection with many peircings on his face, who I presume to be Pein, speaks first. "Kankishi, is it?

Not trusting myself to speak, I nod my head.

"I understand that you have retrieved Orochimaru's ring from his hideout, and that you would like to be a member of our organization?"

Again I nod.

"Well then, before we come to a decision to accept you, would you please recount all that has happened in Orochimaru's hideout?"

I take a deep breath, and tell the story, skipping the part where I ran as fast as I could to get out of there once I got the ring. When I get to the part about Sasuke, a couple of the members smirk at Itachi's direction and mutter under their breaths that Sasuke is going to get himself killed one day for running away. Itachi says nothing.
Most are pleased with me for defeating Kabuto, it seems they dislike him for defecting from Sasori to Orochimaru. When I finish telling my story, all is silent. Then one of them, someone who I know to be Kakuzu because he is a famous bounty hunter (somewhat like me), speaks, "I am impressed with what you have accomplished, and also with your reputation. You worked as an assassin for how many years? Eleven?" I nod. "And you have also never failed an assignment, and your very name brings fear into the people's hearts. Yes, I think you could be of use to us."

Pein speaks again. "Would anyone else like to comment on what was said?"

There is a short pause until the man I then presume to be Deidara speaks, "I agree with what Konan said, but I would like to add something, hm. Your ability with fire, do you consider it an art?"
My reply is, "I consider the living flame itself to be a great beauty." He seems to be satisfied with my answer, as he sits back in his chair and briefly nods his head.

No one else speaks until a guy who looks mostly plant says, "We have heard your story, we know of your reputation, and we know to an extent of your abilities, but what of your master? Does he know you are here, and can we trust you to keep secret from him the information we give to you?"

I am glad that I have already thought of this before I came here.Otherwise I would be in trouble.

After a brief pause, I state, "All my life has been full of secrets, hidden from everyone but him. He is the one who saved me from eventually being killed out of fear by the villagers. Even with this, I know I do not want to live the rest of my life like this, with no real purpose or goal. I feel if I keep it up, I'll go insane. I believe you guys are the only ones who could possibly accept me with my past, and you have an admiral goal. I know that the only way I could keep the organization's secrets from Shingetsu would be to cut all ties with him. I am willing to do this, if it means having a true goal. He will understand."

Another pause and then Kakuzu speaks again, "That was a good speech, if you mean it, and I believe that all that can be said has been said. Pein?"

Pein nods to him and then says to all in the room. "He is right. Now, we will make our decision as to whether or not Akane can join the Akatsuki." Short pause. Then, "Zetsu, do you believe that Akane should be accepted, and that she would be valuable to our organization and be a help in completing our ideals?"
After what looks like arguing with himself under his breath, he says, "No."
"Deidara?"

"Yes, un"

"Hidan?"

"Hell no." Jerk.

"Kisame?"

"... No."

This isn't looking good for me.. I thought I could count on Kisame's 'yes'.

"What about you, Itachi?"

He looks me in the eyes as he says, "Yes."

"Kakuzu."

"Yes."

"Tobi."

"Yes."< br>
"Konan."

"No."

"Hmm, I guess it is up to be to decide. Akane."

Hesitation. "Yes?"

"Welcome to the Akatsuki, you may now put that ring on your left little finger."