Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ A Bit of Teasing ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: I am back with Chapter 10. Sorry if the last chapter seemed a bit rushed. I sat down and wrote early in the morning (like, Midnight-1am morning) for two and a half hours…so yeah…I re-uploaded it about twice before I got too lazy and left it alone. Hope you liked it despite how horrible it probably was! Like I said, the chapters are going to be shorter, but I've uploaded two this time back-to-back. I was visiting my Grandparents and there wasn't much to do, so I sat around and wrote for several hours on end and since I didn't get Internet connection, I had to wait until I got home to upload it. Hope you enjoy! Anyhoo, on with the usual pre-chapter stuffs…
 
Quote: “Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion.
 
That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.
 
By- Captain Corelli's Mandolin
 
Fanfic: Who Knew… by _Uchiha Girl_
 
Novel: Maximum Ride: School's Out-Forever by James Patterson (the sequel to Last Chapter's Novel)
 
Notes!! We have a special appearance! A new character is coming in this chapter! W00t! (See, DragonLord? I fit him in eventually -^^-)
 
Author: And without further ado, Chapter 10!
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 10:
A Bit of Teasing
 
 
 
“Saiiya…Saiiya?” The ANBU in question jumped, almost falling out of her seat. “I'm sorry, Lee, just thinking,” Saiiya apologized, sitting up straight as Lee walked out, shaking his messy layered hair out of his face. His bottom eyelashes had been plucked and his eyebrows had been reduced to a third of their original size. He had on a pair of baggy black jeans and a semi tight forest green T-shirt (he had to get some kind of green), tight enough to show he had muscles, but a LOT looser than the spandex. He had black fingerless gloves and some stylish sandals to go with it.
 
Saiiya was pleased with the work the salon workers did. They had been dying to make Lee look more human for ages and were more than willing to give him a new style for free, and that style made him extremely hot. Saiiya admitted that she would definitely go out with Lee if he asked her. “Do you think Tenten would like this?” Lee asked, rubbing the bare space where his eyebrows used to be. Saiiya smiled warmly at the boy's infatuation with the weapons kunoichi. Every time they got together Tenten always came up in the conversation and Lee was obviously in love with her.
 
She stood up and walked behind Lee, smoothing out his shirt, grinning. “She'd LOVE it,” Saiiya assured, and Lee looked ten times more enthusiastic. “So I'm youthful?!” he exclaimed, and Saiiya nodded. Lee pumped his arm into the air. “To celebrate, let's go run around the village ten times, backwards!!” Saiiya paused, giving Lee an `I'm crazy but not THAT crazy…' look. “Umm…you go on ahead, I'll wait here.”
 
After Lee had sprinted off, Saiiya sat back down in the chair, touching her lips. `I can't get my mind off him. But honestly, what the hell was that whole kiss and then spit out one word before leaving me and completely ignoring me?! What a jackass!' Saiiya thought angrily, huffing. She ran her fingers through her hair, opening Lee's closet. Sierra had given her some ideas on what to get, and Saiiya had done a pretty good job. As she looked through the clothes, she found something a little too monochromatic.
 
She moved the clothes aside and quickly felt like a mother who had just found her teenaged son's dirty magazine mixed in with his regular magazines. She pulled the green spandex suit out, shaking her head. “Goodness gracious, Lee…” she murmured, laying it on the bed. Lee got back a little later, grinning. “I did it! I feel so YOUTHFUL!!” Saiiya rolled her eyes. “Anyways, you seem all set, so I have other things to do.” `…like go kick that white-eyed moron's ass for just leaving like that…' she added mentally.
 
She was about to pass him when Lee picked her up and pulled her into a bone-crushing hug. “Thank you so much,” he said in a strangely serious and not Lee-like way. Saiiya leaned back and gave him an awkward smile. “Of course, you're my student and my friend. We have to stick out for each other.” Lee grinned, his teeth glowing. Saiiya grinned back, patting his shoulder. THAT was the Lee she knew. “I'll see you later.” Lee waved in return and Saiiya left. She then began to decide how she was going to talk to Neji, stepping out of the apartment building, walking automatically towards the Hyuga Compound.
 
Saiiya went over possible things she could say. As she walked, she didn't notice the man walking towards her. Their shoulders collided, spinning them both around. Saiiya stumbled back a bit, taking a good look at the man. She recognized him instantly by his spiky copper hair and the mischievous yet intelligent gleam in his blue-grey eyes. “Hatake Saiiya!” he laughed. Saiiya's eyes sparkled. “Daringa Sekei, can't say I expected you so soon! I didn't think you'd gotten back from your mission yet! I figured it would take you at least another couple of months.”
 
Sekei shrugged. “Just got back two days ago. I can never stay away too long, it's like I have a bond…” Saiiya rolled her eyes. “There you go again,” she teased, and he crossed his arms, sticking his tongue out at her. She stepped back, looking at the top of his head with an irritable expression. “What?” he asked, tilting his head to the side. Saiiya moved one hand to the top of her head and then brought her other hand up to his. She measured the difference in their heights with her sharp eyes and pouted. “You're three inches taller than me,” she growled unhappily.
 
Sekei laughed, patting her head. Saiiya frowned, placing her hands on her hips. “I used to be taller than you!” she complained, swatting at his hand. “This sucks ass!” Sekei grinned and let his hand drop to his side. Saiiya looked over his clothes. “You've changed your style,” she commented, admiring his taste in clothing. He wore a black tang top that hugged his well-developed muscles. He had on navy green cargo pants that Saiiya instinctively knew concealed kunai and weights. His ANBU mask rested on the side of his head, the dog face painted and carved into it looking almost relaxed. He had on an open black cloak that almost looked like it was from the Akatsuki save the red clouds to keep him warm. Barely visible beneath the cloak was a sword that the kunoichi remembered clearly from past battles.
 
“Indeed I have,” he replied simply as she took his wrist, noticing something on it. She pushed up the sleeve and gaped at the black dragon tattoo that spiraled up his forearm. “When did you get that?! It's beautiful!” Sekei twisted his arm so she could see more of it. “On my mission. We had a day off and I figured I should get a tattoo.” Saiiya grinned. “It makes you look so bad-ass.” Sekei laughed, ruffling her hair. “So where were you headed off to that made even a talented ANBU Captain such as yourself so absorbed in your thoughts you didn't pay attention to the world around you?”
 
Saiiya paused, trying to force down the blush that was creeping onto her cheeks. “I had a few errands to run before I headed in for the night.” Sekei looked quizzically at her for a moment before his eyes glowed bright with mischief. “Oh, so our dear hard-headed Captain has a little crush on a boy. Who is he?” The blush made its way onto her face, turning her cheeks a lovely shade of crimson. “I don't have a CRUSH on ANYONE!” she snapped, trying to keep her voice down so she wouldn't attract outside attention. Sekei chuckled. “Uh-huh. SURE. And does this guy know about your crush?”
 
Saiiya turned on her heel, clenching her teeth as she stalked off briskly in the opposite direction. Sekei grinned and started after her, catching up to her easily. “I will NOT put up with your incessant behavior, Sekei. Go crawl back under the rock you slithered out of.” Sekei wrapped an arm over her shoulder. “If I promise to behave, will you let me see who it is?” Saiiya stopped, shaking off his arm bitterly. “You and I both know you wouldn't.” Sekei shrugged. “Or you could just tell me who it was.” Saiiya snorted. “You'd follow me anyways…”
 
Sekei chuckled. “You know me too well.” Saiiya sighed heavily, continuing to walk. “You know, sometimes I question why I even look up to you.” The male ninja looked down, shocked. “You do?” Saiiya shrugged it off, walking a bit faster. “Yeah, you're strength matches if not surpasses my own, you are a natural leader, you look out for your teammates and your intelligence rivals Shikamaru's. Your elemental abilities are amazing and you have a lot of stamina. Not to mention your survival skills are phenomenal.” Sekei grinned once again. “I'm flattered.”
 
Saiiya glanced over her shoulder casually. “You better be. I don't like giving out a lot of compliments. Especially after you've been being a complete jackass.” She turned left and continued walking, Sekei close behind her. He took notice of the surroundings.
 
“Isn't this the path towards the Hyuga Compound?”
 
“Hai.”
 
Sekei nodded in return, thinking. “Let's see…didn't you start teaching Might Guy's old team that Genjutsu of yours?”
 
“Hai.” Saiiya's voice was getting quieter and more deadlier.
 
“And isn't there a Hyuga on that team? The prodigy from the Branch House?”
 
“Hai…” Saiiya's voice was barely audible now.
 
“What was his name? Started with a N….” They had arrived at the gates of the compound. A guard landed on the ground, smiling briefly at Saiiya. “Neji, if you would,” she said softly, and Sekei laughed. “Hyuga Neji! That's his name!” he exclaimed as the guard disappeared to inform the ninja in question that she was there. Sekei put his hands on his hips triumphantly.
 
“I figured you'd go for a guy like him. Well, have you kissed yet?” The kunoichi glared at him. “I guess that's a yes by the way you're glaring.”
 
“Sekei…I'd appreciate it if you'd leave now. I have a bone to pick with him and you of all people should know how I get with my arguments.” Sekei nodded, still smirking. “Have fun, I'll talk to you later. I'll go bother Shijin.” Saiiya rolled her eyes. “Alright, see you.” Sekei waved a single hand and disappeared down the path.
 
The guard returned shortly, looking a little nervous. Saiiya saw the small slit on the side of his cheek that was almost deep enough to shed blood. “Neji-sama would prefer not to see you at the moment.” The raven-haired teen sighed. “Is Hanabi-san home?” The guard nodded. “May I see her instead?” The guard sighed and went to look for the young ninja. The gate opened a few minutes later and Hanabi appeared, grinning like the sly fox she was. “Saiiya-chan!” she said eagerly, leading Saiiya inside. Once the gates closed and they were walking down the corridors, Hanabi looked up.
 
“Soo…what happened NOW? He was edgier than when we caught him spying on you.”
 
Saiiya sighed. “I don't know. I came to yell at him for leaving right after a serious moment.” Hanabi stopped the older woman, turning to look ecstatically at him. “Oh! You have to tell! What happened?!” Saiiya exhaled slowly. “You don't need to know.” Hanabi's foxy grin returned. “You kissed, didn't you?” The kunoichi glared at the young Hyuga member and continued walking. “I assume he's in his room?” Hanabi snickered. “Oh, I have LOADS to pester him about.”
 
“Hanabi…” Saiiya's tone was warning enough. Hanabi's grin faltered but didn't fade. “Yup. Let me know what happens.” Saiiya rolled her eyes and left the white-eyed child to come up with countless ways to amuse herself and her friends at her cousin's expense.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author: Well, that's the end of Chapter 10! And next Chapter Saiiya and Neji are going to have a little confrontation...with possibly a little fluff? X3
 
Neji: What. The. Hell. I wasn't even IN this chapter!
 
Saiiya: There, there, sweetheart. They just like me more.
 
Neji: Yeah. That's obvious. Idiots are always fun to watch.
 
Saiiya: Go to hell…
 
Neji: Well, if you're here, I'm already there.
 
Saiiya: *goes and beats the shit out of Neji*
 
Author: *coughs* Anyhooo…I guess that chapter wasn't really `short' but oh well…deal with it. As for our new character, Sekei, it was suggested by DragonLord and here's a complete profile of him…(edited by me -^^-)
 
Name: Sekei Daringa
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Appearance: 5'8" ((that makes Saiiya 5'5”?)) with spiked copper hair and blue-grey eyes. He normally wears a black tang top with navy green cargo pants. He has a black dragon tattoo on his left forearm and has a unique sword strapped to his back. During the winter he wears a black cloak.
Notes: His elements are water and earth (sorry, DragonLord, there's no darkness element) and he is an ANBU Captain and frequently goes on missions with Saiiya. They have grown to be close friends, but Saiiya looks up to him. More details to come.
 
Author: Well, that's it for now; responses to the reviews will be done in Chapter 11.