Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ In the Rain ❯ Confrontation and a little fluff ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Muahaha I have returned! I know, I haven't uploaded in AGES (XD) so I was kind and decided to go ahead and write Ch11! Alas, there may be a bit of fluff….just as the title suggests. -^^- I know you've all been waiting for this so…here we go!
 
Quote: “Flexible people don't get bent out of shape.” -Anonymous
 
Fanfic: Path of Thorns by yukimiya_formerly_known_as_D-Srike
 
Book: Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by: James Patterson (the third book to the other two books)
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Chapter 11:
Confrontation and Some Fluff
 
 
Saiiya stopped in front of the door to Neji's room, hesitating. Sighing deeply, she knocked three times. “What?” was the cold yet still refined voice she knew to be Neji. “Let me in, Neji.” When there was no sound of movement on the other side, she added, “Please.” The door slid open, and Neji stood there in a light blue robe. She noticed he didn't have on his headband and spared the seal a glance before looking back at him. They looked at each other for a moment, neither saying a word. Then Neji turned on his heel and walked over to where his tea was sitting patiently. `He loves tea, doesn't he?' she thought as she closed the door. He sat down, his back to her, drinking his tea.
 
Saiiya waited, her arms crossed, her temper slowly rising. After ten minutes of him drinking tea, she began. “Is this how you treat a friend? Just ignore them and drink you goddamned tea?!” she snapped. “I told you I didn't want to see you. If you want to go against what I want, that is your own choice.” Saiiya clenched her teeth. “I deserve an explanation.” Neji set his empty cup down, standing and heading to the bathroom. He closed the door and Saiiya let out an exasperated breath. “Don't ignore me, you swine!” she growled at the door.
 
Neji came out a few minutes later. He brushed Saiiya to the side, pulling a book off his bookshelf, sitting down on his bed, opening it and began reading. Saiiya flinched at his actions before storming over and grabbing his book, throwing it across the room. Neji sighed slowly, standing up, but Saiiya grabbed his shoulders and shoved him back. “Don't you ignore me, Hyuga Neji,” she hissed, her voice radiating her anger. Neji raised a single eyebrow. “And why should I avoid this action?”
 
Saiiya stepped back, growling. “Because you know why I came here, and you know I want an explanation, and that you don't want to test my patience because I have a lot of energy and rage that I have NO problem releasing in this lovely little room you have here.”
 
Neji stood up, adjusting his robe. “Unfortunately, I can't remember what happened. Enlighten me as to what you came to talk to me about.”
 
Saiiya opened her mouth, blushed, and closed it. Her eyes narrowed. “You know exactly what I came here for.”
 
Neji thought a moment, pretending to think hard about what it was. “I can't think of it, sorry.” Saiiya raised her hand and slapped Neji hard across the face. Neji's head snapped sideways and he stumbled back a few steps. He touched the rapidly growing welt with a delicate finger. “You added chakra into that hit…” he noted. Saiiya huffed. “Of COURSE I did! You deserved it.”
 
“Is that how you treat a friend?”
 
Saiiya inhaled sharply at the reference back to her earlier comment. “One that's being an asshole, yes.”
 
There was a moment's pause. “So that's what you think of me, Hatake Saiiya? A friend?”
 
Saiiya's breath caught in her throat. “Well, what do you consider me?” Neji looked straight at her. She couldn't tell what he was thinking, and for some reason, it made her fidgety.
 
His steps were slow, catlike, as he got closer to her. A light blush covered her cheeks when he was merely inches from her. “I figured you would have guessed by now.” Saiiya scrambled for her voice, trying to find the words she wanted to say. “I w-wanted to hear it from you…” she breathed. Neji smirked, his hand resting on her cheek. “I've never been very good with words,” he murmured, his finger brushing against her lips. Saiiya tried to say something in response, but forgot what she was going to say when, for the second time that day, their lips met.
 
His lips were warm and soft against hers. Her heart raced as the hand resting on her cheek pulled her closer to deepen the kiss, his other hand wrapping around her waist. Hesitantly, her arms wrapped around his neck. Saiiya broke to catch her breath, looking at Neji. He stared back at her intently, smoothing her hair out. It only took a moment before they kissed again. Saiiya felt Neji's mouth open, his tongue licking the bottom of her lip. She turned a few shades darker and opened her trembling lips. He deepened the kiss, his fingers tangling themselves in her hair. She pulled his body closer to hers, stepping back and hitting the wall. Saiiya could feel Neji's heartbeat and it was just as fast as hers.
 
Finally they broke, gasping for breath. Neji leaned his head forward and rested his forehead against hers. “Neji…” Saiiya whispered, playing with a lock of his hair as a small smile graced her lips. Neji smirked in return. “Hai…” his voice was husky, making Saiiya's knees feel weak. “You're a good kisser.” The male ninja chuckled, leaning forward, kissing her briefly. “Am I?” Saiiya nodded, curling his hair around her finger. Neji grinned. “Tenten thought so too.” The mood was broken and the kunoichi glared at him, yanking roughly on his locket of hair. Neji yelped, grasping her hand. “I was kidding! I was kidding!”
 
Saiiya pushed him away from her, fixing her clothes and muttering curses at him under her breath. She brushed her hair over her shoulder, moving towards the door but the room's other occupant stopped her. “Saiiya, I was kidding.” Saiiya lifted her chin. “I'm sure you were. Just get out of my face; I don't want to look at you.” She turned to move around him, but Neji captured her waist in his arm and pulled her back to him, kissing her passionately. He broke it, leaning so his lips brushed her ear. “You are the only woman I could ever want.” Saiiya bit the inside of her lip.
 
“Then who was your first kiss?” Saiiya asked, thinking before adding threateningly, “And if you're lying, I'll gut you.” Neji eased her away from the door. “When I was just a child, I kissed Sakura.” Saiiya thought for a moment and leaned back, looking at him in shock. “Sakura?! You kissed Sakura?!” Neji blushed. “It was before my father died, I was only 4 or 5…” Saiiya began to chuckle and then started laughing. Neji rolled his eyes. “Well who was your first kiss?” Saiiya stopped, looking softly at him. “You.” Neji looked confused. “Me? Your first?” Saiiya nodded.
 
Neji grinned. “Well, don't I feel special? I got to steal your first kiss…” Saiiya snorted. “Shut up…” Neji's grin softened. “Gladly.” And then he kissed her again.
 
~*~ (Half an Hour later)
 
Saiiya and Neji were sitting down on Neji's bed, Saiiya leaning back against Neji's chest, his arms wrapped lazily around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder as talked softly to each other. They both went silent as there was a knock on the door. “Saiiya-chan!” came a mischievous yet sing-song voice. The couple immediately got up and off the bed as Saiiya went to answer the door. “Hai, Hanabi…” Saiiya said calmly, and Hanabi peered behind her at Neji. “Okay, neither of you are naked, that's a good thing…”
 
Neji moved towards the two females dangerously and Saiiya stepped into the hallway, closing the door behind her. “Of course not,” she bit out. Hanabi grinned. “You were getting there, I'm sure…” Saiiya flicked Hanabi in the nose. “What do you want?” Hanabi shrugged.
 
“How are things with you and Neji?”
 
Saiiya raised an eyebrow. “Fine…”
 
“Have you made out yet?”
 
“That's not something you should be asking, Hanabi.”
 
“So you have…”
 
Saiiya glared at her. “And if we have?”
 
Hanabi snickered. “I knew it. It was too quiet in there for a while. I couldn't hear barely anything…”
 
“You were eavesdropping on us?!”
 
The young Hyuga girl shrugged again. “Well, you couldn't expect me to go mind my own business, could you? Besides, now I can bug him about you AND Sakura!” The ANBU Captain sighed heavily. “Well, would you mind leaving me and your cousin alone for a little longer? I have to leave soon anyhow.” Hanabi thought it over. “Will you tell me if anything interesting happens?” Saiiya thought for a second. “Fine.” Hanabi grinned, waving as she skipped down the hallway.
 
Saiiya walked back in, rubbing her temples. “Your cousin is a devil…” Neji nodded in agreement, his arms snaking around her waist. She leaned into him, wrapping her arms around his back, resting her head against his shoulder. He kissed her cheek. “I need to leave soon,” Saiiya explained after Neji released her. Neji slid his hands into hers, lacing their fingers together. “No you don't. You can stay for dinner,” he replied simply, and Saiiya grinned. “Sorry, sweetheart, I have a meeting with the Hokage.”
 
Neji exhaled. “Fine.” Saiiya chuckled, kissing him. He kissed her back, but a thought crossed her mind. She broke the kiss, her brow furrowed. “Neji…what will the Hyuga council say about us?” she asked. “We'd have to go before them and-” Neji placed a finger on her lips. “It has to be a secret…we can't let them know yet…neither of us is old enough. We both have to be adults in order to go forth and ask to be in a relationship…” Saiiya chewed on her bottom lip. “So our relationship has to be a secret then,” she muttered. Neji nodded.
 
Saiiya hugged Neji, burying her face in his shoulder. “I don't know if I can do that…” Neji hugged her back gently. “Hatake Saiiya, a revered ANBU Captain of Konoha, one of the strongest villages ever known, a beautiful woman who has survived interrogations of all kind from numerous enemies, can't keep this a secret?” Saiiya smiled, releasing him. “It'll be difficult…” she murmured. Neji brushed her hair out of her face. “Or we could just forget today ever happened and go and see other people.”
 
The ANBU narrowed her eyes. “Never. You're mine.” Neji chuckled and kissed her on the forehead. “That's what I thought.” Saiiya looked at the door, sighing. “I have to go. I'll call you if I can.” Neji smiled. “Alright. Take care.” Saiiya nodded. She turned and headed towards the door but Neji grabbed her arm, turning her around. He pulled her in and kissed her thoroughly. She smiled into the kiss and returned it, Neji's grip loosening. She broke the kiss, one hand on his face. She grinned at him. “I really have to go now, sweetheart.” She planted one more light kiss on his lips and then gave him a brief but tight hug.
 
“Don't forget to call,” Neji reminded as Saiiya waved, heading out the door. She grinned once more before walking casually to the main gate. Neji sighed warmly and closed the door. Saiiya was intercepted by Hanabi. “Sooo….what did you two do?” Saiiya shrugged. “We talked a bit…made out a bit…” she replied after checking to see if the coast was clear. Hanabi grinned. “Oh, I'm so going to be blackmailing him.” Saiiya rolled her eyes. “Don't be too mean, and Hanabi,” she said, stopping Hanabi just before they got to the gates. She lowered her voice. “This goes out to no one, understand?”
 
Hanabi thought a moment. “Oh, that's right…I'd hate for me to have nothing to bug him about. I might tell my two friends, but they won't tell a soul.” Saiiya smirked. “Don't bother him too much, or he might have to call it quits with me…” she joked, and Hanabi laughed. “No, he's obsessed with you. He'd rather gut himself than leave you.” Saiiya laughed in return. “My ego just went up ten points. Ja, Hanabi.” Hanabi grinned. Saiiya waved to her as they parted. The gates opened and she sprinted off, a spring in her step.
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Author: Okay, so it's a little bit MORE than just some fluff. But Anyhoo, I got another chapter written! X3
 
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
 
Now just as I promised, here are your answers to the reviews:
 
~Gaara252…. Saiiya: What the hell is with everyone stealing my line?! First G252, and then the Author, and then Neji?! I'M the special one! That's MY line! -_- And don't touch my man! *chases after G252*
 
Neji: … *drinks his tea*
 
Author: *drinks tea with Neji*
 
~Milton.… Yup, sorry it took so long -^^- Good to hear from you too!
 
~SaSuKeS_WiFe…. Author: I know! It only took 9 chapters. Damn stubborn characters…
 
Saiiya: What was that?!?!
 
Author: …..I'm gunna go write the next chappy….ja!