Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kekkei Genkai Aura Manipulation ❯ Training ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto.

Recap:
Saiya was introduced to the shinobi of Konoha, including the annoying Gai. Everything is complicated with a love triangle…or maybe a square?

Chapter 5. Training

I woke around 7, fully rested. Sakura was up and waiting.

“You ready to train?” She asked cheerily.

“Yeah!” I replied excitedly. I quickly got dressed and pulled my long gold hair into a pony. It was getting too long. I would have to remember to cut it.

We left for the training grounds. Everyone was there, even Sasuke who I hadn’t met yet. I was greeted with a cold “Hn” as I was introduced to him. That didn’t surprise me, though.

“First thing first. Kakashi?” Tsunade said.

“Right. Here you go, Saiya-chan,” Kakashi walked up to me. He gave me a weapons pouch and a shuriken holster. I put them. “Oh, and this.” He handed me my own Konoha headband.

“Wow,” I took it and looked at it for a minute. I had always thought about where I would put this if I had one. I tied it around my left thigh so the metal was on the outside. Kakashi made the “smile” face where he closes his eye.

“Alright, Saiya-chan!” Tenten said excitedly, “I’m your first trainer!”

“Cool,” I replied.

Tenten trained me on target practice. I hit all of the stationary targets with ease.

“Nice going!” Tenten congratulated.

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“So she can hit something not moving, so what?” Naruto shouted with a hint of jealousy. Just a hint, though. “Let’s see her hit something moving!”

“I’ll hit you if you want,” I said under my breath.

Naruto performed his Shadow Clone Jutsu and 20 more of him popped up. “Hit them!” he yelled.

“I didn’t mean it literally….”

“Naruto, wait!” Tenten yelled, but it was already too late. Three Narutos charged me while the others ran around me.

I reached for a weapon, then quickly realized I had used them all hitting the stationary targets. “Damn!” I cursed. I did a back flip away from the first clone. The second, however, hit me in the leg, giving me dead leg. Then I noticed that I was right next to a dummy. I pulled a kunai out and threw it. Naruto disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

The next clone jumped into the air to strike me. I grabbed two more kunai, one in each hand. I raised my hands to the opposite sides of my face, then slashed at the clone. He disappeared too.

The third got me square in the jaw before I threw a shuriken at him. More and more came at me. I threw the two kunai in my hands and two more Naruto disappeared. I only had one more shuriken on this dummy. I grabbed it and ran for the next one.

Naruto jumped in front of me and kicked, hitting me in the stomach.

“Move!” I yelled as I threw the shuriken and he disappeared. I flipped again and hit another clone before getting to the dummy. I grabbed three senbon and threw them, taking out three more clones.

It went on like this. I would run to a dummy, use the weapons to take out the clones, then run to the next.

When every Naruto was gone, I sighed and sat down. I wiped the little drizzle of blood from my cheek. That better not scar, or I’ll kill Naruto.

“Naruto, that was out of line!” Shizune scolded.

“That was interesting,” Tsunade said. “You moved as if you’ve been trained to fight multiple targets at once. Not to mention you remembered the dummies each had weapons on them. You fought while you ran. Where did you learn that?”

“I’ve been on the run since I was little. I was enrolled in several styles of martial arts, gymnastics, self-defense classes, and a few sports. Nothing big.”

“I see.”

“That was really impressive,” Sakura said putting a hand on my shoulder. She put a band-aid on my cheek after looking at it.

“Thank you!”

“Yeah it was!” Tenten high-fived me.

“Good work, Saiya-san!” Lee said.

“Nicely done!” Kiba winked.

“It wasn’t that good!” Naruto yelled.

I glared at him.

“Why don’t you take a break?” Shizune offered.

“Sure,” I nodded.

I sat with my back against a tree. Sakura, Tenten, Ino, and Hinata sat with me. Gai had made several attempts to talk to me, but I shot him down each time. Kakashi…did not. It wasn’t until Sakura said something, did I realize I was staring at him.

“What are you staring at?” Sakura followed my gaze. When she turned back to look at me, she had a mischievous smile on her face. “You SO like him!” she said in a whisper yell.

“I-I do not!” I blushed.

“Yes you do,” the other three girls said in unison.

“Uh! Whatever!” I looked down and they laughed.

“I just can’t believe it!” Tenten said in a whisper. “Gai-sensei and Kakashi-sensei like you!”

“It’s just another stupid competition to Gai.” I said.

“What about Kakashi?” Ino asked.

“I don’t know. Maybe he’s just messing around and teasing me.”

“Uh-uh. He wouldn’t do that,” Sakura said.

I looked up and at the forest.

“What’s wrong?”

“Someone’s coming. I don’t recognize the aura.”

We all looked up. Out from the trees came the three sand ninja. ‘Oh great…’ I thought.

Kankuro saw me and smiled. I blushed…again. They went to talk to Tsunade.

Sakura had that mischievous look again and so did Ino.

“Uh….I think break’s over!” I stood and walked over to the center. “Come on, Naruto! Give me some more clones to knock around!”

He did, and I spent another four hours fighting clones.

“Alright, let’s break for lunch,” Tsunade said. “Be back here in an hour, Saiya.”

“Understood.”

We went to Ichiraku Ramen. Everyone was goofing around, so I took the chance to corner Naruto. He was acting like a jerk to me.

“Hey,” I said as I sat next to him.

“Hey,” he replied.

“Why do you hate me?”

“I don’t hate you.”

“Then why do you always treat me like crap?”

“Everybody thinks you’re so God damn special. Even Grandma Tsunade thinks you’re a fucking genius.”

“I have no chakra control. I can’t form any jutsu. How am I a genius?”

“Those are things you’ll learn. Look how you took out all my clones.”

“Are you jealous?”

“No!”

Naruto, I know you’re a great shinobi. You never back down, you follow your own path, you protect everyone around you, and you never show your turmoil.”

He looked at me.

“Empath, remember? I’m confident that you’ll reach your goals. I know you can become Hokage someday.”

He smiled, “Thanks.”

“Now, no more crap from you, okay?”

“Sure.”

After lunch we returned to the training grounds.

“This time, don’t use weapons. Use that power of yours instead,” Tsunade ordered.

“Hai!” I said. Naruto attacked with his clones. I only lasted an hour before I collapsed, holding my head.

“What’s wrong?” Tsunade asked.

“Headache.”

“Deal with it.”

“What?”

“We Shinobi fight to the very last. If you aren’t dead, or near death, I expect you to fight. Stand up. Naruto, attack her.”

“But…” Naruto started.

“DO it!”

He paused, “Sorry, Saiya.” He attacked and I defended myself as best as I could, but I was taking a beating.

“Fight back! Use your power!” Tsunade yelled.

I did. I took out maybe five clones before a blow landed in my stomach. My lunch refused to stay down.

“Tsunade-sama!” She’s reached her limit!” Shizune pleaded.

Tsunade ignored her. Naruto kept attacking.

I took more and more hits, missed several targets, and threw up several more times. My vision was blurring and I could barely stand. I was hit again and fell, landing on my stomach. I didn’t want to get up.

“Get up,” Tsunade commanded. “What a poor excuse of a ninja you are. How pitiful. You say you can fight, you have an amazing power, yet you only last two hours! How can I trust the lives of my people in your hands? You can’t even protect yourself! It’s disgraceful!”

“Shut up,” I gritted my teeth. This bitch better stop.

“What did you say?”

“I said….SHUT UP!!!” A burst of wind circled around me as my aura lashed out fiercely. The dozen clones disappeared. When the wind died, I passed out.

“It seems anger is a good motivator for her,” Tsunade said as she healed my battered body.


Thanks as always, guys. Let’s go reviews!!!