Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kunoichi Revolution ❯ USA Here We Are! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kunoichi Revolution
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or the song “Teardrops on My Guitar” by Taylor Swift.
 
 
A/N: Hello all my faithful readers! Thanks for all of your awesome reviews!
 
 
*Beep!* *Beep!* *Beep!* *CRASH*
 
 
“Damn it Temari, why the hell did you set the alarm clock!” Kitty yelled as she threw a pillow at the sandy haired girl in the next bed. “It wasn't me; Jazmyn wanted us to be up early, something about going to the mall.” Temari replied throwing the pillow back. Kitty sat up and smacked her lips. She flipped open her cell phone to check the time since the alarm clock lay in pieces against the near by wall. “Hey, Mari, what's the time difference in Japan?” Kitty asked as she climbed out of bed, and threw on her favorite soccer sweat shirt and a fresh pair of jeans.
 
 
“I don't know, but don't call Brit too much,” Temari replied, heading to the bathroom to answer nature's call and apply her daily make-up. Unlike Kitty, she was more of a morning person and had already gotten dressed. “We don't want to interrupt anything.
 
 
“Yeah, good point. You think Hyuga'll make a move?”
 
 
“Once again, don't know, if he doesn't he's gay, blind or really clueless!
 
 
“At this point, I'm voting for all three. But you're an expert, you think Hyuga's gay?
 
 
“What makes me the expert?”
 
 
“You have two gay brothers; I think you of all people will know a gay guy when you see one.”
 
 
“Damn it, Gaara stole my eye liner again! Well, I don't think Neji's gay, bi maybe, but not gay.”
 
 
“Well, I just hope that something happens, at least then I won't feel so guilty about leaving Brit alone at Christmas.” Kitty said as she ran a brush quickly through her short black hair. She wasn't much of a make-up person. Her normal morning routine included killing the alarm clock, putting on clean clothes, removing all knots from hair, and occasionally slapping on a little chap stick. Out of all the Kunoichi girls, she was the official `tom-boy' of the group. She occasionally had her girly moments, but they were extremely rare. She was the top player on the high school soccer team and had a very laid back personality. Kitty and Brit had been good friends since 6th grade but couldn't have been more different. About the only thing that had kept them friends was their love of music and manga. Kitty smiled when she thought about all the fun they had and all the trouble they got into.
 
 
Her thoughts were soon interrupted by the bedroom door busting open. “Rise and shine ladies! The mall awaits!” Jazmyn yelled as she barged into the room, soon followed by Hinata and Sakura. Jazmyn was another childhood friend of Brit's and Kitty's. Jazmyn was a 24 year old manga-ka for a popular serialized manga series. She was tall and slim, with short blond curls. “You guys ready to go?” she asked, twirling her car keys in her hand. “Yeah, let's go. Hey, Mari, don't forget to get Brit her Christmas present.” Kitty said as she shoved her wallet into her sweat shirt and headed out the door, Temari following her. It was a cold December morning in Caroline County, Virginia and a heavy layer of snow covered the ground as the girls piled into Jazmyn's black four doors Ford truck. Jazmyn jumped up behind the wheel with Kitty riding shot gun and the other three girls in the back. She stared up the truck and turned the heater on full blast. Kitty pushed the button for the radio and was pleasantly surprised with a Kunoichi Power song blasting from the speakers.
 
 
“Man, Kunoichi is getting popular even in the US. This is totally awesome!” Kitty yelled, throwing her fist in the air. “Yeah, I was meaning to tell you. Kunoichi Power is in the top 5 most popular groups in the world and the CDs' are only out in English and Japanese. Ya'll probably make #1 world wide once they come out in more languages.” Jazmyn said as she slammed the palm of her hand into the horn. “God damn it, Kakashi hurry the hell up already, we were supposed to leave half an hour ago!” Finally, after another twenty minutes and much horn blowing and cursing, Jazmyn's 26 year old book store owner boyfriend finally emerged from the house followed by Sasuke, Kiba, Lee and Naruto. Kakashi Hatake paused as he stepped into his car and smile at Jazmyn and gave her a small wave, earning him the bird from Jazmyn.
 
 
“I hate it when he does this!” She ranted as the started out of the drive way. “He's the one who sets the time and he's always at least an hour late and then he acts like nothing's happened!” Kitty laughed softly to herself as she listened to her friend's complaints; she stared out the window at the familiar town. She, Brit and Jazmyn had all grown up in the rural county. The closest town was small with a few family owned stores, a café, a court house and a few small retail stores. But on this snowy winter morning they were heading out of town to the mall a county over. After a half hour drive, they finally arrived. As they headed towards the entrance, Jazmyn gave Kakashi a thorough chewing out. Kakashi took the lecture quietly and simply apologized for being late and made up a lame excuse, something about not being able to put down his new volume of Make-Out Paradise. The group spent most of the day laughing, ducking in and out of stores and just overall relaxing. Eventually, Jazmyn forgot about being mad at Kakashi and the two could be seen walking with Jazmyn's arm wrapped around his. Kitty couldn't help but smile. It was funny to see how people forgave the people they loved so quickly. And speaking on love, it was more like Valentines Day than Christmas in the group.
 
 
Temari had silently claimed Kiba as hers and was now walking with her fingers threaded through his, stopping every few minutes to ask his opinion of an outfit that caught her eye. Naruto had finally gotten around to asking Hinata out and after much stuttering and blushing they had finally become a couple. They were now walking behind Jazmyn and Kakashi, Naruto's arm draped lazily around Hinata's tiny waist. The final couple in the group was none other than Lee and Sakura. Lee had declared his undying love and affection to Sakura about five minutes after they landed in America. After much laughing from the other Kunoichi girls, she had surprisingly accepted his feelings. They were now walking beside Temari and Kiba looking at puppies in the window of the pet store.
 
 
Kitty let out a sigh of frustration. Even though she had liked Sasuke for years, she could never really tell in the feeling was mutual. There was just something about Sasuke that she liked, he was just so different. He didn't show a lot of emotions, so most people thought he was cold, but you couldn't listen to his music, and then say he was heartless. She remembered when they had gone on their school trip in middle school. It was her first year in a Japanese school and she was still making new friends. They had gone to Kyoto for a weekend trip. They had spent the day visiting sights and a little gift shopping. As was the normal after the teachers had gone to bed, the girls got up and snuck into the boys room for an after hours party. Kitty and Temari had led the way, as was the usual. Out of all the girls at their school they were the real bad asses. A lot of people considered them yanki's, but once you got to know them, you realized they were just fun loving people who got into a little too much trouble and sometimes took their jokes a little too far. But on this night their only goal was to have fun. They spent most of the night messing with their friends, reading manga and listening to music, all quietly of course. Finally, the night was about to wind up when someone requested Sasuke to play a song to get them in the mood for sleep.
 
 
Sasuke had agreed with a simple “hn” before picking up his guitar and began to play. Kitty sat mesmerized has his voice mixed with the deep haunting sound of his voice. She loved music and she had heard a lot of great people sing, but she had never heard anything like this, it was like he was making love though music. Ever since that moment she had been in love with Sasuke Uchiha. Unfortunately for her, Sasuke never seemed to return the feeling. Sure, they spent a lot of time together and yeah, they had the same classes but other than loving music and both being in a band they literally had nothing in common. Kitty let out another sigh of frustration, man life sucks!
 
 
“Hey, Katie! Quit dragging your feet and hurry up! We're going to eat at that new Karaoke bar that just opened!” Sakura yelled. “Yeah, I'm coming!” Kitty replied, picking up the pace. She followed her friends into a restaurant that was a musician's paradise. The walls were covered with posters of famous musicians, autographed pictures were hung over the bar and each table was named after a band. Also in the middle of the room was a stage complete with microphone and teleprompter. “Man, this place is the shit!” Temari exclaimed as she slide into the Kunoichi booth. On the table was the group's logo, a combination of their personalities. The first thing you saw was a large heart which represented Hinata, the heart was black with orange strips, Brit's colors, behind the heart was a large fan, Temari's symbol, the fan was pink obviously Sakura, the banner running across the bottom held the katana for friendship, sports and fight was for Kitty, the light blue circle with firework blasts represented Ino and Tenten.
 
 
After ordering their food the group laughed and admired the different trinkets that decorated the booth dedicated to Kunoichi Revolution. Slowly the conversation turned to the band members left in Tokyo. “So, you think this Neji guys the one for Brit?” Jazmyn asked, sipping on her soda. “Who the hell knows anymore?” Temari replied. “It's been crazy! One minute she's falling in love all over again and the next, she's ready to hang him. She swears she's over him, but it's pretty obvious that she's still crushing on him hard, about the only person who doesn't see it is Hyuuga.”
 
 
“Why are you girls so convinced that Brit's in love with Neji?” Naruto asked, confused by the whole conversation. As far as he could see, Brit and Neji completely hated each other. “Because it's written all over the place!” Sakura responded, rolling her eyes. “Guys are so fricken dense! I mean, Brit worships the ground Neji walks on, but she's too proud to admit it. Kami, I wish something would happen; it's driving me crazy with suspense!” Sakura's statement received encouraging chorus of cries from the female members of the table and confused glances from the men.
 
 
“Well, not to change the subject, but Brit's not the only one we need to get hooked up!” Jazmyn said, taking her straw out and pointing it at Kitty. “Yeah! Kitty still needs a boyfriend!” Temari exclaimed, throwing her arms around the black haired guitarist. “Let's get her and Sasuke together.” Lee joked punching the man in question playfully. “Will you people stop being stupid?” Sasuke replied, folding his arms across his chest and stared indifferently at one of the AC/DC posters. “Yeah,” Kitty replied quietly, occupying her self with her drink. It was a stupid idea that Sasuke would ever feel the same way about her. Kitty sighed to herself. Why did she have to be so ugly? Everyone told her how pretty she was and Brit always said how much she envied her for being able to wear her hair short. But Kitty had never felt that way, she always thought of herself as fat; that's why she wore sweat shirts. First of all, she didn't really care about cloths and secondly, she didn't look good in anything else. Her looks had always bothered her, probably why she was such a tom-boy; it was easier to be `one of the guys' where looks didn't matter than it did to be a girly girl, who always wanted attention from the guys. Kitty sighed again and glanced over at Sasuke who was sitting at the other table. He was sitting by himself with Lee, Sakura, Hinata and Naruto around him. The four others were discussing something while he studied the various collectors' items around the room with his endless onyx eyes. He was wearing a dark navy blue sweater with a red and white fan patch sewn onto the shoulder and a pair of white jeans along with three or four simple silver earrings on his left ear. He turned his head towards her and momentarily made eye contact. Kitty felt her face turn red as she looked down to study the table.
 
 
“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME!” she screamed to herself “AM I ACTUALLY BLUSHING! OMFG! CATHERINE, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!” Unbeknownst to Kitty, Hinata had been quietly watching her and even though she was quiet and rather shy, she was always ready to give her friends a gentle push in the right direction. “Um Kitty?” she said in her usual soft voice. “I think they just turned on the karaoke machine, why don't you go up and I'll put on one of our songs.” “Yeah, sounds good, Hina-chan,” Kitty said, looking for a way to get away and calm down. Kitty made her way to the stage and picked up the microphone. She closed her eyes as Hinata turned on the music and let out a slow breath. She didn't sing very often but when she did she made sure to give it her all. She heard the music and opened her eyes in surprise; this was one of the few songs that she had written and by far her favorite. She had written it last year during one of her more difficult times when she had heard Sasuke talking about a girl he had fallen for. She took a deep breath and focused on her audience, particularly one dark haired guitarist.
 
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be
I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about
And she's got everything that I have to live without
 
 
Drew talks to me, I laugh cause it's so damn funny
That I can't even see anyone when he's with me
He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night
 
 
He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
 
 
Drew walks by me; can he tell that I can't breathe?
And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be
She'd better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky cause
 
 
He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
 
 
So I drive home alone, as I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down and maybe
Get some sleep tonight
 
 
He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into..
 
 
Drew looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see.
 
 
Sasuke watched the performing girl with interest. Kitty had always been a person of interest for him, not only was she an amazing performer, but an amazing person too. Sure, she got into trouble now and then, but she was always ready to fight for her friends. He noticed how the music seemed to go straight to her heart and the words seemed to just flow out of her mouth. She seemed lost in a world of her own as she put her soul into the song. He also noticed her deep brown eyes locked onto him the entire time she was singing. The dark haired boy returned her gaze with one of his own, accompanied by his trademark smirk. Compared to the other Kunoichi girls, Kitty was completely different; most of them wore very girly, very unique clothing while Kitty seemed content with her usual jeans and sweat shirts. He found himself amused by the thought of her in one of the Punk Lolita style dresses that Brit and Temari seemed to love. He gazed at her as she stepped off the stage and returned to the group. Her face was flushed for some reason and she had her head turn down. She plopped down at the table with her temple in the corner of her hand.
 
 
“Hey, Katie, you okay?” Jazmyn asked, rubbing her friend's arm.
 
 
“Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine, just got a headache…” Kitty replied, rubbing her slightly swollen eyes. The girls swapped looks silently. “Well, it's been a long day; I say we head back home!” Temari said, standing up. Everyone agreed as they walked out and headed back towards the parking lot. Once again, everyone broke off into their couples leaving Kitty and Sasuke walking side by side in the back of the group. “God, why do I always end up in these messes?! Kitty asked herself as she continued to study the ground. She snuck another glance at Sasuke, who was walking with his hand buried in his jeans. “OMFG! It has got to be illegal somewhere to look that hot!” she screamed in her head. Unbeknownst to her, Sasuke had been taking several glances at her himself, confused by her distressed look. But he had to admit, she was adorable. He chuckled slightly as he walked from the relative comfort of the mall back into the cold parking lot under the last light of day.
 
 
Everyone climbed into their vehicles and returned to Jazmyn's house, and then spent the next couple hours hanging out. Slowly, everyone headed up to bed, leaving Sasuke and Kitty alone. Katie flipped open her phone and dialed Brit, looking for any excuse not to pay attention to Sasuke. Unfortunately, luck was not shining on her. “Damn it, Brit! And you yell at me for never turning my phone on...!
 
“So… who were you trying to call?” Sasuke asked, trying to start a conversation.
 
“Uh… It was quite obvious that I was trying to call Brit,” Kitty responded, staring at the small screen of her phone; she had decided to play a game instead. “Did you not hear me say her name?” On the outside, she was calm and collected as she stared lazily at her phone… but on the inside, she was screaming at herself. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?! MAKE HIM HATE YOU?!” Kitty yelled in thought. Sasuke merely made his trademark `hn' sound and looked away from the girl. “Stupid me…!” After a few minutes of playing `snake' on her phone, she snapped it shut, feeling bored with the little game. Kitty looked up and noticed that Sasuke's eyes were closed and his head was down. “He's sleeping…” she muttered flatly, and then sighed. Here she was trying to avoid conversation with him, and he fell asleep! Inconsiderate jerk…! Kitty stood up from the couch and was about to go upstairs to bed, but her eyes drifted back to Sasuke's face. “Why does he have to be so hot?” she asked herself as she walked over to his sleeping form. The glow of the fire in the fireplace only seemed to make him even hotter. Kitty sighed softly, and then sat down next to him. She looked around for any signs of her nosy friends, but found none. She then slowly moved her head to Sasuke's shoulder. The boy didn't move at the sudden weight, so Kitty assumed he was still sleeping. A small smile slowly graced Kitty's face as she closed her eyes. “One night… one night of being close to him like this,” she thought, allowing her body to relax. “That's all I ask…”
 
“What are you doing?” someone asked in a whisper. Well, so much for that idea! A huge blush spread across Kitty's face, but she refused to move. Sasuke would surely suspect her now! “Hey, I know you heard me.” After that, Kitty quickly removed her head and looked away, not wanting Sasuke to see her face at the moment.
 
“Um…” she said in a whisper.
 
“What?” Sasuke asked. Fortunately for Kitty, a quick lie began formulating in her head.
 
“I… uh… was cold and I wasn't thinking properly, so I sat next you!” she said, not once glancing at Sasuke's face. Still, she could feel Sasuke's gaze on her body.
 
“You have a sweater on,” he commented.
 
“T-That doesn't mean I wasn't cold!” Kitty exclaimed, finally turning her head to him. “I told you I wasn't thinking properly!” Sasuke's face remained indifferent as he continued to stare at her.
 
“There's no need to raise your voice,” he finally said, causing Kitty to blush again in embarrassment. “And I guess you are cold, seeing as how your face is all red. You might get a fever…” Kitty's face changed to a deeper shade of red at his words as she looked at her lap.
 
“He saw me blush!” she screamed in thought. Kitty promptly stood up from the couch, muttering `bed' under her breath. She didn't go far, though because Sasuke had grabbed a hold of her hand. Kitty looked back in surprise. Her eyes widen when Sasuke pulled her down into his lap. “I-If I was Hina-chan… I would faint right now!” Kitty thought, lifting her head up from Sasuke's chest. “W-What's the big idea?!” she asked out loud.
 
“Nothing, I'm too tired to have an idea,” was Sasuke's response as he stared into the fire. Kitty stared up at his face, her mouth was left hanging. Did Sasuke Uchiha just joke? It wasn't very funny and Kitty had heard better, but a joke's a joke! Kitty opened her mouth to respond, but no words came forth. What could she say when she was so close to her crush? Kitty cautiously put on head back on Sasuke's chest, all sorts of questions running and jumping around in her head. Why was Sasuke doing this?
 
The two teens sat in complete silence as they both watched the fire. For Kitty, the silence was overwhelming. It something didn't happen soon she was going to burst! Not to mention the fact that she had landed wrong and now her legs were starting to get numb. If only she could adjust herself without alerting Sasuke. Too bad that will never happen. “… Sasuke…” Kitty said, quickly thinking of a way to free her legs.
 
“Hn…”
 
“Wanna watch a movie?” she asked.
 
“No.”
 
“Crap! Getting up to get a movie was an excuse to move!” Kitty thought, mentally crying a river.
 
“That song…” Sasuke's voice made Kitty snap back to reality. “It was…”
 
“Yeah…?”
 
“It was amazing. It got me thinking…” Sasuke continued.
 
 
“'Bout what?” Kitty asked trying to act like nothing was happening. “About things, about how magical you are when you sing, about you Kitty-chan” Sasuke said in a low husky voice that sent a shiver up Kitty's spine. “OMFG! DID HE JUST CALL ME `KITTY'!?!” She yelled to herself, Sasuke had never called her Kitty, let alone Kitty-chan! “Um, Sasuke, can I ask you a question” she asked shoving her hands into her sweatshirt pocket focusing on the flames dancing in the fire place.
 
 
“Go ahead”
 
 
“Can you let me up; I can't feel my legs anymore”
 
 
“You're a real moment killer you know that” Sasuke replied lifting the girl out of his lap and setting her down beside him before folding his arms across is chest. “Well it's not my fault!” Kitty replied jumping up, unfortunately she still couldn't feel her legs and fell forward landing back in the Uchiha boy's lap, only this time she was straddling his waist. `Someone up there must really hate me, what is that thing that Brit's always talking about? Right Karma, I promise no more swearing, no more dirty thoughts, no more making fun of the whores no matter how fun it is heh, dirty sluts, ACK! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! NOW SAVE ME DAMN IT!”
 
 
“Well, you sure are forward” Sasuke said looking up at her cocking one eyebrow. “THIS WASN'T MY FAULT DAMN IT! I STILL CAN'T FEEL MY LEGS!” Kitty screamed horrified. She tried to stand up only to be stopped by Sasuke wrapping his arms around her slender waist. “You know if you keep yelling like that your going to wake up the whole house.” Sasuke said pulling her back down into her lap this time making sure her the circulation wasn't cut of to her legs; he didn't want anymore interruptions. “Who the hell says I don't want the to wake up” Kitty replied trying to let venom to soak into every word, she did after all have an image to maintain, she couldn't let people think she was going pussy footed. “Fine by me, I really don't care if they see this or not” Sasuke said before pressing her lips against his own.
 
 
“WTFing HELL!” Kitty screamed in her as Sasuke thrust his tongue into her mouth. After what seemed like years but was really only a few minutes Sasuke pulled back from the dark haired girl both gasping for breath. Sasuke's face was slightly flushed but he wore a smirk of satisfaction. Kitty could only stare at him dumbfounded. “O......M......F......G!!!!!!!!!! Did he just fucking kiss me?! HOLY CRAP!” She felt her face burning with embarrassment, she had to be dreaming there was no way, Sasuke Uchiha; hottest member in Ninja Power could like her Catherine the boring, ugly, tomboy guitarist of Kunoichi Revolution. Sasuke smiled at her blush and leaned down to whisper in her ear. “I don't want to cause anymore tear drops on your guitar my Kitty-chan”
 
 
“Sasuke” He smiled again, he loved the way she said his name. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss against her lips. “Mine” he whispered again as they both fell into a deep peaceful sleep.
 
 
A/N: OMG! Finally finished! Longest Chapter ever! 10 fricken pages! Kitty! You better be grateful!