Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kunoichi Revolution ❯ Christmas Eve Bar Vist ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kunoichi Revolution
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or any of the songs used in this fic.
 
 
 
Another cold winter afternoon was slowly passing by at Konoha High School. Everything was strangely peaceful at the school, especially at the Music Dorm. It was currently empty except for one dark hair bass player who was reading the school's monthly magazine. Neji slowly flipped through the pages stopping every few moments to skim through an article. He was rather uncomfortable in the silence of the house. Ever since the night the power went out he and Brit had very seldom parted company. He had woken up a few hours after they had fallen asleep and put Brit's still sleeping form into her bed before returning to his own. The next morning they had silently called a truce, they had been best friends ever since. Neji smiled when he heard the front door open and close. “Hey Neji, I'm back” Brit called as she walked into the living room dropping a load of bags and shrugging out of her jacket.
 
 
“What'ch ya reading? Play Boy?” she asked resting her arms against the back of the couch to look over his shoulder.
 
 
“No” he replied.
 
 
“Oh crap, don't tell me you found my stash of Play Girls”
 
 
“Will you stop being stupid, it's the school magazine” Neji said showing her the cover. “Jeez Neji, you no fun to mess with” Brit said before she flopped down on the couch beside him. She took the magazine from him and flipped through the pages until she came to the team score pages. She smiled when she saw the score from her last Kendo match. Next to music and her friends Kendo was the most important thing to her. “Shit, how much stuff did you buy?” Neji asked. He was standing over her bags looking in each one. “It's just some presents for everyone” she stated standing up “Sweat shirts for Katie, books of music for Hinata, jewelry for Temari, plants for Sakura, more make up for Ino and crap for Tenten to make her fireworks. But anyway, you got any plans for tonight? Ya know tomorrow's Christmas.” She gathered up her bags and settled them in the corner.
 
 
“No, what is there to do? I mean, I can't think of anything” Neji replied returning to the couch and his magazine. “There's plenty do, you just don't know where to look Neji” Brit said before wrapping her arms around Neji's neck. She'd been doing it a lot lately and Neji really didn't pay to much attention to her until now. `Damn it Neji! Get a hold of yourself before something else happens' he mentally shook himself. By now Brit had reached over his shoulder and was turning pages. “See” she pointed to an ad in the back of the book. At this moment he really wished she hadn't because when she moved forward she had inadvertently pressed her breast into the back of his neck and given his peripheral vision a very exciting glace. `I really hope that lace is part of her shirt'.
 
 
Neji shook himself again and tried to concentrate on the page in the book. It was an advertisement for the Konoha Bar, the school's private student lounge. The Konoha Bar was an average sized building with a few tables, arm chairs, a fireplace, couches, a stage and a small bar that served non-alcoholic drinks. “So you're going to this party tonight?”
 
 
“No, we are”
 
 
“Huh?”
 
 
“It's no fun going to a party by myself. Besides I'd feel bad leaving you here by yourself.”
 
 
“Don't, I'm not exactly a social person”
 
 
“Come on Neji-kun please! You used to come with me all the time when we were in middle school”
 
 
“You're a big girl now you can take care of yourself”
 
 
“Fine, be that way,” Brit said stalking over to the armchair and setting down in a huff “Now I got to deal with that bastard Kabuto by myself”
 
 
“What's Kabuto got to do with anything?” Neji knew the mysterious bar keeper mainly in passing. He was a year older than he was but he worked at the bar part time to help pay for his college tuition.
 
 
 
“Oh nothing… He just flirts with me sometimes, well… most of the time,” Brit said, innocently, taking into consideration the indifferent look on Neji's face, which caused her to frown. “Actually, he flats out asks me out! It's kinda annoying… I'm kinda worried that he'll eventually snap and do something to me that… isn't exactly legal…”
 
 
Neji turned his back to Brit, still having the same indifferent look on his face. He snorted, and the muttered something that Brit didn't hear. “What? What did you say?” she asked.
 
“… I said I'd come with you,” Neji grumbled, turning to face her again.
 
“SCORE!” Brit cheered in thought with a smile on her face.
 
“That smile…” Neji thought, showing his own little smile. “The way she used to smile at me…”
 
“Be ready on time, Neji!” Brit said, and the dashed out of the room and up the stairs to change.
 
 
Several hours later once the sun had set Brit re-emerged from her room wearing a black, very low cut, Goth Lolita styled shirt with a matching cloth lace frilly collar around her neck along with her favorite pair of black boot cut jeans with a blood red dragon weaving its way up her left leg, bottomed off with her black six inch heel boots. Brit smiled when she saw herself in the hall mirror, she really did clean up good. She walked across the hall and banged on Neji's door. “Come on Neji! Let's go before it starts snowing again, by the way it's your turn to shove the snow off the sidewalk”
 
 
 
“Yeah I know, but what's the point? It's just gonna pile up again.” Neji appeared in his doorway, wearing a black turtle neck, his traditional bandanna, regular jeans and a pair of clean black sneakers. “I thought you said this was a casual party” Neji stated looking her up and down. She looked awfully dressed up to just be going to a bar. “What are you talking about? This is the kind of thing I normally wear” and it was true. Brit was known for her love of black and her obsession with G-LOL {Goth Lolita} style. They headed downstairs and threw on their jackets, a dark blue school jacket for Neji and a long black trench for Brit. The walked together chit-chatting about random things, until they finally came to the averaged sized building painted in the Konoha High colors, a deep leafy shade of green with silver trim. They walked through the door, took off their shoes and coats before entering the large room. Almost instantly Neji was called over to sit at a table with some of his friends as Brit made a bee line for the bar, seriously wanting something to drink.
 
 
“Well, if it isn't my favorite celebrity. What'll it be?” the spectacled bar tender said approaching her. “Real funny Kabuto, the usual iced tea” Brit replied hopping up on a bar stool and crossing her arms on the counter. Kabuto smirked and handed her a glass.
 
 
“So how's the music business treating ya?”
 
 
“Fine”
 
 
“Still bringing in number one hit singles?”
 
 
“Yup”
 
 
“Still think you're too good for anyone?”
 
 
“No”
 
 
“Then go out with me”
 
“Hell no”
 
“Come on Brit! Why not?”
 
 
“Listen Kabuto, you know I like Neji. So just give it a rest `kay?”
 
 
Kabuto let out an `hmp' as he pulled another stool up behind the bar. “When are you going to give up on this school girl crush? You've like him for what, 3, 4 years now?”
 
 
“5 and a half.”
 
 
“Whatever, the point is it's not going any where. And now that you're famous the chances are even slimmer. When are you gonna wake up and smell the coffee.” The older boy asked. He reached forward and placed his hand over Brit, immediately having it slapped away. “Get a life Kabuto, I don't care what other people think, I like Neji and I don't like you, that's all there is to it.” Brit spun around in her seat and sipped her iced tea as she watched Neji conversing with his friends. Kabuto followed her gaze right to his dark haired rival. “You're going to need a miracle if you ever want to date him.”
 
 
“Yeah, maybe your right” Brit said as she slid off her stool and headed for the karaoke stage. She hopped right up on stage and pulled out the microphone as she choose her song. She shut her eyes as she found her center and just let the music set her on fire:
 
 
Boy meets girl
You were my dream,my world
But I was blind
You cheated on me from behind
So, on my own, I feel so all alone
Though I know, it's true,
I'm still in love with you!

I need a miracle, I wanna be your girl
Give me a chance to see, that you are made for me!
I need a miracle, please let me be your girl,
One day you'll see, it can happen to me!
I need a miracle,I wanna be your girl
Give me a chance to see, that you are made for me!
I need a miracle, please let me be your girl!
One day you'll see,It can happen to me,
(Can happen to me!)



(Miracle)- echo



Day and night,
I'm always by your side
Cause I know for sure,
My love is real, my feelings pure,
So take a try, no need to ask me why!
Cause I know, it's true,
I'm still in love with you!


I need a miracle, I wanna be your girl
Give me a chance to see, that you are made for me!
I need a miracle, please let me be your girl,
One day you'll see, it can happen to me!
I need a miracle,I wanna be your girl
Give me a chance to see, that you are made for me!
I need a miracle, please let me be your girl!
One day you'll see,It can happen to me, It can happen to me!



(Miracle) - echo



(Miracle)-echo
 
 
 
 
 
Neji watched Brit sashay off the stage. “Hey Neji,” on of his friends Shizune asked. She worked at the school as the assistant principle to Tsunade-san; even though she was several years older then most of the student, she always seemed to know all the gossip and worse yet she believed most of it. “What is it Shizune-san?” Neji asked. “Is it true you and Brit-chan are going out?” Shizune asked leaning over the table with an inquisitive look.
 
 
“What!? Of course not, where the hell did you get that crazy idea?” Neji replied taken aback. He had about a snowball's chance in hell of ever dating the Kunoichi lead singer. He could believe other people actually thought he could make it with her. “Well, you guys do spend a lot of time with each other and not to mention you've known each other for years. So, I guess it just seems natural that you two would be dating” Shizune stated. Neji pondered this for a moment. Did he and Brit really seem like a couple? He had always seen himself and Brit as different as day and night. He was quiet, conservative, and not very social. Brit on the other hand was wild, loud and a social butterfly. Thinking about it made his head hurt. It was crazy; no way on earth or in heaven or hell would he ever be anything more than a friend to Brit. That was a fact that he would just have to fa-
 
 
*CRASH*
 
 
Suddenly interrupted by the sound of glass breaking; Neji spun around in his chair to see Brit standing at the bar with a smug looking Kabuto pulled half way over the counter. “Wanna say that a little louder you damn bastard” Brit yelled jacking Kabuto a little further up. Two people came running a managed to break Brit's death grip on Kabuto's shirt. One held her back as the other checked on Kabuto. “I'm fine” Kabuto said locking his gaze with Brit. “Just proving a point.” Brit gave the bar tender on final glare before jerking loose from her restrainer and heading for the door in a hurry. Neji watched her go and quickly stood up to follow her. By the time, he got to the door she was already half way down the sidewalk.
 
 
“Brit, wait up will ya” He called as he hopped into his shoes and ran after her. When he finally caught up to her he grabbed her shoulder and spun her around. “What the hell was that all about?” Neji asked holding her by her shoulders. Brit was breathing heavy and her eyes were cast down to the side, she had also crossed her arms over her chest. “Well? Are you going to give me an answer or not?” Neji asked again a little more forcefully.
 
 
“Since when the hell did you become my dad?!” Brit snapped. She pulled her arms away and back up. Neji also backed up a few steps. He had seen Brit pissed off before but nothing like this. She was glaring daggers at him and her hands were balled into fists. “Come on Brit, I didn't mean it like that” he replied softly. He hoped that if he eased off if he could avoid a punch to the face... or worse. “I just wanted to know what's wrong. Come on you can tell me can't you?”
 
 
“And why the hell would you give a rat's ass?” Brit questioned. She was a new degree of pissed off. She did not want to talk to anyone, listen to anyone or even see anyone. She wanted to kick someone's ass, go home, and sleep for the rest of the Christmas break.
 
 
“Because I care about your dumbass!” Neji yelled out, finally getting pissed at her accusations. “We're friends, aren't we?! That's what I'm supposed to do! If you didn't want that of me, then you should have said so in the beginning! But since we are in this relationship, it's a little too late for me not to care about you! What's the matter with you, anyway?! When we came, you seemed happy! Now you're angry at the world! Just what the hell happened?! What did Kabuto say to you?!”
 
 
Brit blinked a bit; she was not expecting such an outburst from Neji. Neji was usually the quiet one. Someone that didn't care for yelling, or raising their voice just to prove a point; Neji was not that type of guy. Brit blinked a final time, slowly taking in what the boy had said to her. Neji was panting lightly; he wasn't used to yelling so much. He finally calmed down, and stared at Brit expectedly. Hopefully something he had said had gotten through her thick skull.
 
 
Brit opened her mouth to speak; Neji leaned in unconsciously to hear what she was going to say. “Neji… Did you just call me a dumbass?” she asked, curiously. Neji almost yell in shock at her question. All he had said, and that's all she was…? All she heard was dumbass?!
 
 
“Be serious!” Neji had to hold himself back from yelling again. “What did Kabuto say to you that made you angry?”
 
“… It's nothing, okay! Just forget about it!” Brit exclaimed.
 
 
“How the hell am I supposed to do that when every time I look at you, it looks as if you're going to punch me in the face?!” Neji asked, eyeing Brit's fist. Brit looked down at her hand to see that she was digging her nails into the palm of her hand. Her face turned slightly red in embarrassment. She slowly relaxed her hand.
 
 
“I… I wasn't going to hit you, baka…” Brit muttered as she stared at the snow covered ground.
 
 
“Could have fooled me,” Neji snorted. A frown appeared on Brit's face, but Neji chose to ignore it. “Now… Tell me what happened.” Neji wasn't questioning any longer, he was demanding for answers now.
 
 
 
“I don't want to talk about it,” Brit muttered, turning her head slightly, so she wouldn't have to look Neji in the eye.
 
 
“Brit…” Neji muttered, stepping towards the girl. He gently grabbed her shoulder and made her look at him.
 
 
“Neji…” she replied in the same tone he'd used. The two unconsciously leaned forward. `He is… going to…?' Brit absentmindedly thought as Neji's face only seemed to get closer. Closer and closer, their faces drew together. Brit slowly closed her eyes, awaiting the long awaited event of the century… in her mind, at least.
 
 
SMACK
 
 
A snowball had struck Brit on the side of her face, causing Neji to rear back in surprise. He looked to see where that snowball had come from. What he saw were three younger kids, trying to hide behind a snow pile. `Of course…' he thought, narrowing his eyes. Brit was in a state of shock. Here she was, expecting something blissful, and all she got was a smack in the face… with a snowball. “Are you alright…” Neji never finished his sentence.
 
 
Seeing the snowball slowly glide down Brit shocked face was… too much for Neji to hold in. “Pfft…” he tried to hold it in anyway. He took his hand from Brit's shoulder and used it to cover his mouth. His actions only caused Brit's eye to twitch. Her reaction only caused Neji's laughter to slip through. First a snicker, and then full blown out laughter. Neji back up from Brit, laughing and holding his aching sides. “Y-Your f-f-face…!” he managed to get out, pointing a finger. Now, this was very unusual for Neji to be acting this way, so Brit decided not to kill him just yet.
 
 
“You know… it's not nice to point,” she muttered. Neji only laughed harder, seeing the snowball fall completely off her face. Brit also heard other laughter a little ways off; the laughter of children. “Konohamaru, you little punk!” Brit yelled in fake anger.
 
 
“Aw, come on, it was just a joke” The small brown haired boy said peaking out from behind the snow pile. He attended Konoha middle school, across from the high school and he was constantly coming over to play with Naruto. The sad part of it was it was sometimes hard to tell who was more childish, the kids or Naruto. “So where's the boss anyway?” Udon asked wiping his nose on his sleeve.
 
 
“He's in America.” Brit said. She was trying to get the cold sting off her face by rubbing it with her sleeve. “Well, when's he going to come back? He said he was going to play band with us,” Moegi asked also popping her head up as well. “And we wanted to have a snow ball fight too.”
 
 
Konoha stood up on top on the snow pile his fist raised “Man this sucks. When boss gets back I'm going to kick his as-“ SMACK!
 
 
“Now, now. Konohamaru, you're a little too young to be cussing just yet.” Brit said tossing another snowball up and down in her hand. “But, if you want a fight that bad I think I can supply you with one” She threw the snowball hard and hit Konohamaru square in the chest knocking him over backwards. “Hey! That's against the rules!” Moegi whined checking on Konohamaru.
 
 
“Alls fair in love and war! Right Neji?” Brit said smiling. “Come on, your gonna play to right?”
 
 
“You can't be serious”
 
“As serious as a heart attack”
 
 
“Aren't you a little old to be playing in the snow?”
 
 
“You're never too old to do anything. Except maybe be a stripper.” Brit replied dodging snowballs and throwing a few of her own. “Come on Neji. No one is going to see you. Just have some fun for once!"
 
"Too old to be a stripper...?" Neji thought. "Bad mental image!"
 
SMACK
 
Smacked in the face by a snowball! Neji frowned, and then formed a ball of snow in his hands. "Brit...!" he practically hissed. Brit was trying very hard not laugh out loud.
 
"That's why you g-get for thinking about old s-s-str-strippers!" Brit exclaimed, pointing a finger. Neji threw his snowball, but Brit knew it was coming, so she ducked. Neji only gathered up more snowballs and began to throw them rapidly at the girl.
 
Brit finally gave up with dodging, and decided to run away. "N-Neji, we're supposed to be attacking the little kids, not me!" she yelled over her shoulder.
 
"GET HER!" Konohamaru shouted, pelting snowballs at the running girl. His two friends did the same.
 
"No!" Brit shouted, running back towards the way she came, which happened to be where Neji was. The Hyuga stopped throwing snowballs when he realized she was coming back to him. Brit tackled Neji to the ground, narrowing dodging the four snowballs that were aimed for her back. "Well, that was close..." she muttered, rolling off a stunned looking Neji.
 
She ignored the look that Neji was showing, and began forming above average-sized snowballs. "Those brats are gonna pay!" she said. "Don't just lay there, Neji! Help me!"
 
"But..." the teen began.
 
 
“Come on Neji. Don't tell me you don't know how to make a snowball! Just pick up some snow…like this…” she said, slowly picking up more snow, and slowly shaping it into a ball, moving very slow in mock seriousness.
 
“Yeah, yeah, alright…” he replied, sighing slightly as he made and threw a snowball at the group of kids, making them scatter. They proceeded to have a full out snowball fight, complete ending of each of the kids getting snow shoved down their shirts by the older members. “Let out enough anger yet?” Neji asked Brit, smiling at her, feeling sorry he had laughed earlier.
 
“Not yet at least…” she replied, smiling just before hitting him point blank with a pile of snow.
 
“Ok…I deserved that, but mind telling me what's wrong at least?” he asked her as he whipped the snow from his face.
 
“Later? Ok?” she said softly.
 
“Yeah, ok…” he replied to her, taking her hand and leading her back to where they lived. Kicking some snow, he Neji was thinking of how Shizune had spoken of them going out, getting things straight in his own mind at least. One minute he thought about it, they were completely different and would never seem to be able to go out, and then next prefect for each other. As he though of this, Brit was pondering over what was said to make her as mad as she was previously. Making her mind up, she turned to him to tell him why she was made just as they reached the house. His concentration on the door for a moment he walked in, holding the door for her. “So…This later?” he asked, hoping he would not be asking to soon.
 
“Yeah, but in the living room…” she said softly to him, already walking up the stairs with him at her heels. As she entered the house, she grabbed a soda, shed her extra clothing and sat on the couch sighing softly. He followed her to the couch, sitting next to her, and in his mind having much trouble thinking if he should sit close to her or not, he decided against being cold towards her and sat next to her putting his arm around her lightly. Brit sighed again, before beginning her story:
 
 
“After I started high school I kindda felt lost and I was under a ton of stress. We had just started the band and I was over whelmed by all the new responsibilities, plus trying to balance class, friends, Kendo and all the other shit I was doing I just felt drained all the time. I started feeling depressed and I kindda had some...issues. I started avoiding a lot of people and so I spent a lot of time in the bar. Kabuto was working there and he listened to me when I would complain. I told him things I did not tell anyone less. It was as if I was desperate for someone to focus on me. I guess I wanted someone to care about me instead of me caring about everyone else. Kabuto was my confidant for a long time.” Brit paused for a deep breath.
 
 
“But everything changed when I asked him out. He knew I liked someone else so I don't know why he was surprised when I turned him down. He got really pissy and he's been like that ever since. Every chance he gets he asks me out and it's just gotten worse lately. He's taken to saying dumbass shit.”
 
 
“Like what?” Neji asked transfixed. He had never known any of this. He was supposed to care about Brit and yet he knew jack shit about her.
 
 
“Things like, `you depend on him too much. I bet that if he dumped you, you'd lose it. You'd be lost if you didn't have your precious little crush. I bet even if you do get him he'll throw you aside like trash. Then what'll you do? There's nothing you can do after that is there? I bet you'd just kill yourself in agony. How about I go and tell your beloved little boyfriend that you love him? I'm going to enjoy seeing you get your heart torn to shreds. Now that I think about it ... You're pathetic. You worship the ground he walks on and all he ever does is ignore you. I'm going to laugh my ass off when he rejects you just like you reject me. I'm going to make you beg me to date you. It'll be worth it just to be able to tell you `no'”
 
 
 
“You're kidding me! He claims to like you and he says shit like that!?” Neji exclaimed standing up. “Don't listen to that prick Brit. You're too good for him anyway!”
 
 
Brit smiled sadly at him “Yeah, I'm glad you think so.”
 
 
“What? Don't you?”
 
 
“I don't know. I've never gone out with anyone. So apparently I'm not good enough for anyone.”
 
 
`Hang on a sec....never gone out with anyone?' Neji thought to himself sitting back down. “But I thought you had a boyfriend right now?”
 
 
“Huh? Who the hell would I be going out with?”
 
 
“I heard it was one of Temari's brothers.”
 
 
Brit tried to keep herself from laughing but failed miserably. “You're kidding me right? Oh my God, I'll be glad when you meet her brothers.” She laughed out. Neji looked at her slightly dumbstruck. The only reason he hadn't really made a real move is the fear of being rejected. The fear was still there, but it was already beginning to diminish.
 
 
“So you're not going out with anyone?”
 
 
“Nope, single as single can get”
 
 
Neji smiled, put, arm around Brit's shoulder, and pulled her next to him. Brit slowly stopped laughing and wiped the tears from her eyes. She then rested her head against Neji's shoulder while he flipped on the TV. It was getting pretty late so there wasn't much on. Eventually they found a late night talk show and settled in to watch for a while. Brit let out a sigh of contentment. It felt good to lie against Neji. He was so warm and comfortable. She felt safe leaning against his hard frame with his strong arm around her shoulder. Slowly, between the boring commentary and her relaxed state, Brit feel asleep cuddled next to Neji.
 
 
Neji looked down to see his golden haired crush sleeping peacefully. He smiled softly before he flicked off the TV and settled himself with his head resting on top of Brit's. He took one last look at the clock and noted that it was officially Christmas Day. He placed a gentle kiss on top of her golden hair as he whispered “Marry Christmas my little hell raiser”
 
 
 
A/N: Sorry for the delay. I've been having issues writing lately. Please read and review please!