Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Kunoichi Revolution ❯ Tragity Strikes Two Hearts ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kunoichi Revolution
Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto or any of the characters from the series. I also don’t own the song “I Got a Feelin’” by Billy Currington.

A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks for the reviews! I hope you enjoy!


“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN SHE’S GONE!?” Kitty yelled. She had just joined the other house members at the kitchen table where the discussion of Brit’s departure was taking place.

“She just left a note and that’s it. Maybe someone should call her” Ino said. She was stirring her coffee absently. It was weird for Brit to take off without telling anyone. “Well someone needs to try and call her!” Kitty yelled. She pulled out her cell phone and began dialing.

“Don’t bother...” Neji said, stumbling into the kitchen. He hadn’t slept at all since Brit left.

"N-Neji...!" Kiba started, taking in Neji's appearance. His clothes were ruffled, his hair in disarray, not to mention the dark semi rings under his eyes. This state was something that his friends never seen him in.

"Are you feeling alright?" Naruto asked. "Cuz you look like shit!" Neji gave a bitter smile, while Sasuke hit Naruto over the head.

"Baka! Can't you see that he misses her?!" Ino shouted; Naruto cowered behind Hinata. "How would you feel if Hinata just up and left?!" Naruto narrowed his eyes at the angry teen, and then wrapped his arms possessively around Hinata's waist.

"There's no way I would--could let Hinata-chan go off all willy nilly!" he declared, causing Hinata to blush; Naruto then stuck his tongue out at Ino.

"That's not the point, baka!" Sakura joined in. "What would you do if Hinata left?! You'd probably be the same way!"

"No... Ino, Sakura..." Neji said, causing all eyes to fall on him. "Like I said before... Don't bother."

"Neji...! Why haven't you gone after her yet?!" Kitty asked, glaring at him. "She is your girlfriend, right?"

"Iie... not anymore," he answered, bowing his head slightly; his friends' eyes widen. "It's my fault she left... I wouldn't even allow her to explain. I told her some hateful things."

"Nani...?" Hinata asked in a soft voice. "What did you tell her?"

"I told her she could fuck Kabuto as much as she wants, but stay the hell away from me," Neji said, feeling even more ashamed. The members of Kunoichi Power all had shocked looks, while the members of Ninja Revolution mouths were dropped. Neither group could believe what had just came out of Neji's mouth. "I thought she was cheating on me with him, so I grew angry with her..."

SMAACK

If Neji did see the hand come flying at him, he made no move to dodge it. The teen stumbled quite a bit before regaining his composure, and turning towards his attacker. "What the... fuck is wrong with you?!" she yelled, glaring at the pale-eyed teen. "Brit... cheating...?! On your ass?! DO YOU FUCKING KNOW HOW WRONG THAT SOUNDS?!"

"Kitty..." Sasuke placed a hand on his girlfriend's shoulder, but that did little to calm her down. Her face was red in anger. “YOUR A FUCKING IDIOT! BRIT WOULD DIE BEFORE SHE HURT SOMEONE LIKE THAT! OMG! IF SHE GOES BACK TO THE WAY SHE WAS BECAUSE OF YOU SO HELP ME.... I’LL.....I’LL.....OMG I’M SO PISSED I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’LL DO!” Kitty jumped on Neji and began punching him in his face and chest. Neji just stared at her with empty eyes. It didn’t matter how much she hit him or cussed at him, nothing could hurt him at this point, he was dead inside.


“Damn it Catherine that’s enough!” Sasuke yelled pulling his girlfriend off of Neji. “LET ME GO DAMN IT!” Kitty yelled. She jerked her arms away and would have pounced on the Hyuuga boy again if Temari hadn’t rushed in to assits Sasuke. “Kitty chill. Beating Neji to a pulp won’t help anyone. Besides, you know how Brit is, Neji proably just didn’t know”


Kitty stopped fighting and clenched her fists to her side. “Whatever”. She shurgged Sasuke and Temari off and headed up to her room. The kitchen was dead silent. Sasuke let out a sigh and flopped down in a chair. He propped his elbow on the table, running his pale fingers through his messy raven hair. Life with Kitty hadn’t been a walk in the park and latly, he’d been having second thoughts. The onyx-eyed guitarist shook his head of such thoughts. He’d handle Kitty later, for know Neji was going to need him. Sasuke looked over at one of his best friends. He hadn’t moved from the spot Kitty left him. He had to admit, Naruto had summed it up pretty well when he said Neji looked like shit. He looked so lost, like things weren’t real.


“Okay, what’s done is done and there’s no taking it back” Sasuke said breaking the silence. He stood up and offered a hand to Neji. Empty eyes stared at pale skin before Neji took the offered appendage and was hauled to his feet by Sasuke. “So are you sure you can’t get ahold of her?”


“Yeah, all numbers are blocked.” Neji replied. Sasuke let out another sigh. “Alright, for now go upstairs and get some sleep man. She’s proably just wants to be left alone to think. I’m sure she’ll unlock her phone in a couple hours.” The long haired boy nodded his head weakly and headed up the stairs. Sleep was easier said than done. Thoughts of the shock on Brit’s face kept flashing through his mind. He had never seen her like that. Brit was always happy and engergetic. Always smiling and laughing. She made him feel like the world wasn’t dark and terrifing. She made him want to live, if nothing else to see her smile.


As Neji reached his room he paused to stare at Brit’s tightly closed door. Without thinking, the Hyuuga boy crossed the hall and entered her room. Everything was exactly the same as the day before, except that the dresser drawers were all pulled out and had random items of clothing hanging over the edge. Neji placed the clothes back into their proper place and closed the drawers. He then sat down on her bed. Images of Brit asleep on his arm flew across his eyes making him smile fondly at the pillow that had once been covered with long threads of soft gold. He reclined back onto the pillow and hugged the other to his chest. Neji buried his face in the feathery softness and inhaled deeply. Roses. That was the scent he had always associated with Brit. A beautiful flower full of thorns just like her. He inhaled again before opening his eyes. ‘What that?” he asked himself reaching for a small black book that had once been hidden by the pillow. Neji sat up slightly, opening the book. Pale eyes scanned the page and realized it was Brit’s diary. ‘I really shouldn’t read this, but maybe it’ll help me. I need to know what she really feels.’


Neji flipped through the pages slowly, pausing every now and then to read an entry. Slowly he realized that Brit had loved him as long as he had loved her, proably even longer. He kept reading until he came to the entry from a few days before.


‘Dear Diary,
Tomorrow’s my birthday and knowing Kitty and the other they have something crazy and stupid planned. I usually hate my brithday but this year it feels different cause I know my Neji-kun will be there to make me feel better. Heh, it still feels werid writing that, my Neji-kun. I haven’t felt like this for a long time. Back before Mama and Papa died was the last time I felt this happy. Maybe I love Neji? I know I’ll never admit it to anyone else other than myself but I’m kind of afraid to love someone again. I keep thinking that one day Neji’s just going to leave and never come back and I have nightmares like that sometimes to. But I know it’s not true. Neji won’t hurt me. I don’t know how I know it but I just feel really safe when I’m with Neji. Lol, it kind of feels like we’re back in middle school again when Neji was my gaurdian. I wonder if he knew how much he ment to me? And how much he still means to me. Its like Neji fills that void. Like I’m not all by myself anymore. I know the Kunoichi girls will always have my back and they’ve given me a kind of love I’ll never get from anyone else, but the love Neji has is different. I love him so much. Yeah, I said it. I love him. I know I hate that word. I know I’ve always said love is just and illusion, but thats fine by me. Being with Neji is like being in a dream. But if his love is an illusion or a dream, I don’t want to wake up. I love my Neji-kun so much.’



Neji stopped reading and let the book fall from his hands. He wiped the tears from his eyes. That why she never said ‘I love you’ she was afraid of being hurt. He took a deep breath and countinued reading


‘I guess that’s all there is to report. But I’ve been working on a new song, I don’t think its that great, just something I wrote during study hall. I don’t think you need to be a rocket scinentist to know who I was thinking of when I wrote this.


I don't wanna rush this thingI don't wanna jump the gunI really wanna say those three little wordsBut I'm gonna bite my tongueYeah, I'm just gonna lay on backLeave it on cruise controlI'm gonna hold it all insideTill the right time comes down the roadChorus:I got a feelin'My head's a reelin'My heart is screamin'I'm about to bust looseBottled up emotionIt's more than a notionIt starts with an "I"And ends with a "U"I got a feelin'Are you feelin' it tooI guess I've all but said it nowSo much for hopin' you'd go firstDon't leave me hangin' out here on a lineBaby, it's your turnSay you couldn't sleep last nightSwore that you could feel me breatheHad you wantin' me there by your sideYeah, baby I know what you meanSecond Chorus:I got a feelin'My heads a reelin'My heart is screamin'I'm about to bust looseBottled up emotionIt's more than a notionIt starts with an "I"And ends with a "U"I get a feelin'You're feelin' it tooBottle up emotionIt's more than a notionIt starts with an "I"And ends with a "U"I got a feelin'You're feelin' it tooYou're feelin' it tooYeah, you're feelin' it tooFeelin' it tooOh, Yeah


Well I am done writing for now, and I hear someone knocking on my door. See you tomorrow diary!’


Neji closed the book and set in on the bedside table. With a sigh, he rolled over and hugged the pillow again. “She did love me. She loved me. She loved
me,” he whimpered incoherently. She had loved him and he had thrown her away. She had loved him and he had yelled at her. He should have held her tight and kept her safe. He should have told her how much he loved her. But no, he yelled at her. He accused her of being a cheating whore. He was never going to get her back. Never. Neji cried and slammed his fist into the bed until he finally fell to sleep. However, even in his dreams the memories of his lost love haunted him.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Several hours later, Neji awoke. His head was throbbing and his eyes were sore. He shook the sleep from his head and stood up with a heavy sigh. He looked across the room and eyed the image reflecting from the mirror on the dresser. ‘So much for sleep helping my appearance.’ He thought. About the only improvement was that the dark circles had been replaced with red swelling. He stood up from his ex-girlfriend’s bed and headed for his own room. He changed into fresh clothes, black jeans and a white shirt left open at the top and brushed his hair before securing it at the end with a hair tie. After washing his face, he headed down to the kitchen to find Temari, Kankuro and Gaara sitting around the table with cups of hot tea. As he approached, he could hear the four gossiping.


“Honestly, Neji-kun didn’t seem like the kind of guy to be so harsh” Kankuro said.


“I know, he must not know anything a bout Brit-chan. She’s so sweet. There’s not way in hell she’d ever be a home wrecking cheater.” Gaara stated shaking his head in agreement with his brother.


“Well there isn’t a whole lot we can do right now I mean; Brit’s stubborn as a mule. She’s going to do what's she’s going to do and the only thing the rest of the world can do is hold on for the ride.” Temari said with a sigh. “I can’t really blame her. She’s had it bad for Neji since middle school and when she finally got him, everything was perfect. It was as if something had exploded inside of her. She was a better person with him, she cussed less, yelled less, her grades and music got better if that’s was even possible and even her kendo scores went up. It was like Neji brought out the best of everything in her and she was truly happy for the first time in a long time.”


“I know what you mean. Last time I saw Brit she seemed depressed. When was that? A couple months after you went pro right?” Kankuro said sipping his tea. “I mean, she was smiling and crap but it was like an honest smile. Like she was faking it. She was still cutting herself back then wasn’t she?”


“Eww, don’t remind me Kankuro” Gaara said squinting his eyes shut. “That was disgusting seeing all of those scars all over her arms and wrists.”


“What do you mean cut herself?” Neji asked busting into the kitchen.


“How long have you been standing there Hyuuga?” Temari question as color drained from her face slightly.


“Long enough. What do you mean cut herself?” He asked again.


Temari got very quiet and stared down at her cup. “Damn it Temari answer me!” Neji demanded taking a step towards her.


“Brit used to cut herself okay?” Temari yelled standing up to face him. She was about a head shorter than Neji but the way she held herself made her seem bigger than life. Neji faltered for a second but stood his ground. “And might I add that most of it was your fault! Brit was already insecure about everything then you had to go and add to her misery she couldn’t handle it! She felt like everyone hated her but she had to pretend to be fine so her fans would like her. The only release she had was cutting herself. She said that hurting physically helped her forget how much she was dying inside. Eventually Kitty found out and beat the crap out of Brit and made her promise never to do it again. Brit promised and she hasn’t done it since. She took up kendo so she could release her feelings.”



It was Neji’s turn to be silent. Did Brit really hurt so much she had resorted to cutting herself? He had had his fair share of trouble but never anything bad enough to harm himself. Neji took a deep breath and sank down into a chair. “Thank you for telling me Temari. Sorry I yelled.” He said calmly and quietly. Temari gave him a look of sympathy before returning to her seat as well. She could see in his eyes that he really missed Brit.


“Here Neji-kun, drink this honey” Kankuro said handing him a cup of tea smiling. Neji gave him a wary sideways glance and nearly gagged when he saw what he was wearing. The brown haired boy was wearing a white tank top with a pair of black leather pants so tight it had to be illegal along with the same purple glitter from yesterday. He also noticed Gaara’s change of clothing; tight black jeans and a pink shirt with little panda’s dancing around the bottom hem and a thick layer of eyeliner. ‘Oh Kami’ Neji thought focusing on his tea. ‘I’m starting to understand why Temari never mentioned she had brothers.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Sasuke sat on the front porch swinging back and forth lazily on the front porch swing. He had been sitting out in the cold for more than an hour but somehow he barely noticed the numbness of his extremities. The only thought floating through his mind was of Kitty.


He didn’t understand his feelings for her anymore. For the first few weeks, it had been amazing. He felt so at peace and relaxed around her, but now, only a month later, being with Kitty was like wrestling a tiger. She was always so loud and bitchy now a day. Not the cuddly, childish and fun loving girl he had fallen in love with so many years ago. He let out a sigh as he heard the front door open.


“Hey Sasuke-kun, what’re you doing sitting out here in the cold?” Kitty asked smiling. She stood in front of Sasuke a folded blanket in her hands. Sasuke gave her a halfhearted smiled and opened one of his crossed arms to her. Kitty returned his smiled before settling herself against him, the blanket covering both other them. The rocked quietly in the silence for several moments as Sasuke ran his hand through her hair repeatedly.


Finally, Sasuke broke the silence. “Kitty, we need to talk”


“About what Sasuke-kun” the brown haired girl asked raising her head to look at him.

Sasuke faltered for a moment when he saw those deep endless brown eyes staring back at him. They were so full of emotion and expression. The Uchiha boy took a deep breath before continuing.


“You know I love you right?”


“Of course, I love you too Sasuke-kun”


“Then promise you won’t hate me.”


“Why would I hate you?”


“Just promise you won’t.”


“Okay, I promise”


“I don’t think we should date anymore.”



A/N: Don’t hate me!