Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Memory; Sequel for 'To College!!' ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
everyone! The reviews are great! It’s nice to get reviews from some of the same people who read and commented on my other story! I hope this one comes out a lot better! R&R

----Memory----

---Chapter 3---
Asuka kept going until she ran into another ninja. “Excuse me.” She tried to get his attention.

“Hmm?” The young man turned around and looked at her lazily.

“Can you please tell me where the Hokage tower is? I’m new in town.” She gave a small smile.

“….Asuka?” He seemed to ignore her question.

She blushed and repeated herself. “Can you p-please tell me where the-”

“I haven’t seen you in five years… it’s nice to see you again.” He said with a calm yet gently voice. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“uh- please can you just answer my question?” She was trying to ignore HIS question now…

By now they were both starting to get frustrated. The man stared at her. “You first.”

She growled to herself. “Look, I don’t mean to sound rude but I don’t know who you are! Now if you can just give me directions I’ll be on my way…”

After registering what she had said, the man’s face contorted with slight anger and annoyance. “Don’t joke around! You’re not the person to forget so easily so cut the stupid joke!” It was obvious they both had a short fuse.

“Joke? I’m not joking! I have no idea who the hell you are! I’ll just go ask someone else!” She kicked her heels to make the horse start moving off but the man grabbed the horse by it’s reins.

“Don’t just walk away! You’re not just going to pretend you don’t know me and walk off!” He said angrily.

She was about to retaliate when another young man grabbed the other’s wrist. “Sasuke! Knock it off! She doesn’t remember you!”

“Shut the hell up Naruto! You know as well as I do she’s lying!” He let go of her reins and was focusing on the man in front of him.

“Come find me later and I’ll explain, but right now just leave!”

Sasuke scrunched his face up in disgust, knowing he had to do what he said… he WAS Hokage. “Fine…” He turned quickly and grumpily stomped off in the other direction, shoving his hands in his pockets.

“Now, if you’ll come with me…” Naruto reached to grab her reins and lead her off when the horse was made to jolt away from his approaching hand. He looked up at her expectantly.

“Hold it! Now who are you?!” She grasped the reins firmly, showing she wasn’t going to fall to orders very easily.

“Just calm down. I’m the Hokage… you’re looking for me aren’t you?” He crossed his arms. Over the years he had become insanely patient… although it wasn’t easy.

She blushed in embarrassment and looked at the ground with a pout on her face. She got off her horse and held it’s reins. She nodded and Naruto began walking in the direction of the Hokage tower. She reluctantly followed.

----

After Naruto registered her into the village files as a full fledged citizen. “So did you want to register as a ninja?”

Asuka thought about it for a moment. “Yes, I would like very much to be a ninja.” She nodded.

Naruto pulled out a couple sheets of paper from his desk and handed them to her. “You are going to have to take the standard test to see if you know enough to become a ninja then I’ll ask you to perform some basic jutsu and depending on how well you complete it all I will decide whether you need to learn a little more of if you can have your forehead protector. It‘s a fairly quick test so as soon as you finish, I‘ll escort you to the hospital to get those wounds checked out.” She nodded and took the papers. Naruto handed her a pencil. “You can sit over there if you like.” He pointed to a small chair in the corner of the room.

She nodded, took the pencil, and went and sat down. She began filling out the questions. Suddenly the door swung open and two people stepped in the room. “Yo!” Miharu said happily poking her head in and waving. Cronic peeked in behind her.

“Well it’s about time you two showed up. I was actually about to ask your sister where you were.” Naruto chuckled with a big grin on his face. Miharu glared at him.

“I can take care of myself you know.” She snapped.

Naruto chuckled. “Asuka’s over there.” He pointed to the girl sitting in the corner staring on as if they all had five heads. “I’m assuming you’re going to want to be a registered ninja as well?” He asked staring at Miharu.

“Well duh!” She said walking over to him.

Naruto held out a copy of the test and told her the same thing he told Asuka. “There’s a seat over there.” He said, pointing to the corner farthest away from Asuka so as to give them space remembering how they got along on the plane ride five years ago.

Miharu took the papers and turned to look at Asuka. “So how’d everything go… getting here I mean?”

“Humph.” She huffed at her with a glare and looked back at her test, ignoring the question.

“Whoa, what crawled up your ass and died?” Miharu glared right back. Naruto stood up and directed Miharu towards the chair on the other side of the room.

She said down grumpily and proceeded to work on her test. Suddenly some ANBU class Ninja busted through the door of his office. “HOKAGE-SAMA! HOKAGE-SAMA!”

“I don’t think the CAPS LOCK was necessary!! I’m standing RIGHT HERE!!!!!” Naruto shouted back. Well I don’t think you would be in a happy Mr. Sunshine mood if someone just screamed as loud as they could in your ear…

“My apologies sir, but we have just retrieved important information on Orochimaru’s whereabouts!” Suddenly everyone’s ears turned into high powered sonar- capable of picking up even the smallest of sounds. Everyone except Asuka. (She can’t remember anything… doesn’t remember who Orochimaru is…)

“What?! Repot!” Naruto said seriously.

“It seems as though Orochimaru has been staying back at the old college you went to five years ago. He’s been terrorizing the students there and police hadn’t been able to find anything out.” The ANBU reported proudly.

“…So we have to go back?” Naruto asked reluctantly. He didn’t like it there… it was too weird… too different…

“It would seem so.” The ANBU nodded.

Naruto looked at the ground and thought. He flashed back to the incidents that caused them to come back in the first place. After a few moments he glared at the floor then suddenly shot his head back up. He pointed to one of the ANBU. “Get me eleven ANBU outfits and masks in here ASAP!” He turned to the other one. “You! Arrange the flights and get a van outside! Move!” The ANBU Black ops nodded and disappeared into a cloud of smoke. “Asuka! Miharu!”

Both girls shot their heads up at him in a slightly timid motion. “Do you two know how to fight?”

Suddenly they got over whatever they were mad at each other for and smiled at each other evilly. They stood up and at the same time said. “Heeeeeeeeellll YEAH!” Naruto smirked and tossed them each a Konoha leaf ninja headband.

“Have a party, you’re coming on this mission with us.” They pumped their fists in the air.

“DOUBLE YEAH!!” They cheered and tied on the headbands. Asuka tied hers around her neck while Miharu tied hers around her waist. They high-fived each other.

“You’ll take the test when we come back to be official but as of now you two are temporarily ANBU level. I already know you’re both strong but whether you can stay at that level or not will be determined after the mission.” Naruto explained while rummaging through his desk. “I need some ANBU in here stat!!” He shouted. nine more ANBU immediately burst through the doors of his office. “Ok! Bring me Hyuuga Neji, Hyuuga Hinata, Hyuuga Hiashi, Uchiha Sasuke, Sabuko Gaara, Inuzuka Kiba, Rock Lee, Aburame Shino, and Yamanaka Ino!” All the ANBU nodded and disappeared. Each went to fetch a different person.

Naruto was still rummaging through his desk only a little bit more frantic. “Where the hell did I put it?!”

Cronic walked up to him. “What are you looking for?” He asked seriously.

“An extra headband.”

“Why?”

“You need a headband don’t you?” Naruto stared at him blankly.

“You mean I’m going?”

“That’s what I said.”

“Ha-ha! Yes!” Cronic smiled and stepped back to let Naruto do his job. Then there was a knock on the door.

“COME IN!” Naruto shouted while he was halfway into a… really big drawer. (O.o)

Hiashi walked through the door. “You summoned me Hokage-sama?” He asked with no emotion.

Naruto tried to lift his head up but ended up smacking his head on his desk. He rubbed his head and continued around the edge of his desk. He glared at the offending item that was making his life extremely difficult at the moment. “Yes, I need you to fill in for me as Hokage for a little while.” He didn’t take his eyes off his desk. “I know I put it here somewhere…” He pulled out the drawer. He had no time to fool around dealing with his unorganized desk drawer. He started flinging papers out trying to find the elusive headband. He grabbed something. “Ah-HAH!” He pulled it out and his face turned green. He immediately plugged his nose. “Sandwich from two weeks ago…” He tossed it behind him and continued digging.

“Are you going somewhere?” Hiashi asked curiously. His stomach wasn’t agreeing with him after seeing that rotting lunch item.

“Yeah, I’m going on I mission but I don’t know how long I’ll be. Therefore I needed to have someone responsible fill in for me.” He said as he examined a bent magnifying glass. “Why exactly do I need this stuff anyways?” He tossed it behind him. Hiashi quickly ran after it and caught the bent item.

“This belonged to the first Hokage! You can’t just throw it away!” He said in bewilderment.

“So put it in storage. It’s not like I can use it.” Naruto shrugged and kept going.

“But not only is it an antique but it belonged to the first Hokage! Why would you be so eager to throw it away or put it in storage! It’s still useable!” Hiashi argued while holding the magnifying glass out to him.

Naruto took the magnifying glass and held it up in front of Hiashi’s face. “Oh, look! Not only is it bent in half but it has a crack going through the middle! Hey you have two heads and they’re all bent! Can you spell J.U.N.K.?!” Naruto said with false excitement.

“Can you spell A.S.S.W.H.O.L.E.?!” Hiashi replied with the same tone.

Naruto went to throw it away again when Hiashi intercepted it. “Hut! Hut! HIKE! Hurry run for a touchdown!” Naruto pretended to frantically point to the garbage can.

Hiashi glared at him and tossed the it back at Naruto, which he caught no problem. “Nice try.” He crossed his arms and waited to see what Naruto would do next. Suddenly Rock Lee burst through the doors with a very exhausted ANBU black op walking in slowly behind him.

“YOUTH!!!!” He shouted while pumping his fists into the air. “You now owe me 100 laps around Konoha for losing! HURRY! LET YOUTH GUIDE YOU!!” The ANBU glared and trudged off to complete his task. Naruto smirked and threw the magnifying glass at Lee.

“Lee! Catch!” Lee turned on his heels in the blink of an eye and skillfully caught the thrown object. He looked confused as to why he had to catch it.

“AWSOME! NOW HURRY!!! GET A TOUCHDOWN BEFORE THE YOUTH-HATER TRIES TO INTERCEPT YOU!!” Lee suddenly got very determined as he saw Naruto point to the garbage can encouragingly. “GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!”

“YOUTH!!!!” Lee darted for the trash bin when suddenly Hiashi (The ‘youth-hater’) tackled him five feet away from Lee’s destination. “Youth will overcome your futile efforts oh hater!!!” Lee put the magnifying glass in his mouth and desperately started crawling closer to the trash can while Hiashi clinged desperately to Lee’s lower body. Finally Lee got close enough and slam dunked the object into the garbage. “YOUTH!!!” Hiashi scrambled to the trash can and was wide-eyed when he saw a huge hole in the floor.

He picked up the garbage can and looked down the hole in the floor. “IT WENT THROUGH THE DAMN FLOOR!!!”

“LEE! HIGH-FIVE!!” Naruto held up his hand and Lee gladly gave him the high-five.

“I hope that was the best high of fives you’ve ever had! YOUTH!” Lee cheered.

“Good job!” Naruto cheered.

“BAD JOB!” Hiashi hissed.

Lee and Naruto looked at each other, then at Hiashi, then back at each other. “HATERRRR!!!!!!!!!!”

-END CHAPTER 3-

Ok I know it took me a long time to update but still, I think it came out pretty good! And yes it turned into crack at the end! I couldn’t help myself. I HAD to put something humorous in there or I was just going to die of boredom. Read and Review!!