Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Memory; Sequel for 'To College!!' ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
4--

Naruto ruffled more through his desk until he finally found what he was looking for. “Ah-HAH!” He pulled out the headband. “So much trouble for something that isn’t even that satisfying…” His mood towards finding the elusive item quickly changed as he realized how pointless all the drama was. While Hiashi bitched and moaned about how disrespectful he was acting and how he should quickly reconsider his actions just as fast as he changed his mood if not faster. “Here you go!” He tossed the headband toward Cronic and continued to ignore Hiashi. Then everyone else he had ordered in his office, arrived with the ANBU right behind them. Everyone looked at Naruto curiously. “Ok, it seems that there is information on the whereabouts of Orochimaru. Besides the ANBU black ops, everyone in this room will be coming with me on a mission to go after Orochimaru. Any questions so far?”

Sakura spoke up. “Yes, uh, who will be filling in for you as Hokage if you’re coming on the mission?”

“Hiashi Hyuuga will be Temporary Hokage while we’re gone.” Naruto said while more ANBU shuffled in with boxes. Neji and Hinata looked slightly surprised yet pleased with the news.

Hiashi crossed his arms and sulked as he realized that Naruto couldn’t care less about what he was saying about the magnifying glass. The utter disrespect annoyed him to no end but none-the-less he could do nothing but sit there. Suddenly another ANBU burst in through the doors and ran up to Naruto. HE stood in front of him and took a deep breath. “ALL THE FLIGHTS WITHIN A MONTH ARE BOOKED!!!!!! THERE’S NO WAY WE CAN GET ANY TICKETS WITHIN THE MONTH!!!!!”

“AND OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE THE ONE WITH A PROBLEM WITH THE VOLUME OF YOUR VOICE!” Naruto shouted right back while holding his ears. Being a Jinchuuriki gave him very sensitive ears and having someone scream at the top of their lungs, trying to tell him something when he was standing right in front of him, just pissed him off. He took a deep breath and registered what he was told. “Alright, so it seems the mission will have to be postponed. I’m not giving out all the details but you will most likely have to fight, so I suggest really training throughout this next month.”

“SO DOES THAT MEAN I SHOULD BOOK THE TICKETS FOR NEXT MONTH?!?!” The ANBU shouted.

Naruto glared. He picked up his chair menacingly but decided against throwing it at the last minute. He took a deep breath. “Yes… please buy those DAMN TICKETS!” HE screamed the last words of his sentence.

“Heh-heh-heh…” The ANBU nervously ran out of the office while everyone stared at him in surprise.

“Ok so everyone but Asuka, Miharu, and Cronic can leave. Please make sure you’re all prepared. I will let you know the exact date that me leave another day.”

“Asuka and Miharu?!” Sakura asked surprised. “They’re here?” She began looking around until her eyes finally fell on Miharu. Miharu stepped back next to Asuka.

“Here we go…” She said with annoyance in her voice.

Everyone turned around and started greeting them and asking how they’ve been and seeing if they remembered them. Miharu looked frantically for a place to leave the room. It was waaay too much attention then she wanted to deal with. She saw that the door to the office was open so she disappeared into a poof of smoke and reappeared in the doorway. She proceeded to run out of the room and down the hall. Asuka took a few steps back until her back hit the wall. “Uhh, I should get going?” She said while desperately trying to inch towards the other end of the room. She backed up into a closed window when they started following her. She opened the window and leaped out with ease. After landing on the ground she got on top of a roof and hid.

“Hey, where did she go?” Kiba asked looking around.

“I have no idea. I-I haven’t seen her in five years. It’s n-n-nice to see her. H-Hopefully we can catch up with her and her sister later.” Hinata said with a shy smile.

----

Naruto ran from roof top to roof top until he finally found Asuka. She had tears rolling down her eyes. “How? How do all these people know me when I’ve never met them in my damn life!!!” She screamed.

Naruto walked closer and put a hand on her shoulder. “You see, for the past five years, once a week, every week, your father had been erasing your memory. Therefore you don’t remember any of us. They don’t know that and so they think that you remember them. They are all your friends and care about you deeply, but thanks to your father they’ve been crushed to know that you can’t remember them even if you wanted to. It isn’t your fault.”

She reached up and wiped away her tears and stared down at the busy people walking from shop to shop. Suddenly a red head caught her eye and she recognized him from this morning. “That one… down there…” She pointed to him. “Who is he? He seemed extremely hurt when I said I had no clue who he was… a lot more hurt than I think he should‘ve been…”

Naruto looked at who she was pointing at. He almost started crying when he saw that it was Gaara. He looked back at her sadly. “He’s had a rough past… a very rough past in fact. He was betrayed and so broken that he thought he could never love. Then, five years ago, he met you…” Naruto smiled sadly as he thought back to the memories. “You turned his world and whole perspective upside down. You were the first person he ever fell in love with… and you were his first girlfriend. Then you were brought back to your home village and your father burnt all letters that were sent to you and repeatedly erased your memory. All he’s been thinking about for the last five years had been you, but when you told him you had no idea who he was… I can’t even imagine how that must’ve felt.” Naruto turned back to the young red-head. He was leaning against the side of the building looking lifelessly at the ground. “I’m not trying to play the blame game here but I think you should at least try to get to know him again… if I remember correctly you loved him as well.”

She began to cry more but she suddenly realized something and got very angry. “You! How do YOU know all this stuff?! If YOU knew all this then why didn’t you come for me and my sister?! WHY DIDN’T YOU HELP US?!” She screamed while glaring at Naruto. This caught the unwanted attention of the citizens below. Including the red-head. They all looked up in curiosity and watched.

Naruto noticed this and took a step back. Asuka either knew that she was drawing attention and was just ignoring it or she hadn’t noticed. “Calm down. I can explain but lets go somewhere private.” He tried to coax her into calming down.

“I DON’T GIVE A DAMN IF I’M CAUSING A WAR! I WANT TO KNOW WHY THE HELL YOU KNEW THIS BUT DIDN’T HELP US!!” She stomped her foot so hard and with so much chakra built into it just from her anger that she shook the building. She balled her fists and gritted her teeth as tears that she tried to hide started streaking down her cheeks. Everyone down below either hurried to a safe distance or just took a few steps back. Gaara of course stayed put and kept looking up at the events unfolding in front of him. He wasn’t sure if he should step in the middle or just let them be. He decided to wait a little while longer. She took a deep breath. “If you knew everything that was happening to us… and you care so damn much about us… then why didn’t you do something?” She almost whispered. She then began to sob uncontrollably. “Why…? … We were your friends then too, weren’t we?… You’re the hokage… aren’t you supposed to help the people you care about?” She looked at him helplessly as she just let the tears fall. Naruto was crushed. Not only did she make a very strong point… but she was right… why DIDN’T he help them…

---END CHAPTER 4---