Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Memory; Sequel for 'To College!!' ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
everyone! I know it’s been taking a long time in between updates but I’ve been sort of busy lately. I’m going to try my best to try and start updating earlier. Please keep reviewing! I LOVE reviews and even if it isn’t that good I just like to know what people think about it. =]

---Chapter 5---

Asuka glared at the guilty Naruto in front of her. “Well? What’s your answer?!” She growled impatiently.

“I-I-I… just… I… don’t know…” Naruto looked down in full fledged guilt and clenched his fists. All his life all he wanted to do was help and keep safe, the people he loved and yet he had failed to help two of his friends when he KNEW what was happening to them and he KNEW where they were… why hadn’t he helped them?

“Are you even listening to me?” She said quietly. Her voice dripped with sadness. She glared at the ground in front of her.

“Yes! Of course I am!” Naruto said frantically. “I just don’t know why I…” He looked down again.

She turned around to walk off when Naruto ran at her and put his hand on her shoulder, stopping her. She immediately shook it off and turned on her heals glaring at him. “Just leave me alone!” She slammed her eyes shut and disappeared in a poof of smoke.

Naruto fell to his knees and burried his face in his hands. ‘I could have prevented all this…’

Gaara looked up at him from where he was standing. After Asuka had left, everyone seemed to slowly move off doing whatever it was that they were doing before. Gaara put two fingers in front of his lips and closed his eyes. Sand swirled around him then he suddenly disappeared. He reappeared next to his best friend. He put a hand on his shoulder. “Naruto…”

“Why didn’t I help them? Any ideas why?… Because I don’t have any…” Naruto said while dropping his hands to his sides lifelessly.

“…” Gaara thought about it for a couple moments. “Well, you do have an entire village here you need to look after and take care of… I’m in the same position back in sand… kind of… but anyways I know for a fact it’s hard to help only a couple people so far away from the village when you have to try and keep your own village under control…” Gaara tried his best to console his friend.

Naruto stood and glared at the ground far below the roof of the building. His glare lightened as he observed the busy innocents going from shop to shop. “…” Suddenly his face turned into one of extreme sadness. “I don’t deserve to be Hokage…”

Gaara started getting angry. “You can’t save everyone…” His voice was becoming more irritated and stern.

“I couldn’t even save two of my-”

“YOU’RE NOT FUCKING SUPERMAN!!” Gaara shouted at him. He was tired of watching him mope over something that he can easily try and fix. “If you’re going to sit here and drown over the fact that you couldn’t help two of your friends while at the SAME TIME try and keep a WHOLE ENTIRE village together then fine! But let me tell you… this village needs a Hokage that is willing to take responsibility for something they’ve done wrong!! Not someone who will piss and moan about it until they’ve totally given up without even TRYING to do something!! YOU CAN’T HELP EVERYONE! YOU’RE ONLY HUMAN! Accept the fact that you made a mistake, talk to her, and get on with your life! It’s not the end of the world!”

“Hey! You try being in my shoes! This is more complicated than that!” Naruto shouted right back.

“DON’T BE NAÏVE! I’M THE KAZEKAGE OF SUNAGAKURE! I KNOW DAMN WELL WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!!” Gaara got right up in his face about it. He didn’t like arguing like this with his friend but right now all Naruto needed was a nice kick in the face to get him down to earth again.

“…” Naruto turned his head away and suddenly found a couple pebbles on the roof interesting.

“The Naruto I know wouldn’t give up that easily… he wouldn’t just back down… he’d try and fix a mistake he made…” He searched Naruto’s face for more emotion. “Let her cool down then gradually try and talk to her again…” Gaara turned and jumped off the building and walked away.

Naruto watched Gaara slowly walk down the street and throught about everything that Gaara had said. ‘-The Naruto I know wouldn’t give up that easily… he wouldn’t just back down…’ Naruto suddenly got very determined. ‘Gaara’s right. I can’t just give up like that! I’d never do that if I was in a battle! Why do it now?!’ He smiled. ‘Thanks buddy.’

---

Miharu had gotten a quick training session and was taught some secret moves that assassination ninjas use. She was in the middle of training when Sasuke came up to her, forcing her to stop practicing the moves because they were SECRET to all non-assassin nins… or non-assassin nins in training… like herself. “What do you want?” She asked irritated at the sudden halt of her training session.

Sasuke glared at her. He full-well realized that she didn’t want to talk to him at that moment. “What the hell is up with your sister? She acted as if she had absolutely no idea who I was!” He said angrily.

Miharu sighed, she didn’t feel like explaining it. “I don’t feel like explaining it to you go ask someone else like Naruto.” She tried to walk away but Sasuke appeared in her path and crossed his arms, glaring harder than ever. She sighed and glared right back. “Long story-short, for the past five years our dick-head father was erasing her memory and beating the pulp outa me. Now go away! I’m trying to train!” She said even more irritated.

Sasuke unfolded his arms and his glare lightened. “So she can’t remember anything from meeting us?” He questioned her with an unsure voice.

“Yes, didn’t I just say that? Jeez, I thought you were supposed to be smart…” She went to walk around him but he stopped her again.

He ignored the insult and questioned again. “Is she ever going to get her real memory back?” Miharu stayed silent. “Well?” He asked, more anxiously.

“… I don’t know.” Miharu said quietly. She decided to try and head to a different training ground instead of trying to get past this thick-headed oaf. She turned around and began walking away but yet again Sasuke got in her way. “UGH! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT?! I’M BUSY!” She tried to sidestep him but he moved in front of her every step she took. Finally she gave up. “What do you want to know?”

“Does she remember anyone besides you?” Sasuke asked completely ignoring her frustration.

“Not anyone she met back at the college five years ago. Only me and family members.” She crossed her arms. “Can I go now?”

“Yep.” Sasuke stood still.

Miharu went to walk around him but he got in her way yet again! “I thought you said I can go!!” She complained.

“You can… if you can get by me.” Sasuke said crossing his arms again with a smug look on his face. Miharu examined him up and down in a manner of 3 seconds before she decided on her course of action. In a split second she reeled her leg back and swung it as hard as she could at Sasuke, nailing him off guard. He grabbed his nuts and fell on his knees, tears almost coming out of his eyes. “YOU FUCKING BLINDSIDED ME!” He yelled at her.

She bent over and looked him square in the face with a smirk plastered on her smug face. “Well I got past you didn’t I?” She straightened back up and walked past him cockily.

“…bitch..” he whispered under his breath. Suddenly a rock hit him right in the back of the head. “OW! WHAT THE HELL?!” He turned around and stared at Miharu.

“I heard that!” She didn’t even look at him but just kept walking. ‘I had to admit that WAS fun!

-----

---END CHAPTER 5-----

Well what’d u think? It was kind of short but hey I tried to take away the one month wait for a new chapter. Read and Review!