Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Mirror Image ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mirror Image
By. DemonGirl-Setsuna
 
--
 
DemonGirl-Setsuna: Hi there! Setsuna here!
 
I have no comment to state, so…
 
Here is Chapter 7!
Please Enjoy!
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto or anything belonging to Masashi Kishimoto.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
Ch. 7
 
-------------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Ten Minutes Later…
 
 
 
 
The last two Anbus were caught in a sticky-wed like trap.
 
“Did we get rookie Anbus or something?”, Naruto asks.
 
“No, we didn't. The traps are well hidden, even I didn't find a trace of where the trap was till it was sprung”, Kakashi replies, standing in front of a tree, “We should be cautious of more tr… WHAA!”, he was cut off.
 
Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura turn to find their teacher tangled up in the branches of the tree he was standing in front of, he was unconscious.
 
“What is that thing?”
 
“It's an illusion tree”, Sakura says.
 
“A what?”
 
“It's a tree that traps it's victims in a illusion”, she explains.
 
“We're the only ones left! Let's keep moving!”, Sasuke states.
 
Naruto and Sakura nod in agreement.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Twenty-Minutes Later…
 
 
 
 
“There's their home”, Sasuke whispers.
 
“Something's bugging me”, Sakura says.
 
“What is it?”, Naruto asks.
 
“Isn't it strange that after the illusion tree, we haven't run into any other traps”.
 
“I was wondering that too…”, Sasuke states.
 
“Shoot, I thought our illusionary-dream tree would catch the ones smart enough not to get caught in our other traps”, Natsuki's voice sounds.
 
“It seems, our brother's team-mate has a pretty level-head on her shoulders”, Sara adds.
 
“Yeah, more brains in her pretty little head than that bastard of a Jounin; Kakashi!”, Natsuki continues.
 
“Where are you two?”, Naruto shouts.
 
“Up here, my dear Naruto-onii-chan!”
 
All three look up and find Natsuki and Sara on a branch, 10 feet away.
 
Natsuki sat on the branch wearing black skin-tight shorts that reached down to her knees, a red belly-shirt under a blue denim jacket, and cream colored sandals, her blonde hair was braided behind her back.
 
Sara stood beside her, wearing black skin-tight shorts that reached mid-thigh, a skin-tight blueish-green shirt with sleeves that reached to her elbows, and black sandals, her black hair was pulled back in a simple low pony-tail.
 
“But Natsuki, what are we going to do about the girl? She wasn't in the plan to be here during our fights with our brothers”, Sara asks.
 
“Do you think she'll stay out of it, while we play with our brothers as we test them and talk?”
 
“I don't know, why don't you ask her?”
 
“I can hear you, you know!”, Sakura shouts, “Also, the girl has a name you know, and it's Sakura!”
 
“Then do you agree to not interfere, Sakura?”, Natsuki questions.
 
“I promise not to step in, but if I feel that my team-mate's lives are in danger, I will step in!”, she replies.
 
“Fine with us!”, Sara states, “Sasuke-onii-chan, follow me, if you will”, she turns her back and leaps to the next branch.
 
Sasuke follows without a word.
 
“Where are they going?', Naruto yells.
 
“They're going to the waterfall, not far from here”, Natsuki answers, “That leaves the treetops for our fight, if that doesn't bother you?', she flip-swings to stand on the branch, “So let's start!”, she laughs.
 
“Let's go!”, he smiles.
 
 
 
 
----------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Ten Minutes Later…
Half a Mile Away…
 
 
 
 
“This will do nicely!”, she says, landing on a branch.
 
“Hey, Natsuki!”, Naruto shouts, landing on a nearby branch.
 
“What is it Naruto?”, she asks.
 
“You seem happy and go-lucky, but Sara is your complete opposite, why is that?”
 
Natsuki's normally cheerfully bright blue eyes, darken to a sad tone, “She used to be as cheerful and carefree as me, until four/five years ago; when she was 8 years old”, she replies.
 
“What happened?”
 
“She had a nightmare so traumatizing, that she went mute for a year; she's been quiet and shy since then, speaking only when she felt was necessary”, Natsuki states, remembering the pain her friend felt, closing her eyes.
 
“What sort of dream can scare someone that badly?”, he asks.
 
“The death of your clan at the hands of your eldest brother”, she answers.
 
“Eldest brother… You mean Sara saw the slaying of the entire Uchiha clan!”
 
She nods, “Yes, she saw the whole thing through Sasuke's eyes. When she first had the nightmare, we didn't know we had twin brothers and that we were kidnapped, it wasn't until yesterday that I realized that her nightmare was a vision she saw through her brother's eyes, when her clan was brutally murdered by her eldest brother; Itachi”, she says, “I've had my share of visions through your eyes as well”.
 
“What have you seen?”
 
“You battle with Haku, the Chuunin exams; where you encountered Orochimaru, and your encounter and battle with Itachi, just to name a few”.
 
“Do you know the fact that…?”, he began.
 
“My sensei told me what you have sealed inside you, before she died two days ago”, she simply states, “Shall we begin my testing of your strength, I'd like to finish before lunch-time”, she orders, taking a fight-stance.
 
“Let's begin!”, he agrees, also taking up a fighting-stance.
 
They charge at each-other.
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------
 
DemonGirl-Setsuna: Well? What did you think? Please review!
 
Join me in Chapter 8 to find out!
 
Catch you readers next time!