Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Icing On The Cake ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty

Title: Icing On The Cake

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto!

Summary: Shikamaru and Chouji attempt to make a cake for Ino's birthday, but end up getting distracted in the process. [ShikaCho]




“The recipe says to add two eggs.” Shikamaru said, reading off the index card between his fingers. Chouji cracked an egg on the rim of the bowl, and added the yolk to the flour in the bowl. “Once you add the other egg, mix the flour and stuff in the bowl.”

“Why couldn’t Sakura make the cake? I don’t know how to cook. And the whole process is making me hungry.” Chouji whined, cracking the other egg into the bowl, then picking up the spatula. He shoved it into the gooey mess and started to mix it. Ino’s birthday was today, and Sakura had given the job to Shikamaru and Chouji by way of random drawings. The two boys had protested at first-“We can’t cook!”-but eventually caved in when Sakura grabbed them by their ears and kicked them out of her house.

Shikamaru flipped through the index cards the pink haired girl had prepared for them, hardly able to read her hurried, messy scrawl. “This is so troublesome.” He muttered, throwing the numbered index cards onto the counter. Chouji stopped mixing to pick one up and read the next set of directions. “I could be watching the clouds right now. Birthdays are so troublesome.”

“I’m hungry.” Chouji sighed, picking up his mixing again. He turned the bowl this way and that, mixing the goo until it didn’t look like flour anymore. It was a pasty white that somehow reminded him of glue.

“At least we can eat what’s left while it cooks.” Shikamaru slumped against the counter, staring at the wall while he listened to the steady dripping of the faucet. Every other drip pounded into his head, making his eye twitch at the annoying rhythm.

Chouji poured the cake batter into the pan on the counter, then grabbed it and shoved it into the oven. Sakura had even given them directions on hot it should’ve been. “Now that it’s done, we can eat the rest of the batter.” The chubby boy grinned, pulling two spoons from the silverware drawer. He made his way back to the table, and handed Shikamaru one of the spoons. They ate the batter in silence until they couldn’t scoop anymore out without using their fingers to get at the bottom of the bowl.

The pony tailed boy stared at the chocolate batter on his finger, then looked at Chouji, a sudden idea popping into his head. With glittering eyes, he smeared the batter on the other boy’s cheek, in the shape of a comma, and dipped his finger into the bowl to get more.

A slick finger brushed across his eyebrow, leaving a trial of chocolate in its wake. Chouji pulled away with a triumphant grin and licked his finger. “Gotcha, Shikamaru.” He laughed, dabbing his fingers into the bowl, then smearing more batter on his friend’s face.

“Chouji…” Shikamaru said in a warning tone, wiping the batter off his eyebrow with the back of his hand. The chubby boy snickered behind his hand as his teammate dipped all five fingers into the bowl and smeared the mess down his face. There were five, long lines starting from Chouji’s hairline, all the way down his eyelids, cheeks, and stopping just below his lips.

In a flash of green and brown, Chouji jumped from his chair and tackled Shikamaru to the ground, taking the bowl of cake batter down with them. It sent tiny droplets scattering over the floor, the cabinets, and whatever else was near it. The two boys scuffled around on the floor until Shikamaru came out the victor, moving to straddle the other boy’s stomach and pinning his arms above his head.

“The batter compliments your hair.” Shikamaru smirked, to his friend’s dismay. Chouji licked the batter that was smeared down his lips, drawing the other boy’s attention like a moth to a flame. He bent to lick up one of the chocolate trails, the one to the far right, and felt Chouji stiffen.

“What’re you doing, Shikamaru?” Chouji asked shakily, still unable to move his arms. The other boy’s tongue moved up his chin, over his cheek and eyelid until it reached his hair.

“Cleaning you up.” The pony tailed boy said absently, licking up the second trail. This one also went up Chouji’s chin, over his other cheek, eyelid, and finally stopping at his hair. Shikamaru licked up every trail of chocolate batter until the only one left was the middle one. He followed the trail with his eyes, up Chouji’s chin, over his lips, and finally up the middle of his nose to stop at his hair. There was no chocolate on his lips, but the path was there and Shikamaru was deliberating on if he should do it or not.

“What are you waiting for? There’s still some left.” Chouji told the other boy. Shikamaru managed a tiny smirk as he bent over to lick up the last trail, stopping briefly to run his tongue between the crevice of his teammate’s lips. He continued on his way up, until every trace of chocolate was gone.

When he pulled away, Chouji was watching him with a strange glint in his eyes. A hand found its way on the back of his neck, and Shikamaru felt himself being tugged forward until their lips crashed together. There was a pleasant tingling that shot through him when their lips moved together, sweet, slow, and addictive. When Chouji angled his head differently, the pony tailed boy let out a soft gasp, and found a tongue being shoved into his mouth.

The kiss lasted for a few short minutes, and when Shikamaru pulled away, it was hard to catch his breath. Chouji seemed to be in a similar state, but offered his best friend a crooked smile. Shikamaru’s nose twitched, smelling something in the air that shouldn’t have been there.

“Something’s burning.” He said, looking up at the counter, his stomach sinking. He jumped off of Chouji and rushed over to the oven, yanking it open and peeing inside. “Ah, damn, the cake burned.” Shikamaru grabbed a hot pad from the counter and used it to pull the cake out. He set it on the counter, then turned and shut the oven off. “Sakura’s gonna kill us, Chouji. We ruined Ino’s cake.”

“We warned her.” The chubby boy came to stand next to him, staring into the pan at the burnt cake. He looked back at Shikamaru and grinned. “Since it’s burnt anyway, you wanna eat it?”

“And make another one? It’s too troublesome.” The pony tailed boy grabbed a butter knife from a drawer, and opened the lid for the chocolate frosting. Another idea popped into his head, and he smirked as he dipped a finger into the frosting and reached over to smear it on his teammate’s lips.

Chouji must’ve had the same idea because he didn’t lick the frosting off immediately. Instead, he grabbed the back of Shikamaru’s neck and let the other boy lick it off himself. They had enough time and another container of frosting to worry about later.



~Owari~