Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Surprises ( Chapter 31 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-one

Title: Surprises

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto!

Summary: A first date between an odd couple. [LeeSaku]

A/N: The descriptions about Sakura are not my own. Can’t stand her –at least not until Shippuden. She kicks ass in Shippuden-But, I tried to get into Lee’s head-in a sense-and this is what happened. Review, I guess. ^_^




Rock Lee was very nervous. More nervous than he’d been in a long time. When he went to ask Sakura for a date, he hadn’t expected her to say yes. Over they years, she’d gotten nicer, but Lee didn’t expect something like this. Sakura was so hung up on Sasuke that everyone thought she’d never give anyone else a chance. But here they were, on a date together at a nice restaurant. Sakura was beautiful and Lee felt thankful to be able to see her like this, with her beautiful green eyes twinkling at him. Lee felt like a peasant in the face of her ethereal beauty, like she was some kind of princess from an exotic country.

“Lee?” Sakura’s melodious voice broke into his thoughts, and Lee looked up to see her watching him with her head cocked to the side. She had her cup halfway to her lips, and looked like she had forgotten it was there. “Are you okay? You look a little pale.”

“I am fine, Sakura-san.” Lee managed a small smile as he lifted his menu up higher, to block her beautiful face from sight. He swallowed thickly and tried to concentrate on the list of food in front of him. Even though he saw the words, they didn’t register in his mind. His thoughts kept trailing to the pink haired girl seated just across from him. “My, there is so much to choose from.” Lee said, trying to strike up a conversation. Until now, they had stayed quiet except for when the waitress came around.

“Yeah, there is.” Sakura nodded her head, although Lee couldn’t see it from behind his menu. She didn’t know when, didn’t know how or why, but she had started to like him. When she was still a Genin, she clearly remembered being freaked out by his bushy eyebrows. He was all around weird, and she wanted his affections just about as much as she wanted Naruto’s. Granted, the blond boy had moved on from her-he finally figured out that Hinata liked him-and Lee was just as nice as he was then. He treated her to occasional lunches, commending her for her medical skills and telling her stories about Gai-sensei. He really was very sweet, and Sakura found herself wondering more and more often how it would feel to actually be with him. Sasuke was just a thing of the past now, just a stupid, childhood crush. She had someone better for her right here.

The waitress came and took down their orders. She smiled at them, commented how cute a couple they were, then went on her way. Lee tried not to blush when he met Sakura’s eyes but failed miserably.

“She’s right, you know.” Sakura smiled, reaching over to pull one of Lee’s hands away from his face. She lay them over the table, intertwining their fingers across the tablecloth. Lee’s blush had gotten darker in a span of a few seconds, and Sakura giggled softly.

He was so cute when he blushed.



~Owari~




A/N: That was the end of drabble thirty-one. There’s a little less than half left. See, I plan all the chapters out ahead of time, then I get to writing them. So…drop me a line. Reviews are my life’s blood, yeah?