Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Between You And Me ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-two

Title: Between You And Me

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Kishimoto Masashi-sensei! I no own!!!

Summary: Just a little walk through Konoha with an important person. [KibaHina]

A/N: I’m really starting to love this pairing. I mean, a lot. I love to write it. ^_^ On another note, just review. It makes the world go ‘round, ne? Oh, yeah.




It was a dreary day, the clouds above blocking the sun, the smell of rain clinging in the air. The leaves underneath Kiba’s feet crunched as he walked through the streets of Konoha, passed closed shops and people he recognized. Akamaru followed close behind him, nose sniffing the air every few seconds. Walking next to Kiba was a shorthaired girl with pale eyes, a light blush tingeing her cheeks. Between them were their hands, fingers entwined while their arms swung gently as they walked. The gentle breeze ruffled their hair and scattered leaves under their feet.

“Kiba?” Hinata asked in her usual soft voice, blushing even more when the boy turned to look at her. His eyes always held such softness in them. “Um, it’s nothing. Never mind.” The Hyuuga girl smiled softly up at him then turned her eyes back towards the street. She’d planned on telling the dog boy how much fun she had with him, but the words got stuck somewhere between her throat and lips. Kiba was so much fun to be around, and there was never a dull moment between them.

Kiba squeezed her hand briefly, just to show his affection, and also turned his eyes back to the street. He knew what the girl was going to say, and was happy to know she felt that way. It was no secret that Hinata loved being with him-her smiles were enough to see that-and he hoped Hinata knew how much he cared for her. They’d been teammates for so long that it was only a matter of time that they’d become more.

It was during Christmas when every thing came to a boil. They’d gotten caught underneath some mistletoe, and to the cheers of all of their friends, kissed for the very first time. It was short and sweet, just a peck, but from that one kiss something had changed. They were together more and more often, and weren’t aware of the change until Shino mentioned how close they had gotten. So, on a mutual agreement, the two started to officially date. That was nearly a year ago. They were still going strong.

Kiba blinked confusedly as something hit his nose. He looked up towards the sky, and blinked again as a few raindrops hit his nose. “Ah, it’s raining!” He muttered, pulling Hinata underneath the hanging flap of Ichiraku as they passed. A few seconds later the down pour started, drenching the people still running to get out of the rain. It was coming down so heavily, so quickly, that the streets were nearly flooded three minutes later.

“Kiba?” Hinata said softly, watching the rainfall just outside Ichiraku. When the brunette turned to look at her, she let a smile lift the corners of her mouth. Before the dog boy could utter a word, she walked those few steps into the rain, letting it soak her clothes. Kiba was behind her, sputtering and yanking up his hood before the rain could drip down his coat. “Between you and me,” Hinata said, turning to place a tiny kiss on the brunette’s lips, “I love walking in the rain.” She gave him one last peck before turning and pulling him along.

Just behind her, Kiba was grinning from ear to ear. There was never a dull moment with Hinata.



~Owari~