Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Bent ( Chapter 33 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-three

Title: Bent

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto! The song ‘Bent’ is not mine, either.

Summary: Sasuke's head is in turmoil and Sakura tries to help. [SasuSaku]

A/N: This is number thirty-three. Almost finished! Woot! So, this pairing I’m starting to like, even though I’m a SasuNaru fan to the end. ^_^ I find that odd, because I’ve hated this pairing for such a long time. Or maybe it was just Sakura. But it’s all good. Review!


“If I fall along the way
Pick me up and dust me off
If I get too tired to make it
Be my breath so I can walk”

“Bent” – Matchbox Twenty



Thunder crackled overhead, like drums beating in the still of night. It rattled the windows in the room, made the walls tremble. Sakura lay awake for a while, unable to sleep because of the storm raging about outside. On the floor next to her were her two teammates, fast asleep and snoring gently. Or at least Naruto was snoring. Sasuke had always been a quiet sleeper.

There was another loud crack of thunder, and hidden in the sound were small whimpers. Sakura strained to hear them, and realized they were coming from Sasuke. Worried, the pink haired girl sat up and crawled over to his mat. He was curled up into a tight ball, eyebrows furrowed like he was having a nightmare.

“Nnn. No, don’t–I can’t–Itachi!” The pink haired girl leaned forward on her knees, and put a hand on Sasuke’s shoulder, shaking it firmly. The dark haired boy shot up from his mat; eyes flitting about the room like the shadows were trying to snatch him away. Sakura pulled her hand back before Sasuke did something impulsive, like ripped it out of the socket. “Shit.” She heard him mutter, before he dropped his head into his hands.

“Sasuke-kun.” Sakura whispered, watching him worriedly as he jumped at the sound of her voice. Wide, dark eyes turned to hers, tears sparkling in the corners. “Sasuke-kun,” the pink haired girl whispered, “are you okay? I heard you whimpering and I thought you might be having a nightmare.”

“Sakura?” The Uchiha blinked, finally calming down enough to know that Itachi wasn’t in the room, and his teammates weren’t dead. He took a shuddering breath and wiped his sweaty hair off his forehead. “I’m sorry. I was dreaming about Itachi and-“

“-I know.” Sakura murmured, putting a hand out on his forearm. Dark eyes swiveled to hers, and a spark passed between them. A second later, Sasuke pounced on her, making her teeter back before she put her hands out to catch herself. It took her another second to realize that her dark haired teammate was crying, if the way his shoulders trembled was any clue. “Sasuke-kun.” The pink haired girl sighed, rubbing his back and telling herself not to blush as he buried his head in her chest.

Half of Sasuke’s body was sprawled across her lap, the other half still on his mat. He had to be uncomfortable with his body twisted around like that. Sakura tried to comfort him the best way she could, and soon his breath had evened out to something resembling a light snore. He had fallen asleep. The pink haired girl brushed his hair away from his face, and saw the redness circling his eyes.

“Poor Sasuke-kun. I hope he feels better in the morning.” Sakura pressed a light kiss to his temple, and somewhere through the dark a slow smile graced his lips. Sakura wouldn’t see it then, because of the teen’s dark hair, but somehow she knew he was smiling.



~Owari~