Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Hanging By A Moment ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-four

Title: Hanging By A Moment

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: Sasuke always leaves her waiting. [SasuSaku, hinted NaruHina]




It was a habit of his to leave her waiting. He’d done it when they were still kids, when Sasuke had gone off with Orochimaru. He’d kept her waiting for three whole years until he finally came back. He kept her waiting when he finally asked her out on a date, and he was so nervous that he showed up late. Sasuke tried to deny it, vehemently, but Sakura knew the truth.

He kept her waiting now, but it was a good kind’ve waiting because they’d been together for two years. Every day got better than the one before, and Sakura was even more in love with him now than when she was twelve. And it was easy to tell him this every day because it was true, and somewhere inside of her, she knew that her dark haired boyfriend loved her, too.

So she wasn’t surprised when Sasuke took her on a date to a lovely restaurant, and slipped an engagement ring into her ice cream. She forgot to tell him that she had been looking for it in the first place, because she overheard him talking to their blond teammate about it. She wasn’t surprised when he took the ring out of her hand, got down on one knee, and formally asked her to marry him. She acted surprised and even started to cry, not minding that he had asked in such a stoic voice. She knew Sasuke, after all, and he wasn’t embarrassed easily.

She knew that in the future she would spend months upon months of planning this wedding. And maybe years later, they would have children of their own that would inherit her medical skills and Sasuke’s Sharingan. They would look just like their father but they would have her personality. They would be some of the greatest ninja, after the three legendary sannin. They would be best friends with Naruto and Hinata’s children, one boy who took after Naruto, and a girl who took after Hinata.

They would get together with the other rookies and have dinner while their children played in the living room, just like they used to during their academy days. It would all be perfect.



~Owari~