Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Imaginary ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-five

Title: Imaginary

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: When it's too much just to pretend. [InoSaku] Sequel to Practice Makes Perfect.

A/N: I though about this last minute. Yeah. It’s something of a sequel to Practice Makes Perfect, which was like chapter twelve. So, that’s it.




Move it, Ino-pig!”

“No, you move it, large forehead!”

“Sasuke-kun’s mine!”

“No, he’s mine!”

The dark haired male in question scowled as he was tugged back and forth between two wayward girls. Their loud voices grated on his nerves and made his eardrums protest in agony. He hated the girls in the village, always cooing over him with sweet nothings and offers of dates. It really annoyed him. It annoyed him to the point where he wanted to bury his head in the sand and ignore the world.

“Shove off, Ino-pig” Sakura yelled, letting go of Sasuke’s arm to shove at the blonde girl standing on her teammate’s other side. She didn’t understand what Ino’s problem was. Ever since that kissing incident, she had gotten even more possessive of Sasuke than ever. She was so sure the other girl had given up on Sasuke because she’d been hanging all over Shikamaru lately.

“He’s mine, large forehead!” Ino yelled back, refusing to let go of the dark haired boy’s arm. Sakura was still trying to pry her off. Ever since that kissing incident, Ino hadn’t been acting like herself. She started hanging all over Shikamaru, only so she wouldn’t have to be around Sakura whenever Sasuke was with her and Naruto. It was weird being around the pink haired girl now. Ino found herself watching the girl too closely, not like a friend/rival should. And it unnerved her even more when she remembered the kissing incident and got all hot and bothered.

Sakura had wanted to practice kissing, so she could be ready for her precious Sasuke-kun. Ino knew it was a bad idea when she found the kunoichi at her front door, blushing and stuttering like a schoolgirl. Their first kisses had been wasted when Sakura went to kiss Sasuke, got knocked off course, and went crashing into Chouji. Her screams echoed through Konoha like a banshee’s.

“Let go of my Sasuke-kun!” Sakura snarled, bringing Ino back to what was happening. On this particular day, she had thought Sasuke was alone. Then suddenly his annoying, pink haired teammate had come running down the street, waving her arms around like a small child. Ino couldn’t stop her heart from jumping into her throat. It was a scary feeling, to say at the least.

“Fine.” Ino groaned, letting go of Sasuke to let the pink haired kunoichi cling to him like a leech. She refused to believe how jealous the sight made her. Damn Sakura…”I’ll let you have him for now, but I’m not giving up. Just you watch, large forehead. I’ll see you later, cutie.” Ino stroked her thin fingers down Sasuke’s cheek, then walked off slowly towards her mother’s flower shop.

The kissing incident was a little more over four weeks ago, and Ino found that the feeling of Sakura’s lips on hers hadn’t left her memory. She woke up in the middle of the night with a tingle on that soft tuft of flesh. She tasted Sakura’s lips on her tongue still, like she was running it over the girl’s full bottom lip again. And, God, she wondered what she’d have to do to taste the inside of her mouth.

These were bad thoughts, she knew, because Sakura was so into Sasuke that she was blind to everyone else. To add to that, Ino was-used-to be the best friend, and it didn’t help that she was a girl. Sure, they had kissed and all, but Sakura really didn’t have a reaction to it. So hoping that Sakura suddenly started to like it was way out of the question. She was just setting herself up for heartbreak.

As Ino walked through the door of her mother’s flower shop; some pink flowers on her left side caught her attention. She noticed the flowers as Cosmos flowers. She remembered the conversation Sakura and she had about flowers and bouquets when their teacher was talking about being a woman. Sakura had asked, if Ino was a Cosmos flower, than was she just a thoroughwart? The blonde girl had replied that Sakura was just a bud that hadn’t bloomed yet, and that seemed to appease the girl.

But Sakura had bloomed. She had really bloomed. Before, she was a large foreheaded, pink haired, no talent annoyance that Ino would rather not have around. The blonde hated to admit it, but her friend/rival had really bloomed into a strong, young woman. She still looked the same, still acted the same, but she was stronger than Ino could ever imagine. And she was beautiful.

Ino went towards the back of the store, and grabbed the watering container from the small table there. She watered the flowers as she thought that her opinion of Sakura being beautiful was recently realized. After that kissing incident, her head had been all messed up. It wasn’t pretty.

After a couple hours of watering plants and just moping around, Ino went home, the only thing on her mind being her nice, warm bed. She was stopped halfway, though, as a call of her name made her stop in her tracks. When she turned, she saw Sakura running towards her, waving her arm in the air like she did with Sasuke all the time. It made Ino scowl at the memory.

“Hey, Ino! Can I talk to you for a minute?” The pink haired kunoichi stopped just in front of the blonde girl, a slight pink tinge to her cheeks. Ino tried not to comment on her mussed hair as the other girl tucked her hands behind her back nervously. “Can I ask you something, Ino?”

“I guess, but make it quick. I’m on my way home.” Ino crossed her arms over her chest, and huffed out a breath when Sakura didn’t immediately start talking. She might’ve been seeing things, but she could’ve sworn that the other girl was just staring at her.

“We can’t talk here.” Sakura said, latching onto Ino’s wrist and tugging her down the street. The kunoichi led her blonde friend to her house, which confused Ino even more, and they both ended up in the room where they shared a practice first kiss. “Okay, now we can talk.”

“Why’d you bring me here?” Ino sighed.

“Oh. Um, I wanted to know if you’d practice with me again.” Sakura stuttered softly, wringing her hands in front of her. She walked over to the table in the corner, and sat on the edge. She started to swing her legs back and forth, just like she did that first time. Ino found it to be endearing, much like she had last time, to see a sixteen-year-old acting like such a child. Then her brain caught up with what Sakura had said and she blushed crimson.

“P-Practice again?” Ino squeaked, cursing her nervousness to high hell. This wasn’t supposed to happen. She wasn’t supposed to like Sakura. She wasn’t-“Okay.” The blonde girl agreed, taking a seat next to her friend/rival on the table, just like last time. Sakura’s blush intensified as they turned to face each other, and Ino found herself thinking about the last time, hoping the other girl let her go further.

“You’re agreeing? Just like that?” Sakura blinked, her mouth hanging open just a little. Her surprise left quickly, though, as she offered her friend a shy smile. She placed her hand on the blonde girl’s arm, just like before, and Ino felt little tingling sparks shoot up and down it. Ino placed a shaky hand on her friend’s cheek, and turned her head until the very tips of their noses touched. Sakura’s breath was warm on her cheek, and in turn made her friend/rival shiver from head to toe.

Here goes nothing, I guess, Ino sighed as she finally placed her lips over Sakura’s. They started off with gentle, open-mouthed kisses as Ino’s hand moved to tangle in pink hair, and Sakura’s hand moved down the blonde’s arm. Ino pressed closer to the pink haired girl, and placed her other hand on Sakura’s hip. Her lips were starting to tingle more and more with every kiss.

Ino felt something wet and warm brush her bottom lip, and opened her mouth instinctively. Sakura’s tongue wriggled into her mouth, brushing her tongue and gums. Ino felt a low moan build in her throat at the feelings it created, and shifted closer to the girl to get more of it. The blonde brought her left hand to Sakura’s other side, palm flat on the table, and leaned in closer. She could feel the warmth of Sakura’s left arm against her chest.

“Ino-chan?” Came a soft voice just outside the door. Ino and Sakura broke apart, startled, just as Ino’s mom slid the door open. She looked into the room with her eyebrows pinched together. “Hello, Sakura-chan!” She smiled, stepping a little further into the room. “I haven’t seen you in a long time. How have you been?”

“I’ve been okay, Yamanaka-san. What about you?” Sakura managed to say, a red-hot blush still painting her cheeks. The woman had almost caught Ino and her, which would have been mortifying in so many ways. Sakura wasn’t even sure what had happened.

“Oh, thank you for asking, sweetie. I’ve been fine. There’s been a lot of work at the flower shop lately. But you know how that is, right? I was just-“

“-Mom.” Ino said loudly, cutting off the woman’s rant. The blonde’s mother blushed a little before bowing and folding her hands in front of her. “Is dinner ready?” Ino asked softly, feeling a little bad for almost yelling at her mom. After all, it wasn’t every day that Sakura was over.

“Oh, uh, yes! It is! Sakura-chan, would you like to stay for dinner?”

“N-No thanks, Yamanaka-san. I have to get home and help my mom make dinner. Gomen” The pink haired girl bowed her head as the blonde woman waved it off.

“That’s quite all right. I don’t mind.” The woman winked at her before turning back to Ino, saying that she had to come downstairs, and to escort Sakura to the front door. The minute the door slid shut behind her, Sakura slid of the table and offered Ino her hand.

“Thank you for practicing with me, Ino.” The girl said, her voice soft and not snooty or angry. Ino found that she really liked Sakura’s voice. “I mean it. Really. Thank you.”

“It’s what friend’s do, right? Help each other?” Ino said weakly, cursing herself for liking the kiss and wanting to do it again. Sakura obviously wanted to learn how to kiss so she could kiss her precious Sasuke-kun. The blonde girl reached out to slide open the door, but a hand closed over her wrist, and she spun around to find Sakura starting at her with hooded eyes. Before she even had time to blink, Ino found the other girl’s lips on hers again, softly capturing her bottom lip between her teeth. The kiss lasted for a short moment, but Ino still found it hard to breathe when the pink haired girl finally pulled away.

“Do you wanna do something tomorrow?” Sakura asked coyly, as she brushed a strand of blonde hair out of Ino’s eyes. The blonde found herself blushing hotly.

“L-Like what?” She stuttered pathetically.

“I think you know.” The pink haired girl placed a tiny kiss on her rival’s cheek, then reached out to slide the door open. She left Ino there dazed and confused.



~Owari~