Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Here's To The Nights ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Thirty-six

Title: Here’s To The Nights

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: They have one night together and it feels like the morning is coming too soon. [SasuNaru]

A/N: Takes place in Shippuden. They failed in retrieving Sasuke, and Naruto is totally bummed out. Until he sees something interesting lurking by their camp. Ooh. But you have to read to find out. I’ve given away enough hints. ^_^ ::May contain spoilers::


“Here’s to the nights we felt alive
Here’s to the tears you knew you’d cry
Here’s to goodbye
Tomorrow’s gonna come too soon”

“Here’s To The Night” – Eve 6



“Try and get some sleep, Naruto.” Yamato said to the blond sulking just outside of camp. They hadn’t been able to convince Sasuke to come home, and the blond was worse for the wear. He had started to sob after Orochimaru and Kabuto came and took his precious teammate to another hideout. That was what worried Yamato the most. The blond was such a happy and hyper boy, and one little incident sent him spiraling into a depression. Sasuke had such an affect on the blond boy. After they had shown up at the hideout, they had spotted Sasuke standing in the middle of the rubble that was his room. Sasuke had said something to Naruto that made the blond this way. Nobody had heard because the Uchiha had been whispering.

“I’m just gonna go for a walk.” The blond answered after a long moment of silence. He pulled off his bag, set it by a fallen log, and walked off into the woods just to the right of their tent. Yamato didn’t think this was such a good idea-they were in enemy territory-but he felt like the blond needed time to cope. He’d been so close to getting his best friend back and it had been ripped out from underneath his feet.

“Be careful, Naruto-kun!” Yamato called after him in warning. He watched the blond’s back with no reply, and just hoped his charge would be okay. Sighing, the Jounin turned back towards the fire, and looked at Sakura with worried eyes. She was watching the disappearing orange jumpsuit.

Naruto trekked through the woods, his hands shoved into his pockets. He didn’t know what to think; didn’t know what to feel. He’d been so close to getting Sasuke back, but the asshole wouldn’t even listen to him.

“How do you expect to become Hokage when you couldn’t even save your best friend?”

Naruto clenched his teeth at the memory of the Uchiha’s words. What the hell was that supposed to mean? Naruto had given his all. He had nearly died, and Sasuke came up with that? He had said it in such a taunting way; it was like Sasuke had been planning it in his head for the last two years.

“If you have enough time to chase after me, shouldn’t you be training to get stronger than me?”

The bastard was so smug, like he knew just what to say to get his ex-teammate’s blood boiling. But Naruto didn’t rise to the bait, because his body was frozen in place, like Sasuke had cast a spell on him. Every word out of the Uchiha’s mouth was like another spike that pierced his heart like a poisonous senbon.

“I merely spared your life on a whim. That's why, this time, at my whim, you will lose your life."

When the sword came down on him, he really thought his life was over. He couldn’t get his overtaxed body to move, no matter how much he screamed inside his head. And then everything had gone white and he was inside his own head, with Kyuubi, and Sasuke had appeared. It was a freaky thing when you ex-best friend/ex-teammate/ex-everything else got inside your head somehow.

You’re thinking too much about this, Naruto told himself, smacking his forehead a few times for good measure. This was not the time to think about the past. He needed to think ahead to the future, about a plan that would bring his best friend back to him. And I’m gonna beat his ass when he comes back. I’m gonna put him in the hospital for weeks until he learns his lesson. And then I’m gonna kiss him and demand that he love me, just for good measure. The blond nodded his head in finality and kept walking.

A black shadow caught his attention first before the sound of twigs cracking met his ears. He looked around wildly; watching the shadow as it got closer and closer to where he was standing. Naruto pulled out a kunai and positioned it in front of his face.

“Put it away, dobe.” Came a very familiar tenor from the cover of the trees. The blond held the kunai tighter in his hand as Sasuke revealed himself, unarmed and smirking just a tiny bit. He was completely different from the Sasuke he’d just seen, like the old one was breaking through the cracks. Sasuke stepped into the small clearing, and gently seized the kunai from the blond’s grasp. “Don’t worry; I won’t hurt you.”

“What do you want, bastard?” Naruto growled, taking a step back when Sasuke took a sudden step forward. His kunai was thrusted back towards him, circular tip first, and the blond took it warily. “Weren’t you just threatening to kill me? What? Do you have a split personality or something?”

“That was all an act.” Sasuke said softly, like he didn’t know he was saying the words out loud. Dark eyes raised themselves to blue, and a spark of understanding shot between them. Sasuke moved stealthily forward, and placed a hand on a whiskered cheek. “It’s good to see you again, dobe. You’re taller. And your eyes are a darker blue than I remember.”

“Get to the point and tell me what you want.” Naruto hissed, fighting the urge to slap the other boy’s hand away. He didn’t want to make Sasuke angry in case he changed his mind about killing him. “And what the hell do you mean it was all an act?!”

“It’s just as I said. I plan on killing Orochimaru soon, and then Itachi. For that, I need to stay with him for a little longer. Please forgive me.” Sasuke removed his hand, not sounding sorry in the slightest. But Naruto didn’t find it surprising. As long as he reached his goal, Sasuke wouldn’t regret anything.

“That doesn’t explain why you’re here.”

“I just wanted to see you one last time.’ Sasuke muttered, his voice sounding odd to Naruto’s ears. There was something weird laced in his words, like he wasn’t sure he wanted to say what he was thinking. But these words, and their intensity, made the blond shiver. “I’ve missed you, you know.”

“Liar.” It came out soft, embarrassed, but Naruto didn’t care about that now because Sasuke had sounded sincere. What was he supposed to make of that? But then he figured it out because Sasuke had leaned forward, and pressed their lips together. It wasn’t a gentle kiss. Not in the least. It was possessive and hot, and it made Naruto’s blood boil in a way it never had before. It was addictive and sweet all at the same time, and somehow it made him feel like he was flying even though his feet were rooted to the ground. Sasuke’s fingers were hot on his skin as he slipped them underneath the blond’s shirt, caressing fluttering muscles.

“I’m not lying.” The Uchiha muttered absently, transferring his lips from Naruto’s mouth to his soft neck. The blond gasped in a sharp breath, his fingers clenching in white material. He didn’t know what was happening-didn’t really care, actually-but Sasuke’s touch was making his body feel hot. He’d never felt this before, not even with Sakura. She’d never made him feel like this.

“You really missed me?” Naruto whispered, hoping Sasuke hadn’t heard him, but then again hoping he did. When Sasuke hummed against his neck, the vibrations carried all the way to his groin, and he knew that the other boy hadn’t been lying. He really did…miss him. “I missed you, too, bastard.” The blond hiccuped, cursing himself for sounding so pathetic when he should’ve been kissing Sasuke. But the dark haired boy was too busy suckling his neck to know what the blond boy was thinking about.

Sasuke grasped the zipper at Naruto’s chest and pulled it down excruciatingly slow. His hand caressed mesh-covered skin, while his other pulled the orange jacket down wiry, tanned arms. He removed his lips from the blond’s neck and kissed him softly.

“We only have tonight, dobe. Let’s make the best of it.” Before Naruto could figure out what that meant, Sasuke was lowering him to the ground, moving to straddle his hips. He could feel the other boy’s prominent erection digging into his stomach, and realized with a sudden thrill what the Uchiha had been talking about. “Don’t worry.” Sasuke murmured distractedly. “I’ll take good care of you.”

As the dark haired boy’s hands lowered to Naruto’s pants, the blond just leaned his head back and let everything run its course. They only had tonight, after all.

XxX

Naruto shifted onto his side, his pants rubbing against his abdomen. He was only distantly annoyed by the ache in his lower back as his eyes fluttered open. Almost immediately, light burned his eyes, barely blocked by the leaves in the trees. He wondered what time it was and how long he’d been gone from camp. The light told him that he’d been gone almost the whole night.

Last night…Naruto thought back, replaying all that had happened. Sasuke’s fingers had been so soft against his skin; his body feeling so perfectly aligned with his. They moved like they were one entity completely, like they both shared the same thoughts and emotions. Sasuke’s voice had been soft, like music in Naruto’s ears, as he moaned out the feeling of the blond wrapped around his arousal. It had hurt a little at first; being stretched to the breaking point, but Sasuke had felt so good inside of him. With every thrust, they both lost a little more control, and were left at the point where words had turned into incoherent mutterings.

The blond propped himself up on his hands, and took a look around the clearing. There were drops of wetness around him-evidence of last night’s going ons-and a kunai buried deep in the ground, a piece of paper attached to the very top. Naruto scooted over to it, biting his bottom lip as pain shot up his spine. He pulled the piece of paper off the kunai and unfolded it.

Dobe,

Thank you for last night. I’m sorry for leaving you like I did, but it would’ve been dangerous to stay. I wanted to just so I could see you when you woke up. You can’t tell anyone about what we did. At least, not until I come back to Konoha, and I WILL. Trust me. After I have killed Itachi and Orochimaru, I will come back to you. If I die completing my goal, I want you to know that you will always be important to me. So wait for me, okay? I won’t let anyone else have you. I want you to myself.

Sasuke

Naruto reread the note, a goofy smile forming on his lips. Heh…Sasuke cared about him. He had wanted to stay, but he thought it would be dangerous. But more importantly, Sasuke cared about him.

Trying not to laugh at the irony of it all, the blond slowly pulled himself up from the ground, feeling drained and wonderful at the same time. His lower back hurt like a bitch, but he figured he’d get used to it when Sasuke came back to him. He knew he’d get used to it.

The blond made his way back slowly to camp, one hand on his lower back; gently massaging the screaming muscles. When he made it back to camp, Sakura jumped on him like a dog on a rabbit, demanding where he had been all night. He just offered her a sheepish explanation.

“I was so exhausted that I fell asleep in some clearing!” The blond lied easily, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. The pink haired girl didn’t look like she believed him, but she was just happy that he was in a better mood. Actually, he seemed to be absolutely giddy. Sakura let it go, though, because Naruto wouldn’t tell her if something had happened. She had a suspicion it had something to do with Sasuke. And she forget-purposely-to ask Naruto why he was limping and rubbing his lower back. She really didn’t want to know.



~Owari~