Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Pieces Of Me ❯ Shudder ( Chapter 51 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Drabble Fifty-one

Title: Shudder

Disclaimer: Naruto belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

Summary: And he just watched Kakashi walk away, unable to move his shocked body into action. [Slight KakaSasu]




He’d been watching Kakashi for a long time now, wondering what the man was thinking about. His sensei had been staring listlessly in the distance, a contemplative look on his face-even with the mask on. He didn’t know this was what Kakashi meant when he said they needed to have a one-on-one talk. But then again, Sasuke never knew what the older man meant by anything he said.

“Are you going to say something or are we going to keep standing here?” Sasuke asked angrily, leaning his back against a nearby tree, relaxing underneath the shade. For a second Kakashi just stood there, looking out over the expanse of dried dirt and clumps of grass. “Kakashi-sensei, I’m tired of standing here. Can we just-“

“-Why did you come back, Sasuke?”

“-go eat…What?”

“Why did you come back?” The Jounin repeated his question, turning to face the dark haired teen, his one eye unreadable. Sasuke swallowed thickly and tried to think of an answer. The only thing that came to mind was the blond idiot he called his best friend. But Sasuke delved a little deeper into his mind, and saw flashes of people’s faces.

“Um, I guess everyone here.” The teen answered with a little shrug of his shoulders. The silver haired man took his answer at face value, and nodded his head like he’d made a sudden decision. “Why do you want to know, Kakashi-sensei? Is it something specific?”

“No. I was just curious.” The silver haired man looked away, and Sasuke caught something lurking in the depth of Kakashi’s visible eye. He’d seen it before, when Sakura looked at him and it was all she could do to keep her emotions locked up inside her head. But he was seeing it now, in Kakashi’s eye. The sudden realization of what the man had really wanted hit him low in the gut. Things had changed right under his nose, without him noticing. And why hadn’t he caught Kakashi’s subtle hints?

As Kakashi walked away, he finally found his voice. “You love me.” Sasuke said quietly, his voice full of wonder. He saw the older man’s steps falter, and felt a sharp pain in his heart when Kakashi turned to look at him, his one visible eye conveying so many emotions all at once. Sasuke was shocked into stillness.

“Is that so wrong?” Kakashi said softly, like he was trying to convince himself that it wasn’t. Sasuke watched him for a few minutes before he dropped his eye. He wanted to say no, that it wasn’t wrong to love someone. But he couldn’t seem to get his mouth to move, or to make the words come out. “I’m sorry for bringing you out here. I’ve wasted your time. Please forgive me.”

And he just watched Kakashi walk away, unable to move his shocked body into action.



~Owari~