Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Precious ❯ Precious Answers ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Precious Answers

By Silver Dragonfly

Naruto chewed on his lower lip, struggling to keep still as Sasuke checked over the various pieces of the kimono he was now wearing. So far he had had little luck in remaining still, and it was only getting worse.

"Kuso! Sasuke I can't do this!" Naruto suddenly proclaimed as he moved forward and then promptly fell on his butt when his sock covered feet slid out from under him.

Sasuke shook his head, "Yes you can dobe. Sakura and Ino have Hinata out shopping all day, and Hyuga is keeping an eye on her father. Now stand up and let me make sure nothing came loose."

Naruto grumbled incoherently but stood up and watched as Sasuke studied him for a moment then nodded, giving him the all clear sign. "Hell-Sasuke what if he says no?"

"Then you'll switch to the other plan. We're all behind you on this Naruto." Sasuke answered as he handed Naruto his katana.

Naruto accepted the sheathed blade, fingering the hilt and sheath for a few moments before strapping it to his waist. It was an eighteenth birthday present from Tsunade and would be the only visible weapon he carried with him today. "Right. I can do this…" He told himself as he moved towards the door.

"Dobe-"

"Now what!?" Naruto exclaimed turning to face the dark haired teen.

"Your shoes." Sasuke stated as he pointed to the wooden sandals Naruto had nearly left behind.

"Right…" Naruto said as he turned to retrieve them, seriously wondering if he was going to survive the day.

**********

Neji watched silently as Hyuga Hiashi's last scheduled visitors for the afternoon left the Hyuga estate. Now would be the time for Naruto to arrive, he saw Hanabi exit out a small side door and look directly at him. That was the signal-however Naruto wasn't here yet. Despite his tardiness, Neji had no doubt that the Elite Jounin would be there soon. For while Naruto hadn't picked up Kakashi's knack for being fashionably late- he rarely ever managed to arrive exactly on time. Years of working with Naruto had accustomed him to the last second entrances the fox-like shinobi liked to make.

Neji heard a commotion near the main gates and couldn't help but smile as he watched Uzumaki Naruto arrive. He quickly scanned the blond's attire. Good, Uchiha had kept up on his part. When Naruto had first approached him on the matter of asking the Hyuga clan head the all-important question, he had been surprised, but the blond had been serious. Now, with help of several of their close friends, and a second back-up plan in place, Naruto was making his move.

Neji moved silently from his hiding place, and signaled Naruto with a tiny flare of chakara. The nineteen-year old blond immediately looked in his direction. It never ceased to amaze Neji how much the once 'loud-mouthed dead last' had grown. His chakara control and awareness was easily equal to his own skills-if not better and Naruto had no bloodline ability. In Neji's opinion, that alone made Naruto more then qualified to court and marry his cousin. That the pair was obviously head over heals for each other only made it better.

No words passed between them as they met up and Neji silently escorted him to the proper building and doorway. They stopped outside the sliding door, and Neji raised his hand to signal Naruto to stop. They had agreed that from this point on, Naruto would need to face Hiashi alone. He met the determined blue eyes for a moment, and then faced the door. He knocked on the wood frame before them-and then Neji vanished from Naruto's side.

Naruto remained standing calmly to all outward appearances as the door was slid open-remained still and outwardly calm as his blue eyes met pale white. For a moment neither spoke, and it was impossible to tell if Hyuga Hiashi was surprised at the young man's appearance.

"Hiashi-san, I have a request."

The older man remained still and silent for a moment, but then turned and led the way into the room, motioning for Naruto to take a seat on a floor cushion. Hiashi settled himself at his desk and waited.

Naruto froze for but a moment, then began. "Hiashi-san, I have been seeing your daughter, Hinata, for over two years now and I would like to ask your permission…"

"My permission?" The Hyuga clan asked in a rather unrelenting tone.

Inwardly, Naruto frowned. "Permission to marry Hinata."

Silence filled the room. Cold, calculating, hostile silence that caused Naruto to tense, waiting for the attack that was sure to come.

"No. You are not fit for the heir of Hyuga." Hiashi stated flatly and then rose to leave through a door other then the one Naruto had entered. He stopped, turning to look at the young man staring at him in what could only be horror. "Leave the premise immediately and never return. Is that clear?"

Naruto's emotions blazed, his eyes darkened in anger, and the air began to shift and swirl around him as power began to build. "What right do you have to say- that I'm not fit?!" Naruto all but growled out, his muscles tense and ready to lash out at the first opportunity.

Hiashi met his glare, "I am the head of the Hyuga clan and her father. That is my right-You are banned from the Hyuga estate Uzumaki Naruto, be thankful I have tolerated you this long."

Naruto glared furiously and rose to his feet unflinching as his chakara exploded around him, shredding paper-thin walls on all sides of the room-then he was gone.

Hiashi turned to survey the room, frowning at the mess that was his office. However there was no time for that, he had much work to do in the next few hours. He knew that Naruto was not likely to give up so easily.

********

Neji cursed as he sensed Naruto's power flare. So Hiashi had been foolish enough to deny him. There was no time to waste. Naruto wouldn't be thinking clearly unless someone made him think things through. He took off after Naruto, ignoring the surprised look several other members of the Hyuga gave him as he blurred past. Just outside the compound he spotted Naruto vanishing into the distance. Damn he's fast…

"Hyuga!" Neji paused, spotting Sasuke coming towards him over the roofs from the opposite direction.

"Uchiha-Go after Naruto. Hiashi was foolish enough to tell him no."

"Kuso," and then Sasuke was gone, another dark blur fading into the distance. Neji relaxed slightly once he was gone. He had no doubts that he would have been able to get through to Naruto eventually, but it would have taken awhile. Sasuke on the other hand would have Naruto thinking things through much more quickly. Glancing around he then set off to find the others. It was time to gather those that had volunteered for plan B.

*********

Hinata found herself laughing as Ino continued to tell stories about her teammates antics. They had all remained rather close over the years, the 'Rookie Nine' as they had been called back during the days of that first Chuunin exam, despite the fact that they had rose in the ranks of shinobi at different paces, they had still remained close to their teammates. Sakura was about to jump in with a story of her own, when a voice calling Hinata's name drew there attention. By the time they spotted the owner of the voice the Hyuga clan member had reached the table the three girls were sitting at.

"Hinata-sama, Hiashi-sama has requested your presence at home immediately."

Hinata frowned, looking puzzled for a moment, what could her father want? He and her mother knew that she was out with Ino and Sakura for the day…"I will be along shortly, thank you Tsukai-san."

"I'm sorry Hinata-sama, but I was ordered to escort you back immediately."

Hinata blinked in surprise.

"It's all right Hinata-chan, go on home. We'll see you tomorrow for training." Sakura told her and smiled.

Hinata looked from Sakura to Ino, noticing that both seemed fine with her sudden need to leave. "All right then, see you tomorrow." And with that she set off with her Hyuga companion.

*********

"Naruto stop running Damnit!" Sasuke shouted as he raced across the forest floor, trying to keep his blond friend in sight. Seconds later he was dodging a hard fist to his face. That first attack led to a flurry of attacks, dodges, and near hits. Sasuke growled as he was forced to use his Sharingan in order to block the rapid paced attacks.

"Damnit Naruto! Would you stop reacting and just THINK!" Sasuke shouted as he managed to sneak past his friends guard and send him flying into a tree trunk. Naruto only growled and launched forward once more, renewing the rapid paced movements of attack, block, and counter over and over.

"Why?!" Naruto growled, refusing to give up the fight. "Why Am I not good enough?!"

Sasuke grunted, "You are!" He answered as he dodged a kick aimed for his ribs, and countered with a combination move.

"Then WHY!?!"

This time, Sasuke saw the tears leaking from Naruto's eyes. Sasuke pulled back his attack, landing a few feet away and panting heavily. Naruto staring at him, the few drops of water clinging to the corners of his eyes, his fists clenched.

"He's a fool. Just like all the other adults who underestimate you."

Naruto cursed and whirled throwing an open palmed hand at the nearest tree. There was a loud crack as the oak trunk was ripped in two, shredded by one of Naruto's most powerful attacks.

Sasuke relaxed, knowing that Naruto was finally calming down. He eyed the blonde's kimono and sighed. The fabric was covered in rips and tears, Sasuke shook his head. "Neji is gathering the others. Are you still planning on going in full armor?"

Naruto nodded as he turned to face him. "Sasuke… thank you."

"Che. Dobe. Come on, lets get you cleaned up. You're a mess."

*********

Hinata stared at her father in surprise as he led her to her room, and then once she was inside, turned to face her.

"You are to have no more dealings with Uzumaki Naruto and are to remain in your room until I say otherwise. The entire clan has been put on alert for the event of you're leaving or him coming. Do I make myself clear?" Hiashi told her his voice stern and unwavering.

Hinata stood dumbfounded, "I don't understand…why…"

"You are not just some shinobi, you are my daughter and heir of the Hyuga clan. You will do as you are told. I have put up with your dalliances long enough. Do not try to escape you're fate." Without giving her further chance to respond he turned and left her room, closing the sliding door with a sharp clack as he left.

Hinata sunk to the floor in shock, confusion, disbelief and heartbreak swimming across her face. She didn't understand it, her father had never seemed to care that she was with Naruto before, in fact she could have sworn he had approved but now…

"Naruto-kun…" She breathed out as tears began to silently stream down her face. What would they do?

*********

Eight fully armored shinobi stood clustered around the small kitchen table of Naruto's apartment, their eyes focused on the map of the Hyuga estate.

"Hinata-sama is being kept in her room under house arrest-which is here. Since the estate has been put under alert, there are regular patrols, but no way of knowing exactly where they will be until we get there. Hanabi-sama will have Hinata ready to move, we just have to get to her without being caught. It would be best to disable as many of the other clan members as possible before we try to move out." Neji explained as he pointed out what were sure to be trouble spots.

Shikamaru frowned as he studied the map, and then nodded. "We'll use a V formation, Naruto will take point, flanked by Sasuke and Neji. Following Sasuke will be Kiba and Shino, following Neji will be Lee, myself and then Chouji. As we enter the estate Naruto should create a large number of clones to both distract and lead the Hyuga members to where they can be disabled. The back members of the point break off, securing the escape route. As Naruto returns with Hinata, we rejoin him and reform the V-Sasuke and Neji move to take back point then. Any questions?

"Yeah, where are we in formation?"

The eight already present turned to spot three more figures. Shikamaru sighed, "How troublesome."

"Sakura-chan…" Naruto said softly, surprised to see her there-and she was armed for a fight as well.

"We're going to. After all Hinata is our close friend." Sakura responded as she moved in to peak over shoulders and study the map, Ino and Tenten following. "Hanabi is likely to join at the point where you break out Hinata. We got a message from her earlier-they'll be ready for us."

Shikamaru studied the grounds for a few moments longer and then nodded. "Sakura and Tenten take points behind Sasuke and Neji, but between Kiba and Lee. Ino and I will follow behind them, Chouji move up behind Lee and to my right."

Naruto nodded. "We move at sunset."

**********

Hinata let out a muffled shriek as she flopped onto her futon in frustration. After her fourth attempt at sneaking off the estate on her own, her father had settled on setting a guard at her bedroom door and in the adjoining courtyard. There was no way she'd be able to sneak out on her own now. So she had paced, and muttered and thrown kunai at the walls-only to have them casually tossed back to her. And now she was beginning to feel truly hopeless… and she still had no idea why her father had suddenly decided to take such a sour interest in her relationship with Naruto. She could have sworn just two days ago that there had been begrudging approval in her seeing him… but now… she sighed.

She turned her head as the sounds of a fight reached her ears… What's going on… A soft tapping at her door turned her attention away from the window and the noises outside to see Hanabi slide the door open and then enter.

"Hanabi-"

"Shh. I've dealt with the guard, but we mustn't call attention to you or this room yet. Naruto is on his way." Her younger sister told her as she moved to Hinata's closet, sliding open the paper panel and pulling out two full packs.

Hinata gaped and then her eyes lit up. "Naruto's coming!?"

Hanabi nodded as then handed one of the packs to Hinata and pulled the other one on herself. "Be ready."

"Bu why are you…"

"I'm leaving as well. Sakura-chan already said I could stay at her place. I think Neji is staying with Tenten."

Hinata looked puzzled, "But Father…"

"None of us agree with what Father did today…We're all behind you on this Hinata-neechan."

Hinata stood surprised for a moment and then smiled.

**********

They entered the estate like a fleeting shadow, moving quickly, silently and without sound. They were elite shinobi, and they were determined. The first set of patrol guards were spotted and immediately Shino and Chouji broke off from the tail points and set to work. Simultaneously the entire team was surrounded by a surge of Naruto's each one in full armor, each one appearing armed to the teeth. The clones broke off heading in various directions-moments later shouts were heard. The alarm had been sounded.

Moments later Ino and Shikamaru dropped back as one, the rest surging forward as the sounds of a fight followed after. They moved quicker, the first set of buildings reached, Kiba and Lee fell back. Naruto glanced back once, but then continued forward, creating another batch of clones and sending them out. More shouts reached their ears. Within moments Sakura and Tenten dropped from the formation and the remaining three breached the gates surrounding the building that housed the main family. First Neji, and then Sasuke broke off leaving Naruto on his own as they took on Hyuga clan members, occasionally assisted by one or more of the Naruto-Clones now overrunning the Hyuga estate.

With a chakara enhanced leap, Naruto landed on the second-floor balcony, and then ran towards a window marked by the slumped form of a Hyuga. Naruto froze just outside the window and then moved to the side tapping lightly in a code that either of the Hyuga girls would recognize. Before he could blink the shutters were pulled open and Hinata leapt out of the window immediately crushing Naruto in a tight hug.

"Naruto-kun!" Before the somewhat surprised blond could respond Hinata caught his lips with hers. Naruto's arms immediately snaked around her waist pulling her close to him.

"As sickenly cute as the two of you are-we do have to get going." Hanabi stated dryly as she dropped out of the window to land soundlessly on the wood flooring.

The pair broke apart, but smiled brightly at one another. "Right. I'll be taking point and the others will rejoin us in a V formation as he head out."

"Others?" Hinata asked surprised. Naruto just turned and gave her a big fox-grin.

"Let's go." Naruto stated and then he leapt, Hinata and Hanabi only seconds behind him, and at the signs of fighting, Byakkugan were activated. In moments they exited the Main House gates, Neji and Sasuke taking positions behind Hinata and Hanabi respectively. Three Clan Members ran towards them from a path between two buildings.

"Naruto we don't have time to deal with them…" Sasuke stated as he leapt over an unconscious form and then fanned out as Sakura and Tenten leapt down from a roof and rejoined the formation taking position behind Hinata and Hanabi, but between the Neji and Sasuke once more. Naruto nodded and in a moment half a dozen clones ran in from various directions cutting off the Hyuga from the group. They continued running, spotting Kiba and Lee just ahead surrounded by several Hyuga. Naruto charged forward without a warning and in seconds the Hyuga that had been fighting Kiba and Lee were unconscious-Kiba and Lee had taken positions on either side of Sakura and Tenten, Neji and Sasuke falling behind them.

Ino and Shikamaru melted out of the shadows only paces later to fall in place behind Sakura and Tenten.

"Everything has been running smoothly." Shikamaru reported, "However there has been no sign of Hiashi yet." Naruto only nodded. He had a feeling he knew where the Clan head would be.

The estate gate was in sight when Chouji and Shino rejoined the formation, a complete V now in flight. There was only one obstacle left between them and escape into the rest of Konoha. Naruto came to a stop five feet away from Hiashi Hyuga. He sensed Hinata and the other Hyuga in his team tensing ever so slightly. "Let us pass old man… you can't keep her or the others from leaving with us.

Hiashi remained silent, his white eyes remaining calm-without the Byakkugan activated. His eyes scanned the group slowly, noting both members of his eldest daughters Genin team. Then he spotted near them came another of the teams from that same graduating class-A tactical genius among their ranks. He was surprised for a moment as he spotted Neji and his team... but he kept the surprise hidden from his face. So it had been Neji who had escorted the boy on the estate earlier that day. His gaze traveled to the whirling red of Uchiha, and then noted the pink hair of the boys female teammate, in all it wasn't surprising that they were here. He then noted Hinata and Hanabi standing on either side of Naruto. Inwardly he was impressed. He had expected Uzumaki Naruto to make this attack on his own… but now Hiashi truly understood. It wasn't just that he was the vessel of the Kyuubi, it wasn't that he was a favored pupil of Hatake Kakashi and Jiraiya, or that the boy was obviously being groomed for succession by the Godaime. No it was his natural ability to bring others to his cause… to be a natural leader. He finally met the blazing blue gaze that were Naruto's eyes and spoke. "You once promised to change the Hyuga-I will hold you to that boy." And then he turned and walked towards the Main house. There would be a lot of work caused by this nights episode and he would rather get it over with now rather then wait for rumors to fly throughout the entire village.

Naruto's jaw dropped as he stared at the Hyuga's back.

"Naruto?" Hinata asked softly coming up and placing a hand on Naruto's arm. Naruto snapped out of his daze and then smiled. Hinata smiled back, they understood.

"Well everyone, lets go celebrate then eh?"

"Dobe." Sasuke muttered but couldn't help but smile. The group took off, heading for an unsuspecting Academy teachers residence.

**********

Laughter filled the small house as stories were told of past memories, and the events of that evening. Most of those involved had shed pieces of armor and then made themselves at home once their Academy teacher had gotten over his surprise at their sudden appearance. At first Naruto had felt a little bad for dropping in on Iruka unannounced, but they had agreed that splitting up immediately heading to their respective homes wasn't the best plan incase the Hyuga came after them. And so there they were, all happy with the success of the night's activities.

In one corner of the kitchen, slightly secluded from the rest of the excitement by the island counter, cupboards and kitchen table. Naruto and Hinata sat talking to themselves, both obviously more relaxed and happy to just be together, but Hinata had one question on her mind.

"Naruto… What happened today that Father reacted so badly to?"

Naruto laughed loudly and scratched the back of his head… "Well you see I asked him a question…"

Hinata looked at him puzzled, what question could he have possibly asked…

"Hinata…?"

Hinata forgot her train of thought. "Ha..Hai?"

"Would you marry me?"

Hinata blinked.

Laughter from the rest of the house filled the silence.

Naruto began to look nervous. "Hi…Hinata?"

Tears began to form in her eyes. Naruto began to panic.

"YES!" She suddenly shouted and then launched herself at him wrapping her arms around his neck tightly tears streaming down her cheeks and onto Naruto's shirt.

"You said yes…" Naruto whispered in shock, a grin slowly spreading on his face.

"SHE SAID YES!!!"

The rest of the house fell silent-and then cheers broke out. It would be a long and exciting night yet in Iruka's home.

*********

Jiraiya smirked as he heard the noise level increase from the brightly lit home. "Gossip will be flying in Konoha tomorrow that's for sure. Its not every day the Hyuga are bested on their own estate."

Tsunade smiled. "Good. It will do them some good, besides those two need each other and if Naruto hadn't taken matters into his own hands…"

"Big sister Tsunade to the rescue eh?"

Tsunade only smiled.

"I wonder if the wedding will be as exciting…"