Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sakura's Party ❯ Sing-off (Part 2) ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N) Hello eveyone!!! sorry! this chap took a little longer then i thought it would. But it's earlier then the other one, right? =) I had some trouble on picking the song that Hinata was going to sing. My mind just drew a blank, but after much thinking (and reviews.) I finally picked one. So I hope that you all enjoy this chap! and tell me what you think!!! THANX SO MUCH FOR THE REVIEWS!!!!

TO my Awesomely awesome reviewers:

Vospader21: Really? THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! I'm really glad that you like. and yes, I know. I'll proof read better from now on! Thanx again for the review!!! well ENJOY!!! tell me what you think!

Destenyne: lol. thanx for the advice on what she should sing. anyway, glad that you enjoyed the chap, and hope you like this one too!!! ENJOY!!!

Naruto Fan Club: Yes, poor poor little Naruto. and I don't know why he smells like daisies. Maybe it's the air freshiner? lol. anywho, thanx for reviewing and hope that you like the chap!!!

sonicrider14: Glad you like! and Thanx!!! and I know he is more of a jerk then Simon. lol. Hope you like tha chap and R&R!!!

anime4mealways: Im glad that you like it sooo much!!! and Sasuke and Sakura are my fav. couple so I like them together too. lol. And if you think that Lee is creepier now, then you thought before. That means i'm just doing my job! lol. and youre very welcome for awakining you to that fact. So here's the new chapter!! Sorry I made you wait so long!!! hope that you like it and R&R!!! ENJOY!!!

MoonStar776: Thanx!!! and I know, sorry bout that. I just really SUCK at spelling. I'll try to be more careful now, o.k? and CREEPY!!! It's Lee's pose!!! AHHH!!! (runs out of room and comes back.) I'm done now. Anyway, glad you like it. and thanx for giving my the idea for the song Hinata would sing. "This is me." was PERFECT! It really helped me to write faster. ARIGATO!!! R&R and ENJOY!!!

My Must reads: Of course Destenyne's, "Life is Lovelier the second time around." Sequel to, "Life and Love in Konoha." Both were great! and "Hinta and Naruto." Also by, Destenyne. And "Neji and Tenten: 100 love sories." By, Fennece Fox girl. I think that's it! so check those out people!

Special thanx to: MoonStar776!!! If she didn't suggest a song for Hinata, it would have taken a LONG time for me to update. Anyway, Thank you MoonStar776!!! I can't believe i didn't think of that song earlier. Again THANX!!! well on with the story!!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$


Disclaimber: *sigh* I do not and NEVER will own Naruto! see now i'm depressed. I'v said it SO many times. Oh, and I also don't own the song, "Miss Independent." By: Kelly Clarkson, or "This is me." By: Demi Lovato and Jo JOnes. WHAAA! Something else I don't own.





Sing-off! (part 2)




Last time:

"Alright, now it's Tenten's turn!" Ino said with enthusiasm.

"Can't wait." Tenten said sarcasticly.


This time:

"So what you gonna sing Ten?" asked Temari.

"I'm not quite sure yet." she said scrolling down her song list.

"Well, hurry it up!!! We don't have all day!" Ino whinned, waving her arms in the air.

"But we kinda do have all day." Temari corrected.

"Oh, you know what I mean." Ino said.

"o.k. whatever you say." Temari said sarcasticly. "crazy." she mummberled under her breath.

"What was that, dear?" Ino asked turning to Temari.

"What? I didn't say anything." Temari said like she didn't know what Ino was talking about.

"Nevermind then." Ino answerd. "So, ready yet Tenten?" Ino asked Tenten once again.

"Yeah, I think I finally descided." Tenten said looking up from her iPod.

"Good." she said while dragging Tenten to the 'stage.'

'Great I'm being dragged by a phycopath.' Tenten thought with a sigh.

"O.k. Tenten do youre best!" Ino said before going back to the other girls.

"Thanks." Tenten answered as Ino ran the other way.

Tenten then took a deep breath and looked at the 'enthusiastic' judges.

"So, what do you got for us Tenten?" Neji asked with a smirk.

"Nothing for you Hyuuga." Tenten said back with a smirk of her own.

"O.k. so what you gonna sing?" Asked Kiba.

"Ummm.....Miss Independent." Tenten answered with a finger to her chin.

"Oh, what a magnificent and youthful choice." Lee said grinning (a/n. AHHH!! my eyes!) at Tenten.

"Well, thanks. I guess." Tenten replied not sure what exactly to say.

"You can start now." Sasuke said looking a little annoyed.

"Alright, alright, jeez." Tenten said plugging in her iPod. 'jerk.' she thought as she pressed play and turned to them.

She took another deep breath, closed her eyes and listened to the music, waiting for the words to start.


/Miss independent
Miss self-sufficient
Miss keep your distance\

/Miss unafraid
Miss out of my way
Miss don't let a man interfere, no.\

/Miss on her own
Miss almost grown
Miss never let a man help her off her throne.
So, by keeping her heart protected
She'd never ever feel rejected
Little miss apprehensive
Said ooh, she fell in love.\

She then opened her eyes and her gaze met Neji's as she started the coruse.

/What is this feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open my door
Surprise...It's time
To feel what's real
What happened to Miss Independent?
No longer need to be defensive
Goodbye, old you
When love is true.\

They continued to stare at eachother as Tenten tried to focuse on the next lines that were coming up.

/Miss guarded heart
Miss play it smart
Miss if you want to use that line you better not start, no.\

/But she miscalculated
She didn't want to end up jaded
And this miss decided not to miss out on true love.
So, by changing her misconceptions
She went in a new direction
And found inside she felt a connection
She fell in love.\

/What is this feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open my door (open my door)
Surprise...It's time (yeah)
To feel what's real
What happened to Miss Independent?
No longer need to be defensive
Goodbye (goodbye), old you (oh you)
When love, when love is true.\

She then closed her eyes again as she sang the next part.

/When Miss Independent walked away
No time for love that came her way
She looked in the mirror and thought today
What happened to miss no longer afraid?
It took some time for her to see
How beautiful love could truly be
No more talk of why can't that be me
I'm so glad I finally see...\

She opened her eyes, took another breath, and finished her song

/What is this feelin' takin' over?
Thinkin' no one could open my door
Surprise (surprise), it's time (yeah)
To feel (to feel) what's real
What happened to Miss Independent?
No longer need to be defensive
Goodbye (goodbye), old you
When love, when love is true...\

"Wow! that was great Tenten." Sakura said complimenting her friend.

"Yeah, Tenten. Where did you learn to sing?" Shiba asked popping up behinde Sakura.

"Nowhere really, I just sing in the shower sometime." Tenten said scratching the back of her head.

"well, even so, that was really good." Sakura complimented again.

"Thanks." Tenten answered.

"So, judges, what did you think of Tenten's song?" Ino asked, acting all proffesional. Yeah, it wasn't really working.

"I thought it was an outstandingly, youthful proformance!" Lee said giving the good guy pose. (a/n.I should really make him stop doing that.)

"Great job!" Naruto said.

"Hn. o.k." Sasuke said in his ever so stoic tone.

"Troublesome." Shikamaru said laying his head down.

"Pretty good." Kiba said leaning back in his chair.

"It wasn't bad." Neji said plainly with his eyes closed.

Then a kuni came and almost hit one of his hands. He opened his eyesd to see Tenten with a kuni in hand, twirling it on her finger.

"After all that. I get a 'It wasn't bad.'" She said trying to imitate his voice.

"What? I was just saying what I though." Neji responded, not phased by the kuni in her hand.

"o.k. then let me show you what I thing." She said jumping towards him.

He douged and ran with Tenten hot on his heels. "Don't even try running! Get back here you little girl!!" She yelled from behind him with her kuni in the air.

"Didn't anyone ever teach you not to run with sharp objects?" Neji teased still running.

"When I get my hands on you!!!" she yelled/growled out, running fasted and her kuni still in her hand.

"Why did she get so mad?" asked Naruto whatching Neji run for his life.

"'Cause she likes him and she wanted him to compliment her on her singing." Sakura answered.

"Yeah, but it's not like he'll ever say that in front of everyone." Naruto said back.

"Well, he should!" Shiba exclaimd.

"Oh look. She got him!" Kiba said pointing at where Tenten had caught Neji. 'Ruff RUff.' Akamaru said also looking at the pair.

"Why is she holding the kuni to his girly hair?" asked Ino watching the scene in front of them.

"You don't think she's going to cut it do you?" Shiba asked.

"Nah, she wouldn't do that." Temari said, but then saw the kuni move closer to his hair. "Or at least I think she wouldn't." She added.

"Tenten, Please! Not the hair! anything, but the hair!!!" Neji said struggling to get free from her grasp.

"Are you seriousely THAT in love with youre hair?" Tenten asked.

"Yeah, so what. I take pride in my hair." Neji said. (that was REALLY gay.)

"O.k. then." She said lowering her Kuni.

Neji sighed in relife, but then he got a punch right in the face.

"Well, that should do it." She said getting up and leaving Neji on the floor.

"Is he alive?" Asked Naruto looking at Neji's body on the floor.

"Of course he is." Tenten replied. "He'll just be out for a couple minutes." she added with a grin.

"Alright, well moving on. Hinata you're up!" Ino said.

"O-oh, o.k." Hinata replied shyly

"Pick a song and lets get moving!" Ino cheered.

"Ino did you forget to take youre pill today?" asked Sakura looking at her crazy best friend.

"What are you talking about Saku? I don't take pills." She responded looking back at her friend.

"Well, then you should start taking some." Temari added looking at her.

"You guys are such nice friend's you know that?" Ino asked sarcasticely.

"Yes, we know." Replied Sakura and Temari in unison.

'grrr' Ino said starting to get mad. 'Breath Ino, breat.Don't let them get to.' she thought to herself.

"So, you done picking youre song yet Hinata?" asked Shiba looking over Hinata's shoulder.

"Y-yes." She replied looking over at Shiba.

"Like you told Sakura. Don't be nervouse, you'll do great." Shiba said with a big grin.

"Thank you." Hinata said smiling back.

"O.k. then. Let's go!" Ino said pushing Hinata closer to the 'stage' area.

"What are you going to sing for us Hinata?" asked Naruto with his goofy grin.

"T-this is M-me." Hinata sttutuerd blushing.

"Oh, cool that camp rock song?" Naruto asked.

Hinata just nobbed.

"You guy's actually WATCHED that?" Neji asked after coming out of his comma.

"And what's wrong with watching it?" Tenten asked, somehow getting behind him.

"N-nothing." Neji said, not wanting to get punched again.

"Good." Tenten siad with a smile.

"It was a good movie! You could ask Sasuke-teme. He watched it with me." Naruto said pointing at Sasuke.

Everyone looked at Naruto, then at Sasuke with total shock!.

Sasuke glared at Naruto and said, "I told you never to say that, or I would blow up Ichikura's." He said in a deadly tone.

'gulp' "Oops, I forgot!." 'hehe' Naruto said, frightened by his beast friends killer aura.

"Y-you, watched camp rock with N-naruto?" Neji said trying not to laugh.

"W-why a-are y-you laughing Neji? Y-you w-watched it w-with m-me and H-hinadi." Hinata said.

"What? and youre the one who said, 'you guys actually WATCHED that?'" Tenten exclaimd.

"You're such a hypoctie!" Yelled Shiba.

"Now, now, shouldn't we go back to the sing-off?" Neji asked trying to change the subject.

"Guy's wait. The girly hypocrite has a point. We should continue with the sing-off." Ino said, stoping them before they attacked Neji.

"Fine." Everyone said with a sigh.

"O.k. Hinata start singing." Kiba said.

"O-o.k." She said pressing play and turning to them, a bit nervouse about singing.

She closed her eyes to try and take her mind of things and listened to the music.


/I've always been the kind of girl
that hid my face
so afraid to tell the world
what I've got to say
But I have this dream
bright inside of me
I'm gonna let it show
it's time to let you know
to let you know...\

She opened her eyes and actually sung the course loudly.

/This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now,
gonna let the light shine on me
now I've found who I am
there's no way to hold it in
no more hiding who I wanna be
this is me.\

She looked down at her feet when she sung the next part.

/Do you know what it's like
to feel so in the dark
to dream about a life
where your the shining star
even though it seems
like it's too far away
I have to believe in myself
it's the only way.\

She looked up and this time met eye to eye with Naruto and blushed.

/This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
gonna let the light shine on me
now I've found who I am
there's no way to hold it in
no more hiding who I wanna be
this is me.\

Naruto then came up next to her and started to sing the guys part. (a/n.Shane, or Jo jones. w/e) He surprisingly knew all the words. She was shocked to say the least, but just went with it.

Naruto: "your the voice I hear in side my head
the reason that im singing
I need to find you
I gotta find you."

He sang, while looking at Hinata.

Naruto: "your the missin piece i need
the song in side of me."

Both: "I need to find you
I gotta find you."

Hinata: "This is real, this is me."

Both: "I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
let the light shine on me."

They were now facing eachother. (a/n. Like in the movie. If you've see it, oh well.)

Both: "now I've found who I am
there's no way to hold it in
no more hiding who I wanna be."

Hinata: "this is me."

Naruto: "your the missin piece i need
the song in side of me."

Hinata: "This is me.."

Naruto: "your the voice i hear in side my head
the reason that im singing."

Both: "now I've found who I am
there's no way to hold it in
no more hiding who I wanna be
this is me...."

And that was the end, the music stopped and they heard cheers and a couple people say, "AWESOME!" or "CUTE!" or something like that.

"That was SOOOO cute!!! Just like at the end of the movie!" Ino squealed. (a/n. like a real pig. lol.)

"WOW! Naruto, I never knew you could hit a note, let alone actually sing!" Sakura said in shock.

"Yeah, I thought you said you couldn't sing?" Kiba asked.

"No, I said, 'I don't sing.' I never said I couldn't sing." He corrected looking at them.

"Well, that was shocking. You guy's made a pretty good duet, though." Tenten added.

"And Naruto, you actually memorized the song?" Temari asked.

"Even I'm surprised by that." Shikamru said. (He actaully said something other then, 'Troublesome.' That's how shocked they were.)

"You can't even memorize a four diget locker combination! How could you remember that?" Sakura screamed.

"I liked the song and the words were easy to learn." Naruto replied with a shrugg.

They all fell down anime styl.

"O.k. judges, except Naruto, what did you think?" Ino asked after the shock faded.

"Hinata you did great!." Kiba said. 'arf arf.' Akamaru agreed. "..and Idiot, you didn't do so bad yourself." he added looking at Naruto.

"That was an exquisite preformance of youthfulness! Hinata and Naruto, you both did an amazing job!" Lee said giving that toothy grin again.

"Thanks Lee." Naruto said smiling back.

"Quiet the jugdes are talking!" Ino yelled.

"Well, sorry!" the other blonde yelled back.

"Troublesome, but surprisingly good." Shikamau said lazily.

"It was good." Neji said while folding his arms.

"Hn. o.k. Dobe, that wansn't bad." Sasuke said with no emotion.

"Oh, lody! he said more then just, 'Hn. o.k.'"said Shiba.

"gasp! You're right!" Sakura agreed.

Sasuke just sat there and glared.

"Well, in any case. Temari, you're up!" Ino said.

"Can't wait." Temari said almost as non-enthusiastcly as Tenten.





TBC.......................



(A/N) What did you think? Short I know, but not too bad right? well, hope that you liked it cuz it took time and effort. It IS 6:30 A.M. after all. (yawn) anyhow, hope that you all liked it!! R&R!!! Oh, and before I forget. what song do you think that Temari should sing? If you have any ideas, please tell me!! well, 'till next time!!! Sayonara!!!




.