Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Sasuke's New Found Love for Sakura ❯ Getting Closer ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For the last couple of days Sasuke had been training vividly almost endlessly after Sakura’s disappearance. He would always be doing some time of exercise and takes every opportunity to spar with not only Naruto but with many of the others just to increase his strength.

“Sasuke…I…I think that’s…enough…” Naruto held his knees and panted continuously after their battle.

“No! I…must enhance my strength.. even more…” He gasped for breath between words.
‘I must be ready by the time I find Itachi or I may risk Sakura’s life even further.’ Somehow, Naruto knew what Sasuke was worrying about. The blonde took one last gasp, walked over to his partner and patted his shoulder.

“Sasuke, don’t get yourself too pumped. I promise you that we will definitely return Sakura safely and you have to be careful about all this training. Too much of this will stress your heart out and if that happens we may never get Sakura back.’ Naruto’s panting slowed down and was now breathing normally. Sasuke too had regained himself but couldn’t help flinch at his last remark. He grunted and headed towards the creek next to them to wash off his hands and face. This helped him relax from their fierce combat and began to think about his plans clearly.

‘I must find Sakura then return her safely, then I’ll be able to kill Itachi for what he’s done.’ At the though of his brother, the dark haired boy grew very worried about Sakura. ‘Damn you Itachi! Don’t you Dare Touch her!!’ He was furious and the blonde beside him knew it by the way he ripped the grass off of their roots on the ground. Then his thoughts subsided and turned to Sakura herself.

“So this is what it feels like…” he muttered while he stared at his own reflection on the water. “…to be left alone just as I had done…” Naruto didn’t know what to respond to that and he began to understand how similar Sasuke must feel to that of how Sakura felt when the Uchiha suddenly left them.

“…Sasuke-” The blonde only managed to mumble his name in return.

“It was wrong to just leave like that………” the boy went on while the blonde was surprised that he would actually admit it especially since he didn’t even mention anything about this, “..now I know how she felt…no wonder she forgot about me.” A cool breeze swept passed them causing ripples on the clear water, blurring Ssuke’s reflection. The two remained quiet for a while then went off to try to find Sakura again, this time going further. Another went by and they went even further that the last, passing through other villages and asking of any sightings of the Akatsuki. They had no luck but kept on searching. Each time they looked, Naruto could see the fiery glaze of determination in Sasuke’s eyes which completely replaced the blank look that he usually had. Even though they were tired, their bodies aching with wounds, they still went on and tried going further and further out of the Leaf Village for any sightings of Itachi.

“Ah, ..that’s enough for me. I… gotta stop ..and rest.” The Uzumaki darted for the nearest water supply which was currently a stream in the wilderness. Part of Sasuke was glad that Naruto finally decided to stop, he too was tremendously thristy and not to mention hungry as well. Both ninjas repeatedly cupped their hands in the water; drinking and rinsing. Then they leaned against a tree and stared out to the stars that claimed the midnight sky. They just sat there for a while in silence until they sensed movements somewhere around them. There was a rustle of leaves and twig snapped somewhere behind two big bushes. The two boys jumped to their feet and positioned for battle. All of a sudden a limping merchant came out of the bushes covered in wounds and blood. They ran up to the merchant before he dropped to the ground.

“Merchant, please tell us what happened to you.” Sasuke swung one of the man’s arms around his shoulder and Naruto did the same with his other arm. They settled him down against a tree and waited for his response. The man was breathing heavily and had a terrified expression chiseled on his face.

“I..was passing by a new …path to go home…then I saw these…men murdering..a man and..his wife. I…I was foolish and…watched. They caught me…and took away all my possessions….then threatened to kill me also…if I…spoke of it.” He gave a sharp gasp and began to weep. Naruto and Sasuke gave each other a look.

“Old man, tell us…what did they look like?” The Uchiha was growing a bit impatient.

“It was…very dark and they too…were wearing dark coats…patched with red figures..” Naruto thought about what he just said.

‘Dark coats. With red figures?’ He wasn’t sure if this was specific enough but when he looked back at Sasuke he was struck with a startled look.

“What more did you see of their appearance?” He gave the man a slight shake without meaning to.

“One of the men seemed to have pale, blue skin…but it might’ve been just the light, I-”

“Kisame.” The man was interrupted by the unison of the two boys.

“Thank you, sir. We will help you back to your village.” Naruto assured the man.

“Don’t let them get me, please!” He began weeping again as the two boys carried him off into the Hidden Village of the Rain. After they settled the man down into the safety of his own home, they went straight back to that same spot and began searching around if Kisame and the others were still there. They hadn’t gone too far off when all of a sudden they heard a horrifying scream from a man.

“The merchant.” Sasuke said beneath his breath and they darted back into his little home. There they found the door was knocked down, there was blood splattered on the wall but the man himself was not there. There was a kunai stuck on the living room’s wall along with a note drenched in blood.
The Akatsuki were careful not to leave any evidence by taking the man along with them and yet they left an obvious note. The two were questioning why they would do something as this until they read it.

//Your ku noichi has become very amusing to Itachi and is doing quite fine. Your older brother shall be waiting for your arrival.//

The brunette then burned the note with his own fire and shot for outside. Naruto followed him in search all about that area and he too was quite angry and was left questioning.

‘What do they mean by ‘amusing’?’ Sasuke was also wondering what that could have meant and he could only hope that it had nothing to do with her being their little ‘toy’. With this thought, their speed increased and they searched more ground, finding a few things that the Akatsuki left behind. They were getting closer and closer, sensing their presence stronger until they couldn’t go any further and stopped to rest. Now, it was not only determination and anger that clouded his eyes but also a sharp tint of hope. They were getting closer and soon they will rejoice with Sakura once again. Her laugh and smile, her whole feature was what he dreamt about that night until he was awoken with a bright stream of light that bathed his handsome figure.