Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Legacy of Fire ❯ Confessions ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author’s Note: Hey everyone! If you are still reading, I just want to thank you :D I’m excited to see where this story goes! Pleasepleasepleasseeeeeeeee REVIEW and let me know how you like it! Arigato!

*~*~*~*~*~*

Confessions

No sooner than Inoka had finished her ramen and let out a satisfied sigh, she grabbed poor Aiko by the hand and dragged her off while the noodles were still hanging out of her mouth. Her attempts at sneaking a few more noodles in were in vain as she was practically swung off her stool and expected to keep up with an over energetic friend. Helplessly flailing about, Aiko wondered why she had agreed to go along with her best friends plan. Inner Aiko also wondered what the heck possessed her to say she'd do this. She knew that her friend got carried away sometimes but this scenario was seriously getting out of hand. She couldn't take much more of this or her body would go into emotional overload and who knows what could happen then.

“WAKE UP!” Inoka screamed into her best friend's ear, leaving a twitching Aiko writhing in pain on the floor. “Oops…” was all the blonde girl had to say after noticing she actually went a bit over board on the sprinting. “Hehe…sorry about that. I guess I went over board a bit…”

“YOU WENT MORE THAN OVER BOARD!! I HAD TO DODGE PEDESTRIANS AND FRUIT CARTS! NOT TO MENTION I ALMOST GOT BEHEADED BY A SUSHI CHEF!! Oh for the LOVE OF GOD!” Aiko ran past the fence to the street where her previous meal currently decided her stomach was not the best choice to stay in.

All Inoka could do was cringe at the sounds of lurching and gagging. She sweat dropped, promptly turning around and covering her ears. Shinobi are human and not immune to the regular bodily weaknesses such as motion sickness. Mentally she commended herself that she thankfully brought along mouth wash however, she also reminded herself that Aiko must not have a very strong stomach. Oh how her plans always worked themselves out in the end.

Finally finished emptying her not-so-compliant lunch, Aiko angrily stormed out from behind the main secondary fence and over to Inoka and gave her the death glare. Handing her a small bottle of mouth wash, Aiko took a swig of it than spit it out, still trying to forget her brush with death on their earlier trek to her soon-to-be boyfriends house. “Sorry?! Is that all she has to say?! I ALMOST GOT DECAPITATED!!” Too true…

“Sorry…”

“Right… ;” Aiko said as she crossed her arms and gave a skeptical look.

“…”

“…”

“Aren't you going to press the intercom?”

“WHY ME?!”

“Because I'm hooking you up with the hottest and richest boy in all of Konoha! The least you can do is press the button!”

“Hn, fine. But he better be home.”

Aiko tensed as she walked over to the intercom. Her heart was racing faster than before and she could feel a heat slowly making its way across her cheeks. She could feel the sweat forming on her brow as her mind raced in a million different directions. Her heart was beating so loud she could hear it and it felt like it was going to explode out of her chest cavity. As her heart raced faster and faster, her finger got closer and closer to the button. She decided it was now or never, she had to take a risk. Closing her eyes and taking a deep, calming breath to silence the sound of her own heart in her ears, she pressed the small red button. Silence. Then on the other end of the line she heard his mom answer.

“Hello?”

“Uh…um…i-i s Kenshirou there?”

“Oh hello Aiko. Yes he's here, come in and I'll go get him for you.”

“Um, It's quite alright but I can wait here.”

“Alright then, wait right there.”

The intercom clicked off and the enormous iron gates to the front of the Mansion Compound opened. Every time she came she always stood in awe of the gorgeous main house and the numerous other houses that were equally as ornate and beautiful. It wasn't like she herself didn't live in a large home either but this was different. This was his home. Her knight in shining armor’s home. The one with the big front gates, training area equipped with anything you could imagine, and the most beautiful tea garden she had ever seen. She was getting the butterflies already. Pardon the pun.

“Haah…the perfect home for the most perfect guy…One day, I'll live here too…”

“CHA! WE'LL BE LIVING IN THAT HOME AND BE GETTING IT ON WITH THE HOTTEST GUY IN KONOHA!”

“Yeah…getting it on…WAIT! EH! EH! TOO DIRTY!”

“Well…at least not yet…”

“Like hell you're not going to make me fall flat on my face after those images!”
she retorted to inner Aiko as images of Kenshirou glistening in sweat and shirtless appeared in her mind. Unfortunately, she couldn't help but turn red as she replayed those images of Kenshirou taking off his shirt and giving her bedroom eyes.

“Sooo hot…so sexy… *drool*”

Just then she was snapped out of her conversation when she felt Inoka shaking her like a rag doll. Some things never change.

“Wake up! He's coming!” she whispered to her pink haired friend, pointing at the handsome figure who was clad in a traditional navy and gold piped, changshan*.
 
“Hey Aiko, Inoka! What's up?”

“Oh hi Kenshirou, Aiko here has something to ask you. Um uh… my big brother Sei is coming home today so I gotta get going. See you girl!” Inoka hurridly said, pivoting quickly and giving a curt nod and waving goodbye before heading out towards the main gate.

Aiko looked in sheer disbelief. Her best friend had run off in her time of need. She had heard of the wing girl but flying out without establishing a plan…She watched her bound out the gates of the mansion and then she saw her climb up on the stoned wall and give her a thumbs up before disappearing. “So Aiko…what do you need to tell me?” he asked with sincerity, once again with a smile that could make any girl's heart turn to mush. Apparently it also made one's brain turn to mush as well.

She could hear her heartbeat in her head again. And she was pretty sure he could hear it too. But she was lost in those milky white pools of his they call eyes. She almost felt like drooling…oops, never mind…she was. Inside her mind, Inner Aiko was struggling to be patient as Aiko struggled to make conversation.

Damn IT! GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME GIRL! MAKE CONVERSATION! She yelled, flailing her arms about.

I'M TRYING! Let's see: weather-no, dreams-too freaky, special abilities- boring, …I know!

“Soo..Kenshirou…wanna go train for a while out by the river?” Aiko said demurely, placing her hands behind her back like a love struck school girl. She felt like squealing like one too.

He looked at her and a smile began to grow on his face. He felt genuinely happy that she would want to go and spar with him. But then again it was a bit odd. No one ever asked anyone else to go spar, it just sort of happened. However, he was never one to complain he simply nodded yes.

Aiko was overjoyed. She wanted to run around all of Konoha and announce to the world that she, Aiko Uzumaki, loved the handsomest guy in Fire Country. She was in love with Kenshirou Hyuuga, a master of weaponry and fuinjutsu along with the art of Gentle Fist. On cloud nine, she could feel her heart swell up like a balloon as she happily bounded out of the Hyuuga Complex. Kenshirou simply looked at her and figured she was having a good day. And he also had decided since she was in such a good mood, maybe it was a good time to tell her something he had been putting off the past few months.

“Hurry up slowpoke! I'll beat you to the river then I'll beat you in a training session!” Aiko raced ahead of him, her infamous toothy smile leading the way. Deciding today he was going to tell her, he might as well enjoy the time before hand and work out the nervous feeling he felt building in his stomach. “I'm coming!” he said as he raced towards her with god-like speed. As they headed off to the training grounds, neither knew the other was contemplating the exact same thing: how to tell their feelings.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Finally reaching the training area by the river Aiko made a mad dash to the finish line as Kenshirou jumped into a nearby tree. Short of breath, Aiko fell back onto the lush grass that grew by the riverside. As she laid there, gasping for air, she marveled at Kenshirou who lounged in a nearby tree. He looked so majestic as a began to sweep past, making his chocolate bangs flutter against his forehead protector while he sat in the tree, a leg hanging down and a knew to his chin. She could feel her stomach tighten as she began to scan his figure that lurked up in that tree. She gazed at his eyes, taking in the breathtaking sight of how unique his eyes were. Lowering her gaze she carefully studied the way the muscles of his arms flexed beneath the bindings as he brushed away the leaves that had nestled themselves in his long brown hair.

He was perfect.

She could never get enough of him.

As her study of him continued, he began to drink up the sight of her as well.

She was the perfect woman; strong, intelligent, determined, and most of all, beautiful. He carefully watched her from his perch in the tree. He felt his heart skip a beat when he noticed the way she looked so peaceful lying in the grass. Watching her chest rise and fall, he paid close attention to the way her vest fell away from her body, teasing him with exposing more and more of her flesh. He was entranced as he saw her wipe away the strands of her pink hair that clung to her brow and the way her lips slightly opened as she breathed. He could never get enough of her, never enough of her angelic blue eyes that could become so deadly when the situation arose.
 
She was perfect.

He had to tell her how he felt.

She had to tell him how she felt.


As the minutes passed by Kenshirou quietly bounded down from his spot on the tree and sat down next to Aiko on the evergreen grass. Slowly opening her eyes she looked towards him and sat up, lifting one knee up to rest her head on. “It's so peaceful isn't it?” He asked, turning his head to stare at her. Turning to him, she felt embarrassed under his questioning gaze, so much so her cheeks began to take on a slight pink tinge. She nodded and said quietly “Yeah it is. This is the only place I can truly feel free at. Without worry and…Truly Happy…” Kenshirou smiled as she spoke the last two words form the bottom of her heart. He knew she never got sentimental but then he felt the time was right to tell her.

“Aiko…”

“Hm?” She looked upon him with a genuine smile.

“I…Aiko, I…” he began nervously.

Then suddenly…he hugged her.

Tightly wrapping his arms around her, he brought her body close to his, wanting to protect her forever, to stay like that forever. He couldn’t force those words out but somehow his body acted of its own accord and had to embrace her. Perhaps it was his subconscious reminding him that his life will be short like that of all shinobi, that it could end at any moment and he may have never had a chance to tell her how special she really was to him. Whatever it was, his thoughts suddenly stopped when Aiko snuggled into his arms and laid her head upon his chest. She could hear his heartbeat, she could feel his warmth. She felt him place his head atop hers and she closed her eyes.

“Aiko…I love you”

With those words her eyes burst open and she felt her heart stop. Looking up, she looked deep into his pale eyes, pleading with him to say those words again. And he did.

“Aiko Uzumaki…I love you with all my heart and soul…”

She was entranced as he said those words to her. So entranced, she felt light headed when she was laid onto her back and saw him directly above her. For once in her life, the invincible Aiko Uzumaki felt vulnerable. He smiled as he noticed the rose colored tint her cheeks had taken on. Then he leaned forward and kissed her.

Gently he brushed his lips to hers; savoring the amazing feeling his lips were left with. Inside her body, Aiko felt an amazing spark rush throughout the inside of her body, leaving her fingers tingling. As he pulled away, she placed her hands gently on either side of his face and caressed him with her thumb. She smiled shyly and bent upwards, again bring their lips together. Only this time, innocent love was replaced with a passionate fire.

Slowly his tongue plied trough her swollen lips and rubbed against hers. Desperately wanting more of the friction he created in her mouth, she entwined her fingers in his dark hair, forcing his mouth closer to hers. Wrapping a leg around his back, she brought him closer to her. Against the sound of the river, the two exchanged moans of passion. However, completely entranced in their feverish experimentation of love, they failed to notice a suspicious pair of eyes watching them from behind the tree-line. In the life of a shinobi, losing focus of one's surroundings can be a deadly mistake.

 
 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*A changshan is a traditional outfit worn by men of the Qing Dynasty.