Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Tournament ❯ Quaterfinals first round: Mercenary vs. Assassin my venom is stronger than yours ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Chapter 9 Mercenary vs. Assassin: my venom is stronger than yours
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto and Dead or Alive
 
 
 
Christie turn on the shower the warm water hit her naked body she loved taking a shower more than anyone, a shower was always the best way for her to relax it has always giving he some peace of mind with her work relax was always important. After she wash herself with the soap she stood for a couple of minutes letting the warm water calm her soul, after relaxing she turn off the water and left the shower she dry herself with the towel and finally wrap it around her body. She went to her room to put some underwear follow by a white tank top and some black shorts, once she was done dressing she went to her living room and saw her pet panther Misha lying on her carpet playfully she patted her on the head while she purr like a playful kitten. She got seated in her couch and grab her xbox 360 wireless controller turning on the console, she grin in satisfaction seeing that ramen lover was log off after the beating she gave him in Call of Duty he won't be playing for a while. She didn't feel like playing so she turned off the console and decided to watch some television they were giving a news report on the tournament.
 
“So far the first round of the Dead or Alive five tournament has been a very exciting event for those who doesn't know what has happened in the first matches here's a recap the first match was Naruto and Zack it was great fight and…..well the outcome of the match was very shocking Naruto won the match but in a very weird way” she giggle while the camera show the match and Naruto doing the sexy jutsu while Zack fell from a nose bleed” the second match was another great fight as best friends Eliot and Kokoro collided it was an intense match but in the end Eliot was victorious, the third match was Sasuke and the drunken master Brad Wong it was very impressive the way the young newcomer defeated Brad and so Sasuke won, the fourth match was between the Tai Ji Quan genius Lei Fang and another newcomer Felipe while almost everyone in the crowd was cheering for Lei Fang it was a shock as Felipe won the match, and finally the fifth match was between the dragon Jan Lee and newcomer of Tae Won Do Tenchi it was no surprise that Jan Lee won the match so there you have it so far the fighters who are advancing to the second round are Naruto, Eliot, Sasuke, Felipe and Jan Lee who will be the next fighter to advance now tonight is the sixth match between Christie and Leon who will be the winner we'll have to find out tonight”
 
Christie turned off the television not really caring what was next she thought about her opponent and she wasn't so impressed right now there was only one person whom she had in mind her target. She vow she was going to kill her in this tournament, caught up in her thinking her cell phone rang she open it and gaze at the number which said unknown call she had a feeling who it was.
 
She pressed the talk button” yeah?”
 
“Are you having trouble killing one woman?” said the voice of an older man
“No”
 
He growl” don't you play smart ass with me it's been two tournaments and you still haven't kill her I'm paying you good money to make the job done so why haven't you kill her yet?”
 
“What's the big deal Donovan she's not interested in the company in the least so why don't you want her dead?” she said in a cool tone
 
“DON'T QUESTION MY AUTHORITY” Donovan shouted while Christie remover her cell phone from her ear she put her phone back on her ear hoping that he doesn't left her deaf
 
“It's none of your business you are an assassin you get paid to kill someone that's your job now I suggest you do your job”
 
“She's really a stepping stone blocking your path?”
 
“You have no idea I'm the owner of DOATEC…..so far but as long as she's alive she has the right to be the owner since she's Fame's daughter that's why I want her out of the picture are we clear?”
 
“Yes I understand she'll die in this tournament you have my word”
 
“I don't want your promises I want to see results do not fail me” he hang his phone
 
Christie hang her cell phone and close it and growl in disgust.
 
“Asshole”
 
She then went back to her room and change she was now wearing a black leather jacket with a black shirt that had a humanoid skull holding a British flag on the top of the skull was written Iron Maiden in red letters. She was also wearing black jeans and black boots, she really love the color black to her it symbolize night, darkness and silence. She picked her car keys and headed to the front door but not before petting Misha on the head.
 
“Be a good girl and behave and if someone breaks in you know what to do”
 
The Black Panther purr again she open the door and left the apartment, she went to the parking lot in the apartment district she got on her black jaguar and drove off. As she was driving she wasn't thinking of her target but someone else a certain mercenary who was her opponent in her upcoming match.
 
(Leon tonight you will taste my venom)
 
 
In another part of town Naruto and Sasuke were heading to Sakura's apartment she invited them to have breakfast with her. They just left the arcade and Sasuke wasn't happy he lost to the blond badly while playing Tekken 5 he never knew he was so good in the game. Naruto on the other hand was smirking he felt proud to give the Uchiha one hell of a beating he was very happy his training with Tina playing Tekken 5 pay off after all. Sasuke then thought about Sakura he has known her for a long time and getting an invitation from her to eat breakfast is very rare coming from her. But when he thought about it the reason was quite obvious she was very happy she has told him that she was working on an antique shop who belongs to Ryu Hayabusa he had to smirk at her luck for working at the same place you're crush works. He looked back at Naruto who was clueless at the situation since he hasn't told him about Sakura's crush with the super ninja, he also promised Sakura he wasn't going to say anything to him so Naruto will have to find out on his own.
 
“Man I can't believe Sakurachan invite us to breakfast I can't wait” Naruto said in his usual cheering tone
 
(Gee I wonder why?) Sasuke thought sarcastic
 
 
Sakura was finishing cooking breakfast she was just too happy that she could sing for a whole day and never got tire. She giggle as she serve the plates to the table her life couldn't possibly get any better, ever since she started working in Ryu's antique shop her life took a step from normal to super. Working with Ryu was amazing he was very knowledgeable about every antique in his shop he told her about the legends and stories about the relics he has in display and she was very happy to know about it. Every time he told her about the antiques she stares at him with admiration while her heart beat faster not to mention getting nose bleeds while checking his body. She giggle like a school girl as she finish serving the plates on the table, she heard knocking on her door she immediately new it was her teammates she open the door and greeted them while giving them a big hug.
 
“I'm glad you guys made it now come on don't want to keep the food to get cold”
 
“Sakurachan you seem to be very happy today” Naruto said while seating on the table
 
She laugh” why of course Naruto it's a beautiful day”
 
(Yeah right) Sasuke thought
 
Naruto grew a little disappointed when he saw breakfast scramble eggs with toast and bacon.
 
“Sakurachan this looks good” he said in a disappointing tone
 
Sakura notices his tone of voice” Naruto were you expecting to eat ramen for breakfast for crying out loud stop eating so much ramen you're brain is going to turn into ramen”
 
Sasuke sweat dropped (I think his brain is already a bowl of ramen)
 
Naruto scratch the back of his head” I guess it's good to eat something different every once in a while”
 
“Exactly now dig in you two” Sakura said cheery while giving them a fork and a knife
 
The three started eating Naruto gave a big smile
 
“Wow Sakurachan this is delicious”
 
She blush” thank you Naruto Hitomisan gave me the recipe I was very happy to make it what about you Sasukekun is it good?”
 
Sasuke nodded while eating his scramble eggs” yeah it's very good” he then smirk” so Sakura how is it been working at the antique shop?”
 
Naruto stop eating his scramble eggs as he took a bite of his toast he then look at Sakura who had her face red.
 
Sakura clear her throat” yes it's been great working at the shop thanks for asking Sasukekun” she finish the last part glaring at the Uchiha
 
Sasuke smirk again” did you saw anything good in the shop?”
 
She gritted her teeth like sharpening a sword trough a sharpening stone she blush hard while thinking of ways to kill a certain Uchiha” well it's an antique shop Sasukekun there are lots of good and interesting items there” she glare at him while Naruto was still clueless of the situation
 
Sasuke grin” I know but did you found someone good in the shop?”
 
Naruto was more confuse but Sakura was about to blow like a volcano
 
(THAT'S IT) inner Sakura shouted in rage
 
She got up from her seat and marched towards her two friends, both Naruto and Sasuke's eyes widened in pure horror they know very well the consequences of making Sakura angry pure chaos.
 
WHAM
 
BAM
 
Sakura smack Naruto and Sasuke on their head and threw them outside of her apartment like garbage bags the two had huge lumps on the top of their head.
 
“AND STAY OUT SEE IF I EVER INVITE YOU TWO FOR BREAKFAST AGAIN” she shouted in anger as she slam the door and walk while yelling jerks
 
(Okay maybe I had that coming) Sasuke thought as he got up
 
“Ouch why the hell did she hit me I didn't do nothing” Naruto whine while rubbing his lump he gave the sad puppy eyes” and I didn't got to taste the bacon”
 
Sasuke sweat dropped” you still have no idea about it don't you?”
 
Naruto look puzzle” about what?”
 
He sweat dropped again (why do I even bother?)” never mind you're on your own to find out” he then left
 
“Find out about what?” Naruto said while following him
 
Sasuke sighed (and to think he has two girls after him) he then thought about another thing (tonight is that match between Christie and that guy Leon at Tokyo mall it's worth seeing)
 
 
Leon was near the shooting gallery(he's wearing costume 2 from DOA3) he pick up his cell phone and dial a number, after a few minutes someone answer it.
 
“It's me” Leon said
 
The man gasp” I told you not to call me on this number”
 
“I apologize but I must speak to you its urgent”
 
“Did you find Bayman?” the older man said
 
“No he was staying at a inn not too far from here but he suddenly left and I haven't heard anything from him I don't have any leads on his whereabouts”
 
“Damn him he's always one step ahead I know him too well he's planning to make his move find him I'm paying you a lot when you find him and kill him”
 
“Yes Donovan sir”
 
Leon hang his cell phone (he's scare for his life Bayman wants to kill him badly)
 
He went inside the shooting gallery and went to the front desk he showed his id permit to have a gun, the attendant gave him a head set and a limited supply of ammo. He took them and went to the shooting gallery, when he enter he saw a few people shooting the targets practicing their shooting skills. He went to his assigned station and prepare his gun ready to shoot the incoming targets, before he fire his gun the targets next to him were shot down in mere seconds he notice that they were all hit in the center a perfect shot. He new that there was only one person with such accuracy a person who will get a perfect kill he left his station and to the next one next to his and saw Christie she fire her gun with great speed and hit all of the targets right in the center. Leon wasn't impressed she was a good assassin next to Bayman in his book, Christie notice and gaze at him with a glare that could make any person run for their lives.
 
“What do you want?” she said in her usual cold tone
 
“I'm not surprise to see you here so how about if you could answer me a question?”
 
“Are you giving up on our match because it's a wise decision you don't stand a chance against me?” she gave him another glare
 
Leon growl in anger” insolent twerp I won't do such nonsense I'm looking forward to our match but I came here to ask you a simple question one which I believe you can answer me”
 
“Forget it I'm not in the cooperative mood to answer your question so if you're done leave and get out of my sight” she continue to shoot the targets
 
Leon got pissed he was about to punch her lights out when suddenly he was caught in surprise as Christie took a pocket knife and she was pointing it between his leg to his male reproductive organ, he remain calm but in his brain he was scare she grin wickedly at him.
 
`If you don't want to lose your little friend down there then I suggest you leave NOW or else” she pressed her knife on his groin making him flinch in pain
 
Leon was more piss but he let it slide he started laughing while Christie stare at him with a raise eyebrow.
 
“What's so damn funny?” she spat
 
Leon stop laughing” of course what was I thinking I can't ask an assassin to be cooperative with me in a formal way then how about a challenge instead?”
 
Christie raised an eyebrow she was still holding Leon's groin as a hostage with her pocket knife.
 
“Challenge?”
 
Leon nodded as he looked to the shooting range” a shooting challenge”
 
Christie smirk” go ahead I'm listening”
 
“If I win you will answer me what I want to know”
 
“And if I win?” Christie said in high interest
 
“Well that will depend what you decided I don't care what it is”
 
She grin as she finally let go of his groin she put down her knife” I accept your challenge but I will name the terms”
 
“As you wish”
 
“First one who can shoot a hundred targets in the fastest time wins oh and if I win you will give up from our match deal?”
 
Leon growl he tighten his fist” you can't be serious”
 
“I'm deadly serious either way you have no choice but to accept” she grin evilly
 
“Fine I accept your terms”
 
“Good then let's start our match”
 
He nodded and went to his station he put on his head gear, Christie program the computer so a hundred targets appear the front screen display the time and the number of targets hit.
 
“Are you ready?” Leon said while preparing his gun
 
“I should be the one asking you that” Christie said in amusement
 
As soon as the targets appear the two fired their guns hitting every target that came into view both were quick and it look like they were equally good, their competition was attracting the few people present in the shooting range. After a while of shooting targets time was up and the results were shown, Christie destroy a hundred targets in fifteen seconds while Leon shot a hundred targets in twenty seven seconds. Leon growl he couldn't believe he lost the people gather were cheering at Christie while she smirk in victory, the people left and she went to him while Leon look like he wanted to punch somebody.
 
“I win Leon and what do you know twenty seven seconds is that how long you can kill someone too bad learn your place” she said in a mocking tone
 
“I suppose I will have to give up in our match?” Leon said angry
 
Christie smile it was a rare smile coming from an assassin” don't worry Leon I was just kidding you don't have to give up because…..” she gave him a cold glare her crystal blue eyes were showing no emotion whatsoever” I'm going to kill you” she then left
 
Leon was very upset he was only thinking about killing her (that bitch how dare she make a mockery of me I swear I will kill her)
 
He left upset thinking of ways to kill Christie
 
Christie got back in her jaguar and drove off she was feeling bore so she decided to put some music to calm her soul, she took her Ipod and connect it to her radio she put the song Can I Play with Madness by Iron Maiden. She smirk as she drives she really love that song considering that Iron Maiden was one of her favorite bands next to Dragonforce, as she was driving she pass a elegant restaurant and she spotted a familiar figure she smirk her day was getting better and better.
 
(I'm going to enjoy this)
 
She saw her target Helena she was having some lunch with Felipe, Helena was wearing an elegant white gown while Felipe was wearing a tuxedo they were talking and laughing. Christie gave a wicked grin as she was watching with a pair of binoculars this was the perfect chance to finally fulfill her task she wasn't going to waste such an opportunity, she went to her car and open the trunk she pick up a silver briefcase and left to the closest building to the restaurant.
 
At the restaurant the two were enjoying their food until there was a silence coming from Felipe he suddenly became quiet too quiet, Helena was curious to know why he was so quiet. One minute he was telling her about his life in Spain and the next he's quiet she got worry for him and touch his hand earning a reaction as he look at her while his cheeks were blushing.
 
“What's wrong?” she said worry
 
“Oh it's nothing Helena this chicken is a little well done wouldn't you agree?” he pick the fork and try to open the chicken he order which it didn't look lie it was burn
 
Helena frown it was indeed a lame excuse” I think you can come up with a better excuse than that”
 
Felipe sighed” al right Helena there's something I've been wanting to tell you, during this tournament I got to known you and you are an amazing woman I………..” he pause when he spotted something
 
Helena was blushing she thought she heard wrong and got the idea what Felipe was trying to tell her she waited patiently to hear his complete explanation.
 
“Excuse me Helena I have to go to the bathroom I'll be right back” he got up from his seat and left the table
 
Helena sighed while blushing a little for a moment she thought he was going to tell her the question she wanted to hear for a while.
 
 
Christie was at the roof of a tall building she open her briefcase to reveal a sniper rifle she put it altogether in no time and aim it at her target Helena who was now alone in her table waiting for Felipe to come back. She aim it carefully at her until the mark was pointed at her head she grin she was going to enjoy this and finally accomplish her assignment from a long time she reach for the trigger and before she pull it off.
 
“You know it's not nice to spy on people”
 
Christie gasp as she turned around and went face to face with Felipe she threw a kick at him which he dodge and grab her in a headlock pressing her neck tightly, she curse in her mind there was nothing she could do in this position. Felipe saw the rifle and he had a pretty good idea who was aim for he growl as he lean closer to Christie's ear.
 
“Listen senorita take your toy and leave and word of advice as long as I'm with Helena you will NEVER kill her so forget about that job and find yourself a new target” he let her go
 
Christie wasn't going to give up that easily she reach for her 9mm in her leg pocket but before she took it Felipe was pointing her gun at her.
 
“Looking for this senorita it's a very nice gun now leave” he click the gun telling her he was serious
 
Christie growl in anger but she did what he told her and enter trough the exit of the rook, Felipe took the sniper rifle and follow her holding her gun. After they reach the bottom floor of the building he followed her until she went to her car and drove off but not before screaming asshole from her window.
 
“Such language” he look at the weapons he was holding” no way I'm bringing this back to the restaurant” he then saw a large trash can he slowly made his way and threw them making sure no one saw him
 
When he returned to the table Helena gave him a serious look he smile at her while getting seated on his seat.
 
“Sorry if I take so long but I did drink a lot of water” he said with a sweat dropped it was a stupid excuse
 
Helena sweat dropped at his comment” so….um….Felipe what was it that you wanted to ask me?” she said in a high anticipated tone
 
Felipe clear his throat” oh yes I just wanted to ask you if you want to take a walk with me or how about if we go to the mall you know that tonight is another match from the first round”
 
Helena sweat dropped again and she really didn't believe that was it but she still nodded, Felipe offer her his hand and she politely took it.
 
“Let's go princesa”
 
Helena smile while trying to hide the blushing from her cheeks they left the restaurant and went to the mall.
 
 
At Tokyo mall the center of the mall was crowded as they were going to watch another match of the first round the cameras were rolling and the fans were cheering expecting to see another exciting match. Naruto and Sasuke arrived and notice Sakura wasn't present looks like she was still upset with them. The crowd cheered when they saw the two fighters stepping up facing each other Christie was wearing her black clothing while Leon was wearing his army cloth. Felipe and Helena arrived in time for the match they saw the announcer stepping between the two fighters, Christie notice Helena and gave her a hard glare Helena try to ignore her while Felipe hold her hand in a conforming matter. Leon glare at Christie he was going to enjoy beating her up for the humiliation she gave him at the shooting gallery, Christie also glare at him she new what to do at the end of the match and she was going to make sure she achieve it.
 
“The sixth match of the first round it's about to begin”
 
“Bitch”
 
“Die”
 
Get ready…..FIGHT
 
Leon charge at her with a middle punch but Christie use a hold on him sending him to the ground, he got back with a head butt taking her to the ground he then open her legs and cross them using a sharpshooter on her. Christie wasn't going to become a victim before Leon use the sharpshooter on her she kick him between his legs, Leon felt on his knees feeling the tremendous pain and he wasn't the only one all of the males in the crowd flinch in pain lie they felt the pain including Naruto, Sasuke and Felipe. Christie had the upper hand now she kick him follow by a double palm strike from her She Quan stance attacking like a deadly mantis, Leon felt to the ground Christie help him back up she punch him follow by a double kick. The crowd gasp seeing that Leon was bleeding he finally got trough the pain of being kick in the groin he used an uppercut which Christie dodge easily she kick him hard on his face.
 
“Looks like you have already lost your strength so soon” Christie taunt
 
Leon growl as he threw a punch but she use a hold on him grabbing his right arm she tighten her hold on him.
 
“See your moves are too slow I never knew it was going to be this easy and to think Donovan hired you to kill Bayman you would have never had a chance against him in the first place”
 
Leon gasp” how…..did you know?”
 
“I guess that was the question you wanted to ask me back at the shooting range have I seen Bayman the answer no”
 
“I will defeat you…..I will prove to Roland that I am the strongest fighter in the world”
 
Christie laugh” you the strongest fighter in the world I never knew you were a comedian Leon I got news for you you're the weakest fighter I have ever face and a reality check for you they are fighters in this tournament who are ten times stronger than you”
 
Helena watch as Christie was playing with the mercenary she has known her for her cold and cruel nature and this was her way to humiliate her opponents especially if that person was weaker than her. Felipe was keeping an eye on Christie since the match started and he was impressed her moves were very accurate and she was quite skillful no wonder Donovan hired her to kill Helena he knew he had to do whatever it takes to protect Helena from Christie's grasp.
 
The crowd was cheering Christie's name while she grin and look at the mercenary who was in pain.
 
“Do you hear that Leon they want me to finish you off and it's time I did”
 
She let him go and kick him follow by a couple of palm strikes he felt to the ground he was beaten he was too beat up to get up or to defend himself. She grab him by his collar while taking a small pin from her jacket, Leon's eyes widened in terror he knew what she had in mind.
 
She grin evilly at him” this is my favorite way of killing my victims”
 
She put the pin on the back of his neck and stab it Leon felt a quick pain before falling to the ground, the announcer went to his side and check on him.
 
“He's dead the winner of the match is Christie”
 
WINNER
 
“How do you like the taste of my venom?”
 
Some of the people gasp but some cheer for the assassin since they have already witnesses some of her matches in past tournaments before.
 
“I don't believe it she kill him” Naruto said in awe
 
Sasuke nodded” looks like this match was already over before it even started she had this match won (she's skillful and dangerous)”
 
Christie walk out from his body and walk out from the crowd she then spotted Helena who was next to Felipe she glare at the Spanish guy but continued walking, Felipe went in front of her in a way to protect her she pass Helena like nothing happened.
 
“You'll be joining him soon”
 
Christie was finally out of view while Helena didn't look like she was afraid Felipe put a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Don't let her get to you”
 
“I know I won't be faze by her or anyone”
 
“That's the spirit how about we go take a walk?”
 
She nodded while she took his hand and left the crowd
 
 
Later at Christie' apartment
 
 
Christie was playing Call of Duty 4 she was beating the craps of all the other on line players when her cell phone rang, she pick it up and saw the unknown number again she knew it was Donovan and after what happen in her match he wasn't happy.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOU KILL MY MERCENARY”
 
“Donovan do you really think he could actually kill Bayman I defeated him with ease Bayman would have kill him with a simple sneeze”
 
“Perhaps but that doesn't give you the right to kill him now I have no one to take care of him”
 
“You have me”
 
He laugh” I guess but you haven't done your other job yet, perhaps after you kill Helena then maybe we could talk about Bayman until then you're not worthy for the job” he hang his phone
 
Christie felt like throwing her cell phone because she was piss she took her gun and pointed to her dart board on her living room wall the board had a picture of Helena she fire her gun and the bullet hit her head.
 
“Soon Helena the poison taste sweeter when the wait is over”
 
 
 
To be continued
 
 
 
Well Leon is dead I need to have a few people dead in the story since it's a rule from the tournament anyway I'm already working on the next chapter send me your reviews and comments farewell.
 
Next chapter: super strength vs. lucha libre wrestling is not fake