Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Personally, I'm sick of Sakura being the weak one so that's why she's always so strong in my fanfics (just not emotionally). She reminds me of myself, though I act more like Naruto than anyone else (ramen rules!). Um, never mind, I'm just rambling…
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
 
Red. That's all he saw… It wasn't just any red though, it was her red; her blood, and his eyes turned the exact same shade of it. The color drove him mad and he loved it. He suddenly turned on the pink-haired squad-leader, the curse engulfing him in a pool of insanity. Sakura had seen this all before and she stood her ground.
 
“Sasuke, stand down. I'm bringing you back to Konoha before you disappear forever,” she calmly stated. Sasuke paid no heed whatsoever. He wanted to see more red, not just any red, but her red. He desired to shed her blood so much that she could sense the lust around him.
 
“Sasuke, get a hold of yourself! You will accomplish nothing if you continue!” she ordered.
 
“What do you mean I will accomplish nothing? If I continue, I will see what I desire to,” he replied, walking towards her. Sakura narrowed her eyes, this was not good, but she wasn't going to let Sasuke lose himself inside the taint of evil. Sasuke was now three feet away from her when she pulled out a dagger. She was not going to use it unless he attacked first, she had always known Sasuke to sometimes get too cocky, but it was all just a bluff. That was what she was counting on. He was now one foot away and Sakura wondered why he hadn't pulled a weapon, maybe he was just getting too prideful. She couldn't have been more wrong. Sasuke was going to use his bare hands to shed her blood, tear her limb from limb. He immediately lashed out at her face, but Sakura ducked. To counter this, Sasuke provided a sweeping kick that forced her into the back of a tree. The tree splintered on impact. Sakura had no choice now; she had to use the blade.
 
“Sasuke, I didn't want to resort to this, but you leave me no choice,” she said softly picking herself up only to dodge another one of Sasuke's attacks. During this, she saw an opening and stabbed the blade into his arm. Sasuke, surprised, looked at his arm but then grab her arm while pulling the blade out. She was again kicked, harder this time, and was sent her crashing through three trees. She rebounded off one of them as she hit it and flew towards Sasuke, dagger at the ready. Sasuke stood there, waiting for the attack. It never came. Sakura had stopped in front of him, her dagger two inches from his neck. Sakura was panting heavily, sweat dripping down her face, her eyes wide in terror.
 
Stop! Please stop!
I hope you let me have more fun.
I am on a path to gain power, no matter what it takes.
Don't tell anyone about this mark. You do, and I can't forgive even you.
Stay out of my business.
Please quit. I'm afraid.
I just don't want to see you hurt.
I also want to fight you Naruto.
Next time you see him, you will tell him this…
 
Sakura wasn't even standing anymore. She had fallen to her knees clutching her head, dagger long forgotten. She was focused on one point, just looking at one spot, completely unaware of her surroundings.
 
“No, not him. Anyone but him…” she gasped. She put her fingers in her mouth and called out three shrill whistles. The whole ANBU squad had appeared in the branches of the trees. Sasuke, being distracted by what was going on, was punched forcefully in the gut by Sakura and collapsed to the ground. She nodded to two ninjas who picked him up and headed back for Konoha. She turned around as she caught the slightest hint of movement of the spot of concern. She gasped again and put her fingers to her mouth once more and called out one long, loud whistle. All the ANBU members had vanished. Naruto looked back at her before disappearing too. She had ordered them to abandon the mission and that she was going solo. Her head whipped around again at the rustle of leaves. She stood up slowly and narrowed her eyes.
 
“What are you doing here again Itachi?”
 
Author's End Note : Don't you just love cliffhangers?