Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: All right, I notice that I still have grammatical typos in my stories and I don't catch them until they're posted. I'll try as hard as I can to catch them before posting them. Also, Itachi might seem OOC, but that's understandable because I have only a vague idea on how he acts (I just know that he's really quiet). So bear with me on that and give me advice on the way he acts (I feel so embarrassed now).
~Yuugi-chan
 
P.S. xx-Tsumi-Chan-xx, please don't throw another computer at me. It was really painful. But you have to understand; I leave you at cliffhangers because you're supposed to be addicted to the story (if I stop at a boring point in the story, you won't want to read the next chapter). Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go put ice on my head where your computer landed…
 
Italics- flashbacks
 
 
 
There was no reply to Sakura's question, nor was the older Uchiha in sight.
“I know you're there Itachi!” she called out in the dark, her voice echoing off the trees. “I know your foul stench from a mile away! So come out!” He never showed himself, but he revealed his presence. Sakura looked to the right. There was Itachi completely concealed by darkness, his red eyes was all she could see. “I'll ask you again Itachi, what are you doing here?”
 
“It's been awhile, hasn't it?” he replied. “Last time I saw you, you were the sub-captain of the squad supervising a C-rank mission.” Sakura glared at him, not at all afraid of his eyes.
“And that very same day, I was put as captain because you slaughtered the last one who was leading that C-ranked mission,” she replied coldly. She knew she was the only one who could talk back to Itachi without being dismembered before you even finished your sentence. “You still haven't answered my question,” she stated.
“Why should I have to? I'm here for no particular reason except for checking up on my blooming flower.”
“Since when was I ever yours? Just because you caught me in Akatsuki territory when I first joined ANBU at fifteen, does not give you the right to claim ownership over me.”
“You do know that you are indebted to me. If it wasn't for me the Akatsuki would have killed you.”
“And you only fed me so you wouldn't have to look at skin and bones.” There was a long pause before the silence was broken.
“That may be so, but I don't have the time to discuss such trivial matters. More importantly, why didn't you tell him?”
Next time you see him you will tell him this…
Sakura tensed and carefully chose her next words. It was never a good sign when Itachi spoke more than one sentence within the span of five hours. He was getting impatient. “If you want him to know that badly, tell him yourself.” Itachi glared at her, making her body become frozen by paralysis. Sakura was losing her composure. “Fine, I didn't get the time and he's not in the best of moods, especially now.” Itachi released the hold.
“Next time we meet, you will have told him,” he said as he turned around and walked away.
“Why?” Sakura said to herself. “Why is this happening to me?” She leapt up and landed on a tree. As she made her way back to Konoha, the elder Uchiha's words echoed in her head.
Next time we meet, you will have told him…