Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ What are these Memories? ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I'll let you guys vote if this should be an ItaSasuSaku fic, or only SasuSaku. It's your call! Voting will end when the next chapter is posted.
-Yuugi-chan
 
P.S. Toorikosu, an ItaSasuSaku fic is an ItaSaku and SasuSaku fic. Just thought I should point that out to you.
 
P.P.S. xx-Tsumi-Chan-xx, why haven't you e-mailed me?
 
Italics-flashbacks
 
“Daijobu? Daijobu desuka?” the young ANBU member heard through her clouded senses. She tried speaking, but only a choking sound came weakly out of her parched throat. “Daijobu desuka? Daijobu?” the voice again. She opened her eyes slightly, blobs of color moving around her sand-scorched eyes. She tried to speak again, but only the choking noise resounded as before. “Damn it! How long does it take for one to get water?” the voice demanded.
“I don't think that this is a very wise decision,” another blob of color stated. The first blob grabbed the second blob by the throat. A strangling noise came from the second blob.
“Are you questioning my authority?” the first blob hissed. A strangled “no” came from the second blob. “I thought so,” the first blob stated, dropping the second blob on the ground in a heap.
Suddenly there was a loud splash as the pink-haired ANBU member was drenched in freezing water. It did its job though. She coughed the sand out of her throat rather sloppily, but she didn't care right at the moment. Tears came and washed out the sand in her eyes. The girl weakly tried propping herself up on her elbows, but immediately fell back to the ground. Wet hair was sticking on the front of her face, but she was too weak and lacking of fluids to brush them away with a hand. Turns out she didn't have to. The first blob did it for her. Her eyes adjusted when the blob took his hand away. It was Itachi, Kisame standing off away from him rubbing his neck where he was recently strangled. A rush of adrenaline surged through her, giving her just enough strength to lash out a hand at the Uchiha, hoping to scratch him. He grabbed her wrist and gave her an amused look.
“This one seems to fight like a cornered animal. Don't you agree Itachi-sama?” the shark-man questioned.
“Aa,” Itachi muttered. The typical Uchiha answer. He turned his attention back to the girl. “Your name?”
She bared her teeth at him. Smack! She felt a hand land swiftly on her cheek, leaving a stinging pain behind.
“I'll ask you again. What is your name?” The girl coughed before replying.
“And I'll say it again. Go to hell!”
Smack! The missing-nin glared at her. She averted her eyes away from his gaze, a sign saying that he's the superior one.
“Sakura. Haruno Sakura,” she reluctantly replied.
“You know my brother?”
“No.” He grabbed her chin with his forefinger and thumb.
“I don't like being lied to.”
“Oh, I always keep my word. Meaning that I will poke your treasured eyes out if you don't stop looking at me!”
“Why where you, a medic-nin, trespassing on Akatsuki territory?”
“I'd tell you if you hadn't soaked me through with cold water!”
Itachi let her go and turned around.
“Kisame!” he barked. “Get a fresh pair of clothes for this girl!”
“Uh, where? I hardly doubt that she'd fit in any of ours,” was the reply. Itachi threw a shurkien at him, landing mere centimeters from his face onto the wall.
“Then ask the women you fool!” Kisame hastily nodded and scurried out of the room.
“God,” Sakura said, “He's almost as big of an idiot as you are.” Itachi ignored the insult. They stayed in silence for a while until Kisame came running in and practically threw the clothes at the girl. Itachi left the room with Kisame.
“See me when you're done,” he stated flatly, indicating that she had no choice in the matter. The door closed behind him.
Sakura picked up the clothes. They were a little big, but she didn't care, just as long as they didn't fall off. It was a typical ninja uniform, so she had little trouble with it. She knew Itachi was not to be trusted, so she grabbed her katana that she received when she joined ANBU, a dozen shurkiens, and six kunai. Sakura was about to leave the room until she realized the shark-man hadn't brought her any shoes. She had taken her own off outside, as they were falling apart. She sighed, dug through her bag, and grabbed bandages to wrap around her feet for at least some protection.
 
A shurkien hurdled through the air towards Itachi, but he grabbed it and flung it back. Sakura came up behind with her katana at the ready but was greeted by a shadow doppelganger. Itachi, on the other hand, had come up behind her and put a kunai to her throat.
“You need to learn some respect girl,” he said.
“Respect? What's that? I haven't had any respect since the day I was born!” she snarled back.
“That mouth with get you in trouble. Now, answer these questions. What was a medic-nin doing on Akatsuki territory?”
“I came here at my own expense.”
“Why?”
“Oh, just to get kidnapped by an S-class criminal to point a kunai at my throat, and ask me random questions.”
Itachi kept quiet. This girl had been talking back to him for a while now. Most people would have already have poured out all their secrets.
“Are you going to just stand there?”
“Are you going to try to attack me?”
“Most likely.”
“Then yes, I am going to just stand here.”
“Fine, just let me go.”
“I'll hold you to that.”
Itachi released his grip and Sakura calmly sat on the floor.
“You're not much of a medical ninja, are you?” That hit a nerve.
“Why do you presume that?”
“So far, you've shown me that your chakra control is meager and have a very low chakra capacity.”
“Chakra control my ass!” she seethed. “You want to see chakra control, then I'll give you chakra control!”