Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Wipe It Away ❯ Over The Hills ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
 
 
Chapter 5. Over The Hills
 
They watched like a hawk waiting for its prey to make a move. They mustn't follow too close else they startle their prey but they mustn't stay too far else they loose sight of their prize. It was a game of chase and a game of stealth.
 
Unknowingly to Naruto, she happily bike down road or at least as happily as she could with the oncoming headache about her identity being publicized. This is a serious problem with no simple solution. After all, Naruto Namikaze has been hidden from the world for over seventeen years.
 
As Naruto bike further down ChipsAhoy Ave the liveliness of life began to pick up. Cars were honking louder than ever, children are running around, dogs were chasing the cats, girls were giggling, boys were flexing their muscles, and venders are yelling “ON SALE TODAY! 40% OFF! COME QUICK WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!” like everyday.
 
Naruto waited along the crowd of people for the light to turn. The signal for walk came on and like a single entity the masses of people moved across.
 
“Mama, Mama. Lookie. ” The little girl in front of Naruto tugged on a woman's skirt.
 
“What honey?” The women look down at her daughter and followed her daughter's pointing.
 
“Oh dear!” The woman expression turned worry.
 
Naruto frowned and looked back. She as well as most of the pedestrians and bikers has reached the other side of the crosswalk but back toward the other side an old woman was still slowly hobbling over with the support of a crane.
 
Naruto glanced at the walk signal. There was only nine seconds left and the baa-san was barely halfway across.
 
Shit. Naruto drop her bike and sprinted towards the old lady.
 
------
 
 
Sasuke eyes soften when he saw Naruto running towards the elder. What a kindhearted person. His eyes glazed. His mind running a mile a minute conjuring up images of himself and the blonde's future live: walking the park together, holding each other hands, eating dinner together, spending time with their children, raising their children together. Hold up. Did he just think children? Preposterous. Male species can not reproduce.
 
He needs someone who can resurrect the Uchiha bloodline.
 
Sasuke's attention refocused yet looking helplessly at the blonde's determined sapphire eyes and confident steps sent Sasuke unconsciously drifting back into a dazed.
 
 
“Uh-Oh.” Konohamaru remarked from the driver seat, adjusting his sunglasses and rechecking the windows are all up and sealed. Neji too proud to duck down turned his head to the side.
 
The sound brought Sasuke back to earth in time to see Naruto right in front of them.
 
Their car was first on the middle lane.
 
Good thing Konohamaru's car had tinted windows else the silver BMW next to them on the right spot them but as required of all vehicles the front window shield is not to be tinted.
 
Just a small turn of that pretty blonde head and they will be exposed.
 
At this moment approximately fifty people were having high blood pressure on the same street.
 
To their relief Naruto was too busy leading the old lady towards safety to even spare a glance at the scores of cars a mere seven feet away.
 
---
 
“Thank you young lady.” The aged face crooked out smiling. “I knew you would be here again.”
 
“No problem!” Naruto smiled back breathing heavily, “But Obaa-san do be careful next time! What if I was not here?”
 
“Not to worry this old woman still has good sight and apatite big enough to eat a cow. Now run along.”
 
Naruto shook her head admiring this elderly person. She mounted her bike and once again pedaled away to the park and to one of her favorite destination. The ice cream stand!
 
---
 
Suigetsu choked on his water. His left arm that was hanging on the open window of his red car reflexively came in patting his chest.
 
Odd. Didn't they say that the Uzumaki Naruto was a “he”?
 
He caught glimpses of the blonde several times…afterall it's not hard to notice the number one knuckled head loudmouth of Konoha High. He himself has never associated with the blonde and he is no fan of some lame Heartthrob club. He is doing this entire tedious job just for…Suigetsu glance at the sleeping girl on the passenger seat.
Under the traffic light he was the first car on the left lane; the lane closest to where their target and the old lady were heading.
 
He didn't have to worry about Naruto spotting him. He doubted the boy ever seen him so he left his window wide opened leisurely hanging out his arm.
 
Suigetsu scanned over Naruto's form from head to toe as “he” climbs on the bike. Short hair, baggy sweater, baggy pants; all typical of what a boy would wear albeit more fashionable.
 
Sure the boy's got a pretty face though that doesn't mean he's the only pretty boy in the world. For example, he, himself is not bad looking either….
Okay fine he'll admit he's not as good looking as the Uzumaki, Uchiha, Hyuuga, Nara, Inuzuka, Aburame - oh forget it.
 
Still, the blonde has been in the same school as everyone else for nearly five years. Someone ought to know if there's some gender-bending going on.
 
“Hmph. Senile old people.”
 
The light turned green. Cars were in motion once again.
 
Nevertheless, Suigetsu did not get accepted to the best academy in the Fire Country merely because of his family background of owning a decent metal company but also because he graduated to be in the top five percent in his class.
 
Suigetsu file the information into a part of his brain.
 
---
 
Young lady.”
 
“I knew you would be here again.”
 
Kiba gulped. Uzumaki Naruto is a girl?! A female? What? How? Since when?!
 
He never doubted his hearing. His whole line of family was renowned for their highly attuned senses and what he heard was clear as someone saying it right to his ears.
 
No longer was he enjoying the natural wind like he always did, he was too shocked to even notice he went on autopilot following the red car in front of him, which coincidently followed Naruto's path.
 
Akamaru tucked his head back from the window and tilted his head towards Kiba, sniffing his distress owner.
 
“Arf Arf.”
 
---
 
“When will this end!” Sakura wailed. She looked back. “Some already dropped out of this. Disloyal bunch. ”
 
“Hey, wasn't this part of your idea? Billboard forehead. Besides it's only been 19 minutes since we left school. Though I do wish he'd hurry up so we can get this over with…. Too bad he's too poor to own a car.”
 
“Look he's entering the park.” Ino said confused. “Shouldn't he be heading home?”
 
“Maybe he's going to his tutor?”
 
“Does he even have one?”
 
“Well everybody have a private tutor.” Sakura said thinking about the dozens of tutors her mom hired. All her friends had their own private tutors too.
 
“But this is Naruto we're talking about.” Ino inputted. “Maybe he's so poor he lives in a cardboard box!”
 
“Really?” Sakura stared at the biking black and orange figure who has now dismounted and is now merely walking alongside the bike. The idea was fascinating. “I've never seen these kinds of people in real life only on TV and newspaper.”
 
There was no where else for a car to go in the park except the parking lot. Out of options the cars were forced to park and wait for their target's next course of action.
 
The parking lot quickly filled up with gleaming cars and some were force to park on the roadside.
 
The park regulars paused and stared at the stream of vehicles.
 
“If he really lives in a cardboard box then our plan will be too easy.” Sakura twirled her pink strands. “Though I'm sure as hell not getting close to it. It might contain diseases.”
 
“It is a pity but vandalizing his cardboard box house will be fun.” They giggled.
 
“…”
 
“…”
 
“…”
 
“Seriously, do you really want to destroy a near homeless boy's shelter?” Ino asked.
 
“…”
 
---
 
They watched from the side window confused as to why Naruto would enter the park. Is this where he resides? There was no housing or apartment in sight besides swings, slides, sandbox, basketball court, a tennis court, and other structures a park and playground would normally have.
 
“Are there no information on Naruto's residency?” Sasuke became increasingly befuddled. How are they to stop these crazed fangirls/fanboys from messing with Naruto's home if they don't know where it is? Hopefully, they aren't fairing any better.
 
“I have search through the school database and even conducted my own background check but everything under Naruto Uzumaki came out `unknown' except his date of birth and a small description of him someday inheriting a Ramen restaurant. His parents are unknown suggesting he was an orphan.” Neji seemed a bit confused too. “There must more it.”
 
“Same luck here. I was sure Oji-chan would know about Naruto. He has many connections but Oji-chan didn't know anything or he's not telling me.” Konohamaru muttered the last part.
 
“Hn.” Truth to be told Sasuke has research about Naruto Uzumaki the day his stomach did flip flops for `him.' Unfortunately, he only ran into a brick wall with little useful information.
 
Neji glance around noting the twenty cars that came in the same time as them. He warily scrutinized the ones that were not part of their groups. He was quite surprised to find Kiba's red convertible earlier; he had been adamant that he does not swing that way and wanted no further contact with Naruto, aside from that where was he now?
 
Neji reverted his gaze back to Naruto, his secret idol. Remembering the special day when Uzumaki pushed him and told him off.
 
Neji watched as Naruto happily approach the ice stand and pulled out his - Neji tried not to wince- green frog wallet and proceeded to take out some cash. An exotic piece of article Neji thought staring at the green wallet.
 
A golden glint in the wallet caught his eyes. So familiar...where has he seen that before. The blanking light bulb went on. Neji pulled out his own wallet and took out a similar golden card. His eyes widened, a newfound knowledge suddenly dawning him.
 
The ever observable Sasuke did not miss what Neji saw. Interesting. He is definitely more affluent than he lets on probably richer than 95% of the school's population.
 
How can he not notice this before? Sasuke thought back to the time he has seen Naruto taken out that vulgar green thing. Zip. Every time Naruto paid for school lunch he already has the exact change out ready to slap the money down and run from livid fans.
 
Just who is Naruto? Sasuke was getting more surprised by the minute. A bit upset he knows so little about this seemingly mysterious and attractive person.
 
---
 
“Arigato!” Naruto took hold of the cone, licking the vanilla and chocolate mix ice cream.
 
Taking her ice cream with her she sought an empty bench and sat down crossing her right leg over her left. She then unzipped her backpack and took out a book titled Old Souls.
 
-*-*-
Twenty minutes later…
 
A shrill scream sounded instantly waking Sakura and Ino up.
 
Sakura looked up just in time to see a red car and two black cars drove up the rocky hill which she was positive was off limit to automobiles. “What duh hell?”
 
Her mind was foggy and still in cloud nine. What is happening?
 
Why was she in Ino's car?
 
Sakura looked around and the events came crashing back. She and Ino were bickering about the best way to eliminate Naruto and they dozed off sometime between because that bastard to their immense surprised was eating and reading while they were doing physical labor! She checked the time 4:33PM.
 
Ino rubbed her eyes. “Hm…I think they just went after Naruto… Brace yourself.” Ino slammed onto the accelerator.
 
“What?!” Sakura's hand flew to the top handle. The car began to shake violently once it reached the foot of the rise. “Oh my god. Ino-pig! We we're going to hit the tree! Kyaaaaaaa--”
 
Ino swerve to the left following the car tracts. Her adrenaline instantly surging, “You know before I got my laptop, I used to love playing NASCAR on my PS2.”
 
“--Ahhhh!!!!!!”
 
Whoever screamed earlier screamed again.
 
“Call the police! Call the police!” Someone shouted. “There's drunk driving!”
 
----
 
“You sure you got this?” Neji said eyeing the youngster struggling to keep a straight face.
 
“Don't worry driving is one of my favorite hobbies. Besides; I got my license like two days ago.” Konohamaru proudly stated.
 
They were now going downhill in the rocky and grass fill hill following the red vehicle that sported many long scratches. As much fun as it is, it doesn't help that they were bouncing on their seat.
 
Sasuke merely glared upfront.
 
Fortunately the exciting downhill ride lasted no more than 3 minutes and 20 seconds. Yup he was counting.
 
---
 
Once they emerged out of the woods they were in for a big surprise.
 
It seems as if they have entered into another land. Over here was more like suburbs then a city. More nature and trees covered the land than the skyscrapers they were so used to seeing. Once in a while a car would zoom by. There was considerably less people walking around then where they had came from just several minutes ago.
 
It gave an almost peaceful feeling.
 
The only problem was Naruto and his bike was no where to be seen. Moreover, blocking their path to the road was a big black Hummer.
 
The Hummer, some of them noticed, was the same one who had gone along with them ever since Naruto has left the school gate but had disappeared when Naruto biked into the park.
 
“Hey, move! You're freaking blocking the way!” Yelled Suigetsu who rolled down his window and stuck his head out. He gave a long loud honk to back his words.
 
Just when Ino too was about to scold at whomever was blocking their path, the driver's door opened and a tall sexy black hair guy wearing a long black pant and a stylish top showing his toned abs stepped out.
 
“What's his idea…” Sakura drone out. “He looks a lot like Sasuke-kun.” Inner Sakura, Whoa! Some hot piece of meat here!
 
Ino nodded. Her saliva was dripping down.
 
“Don't.” Sasuke put a hand on Konohamaru's shoulder who unbuckled his seatbelt and was about to get out to see what the commotion ahead was about.
 
Neji stayed silent pondering how Naruto has outrun them on a bicycle and disappeared before they even reached the foot of the hill.
 
The black hair guy smiled.
 
“Hello, beast like stranger. I was merely enjoying my time with Mother Nature. I am so not sorry for blocking your path. There are no No Parking signs.” The handsome guy's smile did not falter.
 
“Whatever! Just get the **** out of the way!” Suigetsu was pissed. This guy is wasting his time! Naruto Uzumaki is probably gone far away by now. And look! His princess is waking up.
 
“I surely will. I do not wish to breathe the same air your bad breath has brought.” With that the black hair guy turned, jumped in his car, and drove away.
 
“Suigetsu-babe, what's happening?” The red hair girl on his passenger seat rubbed her eyes. “Did we get Naruto yet?”
 
“No, Karin-chan. Some wacko was blocking the way and now I've lost sight of him.”
 
Karin frowned. How can she get Sasuke-kun's ultra rare photo if they do not succeed?
 
Karin smile what she thought was seductive smile. “C'mon babe, you could do it. Remember what we've promised? That I'll give you a chance if you can prove to me you can do this?”
 
“Yes, baby.” Suigetsu smiled showing his sharp teeth. His determination renewed.
 
He's been, without success, chasing Karin for two years now and suddenly she gives him a chance to prove himself. What a great opportunity!
 
Suigetsu shift his gears to D and sped away.
 
----
 
They watched as the black hair guy and Suigetsu drove away in opposite direction.
 
“Now what?” Sakura turned to Ino.
 
“I don't know. I wonder who's in front of us.” Ino said, staring at the silver mustang in front of them.
 
“Probably one of the members.” Sakura was trying to see through the car but the window was too tinted and she only saw her reflection. The silver mustang too began to move away. “We can't just stay here. Shouldn't we follow Karin's car?” She glanced around at the unfamiliar terrain. “No way! This is still ChipsAhoy Ave!”
 
“I'm not sure following Karin will get us anywhere. I think we've all lost sight of Naruto when we came out of the hilly woods not to mention with that incident earlier…” Ino gazed off dreamily.
 
“Yeah, I guess.”
 
“Well, why don't we explore while we're here. The area seems pretty nice. Maybe somehow we'll end up finding Naruto.”
 
“Our plan failed.”
 
“Yeah, I know. Let's go do some exploration!”
 
“Fine, just don't get lost.”
 
----
 
“Now what?” Konohamaru watch as the black Hummer moved further and further away until he could see it no more. He impatiently tapped his steering wheel waiting for the light to turn green. “Do we still follow? They all probably lost Naruto nii-san.”
 
“Go straight.” Neji sounded confident enough.
 
And went straight they did. The further down the road they went more foliage opened around them and houses or more like mansions appeared. Each mansion was at least half a mile apart. They even saw a helicopter flying above one of the houses.
 
“Whoa. These are da bomb! I think they are bigger than my house!” Konohamaru stared in wonder at the number of rich houses here. He comes from a noble family so seeing larges houses was not unusual but seeing such grandiose was definitely a sight.
 
Sasuke and Neji gaped at through the windows. It was like gazing at the once a year New Year fireworks.
 
Can't believe we've been living here for nearly eighteen years and never set foot upon this place. Sasuke eyebrows furrowed slightly.
 
“Hey isn't that the car we were following earlier.” Konohamaru pointed at the black Hummer behind a tall black gate. Behind the gates was a grand three story mansion with two pillars framing the door. There were two large garages to the left of the main entrance. The back of the house was semi-dome shaped.
 
They almost jumped out of their seats when gates suddenly swung open.
 
“Go in?” Without waiting for a reply Konohamaru was already driving in.
 
Sasuke caught sight of several dozens of camera shifting no doubt tracking their movement.
 
They drove along the curve passing the an tangerine tree, a mango tree, a banana tree, a lychee tree, another fruit tree they didn't know the name of, a gardener trimming the flowers who stop and stared at them, and an impressive water fountain the image of a nine-tailed fox sprouting water from all nine tails.
 
Konohamaru parked his car next to a shiny black limo.
 
Sasuke and Neji wasted no time getting to the door.
 
Ding Dong.
 
The door engraved with sculpted leaves and birds opened.
 
“Welcome Dickless' friends.” It was the same black hair guy they saw earlier.
 
Just as they were about to punch this guy for calling them dickless- this was greatly injured their manly pride- the guy abruptly moved to the side.
 
A piece of bread zoomed by where the guy had been seconds ago and smacked Sasuke's face leaving crumbs on his cheek and on his wrinkle-less navy shirt.
 
“Sai, stop calling me that!” A voice yelled, more specifically a voice that sounded extraordinarily like Naruto's.
 
----
 
“Ooohhhhh, look at that one!” Sakura enthusiastically waved her hand at one of the mansions decorate with Greek statues.
 
“Whoa, this one is very pretty too.” Ino looked at the mansion with an amazing display of waterfalls.
 
The next mansion caught them speechless. It was a long and large beautifully built three story house. A balcony protruded from the second floor. A huge water fountain statue of a fox with many tails stood proudly in front and to the right of the house. Butterflies flew around the flowers that surround the rim of the fountain and lined the sides of the driveway. There even were several different types of fruit trees and herbs lining the sides of the yard as well as several statues of Greed Gods.
 
Upon driving closer to the gate to take a better look. They noticed that the house had vines, leaves, hieroglyphics and Sanskrit sculpted on and all over the house in a horizontal pattern. They also noticed in the rows of expensive cars including the newest hybrid out.
 
Buuuuuuuuuup. (A/N: is this how you write a honking sound? Looks like the sound you make when u take a dump…)
 
Ino looked at the rearview mirror and quickly move to the side to let the car behind her past.
 
The car turned right heading to the caller system to the house they were just ogling at. Couple seconds later the gate swung open and the car drove in. They watched as the driver got out of the car and opened the rear door.
 
A woman got out follow by another woman who was holding what seems like a pig.
 
Sakura gasp. “Tsunada-sama?! Oh my god she lives here?”
 
“Isn't Tsunada your sensei?”
 
“Yeah! She's the doctor I've been shadowing in Konoha Hospital!”
 
Ino and Sakura watched as they went enter the house. The gates opened for the car to go back out.
 
“….”
 
“Do you want go visit her?”
 
“I don't know...” Sakura gazed back at the beautiful mansion. “Wouldn't it be weird if we knew where she lives?”
 
“…”
 
Ino stared longingly at the remarkable structure.
 
“I guess we can say we knew from a friend? Or we were exploring and somehow found our way here?”
“Maybe...”
 
Sakura and Ino sat in silence trying to figure out if their excuse enough to visit this important person.
 
VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
 
The noise was getting louder.
 
They watch as a motorcyclist passes them, `her' long hair in a low pony tail bellowing behind and entered the same gate they were not far from.
 
Sakura and Ino watch hypnotized as the person took of the helmet, clip it to the bike, and went in the house.
 
“Did you see what I think I saw?!”
 
They looked at each other.
 
“ITACHI-SAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
<><>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<>*< ;>*<>*<>*<>*<>*<><>
 
A/N: Whew! Longest chapter so far. Hope u guyz had a Happy Thanksgiving.
 
You guys probably know for sure they're going in now. lol
 
I'm thinking about introducing another character… maybe next chapter.
 
And do review! Please? Is my time worth a review ;_; ? Tell me what you think.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
10