Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Shadow's Rebirth ❯ Beginnings ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadow's Rebirth.

A/N This is the start of the second arc. Due talking with reviewer, I have decided to add, one more series to this, you know who you are. Thanks.

Chapter.9: Beginnings

I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing. A chi blast took care of my clock. I told Amy to bring the others here after school, to tell them what I told her. More of my memories have came back, and I told Amy the truth about what she thinks the Chaos Emeralds are...

Flashback

"What do you mean those aren't the Chaos emeralds?" Amy demanded, I grin and hold up my palm. "Watch" The same energy appeared as earlier when Amy summoned it. She gasped when a black emerald appeared in my hand. "Amy, what you and the others, even Chaos don't know is that these are the Guardian Emeralds" In response to it's proper title, my emerald pulsed and glowed in joy. Amy watched simply too amazed, "What-what!" I nod, hmm how to simplify it "Okay better explanation. You know how Knuckles guards the Master Emerald?" She nods, "That is one of the seven true Chaos Emeralds. Any Emerald has the ability to control the Guardian Emeralds, but only seven Guardian Emeralds can seal away a Chaos Emerald" She gapped, "The Chaos Emeralds are really that big?" I nod "And a thousand times more powerful" "Ranma how do you know all this? I mean when we first met you, you were created then sealed right away is the back story." I shake my head, "I was suffering memory lost. I could only remember a couple things. The truth is Amy, when we first met, I was over 2700 years old"

End Flashback

At that point Amy fainted. I took her to her home, meeting her weird but sort of cool parents. They are very good ninjas. They asked my intentions and how I met Amy, so I answered, but that absolutely fell in love with me when I demonstrated the Advance Umisenken to disappear in thin air. Leaving a message about bring the others to my house, I kissed her forehead and left.

Anyways. I just mourned for the lost of another alarm clock, but quickly got dressed in my usual clothes. When I looked into the mirror, I jumped back and almost tripped. For on my head, was a black colored egg. It was huge, but perfectly balanced on my head. I tipped it, ready to catch it, if it fell, but it leaned to one side and then to the other, and back to it's original position.

I even tried taking it off. No good, would even budge off my head. I felt it, and found it was as hard as diamond. Sense it's not leaving any time soon, I shrug. This reminds me of that Phoenix Egg incident with Kuno. Cool. I'm not worried, because I know what this is. "Chao Egg" Another memory hit me, of a black creature that used to flip me off, and blame me when we triggered traps in ruins. "Shade" I turned into a girl and giggled. I felt like giggling. Today is a good day.

After turning back to male, I finished dressing and went towards school. Mom took a glance at the egg on my head, and didn't bother after that. This after all is Nerima. Walking to school I was questioned by dozens of reporters about grind race. Also numerous scientist asked about the Technology used in the grind race. Along with them were fans asking for autographs, or dates. The worst were the advertisers asking to sponsors. I mean billions of yen. The funny part is that none of them asked about the egg on my head, funny eh?

I finally made it to school, again, most of the students wants autographs, part of the business or dates. I glance to the left and see Akane lose to the much smaller Hentai Hoard. She has let her skills go to waste to where the average Joe can kick her ass. Luckily since she is bald and now has a bigger moustache then her father, only the freaks want to date her. Sadly Kuno is there, gloating for his victory. Akane is just on the floor crying. She looks over at me, and I can see in eyes that she wants me to step in. With much joy I give her the finger and go on my merry way. I even stopped and congratulated Kuno on his victory, which got me on his good side. Ah Kuno, I shall miss thee, nah, not really. I bet he can survive her cooking.

Walking into class I see Amy, still looking a little lost. I feel for her, to have a boyfriend that was that old, in the past life. I walk over to her and hug her "You okay" She hugged me back, "Yeah, just a little confused...There is so much we don't know, even remembering our past lives. And you, who hasn't remembered everything, knows more than all of us" I turn to the others who were chatting business of Mobian Corp. minus Chaos, who hasn't arrived yet. "Have you told them" She shook her head, "No, All I told them was to meet you after school at your place so you could explain about next month's contest." I looked at Amy, she's confused...and, "You're scared....you're scared of me"

She flinched, it was small, but I saw it and it hurt. Before she could say anything the teacher came in and started the days lesson. Again, no one took any notice of the egg on my head. I concentrated more on the lesson, to ignored the pain that made my eyes want to water, I refused to let them. Soon lunch came by, but this time it was different. Amy was quiet and timid around me, a long way from how she usually acts. The others noticed and lunch was eaten in a odd silence. It lasted until Tails broke it.

"Ranma, what is that on your head?" I laughed, burying the hurt I felt "I thought you would all recognize this, it's a Chao Egg" I grin at the reactions of others. Sonic walked up to me and tapped the egg on my head, "Hey watch it, it may be diamond hard, but I know the guy inside wouldn't appreciate brain damage" Rouge rose an eyebrow, "Him? You seem to know this Chao" I nod "I do" After that I went back to eating my lunch in silence, while watching Amy out the corner of my eye.

Soon school past and I was walking home, alone. Just me and the egg containing my lazy partner. The egg pulsed and got twice as heavy, "I was joking!" The weight relived itself and I continued working my way home. After saying hello to my mom, I went straight for the dojo built in the back, to practice my kata, at light speed dash speed. Thanks to them, I'm easily getting control of my increasing speed. Slowly but surely, I'm making my own branch of Anything Goes, that drives out the weaknesses that was in my own style. I think Genma trained them into me, for the sole purpose of being able to beat me in the future. I guess he underestimated my ability to adapt.

Getting into the lotus position, I start to work on my new ability. The red and black rings. Because I was caught off guard, I didn't have the energy for them. Starting with one, going to two, four, eight eventually getting to hundred. They all surrounded me in the spiral pattern for the Hiryu Shoten Ha attack. Something is wrong, using just my ki isn't enough, because I can feel the drain. So I begin to tap the secondary energy that is the Guardian Emerald and merged it with my ki. The rings around me pulse, expanded twice their size and glowed even brighter. The drain is completely gone. The energy of the Guardian Emerald, must keep the extra energy from leaking out the rings.

Going to my next step of energy manipulation, I flex my will over the rings. Each ring begins to move around the room, orbiting around me. I moved it from the spiral pattern to more complex ones like using them as creating a barrier between me and the world. A horizontal and vertical spiral that intersects with me at the center. This would allow my Demon God Storm to go in four directions, or more depending on how many spirals I set and the angle they are at. Another look is a vacuum blade that goes in every direction. The last part was to speed up the rings, making them move so fast that they blurred into solid circles around me.

"Whoa" That came from the entrance to the dojo. Reabsorbing the rings, I looked to see, the others watching in awe. "That was cool" Tails said. Sonic whistled "Impressive" Chaos, Knuckles and Ryouga were dumbfound. While Amy, she smiled, but refused to met my eyes. "Follow me" I said, putting an air of seriousness. The others followed me to the living room.

There was several large comfy couched, a vast entertainment system and numerous pieces of art, It was high class. I pointed to the couches and they sat down, Rouge in Knuckle's Lap with Tails on one, while Sonic, Chaos and Amy on another. I grabbed a chair and sat in it, facing everyone. Knuckles was the one to speak up, "So what is this about a Chaos Emerald Treasure Hunt?" I could see the twinkle through his shades and the grin on Rouge's face.

"That is right. More of my memories have come back and I remember the location of one of the Chaos Emeralds." Rouge and Chaos stood up. "Um guys, we sort of have something to say" The others turned to them. Each had two emeralds in their hands. "We have four of the Chaos Emeralds too" The others, but Amy gaped. "What is the meaning of this?" Knuckle's asked. "I wanted to give one to you for our anniversary, but you can have it now" Rouge said meekly. Knuckles smiled and took the red emerald, and it faded in his hands. His gauntlets glowed and took a red tint to it. "Cool" Tails turned to Chaos. "What about you" She shrugged, "I forgot I had them" The others face faulted. She tossed one to Tails when he recovered. His goggles flashed orange as he absorbed the emerald. "So with Amys and Sonics, we only need on more Chaos Emerald" He said. Time to tell them

With a flash the others gasped as my Guardian Emerald appeared on my hand. "Guys Look! Ranma has the last Chaos Emerald" Sonic exclaimed, then paused, "Then what are we looking for?" The others but Amy looked confused. "Guys I have something to tell you" The others were paying attention to me now. I held out my emerald. "What is this?" I asked. Sonic laughed. "Silly that is a Chaos Emerald" I shake my head, "You are wrong. These aren't Chaos Emeralds" The others, especially Chaos stood up at this

"What?? Of course they're Chaos Emeralds!" I shook my head, "Trust me, I know about this. This are the Guardian Emeralds. This are the protectors of the true Chaos Emeralds. All seven are required to seal most of the energy of a Chaos Emerald. But any active Chaos Emerald can control the Guardians." They were stunned, "What Knuckles guarded, the Master Emerald, was really one of the Chaos Emeralds, after being sealed." Everyone paled, even Knuckles, though it was hard to see, "Yes there are six more Emeralds out there. How powerful they are? Take a Guardian Emerald and times the power it has by ten thousand"

The room fell in silence, "Why now?" That came from Sonic, "Why didn't you call them that, before..." Oh that, "Opps well as you know, I was taken out of hibernation. The thing is my memory was Swiss cheese. So the brat asked me to help him, so I did." I see them question the word brat, but they don't ask anything about it. "The reason that we need to get this Chaos Emeralds because after all these years, they are starting to become unsealed. The first one is activating at the end of the month."

"Ranma how do you know this? We were around a long time without you and before you" Sonic asked, "Because of the time I was awakened, to fight you. I was very old" Rouge spoke up, "Old? How old were you?" I shallow "When I reawakened I was over 2700 years old" They froze. Tails came up and opened my mouth, "No false teeth, you make a healthy old man"

I started to crack up and fell to the ground laughing. I love that guy! The others joined me, but Amy was still a weirded out. Even the egg on my head was shaking. The tension in the room mainly faded as we calmed down. "Now back to this. Anyone who wants can join this contest, for this is a race for claiming a Chaos Emerald. I remind you, these ruins that the Emerald is in, has many deadly traps, monsters and even robotic guardians, so whose going to do this?"

Sonic grinned, "I'll beat you in this. That Chaos Emerald is mine" Tails smile, "I would like to run test, on it. So yes I will content" Rouge smirked and hugged Knuckles. "Oh I can't resist a gem that size" Knuckles hugged her, "I'll beat you too it" Chaos stood and stretched. "I'll like to see the thing I'm suppose to guard" They turned to Amy. "Why not I'm in" Again she avoided my gaze.

"Good so everyone's in. I'll call for some fast food and get some movies so we can hang out." I began to walk out the room, but stopped, "Amy, why don't you come with me?" She nodded and we both walked out. Outside walking on the sidewalk I asked, "So what's wrong? You've been acting off ever since I told you about my age before I died" She frowned. "I don't know. I'm scared." I sighed "Scared? Of what?" She stopped, "That when you remember everything, that you would just leave me, or worst, you could be something very bad."

I didn't know how to answer that, but all I felt was a pressure on my heart. "So... what are you trying to say?" She paused, thinking it over. "I would like us to slow down a bit until you regain more of your memories" It hurt. "So for now, lets just be friends." I shifted to my girl form. "O-okay then. Go back to the house. I'll get everything myself" Amy started to say something but turned around and walk back. I used the Light Speed Dash to speed ahead. When I stopped, the tears started. I always hated to cry as a guy, something that Fat-ass is responsible for, so I'll be a girl when I cry. The egg warmed up, it feeling my pain.

It fell off my head and into my head. It glowed as I hugged it. It pulsed like a heartbeat and when I let go, there he was. "Shade, I missed you." The Chao, wearing the same metal boots and gloves I have with the addition of bracers and mini red vest smiled at me. "Chao Chao Chao!" I smiled and bopped him on the head. "Speak normally" The Chao grinned, "Okay! Okay! I missed you too" I'm still crying. "How did you recognize me like this" Shade rolled his eyes. "Same aura, duh!" He hopped out of my embrace and walked around me and gave a wolf whistle "You're a looker" I sighed and bopped him with a mini mallet "Pervert" He stuck out his tongue "I know the rules of reincarnation, so what are you called until you remember your name?" Man does everyone know these rules? "Ranma Saotome" Shade looked thoughtful "Wild Horse, Chaos Demon. It sort of suits you"

I still feel bad, about Amy technically dumping me, but still. Having Shade here makes me feel a lot better. Having me tell him about this time while we got food and movies distracted me from the pain. "Hey do you still have that ability to lift things with your mind?" Shade nodded, and pointed to the piles of food and movies in my hands. With no trouble they lifted into the air. "In fact I feel stronger than ever" He grinned and I found myself lifting in the Air. Shade was lifting himself too. "Wow! You couldn't do this before" Shade carried both of us and the party supplies back to the estate.

"Shit man, you're loaded. I'm going to live in style for now on." I bopped Shade on the head again, "No cussing around my mom" He rolled his eyes, but agreed. We walked in to see the others watching the last of the news. On it was the special for the Grind Race. It is getting international news and people are already for the tickets to be released. Amy was sitting on a chair by her self while the others talked animatedly about the upcoming contest. Our eyes locked, and there seemed to be something, but she looked away and broke it.

Again the sinking feeling happened but I buried it. "Guys I have to introduce someone" The others looked at me, "This is Shade guys." Shade put a finger to his mouth, widened his eyes and made them shine. I call this the ultimate Chao attack "Chao Chao" This is definitely Shade, he always pull the cute Chao act when he first meets someone. Rouge and Chaos cooed, "Oh how cute" Rouge said as she scooped him up and hugged him like a teddy bear. I can see Shade pawing her chest. He always does this, little perverted bastard, boy have I missed him, "Whoa Momma!"

Yep just messed up, like always. Rouge leapt from him, "HE CAN TALK????" I nod as Shade began howling like a wolf "He is a bit perverted, always been like that" Rouge flushed an angry red, "Why that!!!" She pounced onto him, fingertips shining purple. Shade jumped, dodging her. He stuck out his tongue as he landed right into Knuckles arms. Again he did the cute Chao act. "Chao Chao?" Knuckles glared at it, "I suggest you apologize to the lady" Shade dropped the act, "Or what?" Knuckles dropped it and cracked his knuckles. "Or I have to show you my displeasure." Shade jumped back "Hmm my choice is...NO!!!! I'm not sorry for groping that flat chested Goth chick and as for you, you can *&I**(%$ and *(**^&^% and than *&^%$&& and when you're done (**&&&^&. So ^%$#% you!!!!'

Oh damn and I though I had a foot in mouth problem. Knuckles was glaring at Shade, Rouge was pale, Sonic and Tails were on the floor laughing while Amy and Chaos were blushing. Both Knuckles and Rouge both pounced at Shade and comically a dust cloud full of fighting limbs appeared around them. "HEY WATCH THE (&&^*(^ OUT!!" "SIT STILL AND TAKE YOUR PUNISHMENT!!!" "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME FLAT CHESTED! I'M A C CUP!!!" "WELL *&*&^* YOU!!! YOU MUST *&^^** YOUR BRA WITH *&*^&^* I BET YOUR BOY TOY MUST NOTICE THAT *&**^^ !!!!

To think that I made him promise not to cuss. I sigh as the dust cloud fades. Shade is standing on top of Rouge and Knuckles, both knocked out, tied up and somehow Knuckles was wearing a pink sundress complete with bows in his dreds. Shade currently was taking pictures of his conquest sitting on Rouge's chest. After that he began doing a victory dance while writing insults on Rouge's pale face. Sonic was dying of laughter and Tails wasn't doing any better. Amy and Chaos were dumbfounded at how Shade beat Knuckles and Rouge without a scratch.

"Ranma I just remembered." Tails started as he calmed down "The camera's I use are built into the rails and sends images from the pin to the monitor. If we are going as deeply underground as you say, then the cameras are going to be bad." Smart Tails, time to put my genius to the test. "That is why me and you are going to built cameras especially for this event and any future event." I took out a series of blueprints out of my subspace pocket. I've been working on them for days. Tails looked at the blueprints and got all twinkly-eyed. As if he fell in love or had sex. "Ranma! These are simply amazing. The designs, the computer parts, the programming, the technology! What do you call this??" I grin "I call this Project MechaChao!!!"

Read and Review