Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Chapter 11: Return to Class ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: Return to Class
 
 
Thanks to Daniel for prereading yet again. You rock, man!
 
 
 
 
Monday, November 9th
 
Misato awakens with a difficult task ahead, waking Asuka and Shinji up for school. She sets up a basic breakfast of cereal, toast, and juice for them and heads over to Shinji's door first...
 
“Shinji, wake up! Get up! Time for school!” She says as she knocks on the door.
 
 
 
Misato waits about ten seconds for a response, and then opens the door to see Shinji still sleeping, talking in his sleep...
 
“Asuka... you are so beautiful... please don't stop kissing me...”
 
 
 
Misato walks over and sits on the bed and shakes Shinji...
 
“Wake up!”
 
 
Shinji slowly comes to his senses and looks at Misato half-awake.
 
“What is it, Misato?”
 
Misato smiles. “Time to get up for class. I already have breakfast set up, and I want you and Asuka to go over to Rei's and walk with her to school...”
 
“All right... I'll be ready in a minute...” Shinji says as he rubs his eyes.
 
“I'm going to wake up Asuka now... one more thing. Asuka said something to me that I thought you should know about... she said that you were her boyfriend...”
 
Shinji blushes as Misato continues. “I know you even think about her when you sleep...” After pausing to giggle, she gets to the point. “Make sure you tell her that you think of her in the same way. Just some more friendly advice...“
 
 
Miisato winks at Shinji, then gets up and heads over to Asuka's room and knocks on the door.
 
A half-awake Asuka responds a moment later. “What is it?”
 
“Time to get ready for school... breakfast is all ready on the table.”
 
”Be right out...” Is the response back after Asuka yawns.
 
 
 
Misato starts to eat her own breakfast; having a beer in hand... Shinji sits down at the table a minute later and starts to eat...
 
 
 
Asuka walks into the kitchen with a smile on her face a short time later. “Well, Shinji, what do you think? I look good, even in this drab uniform, right?
 
 
To see a picture of Asuka, go to picture 45 on page 6 of my web page...
 
 
“O-of course. You look good in anything you wear...” Shinji says as he smiles at Asuka.
 
 
Asuka sits down at the table. “Good answer Shinji.” She sighs and then says “Well, at least it's
only a half-day today...”
 
“Yeah...”
 
 
Shinji and Asuka quickly finish their meal, he grabs his backpack, while she gets her usual satchel to take to class... Misato sees this and calls out to the two pilots who are heading out the door.
 
“Hey! Don't forget to get Rei this morning!”
 
“Got it!” Shinji says as he exits the apartment.
 
 
 
Shinji and Asuka start walking towards Rei's apartment and talk to each other on the way over…
 
 
A slightly agitated Asuka starts the conversation. “Why do we have to get Rei?”
 
“Well, Misato asked us to... and... um, maybe it would be nice for us to
walk together, since we may be one `big family' soon...”
 
“Yeah... I guess... “
 
“Come on, Asuka... cheer up! I... uh... don't want to see my girlfriend
feeling down...”
 
Shinji puts his arm around Asuka and tries to calm her down a little. She blushes slightly and gives him a quick hug.
 
“T... thanks Shinji. Let's get going here… I don't wanna be late for class!”
 
 
 
Asuka and Shinji soon arrive at Rei's apartment. Rei is waiting for them and
then the trio head to school... Shinji and Asuka notice that Rei is wearing something different: a yellow vest over a white shirt plus a black skirt. She also has a mini Pen-Pen figure on her school satchel...
 
 
“New outfit, Rei?” Asuka asks, taking another look at the First Child.
 
“Yes. I wanted something different...”
 
“Looks nice, Rei.“ Shinji says a moment later.
 
 
To see what this scene looks like and what they're wearing, go to picture 26 on
the fourth picture page of my website...
 
 
The trio soon approach the school... Asuka spots Hikari and runs off to talk to her, winking at Shinji as she leaves. Shinji and Rei head right up to class and sit down. Only a half-dozen other students are present, and they are conversing among themselves. Rei chooses not to sit by the window, but instead sits in a desk next to Shinji...
 
 
“Yo! Shinji!” Kensuke says as he walks into the room.
 
“Hey, Shinji!” Is the greeting from Toji as he enters a few seconds later.
 
“Hey, guys. Nice to see you two. What's up?”
 
 
Toji and Kensuke sit down by Shinji and start to talk...
 
“I'm glad you guys are all right... that last battle really ripped the city apart...” A relieved Shinji says, happy to see his friends again.
 
“Tell me about it. There are so many lakes and holes around here, it's like the surface of the moon... I wish I had gotten some film of that battle; it must have been really cool!” Kensuke says excitedly.
 
 
Shinji recalls the horrible battle in question in his head and shakes his head. “Trust me,
you didn't want to be anywhere near here. How's your leg, Toji?”
 
 
Toji kicks his left leg up in the air. “Just like new! This leg felt weird
when they reattached it, but now it feels fine... I can play basketball again!”
 
 
 
Hikari and Asuka walk into the room and start to walk towards the "Three
Stooges"...
 
Toji looks at Asuka and snaps off a comment. “So... the `Bitch is Back'...”
 
“Don't make me cripple your other leg, baka!” Is the angry response back from Asuka.
 
Toji moves closer to Asuka and gets in her face. “You better watch it, or I'll have to shut that
big mouth of yours!”
 
 
Hikari sees the situation quickly getting out of hand and positions herself between Toji and Asuka. “Hey, take it easy you two!” She looks sternly at Toji. “Toji, you should know better than that...”
 
Kensuke whispers something to Shinji. “I think he's whipped...”
 
An irate Toji catches some of what was just said. “What was that?”
 
“Oh, nothing...” Kensuke says, whistling and pretending to be ignorant of the charges.
 
 
Toji is about to slap Kensuke around when the substitute teacher comes in. He is
a middle-aged man of average height and build... Hikari heads up to the front of
the class and starts to talk...
 
“Stand up and show respect to the teacher! Bow! And sit down!”
 
 
The class follows the orders that Hikari speaks out and takes their seats...
 
“Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Anno Matsumoto and I will be
your substitute teacher for today and until further notice. Your teacher is not
feeling well, and with all of the damage done to the city, housing is at a
premium. Now, we will begin with a lecture on the history of Tokyo...”
 
 
 
The class finds the lecture interesting for a while but soon reverts to their
old ways... typing instant messages to each other or silently playing games on
their computers...
 
 
Author Note: DeepBlue is Rei's screen name, SDAT01 is Shinji's screen name,
BigRed is Asuka's screen name, BBALL is Toji's screen name, AK47 is Kensuke's
screen name, and ClassRep is Hikari's screen name.
 
 
Shinji and the others start to talk to each other via instant messages...
 
 
DeepBlue: This teacher is as boring as the previous one.
 
SDAT01: I agree, Rei. He was a little more interesting, but he still drones
on...
 
BigRed: This is boring Shinji, I just wanna go home...
 
SDAT01: I know, Asuka. I know...
 
BBALL: Hey, Shinji, I heard from Hikari that you and the little red devil have been pretty "friendly" lately...
 
AK47: Tell us man... how did you tame the beast?
 
Shinji begins sweating in his seat.
 
SDAT01: Um... um...
 
 
Asuka begins furiously typing a message…
 
 
BigRed: None of your business, dummkopf! Speaking of hook-ups, I heard you're pretty tight with Hikari now, Toji...
 
ClassRep: Asuka!
 
AK47: So both of you are whipped...
 
DeepBlue: I do not understand this "whipped" concept that you are speaking of...
 
AK47: It basically means that Toji is under Hikari's control, and Shinji is
under Asuka's control... the female being in total control of the
relationship... ah, the joys of being single :)
 
DeepBlue: I see. I do not think that Ikari is whipped; it appears to me that he
and Asuka genuinely care for each other...
 
 
No one sends a message for several seconds after reading Rei's IM, they are
shocked that she would be talking so freely and defending Asuka, of all
people...
 
 
BigRed: Uh... thanks, Rei. What she said is true, and if you think otherwise,
I'll have to beat it into you!
 
BBALL: Uh-oh! Looks like Shinji has two women guarding him now, we better watch out Kensuke...
 
AK47: You've betrayed us... and hooked up with devil girl...
 
ClassRep: Come on! You guys are getting stupid here... if you were his real friends- Toji, Kensuke... it wouldn't matter if he was going out with Asuka...
 
SDAT01: Yeah...
 
BigRed: Got that, baka?
 
AK47: Better listen, Toji, otherwise, no lunch from Hikari today!
 
BBALL: I ought to…!
 
 
Toji is almost ready to get up and physically harm Kensuke when the teacher
speaks something that the whole class has been waiting for...
 
 
“And that's it for today. Enjoy your lunch and I'll see everyone back tomorrow...”
 
 
The other students start to bring out and eat their lunches... Rei gets her lunch out and starts to eat, observing the interaction between Shinji and his friends. Shinji starts to eat his food; Kensuke also gets out a lunch bag. Toji leaves and sits by Hikari, who pulls out an extra large lunch for both of them. Asuka searches her satchel, but can't find something important...
 
 
“Where the hell is it? Damn, I forgot my lunch!” Asuka's voice gets even louder as she makes her next comment to Shinji. “Shinji, why didn't you tell me about my lunch bag? It's
probably still on the table!”
 
“Uh... well... umm...”
 
“Uh-oh, looks like the newlyweds are fighting again!” Toji says, not being able to resist the opportunity here to tease the two teens.
 
 
Shinji and Asuka both turn red, the insult meaning more now that they are actually in a relationship together...
 
 
To see what Asuka and Shinji look like at this point, go to picture 25 on
picture page 4 of my site...
 
 
Shinji and Asuka both turning toward Toji and yell “Shut up!”
 
 
Asuka then turns her attention back to the problem at hand. “Anyway... Shinji... could you let me eat some of your lunch...” She puts on a cute face and looks at Shinji intently. “I'm really hungry...”
 
Shinji tries to resist her but fails as Asuka moves closer and closer to him. “S-sure… no problem…”
 
Asuka smiles and sits down next to Shinji. “Thanks!” She starts to eat with Shinji, who on second thought, doesn't mind sharing his food too much with her.
 
 
Rei's cell phone begins to ring- she gets it out of her bag and answers the incoming call...
 
“Yes?”
 
“Hi, Rei! It's just Misato calling. I just got some good news for you! I got approval for you to move in with us! I was surprised when I didn't get any comment about it from Commander Ikari... but, anyways... I'll call up the landlord for my building, so we can get your new room and the connection to my apartment set up right away.”
 
 
Rei feels a warm feeling inside and tries to smile. “That is... great.”
 
“Make sure to tell Shinji and Asuka about it... you should get your stuff ready; it will only take a day or two to get this ready for you...”
 
“I am already packed up and set to move...”
 
“Good. I have to go, I'll talk to you later. Bye!”
 
 
After Misato hangs up, Rei begins thinking to herself. `I am glad this worked out, I will be able to stay with Ikari and spend time with him...'
 
 
Shinji walks over to Rei and wonders who just called.
 
“Rei, who was that on the phone?”
 
“It was Misato; she said that the necessary arrangements have been made for the move...”
 
”Really? I guess that makes five... looks like we're going to need another chair...” Asuka says, acknowledging the new situation with better acceptance then before.
 
“It's great that you'll be staying with us, Rei. We can spend sometime together...”
 
Asuka folds her arms in front of her. “Just remember Rei, don't take too much
of his time or else there'll be trouble...”
 
“Asuka...” Shinji says, not wanting a fight.
 
“I remember our agreement from yesterday...” Rei says, nodding her head.
 
Asuka does the same thing back in acknowledgement. “Good. Anyway, we're done eating...”
 
“Rei, did you want us to walk you back home? We were just about to leave...” Shinji says, stepping up to help Rei out.
 
“Sure.”
 
 
The trio gets up and head for the door...
 
 
“I'll call yah later, ok, Hikari?” Asuka says, waving at her friend.
 
“Sure. Call me after dinner.” Is the reply back from the class rep.
 
“Got it.”
 
Shinji also says goodbye to his friends. “I'll see you guys tomorrow...”
 
“There goes Shinji and his bodyguards!” Toji says, taking a shot at him and at Asuka on their way out.
 
“Later!” The otaku says as he waves to Shinji.
 
 
Asuka, however, is not going to let Toji's comment pass. “You better quit now, baka! You're lucky
Hikari is here, otherwise, I'd...”
 
Before Asuka can say anymore, Shinji grabs her arm and starts to pull her towards the door. He manages to drag Asuka gently out of the room. After a moment, the trio head towards Rei's apartment...
 
 
Shinji tries to make some conversation on the way over. “When did Misato say that you could move in, Rei?”
 
“She said that arrangements had to be made with the building landlord for acquisition of the apartment and opening that hole in the wall...”
 
“So... that means a couple of days, right?” Asuka says, coming to a quick conclusion.
 
“A day or two is what she said for a time factor.“
 
 
 
Small talk goes between the pilots until they arrive at Rei's apartment...
 
 
“I will see you both tomorrow then.” Rei says as she opens her door and disappears into the apartment, leaving Shinji and Asuka standing outside.
 
 
“Let's go, Shinji! I wanna go home... I'm hungry again!”
 
Shinji falls over on the ground, anime style.
 
 
“But... you just ate, Asuka...”
 
“Well... I'm a teenager like you- we are still growing baka, and we need food to do that...” She says as she moves dangerously close to his face.
 
“I guess... did you wanna go home and have a snack?”
 
Asuka's eyes light up. “Sure... as long as you make it, Shin-chan...”
 
 
Shinji has a sweat drop, and then they walk back to the apartment. Once there,
he whips up a quick snack for Asuka and they watch some TV together. Asuka
goes to her room for a moment... the phone rings while she's in there…
 
 
Shinji picks up the phone. “Hello?”
 
”Hey Shinji, it's Misato. I need you and Asuka to head out somewhere for a little while... I talked to the landlord, and he's going to come down and cut that hole in the wall in a little while. I figured since it would probably be noisy and dusty... if you and Asuka could go out for a while...”
 
“Yeah, it's no problem. I'm sure we can think of something to do... is that apartment ready next door?”
 
”Actually, it is. It already has basic furnishings in it, so Rei doesn't need her bed or anything major from her old place. All she needs is her personal items and anything else she wants to take with...”
 
“Great... I don't know why, but I feel a little bit excited for some reason...”
 
Misato has an idea of why he may feel this way. “I think you're just happy that you have a new sibling and someone who needs you. Rei can help you, too. She seems to be very strong and caring. She's also very smart and just needs to open up a little... I'm sure you can help her. Both you and Asuka had to open up to each other... I'm sure that was difficult for you, right?”
 
“Y... yeah. It was very hard... we both had to overcome our own personal barriers...”
 
“Then you know how to help Rei. I'm counting on you... Asuka, too. Be back around six, he should be done by then. I'll order some take-out and we'll eat. Got it?”
 
“Sounds good to me…”
 
“See yah later!”
 
Misato hangs up the phone and on his end, Shinji does the same thing. He quickly calls out for Asuka to tell her the news.
 
“Asuka!”
 
 
A moment later, Asuka comes walking into the front room.
 
“What is it?”
 
“Misato was just on the phone... she said that the landlord was coming by in a little while and put that connection in between the two apartments. Did you want to go out for a while and maybe talk or something?”
 
Asuka cannot help but smile. “Sure. Where did you want to go? I would like to go back to that hill again...”
 
“Sounds like a plan to me...”
 
“What time are we supposed to back?”
 
“Around six...”
 
“Well, let's go, then!”
 
Asuka grabs Shinji's arm and hurries out of the apartment. They head over to the same hill that they were at two days ago, and lie down next to each other on the grass... Shinji speaks first, he wants to get a question off of his mind...
 
“Asuka, I have a question for you...”
 
“Well go ahead and ask me, don't be afraid...“ Is the return reply in a soft tone by Asuka.
 
“I thought we were going to take our time about going public with our relationship...”
 
“Well...” Asuka pauses for a moment to think. “Hikari seemed ok with it. The other stooges reacted as I though they would... I think we won't have a problem at school. People know at school not to mess with me, right Shinji?”
 
“Yeah...”
 
“Were you embarrassed at school when this came up?” A curious Asuka asks, wondering what's on Shinji's mind.
 
“Well... sort of. Toji and Kensuke are always teasing me about being with you and living with you, but now it's different.”
 
“Yeah... but don't worry about those two too much... I'll take care of them.” Asuka says that line with a chuckle at the end. “Anyways… what I meant by public is people in general, like if we were kissing in the park during the day, or walking around downtown holding hands. Let's just take this one step at a time. We got through the school thing pretty good, right?”
 
 
Shinji nods his head and Asuka positions herself so that her head on Shinji's lap. “I wanna take a nap for a while; can you wake me up in a little bit?”
 
“Sure...” Shinji says as he sets the timer for 2 1/2 hours from now. “I set the watch to go off at 5:30, ok?”
 
“Thanks...” After a short pause, Asuka makes an observation. “You know, your lap makes a nice pillow...”
 
Shinji blushes. “Um... thanks, Asuka. Anything to make you happy...” He gently runs his hand through her soft hair. “Your hair is so soft...”
 
“It isn't always that way... LCL messes up your hair...” Asuka says as she falls asleep.
 
 
 
`She looks so peaceful when she's sleeping...' Is the thought passing through Shinji's mind as he observes the sleeping red head. He thinks above various things in the next couple of hours, reviewing all of the events that have happened in the past few days. He looks at Asuka and smiles... she has brought him true happiness and given him a reason not to give up on life. Gazing at the sky and the few wispy clouds above him, he zones out and falls asleep... only to be awakened by a loud, annoying beep from his watch at 5:30...
 
“Asuka! Asuka! Wake up!”
 
“Huh? It's five thirty already?” She says, not believing that it's already time to go.
 
“Let's go home now... I forgot to mention that Misato is buying take out for dinner.”
 
Asuka is filled with some new energy upon hearing that and stands up. “Sounds good… I'm getting hungry. Come on, Shinji!”
 
 
Shinji gets up and follows Asuka, who is already walking back towards the
apartment. Once there, they find Misato waiting for them in the kitchen...
 
 
“You guys have fun today? Shinji looks pretty worn out!” Misato says as she winks at Asuka and Shinji.
 
“Misato! Geez... you got a dirty mind, yah know!” Is the reply back from Asuka.
 
Misato waves her hands in front of her. “I'm just kidding, lighten up. I already ordered the food, since I figured you guys would be hungry by now…”
 
Shinji puts his hand on his stomach. “Yeah...”
 
“Soooo... where's this hole that you were talking about? I wanna see where you hooked this apartment up with the one next door.” Asuka says, remembering something else that she had been meaning to ask since they came back.
 
“Follow me and I'll show yah...”
 
 
Misato walks out of the kitchen and heads down the hallway towards the front door, with Shinji and Asuka right behind her. She opens a door and points forward...
 
“Here's the new connection, where the closet was. Let me show you the apartment...”
 
 
The trio walk forward into the small studio apartment, Misato pauses to turn on the lights. “There's a small dining room...and there is a small connecting hallway to the right, which connects to the outside. The bedroom is straight ahead...”
 
 
Shinji looks around the room. “Looks pretty nice... I'm sure Rei will like it...”
 
“Looks ok to me...” Is Asuka's comment after glancing around herself.
 
 
Shinji and Asuka walk forward into the bedroom... and immediately notice that it has been decorated already...
 
“Misato! I have a question for you...” Shinji says, having a sudden urge to ask a question.
 
“What is it?” Misato says as she walks into the room.
 
“It looks like this room has been decorated already... did you do this?”
 
“Yeah... it looks so nice... it couldn't be you! I mean, look at how you decorate your room...” Asuka says sarcastically.
 
Misato begins to get a little steamed. “What'd you mean by that? You've been a little
stressed lately... but that's no excuse to keep egging me on...”
 
Asuka immediately objects to that excuse. “Hey! You tease us too!”
 
 
Misato takes a deep breath and then puts her hand on Asuka's shoulder. “Look... I'm...”
 
 
Asuka prepares for her verbal assault and starts to form one of her own.
 
 
“I'm... not your mother.”
 
 
The Second Child begins to ease up and starts to wonder what she means.
 
“I'm your guardian, but I care for you, as well. We're family, always remember that...”
 
 
Asuka is momentarily stunned by what she just heard. “Uh... uh... ok.”
 
 
“You guys are partially right... I didn't do all of this; I called Rei and asked her what she wanted in here. As you can see, she really loves the color blue...”
 
“This looks a lot better than her apartment that she is in now...” Shinji says, recalling how horrible the area Rei's apartment is in… and the condition of the apartment itself.
 
 
In the distance a pinging noise is heard… everyone's mind suddenly changes focus.
 
 
“Misato, I think our food is here...” Shinji says, stating the obvious.
 
“Come on, let's eat! I'm hungry!” Asuka says as she grabs Shinji's arm. “We can come back over here later…”
 
 
The trio leaves the apartment; Misato pays for the food, and brings it into the kitchen as Shinji and Asuka get the plates and drinks out. Pen-Pen hops up and sits in a chair... a little bit of conversation flows at the dinner table as they eat, but Asuka barely speaks. She is still thinking about what Misato just said...
 
 
`Family? I never thought of her like that... I have a step-mother and a father already, maybe I should be a little nicer. She must still be feeling down about Kaji's death…'
 
Shinji notices that Asuka is deep in thought and gently touches her shoulder. “Are you ok, Asuka?”
 
“Hmm? Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just a lot on my mind...” She says softly before returning to her dinner, which is quickly finished.
 
 
After eating, Asuka stands up and goes over to the phone. ”Misato, I'm going to call Hikari.”
 
Asuka dials Hikari's phone number and talks to her and after a brief conversation, she returns to the table.
 
 
“I'm going over to Hikari's for a while...”
 
“Okay, no problem. Don't stay out too late!” Misato says, nodding her head.
 
“Asuka... when will you be back?” Shinji asks before Asuka takes off.
 
Inwardly, Asuka is happy to hear Shinji say that. She winks at Shinji and then talks sweetly. “I know... you can't stand it when I'm gone... but I have to spend time with my other friends.”
 
 
She walks over to Shinji and gives him a kiss on the cheek. “I'll see you later, Shin-chan...”
 
 
Shinji blushes as Asuka leaves and heads over to Hikari's apartment, still thinking about Misato's statement...
 
 
Over at the Horaki residence, Asuka is immediately greeted by Hikari as soon as she presses the doorbell…
 
“Hi Asuka! Come in.”
 
Asuka walks into the apartment and takes a look around. “Looks nice...”
 
“Thanks! We got everything unpacked and set up... let me show you my room!”
 
 
Asuka follows Hikari up to her new room.
 
 
“Well… what do you think?”
 
“Wow... it looks just like your old room...” Asuka says, taking note of the way the room looks.
 
 
Hikari sits down on the bed and motions Asuka to do the same. “Have a seat... I want to ask you a question... a personal question...”
 
 
Asuka sits down on the bed and then looks at Hikari. “Well, go ahead...”
 
“I... um... was just wondering how you hooked up with Shinji... I mean, you didn't think much of him before... did anything happen after I left?”
 
 
Asuka sighs aloud. “It's a long story... so much happened in that last battle here... let's just say that afterward, Shinji and I lowered our barriers and let our feelings for each other show. I did uh... like him before that point but...”
 
Asuka starts to look around the room and feels a little nervous. “I didn't want to admit that, not to others... not even to myself.”
 
“Oh... ok.” Hikari looks down at the ground. “The reason I uh... asked you that was... well...”
 
“Does this have something to do with Toji?”
 
“Um... yeah. I was wondering if you could give me some help...” Hikari says with a blush creeping over her face.
 
“I guess I could... maybe you can teach him some manners...” Asuka says with a chuckle. “But seriously, you need to talk to him. Be open and honest with him and yourself. I know he likes you, Shinji has told me that many times. Take it slow and it should all work out.”
 
“Thanks, Asuka.”
 
“No problem. Even if I don't like the guy that much, still, I want to see my friend happy.”
 
“Thanks. Asuka, did you want to play that video game again? You know, the fighting game you played the last time you came over?”
 
“Yeah.” She points at Hikari. “This time, you play against me. The computer is just no fun...”
 
“Sure!” The class rep says happily.
 
 
 
Hikari and Asuka spend a couple hours playing various video games and talking among themselves. Hikari is happy that Asuka is back and in good spirits... and Asuka is glad that she got a chance to spend time with her friend... which would have never happened if it wasn't for Shinji and Rei. She would have been alone with Shinji in that freakish world that earth had become. Around 10:30 PM, Asuka heads back home and on the way thinks about what Misato said... `I'll try and accept her... I guess she really does care for Shinji and I... even if she is a slob, she still has good qualities. That's what Shinji must have seen in me... he kept being nice despite all of my insults...'
 
 
Asuka walks into the apartment and sees Misato in a towel watching TV, with Pen-Pen sitting next to her. Both are enjoying a Yebisu beer after a recent shower...
 
 
To see a picture of Misato and Pen-Pen at this point, go to picture 68 on
picture page 8 of my website...
 
 
“Aww... you're spending quality time with Pen-Pen... you know what they say... the family that drinks together stays together...”
 
“Yeah, that's right... so how is Hikari doing?” Misato says as she turns around.
 
“She's fine; we talked and played some video games, stuff like that. Where's Shinji?”
 
Misato points at Shinji's door. “He took a shower and went to bed like half
an hour ago. He's probably sleeping...”
 
“Oh... ok. I'm going to bed, good night.” Asuka says, disappointed by that fact.
 
“Good night Asuka.”
 
Pen-Pen waves a flipper at Asuka. “SQUAWK!”
 
Asuka waves back at the penguin. “Good night, Pen-Pen.”
 
 
Misato and Pen-Pen turn around and continue to watch the TV... Misato notices in
the corner of her eye, however, that Asuka has quietly entered Shinji's room... where she finds the young man talking in his sleep.
 
 
“Let me hold you, Asuka...I don't ever want you to leave me... mmmm... your kisses set me on fire...”
 
 
Asuka begins thinking about the situation. `He can't stop thinking about me, even when he's asleep. At least now, there's a reason to be thinking about me like this... not like before, when he was fantasizing just for the sake of doing it...'
 
“Asuka... you are so beautiful... hold me...”
 
Asuka whispers in his ear. “Sure...” She then lies down on the bed and rolls on top of him, putting her arms around him...
 
A dreaming Shinji begins to realize something. `It almost feels like she really is holding me… is that Asuka?' He opens his eyes and is surprised to see the red head on top of him.
 
”Did I awake you from your little dream about me?” Asuka says playfully.
 
Shinji blushes profusely. “Uh... um... y... yeah...”
 
“Don't worry, I'm not going to get mad at you. Misato told me that you were talking about me in your sleep, I just wanted to see for myself. I know you've been thinking about me ever since we met, and most of those dreams weren't toooo bad... although you had a couple of hentai ones that I should slap you for having right now! How you came up with some of that lingerie I was wearing I'll never know... I think you went looking through some kind of catalog one day or something…”
 
Shinji begins to tremble… she knows all about his fantasies. “Ummm... well, you had some dreams of me, too. Especially after we kissed for the first time...”
 
“Well, my fantasies didn't go as far as yours did... but what I want to say is, always remember that the real Asuka needs you. Focus your energy on me, Shinji...” She kisses Shinji on the cheek and continues. “And not on a dream.”
 
 
Asuka rolls off of Shinji and gets off of the bed.
 
“I... I'll try. I hope you'll do the same for me...”
 
Asuka begins walking towards the door. “Of course, my baka Shinji... it wouldn't be fair if I did otherwise. Good night...”
 
“Good night. Asuka, one more quick question...”
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Have you dreamed about me lately?”
 
Asuka is caught a little off guard by that question and begins to blush. “Well... umm... yeah. Last night, for the first time in a long time...”
 
“Oh, I was just wondering... see you in the morning... don't forget to grab your lunch this time, ok?” Shinji says that last part with a smirk.
 
“Yeah... see you in the morning.” Asuka winks at Shinji. “Sweet dreams...”
 
 
Asuka walks out of the room and quietly closes the door behind her. She then heads back to her own room and goes to sleep. Misato sees Asuka leave Shinji's room, and breathes a sigh of relief...
 
 
"I thought those two may be `sleeping' together again, like they did when both of them fell asleep in here a few days ago. I gotta watch those teenagers..."
 
 
Misato and Pen-Pen head off for bed... and a new day soon dawns...
 
 
A full day of school comes and goes, and final preparations are made for Rei to
move in on Wednesday. Misato also sets up a surprise "Moving In" dinner as well.
Maya continues her search for any information on what happened to Dr. Akagi, but
continues to find nothing...
 
 
To see a picture of Maya on the computer at home, searching for Ristuko, go to picture 60 on picture page 8...
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 12: Rei and the School Routine
 
 
Next project of mine is the next new chapter, so keep an eye out for that. New Ranma