Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Chapter 18: Christmas Eve Part III ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 18: Christmas Eve Part III
 
A few minor edits, any song I mention in my story should be downloaded so you can truly see why the characters react the way they do with the song. Feel free to email me if you need more information about a song or a group. Make sure to read the “tissue incident” part on down to the end very carefully, I added quite a bit to that section. Many new lines and added details, it's like a whole new chapter. I hope that you, the reader, enjoys it.
 
 
 
Pen-Pen quickly changes the CD and waits for Misato next order...
 
Toji: What group was that?
 
Shinji: It's an American group, you probably haven't heard of them before. They were a pre-Second Impact group...
 
Toji: Oh...
 
Misato: Come on you guys; let's get ready to ride the "Party Train!"
 
Hikari: (Confused) What's that?
 
Misato: I'll show you guys how to do the dance, it's actually quite simple...
 
Misato begins to demonstrate how to make the "Party Train" and then has Pen-Pen start the song...
 
Misato: (Excited) Track 13, Pen! It's time to party! You guys line up behind me, just like I showed you a second ago...
 
The kids all line up behind Misato and nervously place their hands on the hips of the person in front of them. Asuka is right behind Misato, then Shinji, Hikari, Toji, Rei, and Kensuke at the end. All five kids blush at the thought of touching or being touched on the hips...
 
Asuka: You better not try anything, Shinji!
 
Shinji: (Shocked) Asuka!
 
Asuka: Got yah! (Giggles)
 
Misato: Here we go! (Pretends to pull on a train whistle and begins the dance)
 
Pen-Pen watches as Misato leads a "train" of people around the room. After overcoming their initial hesitance, the kids begin to get into the spirit of the song, and start to have a good time. About five minutes later, the song comes to a close...
 
Misato: You guys made a great "Party Train"... we'll have to do this again sometime...
 
After Misato had moved away from the train the girls had let go of the one they were following, but one by one they realized that the boys were slower and more hesitant to let go...
 
Asuka: (Teasingly) Shinji... were you planning on letting go?
 
Shinji: (Blushing) Er, um... yeah... sorry... (Takes his hands off of Asuka's hips)
 
The other two guys notice and Toji removes his hands slowly.... while Kensuke jerks his hands away...
 
Rei: (Thinking to herself) That felt... good... to have that contact. I must talk to Aida about this...
 
Kensuke notices Rei intently staring at him, and decides to break the silence...
 
Kensuke: Rei, um, is something wrong?
 
Rei: Aida, can I talk to you... in private?
 
Kensuke: (Gulps) Um... sure, Rei...
 
Kensuke follows Rei, who is walking towards the other apartment. They walk past Misato, who asks Rei a question...
 
Misato: (Curious) Rei, where are you going?
 
Rei: I need to have a discussion with Aida...
 
Misato: Oh, okay. Just don't be too long... otherwise you'll miss all of the slow dances... (Winks)
 
Rei: (Blushes) All right, mom...
 
Rei and Kensuke head to the other apartment, where the two sit down and have a discussion amongst themselves. Meanwhile, back in the front room, Misato and Pen-Pen are setting up songs for the couples to dance to...
 
Misato: I'm gonna ditch the Christmas music, ok?
 
Hikari: (Confused) Okay... but what are you going to play next?
 
Misato: How about some slow songs? You guys can slow dance...
 
Asuka: You better not slip in that "Pure Sin" CD of yours!
 
Misato: Don't worry, I won't! (Winks)
 
Asuka: (Sighs) We're doomed...
 
Misato: Come on, Asuka... don't be so glum. (Pauses) Okay, here's a song for you guys... ready?
 
Shinji: Um, yeah...
 
Toji: Yeah...
 
Misato: Great! Pen-Pen, track 7!
 
Pen-Pen changes the track as Misato grabs some more eggnog and sits down at the kitchen table. The song "Shining Star" (By the "Manhattans") begins to play and the two couples start to slow-dance, very much enjoying the opportunity to be so close. Toji really likes the song and near the end, draws Hikari closer and whispers in her ear...
 
Toji: (Softly) You are my shining star, don't you ever go away...
 
Hikari blushes and wraps her arms around Toji...
 
Hikari: (Whispering) Don't worry... I'll always be with you...
 
Hikari places a small kiss on his cheek and Toji blushes. The song soon ends and Shinji and Asuka stop dancing. They look knowingly at each other...
 
Shinji: That was a nice song...
 
Asuka: Mmhmm... I liked it. (Yells to Misato) Hey, you got any more songs like this? That pretty good...
 
Misato: (Standing up) Yeah... one minute...
 
Misato walks over to the CD player and changes the CD. As she sits down again, she notices how close Toji and Hikari are to each other...
 
Misato: (To herself) (Smiling) I don't think those two realize that the song is over...
 
Toji: (Looks at Hikari, then looks up at Pen-Pen) Well... where's our next song?
 
Misato: Track 3, Pen-Pen...
 
Pen-Pen: SQQQQUAWWK! (Changes the track and starts the song)
 
As the next song begins to play, Pen-Pen hops down onto the floor and grabs a beer. Having done that, he waddles over to Misato and tugs on her leg...
 
Misato: Come here... (Picks up Pen-Pen and cradles him in her arms) At least I have you and the kids... though I'm missing something... (Several tears run down her cheeks as she thinks about Kaji)
 
In the front room, the couples begin to dance along with the song "Always & Forever" (By "Heatwave") During the course of the song, both Hikari and Asuka move closer to their boyfriends. Shinji, however, whispers something in Asuka's ear during the song...
 
Shinji: (Softly) I... I will love you, Asuka. Always and forever...
 
Asuka: (Blushing) Shin-chan... (Gently pulls him closer)
 
As Asuka pulls Shinji closer, a warm, content feeling flows through her body. Shinji smiles, and looks down at Asuka. He thinks to himself... `She is so beautiful in that dress...' Any further thoughts about Asuka, however, are immediately pushed out of his mind as he looks into the kitchen...
 
Shinji: (To himself) Why is Misato crying? I should go and see what's wrong...
 
A few moments later, the song ends. Hikari and Toji once again are holding each other close, unaware of the song's ending. Shinji gently breaks the hug and heads over to the kitchen...
 
Shinji: Are you okay?
 
Misato: (Sniffling, then wiping the tears off of her face) Y... yeah. I'm fine. I just got... (Pauses)... caught up in memories of the past. I'll be okay...
 
Shinji: Misato...
 
Misato: Why don't you get Rei and Kensuke? They're missing all of the fun...
 
Shinji: Sure...
 
Shinji turns and nods at Asuka, to let her know that Misato is okay, and that he'll be right back. He walks over to the other apartment and notices Rei and Kensuke sitting down at the table. He notices that Kensuke appears to be nervous for some reason...
 
Shinji: Hey, Kensuke, you okay?
 
(Flashback to seven minutes ago)
 
Kensuke can only nod as he tries to figure out what exactly Rei wants with him...
 
Rei: I have noticed that both you and I have something in common...
 
Kensuke: (Quite surprised) Ah... and that is?
 
Rei: We... are... lonely...
 
After speaking, Rei waits and observes Kensuke to see how he will react. He is quite taken by what she just said to him, and it takes him a few moments to come up with a response...
 
Kensuke: (Lowers his head) Lonely? Well... yeah. I can look back and see that these past few weeks have been... lonely...
 
Kensuke looks up to the still focused gaze of the girl he admired as an Eva pilot, and now had given him the time of day, so to speak.
 
Kensuke: Yeah Rei, I have been... lonely. But I thought since you live with Shinji, Asuka, and Misato that you'd have all the attention a girl like you could handle.
 
Rei breaks eye contact with Kensuke as a sudden uncomfortable feeling rushes over her...
 
Rei: (Looking back up) I have the attention a brother like Shinji can give me, and the developing relationship of a mother and daughter with Misato. I also have a friend now in Asuka ... but I lack another form of relationship... (Blushes)
 
Kensuke has a confused look on his face for a few moments then seemed to comprehend what she was saying. His hands begin to shake and sweat starts to form on his forehead. In his heart he knew that he had to answer the cool, enigmatic, and beautiful girl sitting in front of him...
 
Kensuke: I... I... I see! W... what type of relationship is it... that you want then... Rei? (Chuckles nervously and brings his hand to the back of his head)
 
Rei: I have not been able to classify the name of the relationship; however, I would like you to be more than just a friend...
 
Before Kensuke can respond... Shinji walks into the room...
 
(End flashback)
 
Kensuke: (Jumping up out of his chair while clutching his chest) Shinji! Er, um... what are you doing here?
 
Shinji: Misato wanted me to come over here... she said that you guys were "missing all of the fun"...
 
Kensuke: (Trying to relax) Oh...
 
Rei: (Looking at Kensuke) I want to return to the front room and dance... do you want to join me?
 
Kensuke: (Very nervous) Um... y... yeah... (Stands up)
 
Shinji, Kensuke, and Rei head over to the front room, where an impatient Toji is waiting...
 
Toji: (Jokingly) We're waaaaiiting...
 
Toji and Hikari get ready to dance; Shinji and Asuka get into position as well...
 
Misato: (From the kitchen) You ready for the next song, Rei?
 
Rei: (Nods her head) I am ready... (Slowly puts her hands around Kensuke's neck in preparation for the song)
 
Kensuke: (Sweating as he places his hands on Rei's hips) Um... Misato, what song are you going to play next?
 
Misato: You'll see... (Winks)
 
Misato stands up and walks over to the CD player...
 
Misato: You guys will like this one... it's a real classic from almost 60 years ago... (Changes the track and then presses play)
 
Misato returns to her seat and begins to watch the three couples as the dance to the song "I Only Have Eyes For You"... (By the "Flamingoes") As the music plays, Asuka and Shinji soon find the lyrics are as romantic as the last two songs. They draw each other into a very close slow dance...
 
Just a few feet away, Toji and Hikari slowly move back and forth... enjoying the song and the main idea of it... having eyes only for each other...
 
Rei and Kensuke see the others and try to follow their example. Then as they dance, Rei pulls Kensuke in closer, which makes the Otaku more nervous. Their eyes meet and there seems to be some connection there... then Rei moves closer, and slowly, Kensuke's glasses begin to fog up...
 
Rei: (Tilting her head) Are you all right, Aida-san?
 
Kensuke: Ah... ah... Rrrrr... Rei, I... I... (Mumbles something incoherent). Yeah, I'm... I'm fine Rei, gotta get a tissue.
 
Releasing him, Rei turns around and grabs a tissue, which she then hands to him after turning back towards him. Clumsily he uses it to clean his glasses, before he puts them back on with the tissue still on them. He thinks... `Damn interesting place to put tissue...' as Rei adjusts her dresses bust line. He had incorrectly figured that she must have taken it from her dress. Asuka, happening to notice this situation, from when Kensuke gets the tissue to when Rei adjusts her dress- she wonders what is going on as the tissue remains attached to the glasses of the now flustered Kensuke...
 
Toji looks at his flustered friend and signals the others of the slight paper problem Kensuke seems to be having. As Asuka and Shinji watch Rei and Kensuke dancing, Asuka simply can't resist making a comment...
 
Asuka: (Making a Star Trek reference that the Otaku should catch) Hey Captain Kirk-san, trying to signal the carrier jets to land on the roof?
 
Kensuke: What?
 
Asuka begins to giggle, and then points to the glasses wearing boys head, prompting him to feel the side of his head where he finds the tissue.
 
Kensuke: Oh very funny, Mein Fuhrer!
 
The slight goes without an answer as all those around him are giggling at his predicament, all except Rei, who sees the concern in Kensuke's face. She takes and squeezes his hand to reassure him. He looks again at her eyes and slowly smiles and nods...
 
Kensuke: (Softly) Thanks Rei. (Rei nods back)
 
Toji: (Curious) Rei, where'd you get that tissue?
 
Rei: The...
 
Asuka: (Cutting Rei off in an accusatory tone) I saw you adjusting your dress... did you get it from there?
 
Rei is about to answer when Misato yells out...
 
Misato: What do you mean, Asuka? Don't pick on my daughter...
 
Asuka: Oh, I see what's going on. I should have guessed that it was your idea, Misato. This is no way to show her how to become more of a woman by stuffing her bra...
 
Misato: (Defensively) What the hell are you talking about, Asuka? I...
 
Asuka: (Cutting Misato off) She doesn't need that much attention, Misato; she looks great just like she is. She doesn't need boys ogling at her fake chest!
 
Rei and Kensuke both blush. Shinji walks over to Asuka and gently leads her away from the kitchen. As he does so, however, curiosity gets the best of him and he takes a close look at the upper part of Asuka's dress and the view it gives... which luckily for him, she doesn't notice. Toji notices what Shinji is doing, and decides to take a glance at Hikari's dress. He is not as discreet as Shinji is, and Hikari catches him in the act...
 
Hikari: (Angrily) What are you doing, Suzahara? Did you think I padded my bra?
 
Toji: (Very embarrassed at being caught) Um... no. I'm sure that's all you in there...
 
Small wisps of steam come out of Hikari's ears as she makes a response, she's very embarrassed and shocked at her boyfriends actions just now...
 
Hikari: (Loudly) What is all ME???
 
Toji finally understand what she is saying as she grinds her teeth...
 
Toji: Um... um... (Waves his hands defensively)... it's not what you think...
 
Hikari responds by yelling at Toji, and they start to have a heated argument. Asuka is puzzled as she notices a guilty look on Shinji's face...
 
Asuka: (Innocently) What's wrong, Shinji? (Long pause, then proceeds to tease him a little) You didn't look for padding in my bra, I hope... otherwise, I may have to start calling you a hentai...
 
Shinji cannot help but blush and turn away slightly... Asuka has caught him red handed. She notices his response and, instead of getting angry, she decides to teach her boyfriend a lesson...
 
Shinji: Um... um... (Trying to divert Asuka's attention off of the subject at hand) Asuka, you l... look fine in that pink dress...
 
Asuka: (Broad smile) (Softly) I'm glad you think so, Shin-chan... (Puts her arms around Shinji's neck and pulls him very close) You see... (Rubs her chest against him, causing him to blush) I have a wonderful figure, as you can tell... and yes, that's all me rubbing against you. No padding at all... (Smiles)... only Asuka...
 
Shinji: (Very, very red as a result of Asuka's sensual display of affection just now.) (Dares to look down at her chest for a moment) Umm... um... yeah, Asuka. (Diverts his eyes up away from her chest to look at her in the eye) Y... you're gorgeous... (Gulps)
 
Asuka just smiles at Shinji's comment and continues to hold him close. She doesn't want him to escape just yet. Rei and Kensuke have been standing inplace, looking at each other for the past two minutes, holding hands, and watching the other couples. Rei decides to take the initiative to clarify where the tissue came from... the incident has ballooned out of control.
 
Rei: Asuka. (Pauses as Asuka and Shinji turn to look at her) I did not stuff my dress with tissue... (Grabs the Kleenex box that is nearby) The tissue came from this box...
 
Asuka: (Stunned) Oh...
 
Misato: (From the kitchen) I knew that tissue didn't come from the dress. (Points at Asuka) You shouldn't jump to conclusions, Asuka... especially about my daughter!
 
Asuka: (Apologetically) I... I'm sorry... (Blushes as red as her hair)
 
Shinji gently holds Asuka's blushing face close to his shoulder, concealing her reaction from the others...
 
Rei: Do not be concerned... I have no need to lie about myself in that way.
 
Kensuke's face suddenly goes a bright shade of red, as his eyes were being drawn inadvertently back to that part of her body... and his mind concluding that she didn't need to pad anything...
 
Shinji: (Breathes a sigh of relief) I'm glad this is over with... (Looks at Hikari and Toji, who are eyeing each other angrily) Or, maybe not...
 
Hikari: (Staring Toji down) I swear, you can be such a hentai sometimes!
 
Toji: (Trying to calm Hikari down) (Softly) Hikari, hold on a second here... you aren't even giving me a chance to defend myself...
 
Hikari pauses and tries to calm herself down. As she does so, she can't help but smile when she notices the "pleading" look on Toji's face...
 
Toji: Hikari... look, I am just a guy... I can't help it. You are too beautiful not to look at... I mean yea, I did peek, but... you are so... I mean I... I just could not look away. I'm sorry...
 
Hikari: (Shyly) So you like looking at me?
 
Toji: Yeah... (He says dreamily then suddenly starts sputtering) I mean no... I mean...
 
Hikari, blushing at his outburst, takes pity on him and hugs him quickly...
 
Kensuke, Misato, Asuka, and Shinji: Awwwwww! So cute!
 
Hikari and Toji both blush as they continue to enjoy each other's warm embrace...
 
Misato: (Walking in from the kitchen) I think you guys have had enough for one night... (Yawns)... and I'm getting tired...
 
Asuka: Yeah, it's been a long night...
 
Misato: (Looking at Asuka) (Teasingly) Full of surprises, right?
 
Asuka: Um... yeah. (Pauses) But, still, I had fun... (Turns and looks at Shinji)
 
Shinji: Yeah, it was fun...
 
Hikari and Toji go into the kitchen and grab their jackets, exchange goodbyes, and head for the front door. In the hallway, Toji stops and looks up at the ceiling...
 
Hikari: Toji! What are you doing?
 
Toji points at the mistletoe hanging from the ceiling. Hikari blushes, and then pulls him into a very loving, passionate kiss. Walking hand in hand, they exit the apartment and head home. Kensuke notices what Hikari and Toji did in the hallway and rushes out, waving at Rei...
 
Asuka: Shinji, that's not a bad idea...
 
Shinji: (Confused) Huh?
 
Asuka drags Shinji down the hallway to the sprig of mistletoe...
 
Shinji: (Looks up at the mistletoe) Oh... (Pulls Asuka close) Merry Christmas, Asuka...
 
Shinji and Asuka share a warm and loving kiss, then look at each other and smile...
 
Misato: (From the kitchen) Awww!
 
Asuka: Misato!
 
Misato: You know... mistletoe is known for many things... including being an aphrodisiac... (Winks at Asuka and Shinji)
 
Asuka and Shinji both blush, then Asuka responds to Misato's comment...
 
Asuka: Jeez! (Sarcastically) Figures you would know something like that...
 
Misato: Well if I remember right, it also helps fertility... (Looks at Asuka and winks)
 
Asuka shakes her head in disbelief...
 
Asuka: You are such a...
 
Misato: (Cutting Asuka off) Why are you getting angry? I'm just pointing out a few things about the mistletoe... (Whistles to herself innocently) Besides, I saw how you were rubbing against Shinji a moment ago... I could tell what was on your mind...
 
Asuka: (Goes red in the face) (Pauses to figure out a retort for Misato) Because you are so obsessed with sex, that you would turn a simple romantic act of kissing under the mistletoe into something much more!
 
Rei: I once read that kissing under the mistletoe is also a pledge to marry someone, though I do not understand how this poisonous plant could be used to get people to kiss...
 
Shinji and Asuka: (Sputtering) Marriage!
 
Misato: That's right! I better mention that to Toji and Hikari next time I see them... let them know what they are getting into...
 
Rei: Yes, the text I found mentioned that and also what mom mentioned, but I still fail to understand how a poisonous plant can come to represent that...
 
Pen-Pen: SQUUAWK! (Points at the front room)
 
Misato: You're right... it is quite a mess... I wonder who made that mess? Hmm...
 
Asuka: (Sighs) Okay, okay... we'll help you clean up...
 
Rei: I will help as well...
 
Asuka: (Grabs Shinji) Come on, you're helping too!
 
Asuka, Shinji, and Rei help Misato and Pen-Pen clean the front room up. After they are done, Rei heads off for bed. Shinji and Asuka head off to their respective rooms and change for bed. After changing, both walk into the front room and see Misato there, drinking some beer with Pen-Pen. Asuka pulls Shinji into her room...
 
Shinji: (Complaining) Misato is in the front room... I wanted to be with you tonight... especially after, um...
 
Asuka: (Cuts him off before he mentions the earlier incident, she doesn't want to get more comments from Misato) Well, I don't blame you, Shin-chan. That actually felt nice... (Voice trails off) (Has a thought) Hey! Why don't you stay with me in my room?
 
Shinji: In... in your room? (Gulps)
 
Shinji cannot be help being nervous... but also excited at the prospect.
 
Asuka: (Noticing his reaction) Oh, come on... it's not like we haven't spent the night together before...
 
Shinji can only nod in response... it was the truth.
 
Misato: (Yelling from the front room) Can you two come here a minute?
 
Asuka: We're coming...
 
Asuka and Shinji head into the front room and sit down on the couch, next to Misato and Pen-Pen. Misato finishes chugging her beer and then looks intently at Asuka and Shinji...
 
Misato: I was thinking today... about you two... (Pauses) I may regret doing this, but I hope not... (Pauses again) I'm taking a big chance here...
 
Asuka: (Impatiently) Would you just spit it out already!
 
Shinji: (Trying to calm Asuka down) Asuka! Go on, Misato...
 
Misato: You two have gotten very close, and I know you love each other... so that's why I'm going to... (Looks at Asuka and Shinji and notices that they are hanging off her every word)... let you spent the night together, in the same bed...
 
What Misato just said stuns Shinji, but Asuka is quite happy...
 
Asuka: (Happily) It has to be my bed for sure! Is that ok with you, Shinji? (Shinji silently nods) Well that's settled...
 
Misato: There are a few strings, though...
 
Shinji: (Nervously) S... strings?
 
Misato: Yep. For one thing, your door will have to be open when you two spend the night together...
 
Asuka: Okay, that's fine with me...
 
Misato: I'm not done yet... if I hear any suspicious noises, then that's it! No spending the night together, whether in the front room or otherwise. And don't try to pull off one of those "pretend we're having sex" jokes again, either. If you do, the punishment is the same...
 
Asuka: (Disappointed) Aw, man!
 
Misato: There's more...
 
Shinji: (Uneasy) M... more?
 
Misato: (Winks at them) That's right! I will be spending the night randomly in your room on the floor, just to make sure that you two keep it decent. Think of it as... spot-checking from your loving guardian...
 
Asuka: B... but...
 
Misato: (Extends her right hand towards Asuka) Do you accept my terms? Or do you want to keep spending the night out here or in your own beds by yourselves? I don't have to do this, but... think of it as an early Christmas present from me...
 
Asuka: (Thinks for a moment, then responds) All right... (Shakes Misato's hand)
 
Misato: What about you, Shinji?
 
Shinji: I g... guess it's okay... (Shakes Misato's hand)
 
Misato: (Smiles) Great! (Gets up, then plants a kiss on both kids cheeks) You two go ahead and go to bed... remember, I'm taking a big leap in the trust department here. Don't disappoint me!
 
Asuka: We won't...
 
Shinji: Yeah...
 
Misato: (Walks into the kitchen and gets another beer) All right... good night!
 
Shinji: Good night!
 
Asuka: 'night. (Pauses) Misato... t... thank you...
 
Shinji: Thanks for doing this...
 
Misato: It's no problem... just make sure things don't get out of hand. (Looks at Asuka) I saw you getting frisky there, Asuka... that may not be a good idea... especially before going to bed. (Chuckles to herself)
 
Asuka: (Catching on to what she means) You are such a hentai!
 
Shinji: (Whispering in Asuka's ear) Ignore her... I um... kinda liked what you did...
 
Asuka wraps her arms around Shinji and holds him silently. She didn't want Misato to think that she was like that... she loved Shinji, but wasn't ready to do that kind of activity all of the time. `One step at a time, Asuka. You'll be ready to be that affectionate in the future, don't rush it. I can't mess up this chance to be with Shinji every night...'
 
Misato and Pen-Pen resume watching a movie as Asuka and Shinji head to Asuka's room. Asuka pulls back the covers and crawls into bed. She then pats the bed...
 
Asuka: Shinji, come here...
 
Shinji: Uh... okay. (Crawls into bed next to Asuka, who pulls the covers over them)
 
Asuka snuggles next to Shinji and gets comfortable. Shinji, however, is far from comfortable...
 
Asuka: (Softly) Shin-chan, don't be so nervous. It's okay...
 
Shinji: I... I'm sorry, Asuka...
 
Asuka: (Remembering something that she was meaning to talk to Shinji about) Shin-chan... thanks for hiding my face after that... misunderstanding about Rei's dress...
 
Shinji: It was no problem... I wanted to protect my girlfriend...
 
Asuka: (Smiles, then pauses and tries to think of something to calm him down with) Do you remember when you and I pulled that "pretend sex" trick on Misato?
 
Shinji: Y... yeah... why do you ask?
 
Asuka: Well... if I remember correctly, you held me in this bed, under the covers... and you liked it. (Looks Shinji in the eye) A lot, actually...
 
Shinji: (Recalls the memory) Oh... yeah... that's right. We were waiting for Misato to come in, and you were on top of me. I held you close and it felt so... so...
 
Asuka: Go on, Shin-chan...
 
Shinji: So... nice... (Smiles) Just like what you did earlier.
 
Asuka: Glad you agree... (Holds up the blanket and rolls on top of Shinji, who can only smile at Asuka) I had... some feelings when you held me, too... and I wasn't teasing you all for my enjoyment... I knew you'd like that, too.
 
Shinji: (Softly) Asuka...
 
Asuka: I feel so... comfortable when I'm with you like this... and ever since that night we were on vacation, I've missed the feeling. It's not the same in a futon...
 
Shinji: (Softly) Asuka... (Begins to run his fingers through her hair) Fröhliches Weihnachten, Asuka...
 
Asuka: (Pleasantly surprised) Merry Christmas to you, too. Where did you learn that phrase from?
 
Shinji: I asked Misato what "Merry Christmas" in German was... I was just curious.
 
Asuka: Well, I have something I want to tell you in German... (Plants a kiss on his cheek) You will always be my "liebchen"...
 
Shinji: (Blushing) What does that mean?
 
Asuka's next spoken word sends chills down Shinji's spine...
 
Asuka: (In a whisper) Lover...
 
All is quiet for a moment as both Shinji and Asuka contemplate their situation and what has just been said...
 
Shinji: Um... good night, Asuka...
 
Asuka: Good night, Shin-chan... (Begins to think to herself) To think that I almost passed this wonderful guy up... I would have been the baka then. I can't wait to see the expression on his face tomorrow when he gets that ring... (Falls asleep)
 
Shinji spends the few minutes running his fingers through Asuka's hair and thinking about what has just happened here. "How have I gotten this far, me Mr. No Personality, Mr. No Confidence. How can she love me? (Chuckles, disturbing his partner a bit but she falls asleep again) Maybe this was fate, or destiny, or probably blind luck, to have her here in my arms, to have Rei and Misato as my family. I think our dues are being paid off now. To whoever hears this... thank you. (Falls asleep)
 
About an hour later, Misato grabs a blanket and then sets up on the floor in Asuka's room. She sees the content children and smiles... ;I hope they can finally find some peace... after all that they went through...' She soon falls asleep. Misato dreams of Kaji... Asuka of Shinji. Shinji has an interesting "Christmas" dream about Asuka...
 
To see what Shinji was dreaming about, go to picture 8 on page 1...
 
Across town, Kensuke cannot help but have a "Christmas" dream about Rei...
 
To see what Kensuke was dreaming about, go to picture 11 on page 2...
 
To be continued in Chapter 19: Christmas Day- New Years
 
Hope you enjoyed this one, next redone chapter will be up next week.