Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction ❯ A New Beginning/ A New World: Emerald Edition ❯ Chapter 30: A week at Misato's Apartment ( Chapter 35 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 30: A week at Misato's Apartment
 
 
The song “The Groove Line” is from the Central Heating album of April 1978. Copyrighted by Epic Records. The song “Always and Forever” is also by Heatwave, Too Hot To Handle album of Spring 1977. Copyrighted by Epic Records.
 
 
Monday January 18th, 2016
 
 
Misato wakes up around 5 AM and gets herself ready for work. A cold shower and a few cups of coffee get her going. Walking around the kitchen near 6 AM, she realizes that this isn't a normal day…
 
Misato: (To herself) Normally someone would be up… and Shinji would be making breakfast. I hope that we can find those SEELE bastards soon…
 
Kaji walks into the kitchen and sits down at the kitchen table.
 
Kaji: Good morning Misato…

Misato: (Yawns) Good morning Kaji…
 
Kaji: Ready for another day of fun at NERV? (Chuckles)
 
Misato: (Sighs) Yeah, I guess… it'll probably be a long day…
 
Kaji: Don't worry about it… I'll take care of things here, okay? You just worry about finding SEELE…
 
Misato walks over to Kaji and places a kiss on his cheek. “Good luck…”
 
Kaji: (Smiles) You too… see yah when you get home…
 
Misato waves goodbye and then heads of to work. Kaji has some cereal and tea and then heads back to bed, knowing that the kids will sleep in… and he's right. Rei is the first one up; she makes herself some breakfast and sits down on the couch in front of the TV. Without warning, a pair of hands blocks her sight…
 
Voice: Guess who?
 
Rei: (Deliberately answering wrong) My brother…
 
Voice: Do I sound like Shinji?
 
Rei giggles and then says the right answer. “My Ken-kun…”
 
Kensuke moves his hands and Rei turns around and looks at him.
 
Kensuke: (Nervously) G-good morning, Rei…
 
Rei: Good morning… (Has a sudden thought) Ken-kun… come here…
 
Kensuke sits down next to Rei and looks at her. `She smiling at me… I think she liked what I just did…'
 
Rei: I would like to try that morning custom again…
 
Before Kensuke can remember or ask what she meant by that, he feels her soft lips press against his. Since no one else is around, both teens begin to exchange passionate kisses.
 
Rei: (To herself) Ken-kun is very… passionate this morning.
 
Kensuke is thinking along the same lines as the two continue to make out. `She's full of energy… and her body feels so good…'
 
The two continue their make out session, totally unaware that both Asuka and Shinji are now awake and in the kitchen.
 
Asuka: (Peeking around the corner) (In a whisper to Shinji) Wow, it looks like Rei is really moving forward in her relationship…
 
Shinji: (Whispering back) Yeah… but she shouldn't rush into things…

Asuka: Aww, that's so nice of you to be worried about your sister… but hey, look at the bright side- she's getting used to her emotions and she wants to express them. Besides, you can't really say much… I'm not the only one who starts our little morning make out sessions…

Shinji blushes and realizes that Asuka is right. To say anything to Rei about this would be hypocritical on his part. Both quietly resume eating their breakfast…
 
A few minutes later, Asuka's eyebrows go up… `Was that Rei… moaning? Those two must really be getting into it…'
 
Shinji is about to jump out of his chair but Asuka quickly grabs his hand and squeezes it. She motions Shinji to turn his head towards her… which he does slowly.
 
Asuka: Shin-chan… it's okay. She needs love from Kensuke… just like I need it from you. (Pauses and has an idea) Shinji, why don't you come with me? I'll take your mind off of this…
 
Shinji: (Blushes) Umm… sure.

Asuka leads Shinji silently out of the kitchen and back into her room. She gently pushes him onto the bed and then stares at him.
 
Asuka: I hope you're ready…
 
Shinji: For what?
 
Asuka: (Blushes slightly) I want you make me… feel like that. You know I love it when you… (Teases Shinji by switching to a sultry tone of voice) …when you caress my thighs and hips… and when you squeeze my butt…

Shinji turns red from excitement and embarrassment. `She must really be excited this morning… and hearing Rei didn't help matters. I guess we can have some fun… it sure beats going to school…'
 
Asuka: (Playfully) What are you waiting for? (Looks down at her yellow pajamas) Do you want me to unbutton the top two buttons again? You got pretty frisky after seeing me like that…
 
Shinji: (Considering the idea) Well, umm… sure.
 
Asuka: (Smiles) Okay. (Sits down on the bed next to him) There's just one thing… you have to unfasten the buttons for me. (Giggles) I wanna see how much my training has helped you…
 
Shinji: (Rolls his eyes and sighs aloud) You are such a flirt…
 
Asuka: Only with you, Shin-chan…
 
Shinji: (Pauses to summon up some courage) Okay… I always like seeing more of you, Asuka…
 
Asuka: Ooh… (Kisses Shinji on the cheek) You're really getting me excited…
 
Shinji blushes and then speaks. “Umm… really?”
 
Asuka: Mmhmm… show me what you can do, Shin-chan…
 
Shinji: O-okay…
 
With some trepidation, Shinji starts to kiss Asuka. She immediately wraps her arms around him and intensifies her expressions of passion. The events of the last few days plus her natural desire for Shinji are expressed in her kisses. It takes over a minute before Asuka feels Shinji moving his left hand off of her back…
 
`Go for it, Shinji… you can do it…' Asuka thinks as the make out session continues. Shinji is trying to get lost in the moment, so to speak, so he won't be so nervous. `Here goes nothing…'
 
Shinji carefully moves his hand along Asuka's side and then his fingers slide across the fabric of her pajamas towards the buttons in the middle. Asuka is very happy inside… `He didn't even pause as his hand went across my chest…'
 
A soft moan gets Shinji's attention a moment later… Asuka is deliberately trying to get him to do that next step and unfasten the buttons. Shinji, however, was about to do that anyway… knowing that he is satisfying her gives him that much more confidence…
 
Asuka can feel her heart beat increasing and time slowing down as Shinji begins working on her pajama buttons. Both teens get lost in the moment and focus on pleasing the other… Shinji decides to place a few kisses on her neck and definitely likes the results. Asuka, feeling some of her fantasies coming true at this very moment, manages to take her lips off of his long enough to express her gratitude…
 
Asuka: God, you're good…
 
Shinji makes no vocal response but continues placing passionate kisses on Asuka's lips. Back in the front room, Rei and Kensuke are also expressing their feelings for the other. Rei is enjoying Kensuke's kisses and caress… `The more we do this… the more comfortable he seems to be…' Rei thinks to herself as she feels him once again gently squeeze her behind. For his part, Kensuke cannot believe how good this feels… `Rei is so… so… hot! Her skin is so…'
 
Rei: (Breaking the kiss for a moment) Ken-kun… please… make me feel even better…
 
Kensuke pauses for a moment to try and figure out what she means by that… he doesn't want to assume anything and look like a pervert in front of Rei. Sensing his hesitance, Rei takes her right hand and places it on her hip…
 
Rei: Ken-kun… please put your hand on top of mine…
 
Kensuke: Umm, sure…
 
Kensuke gently moves his left hand up to meet hers. His body shivers as she guides his hand up the soft silky fabric of Rei's blue pajamas… Kensuke now realizes what she meant by her earlier statement.
 
Kensuke: (Very nervous) Are you umm… sure that you wanna do this? I mean, someone could wake up and see us….
 
Rei: (Suddenly blushes) I… need you, Ken-kun… I want you…
 
Kensuke has a brief internal debate about this. Part of him is very nervous about touching her like that again… especially in their current surroundings. The other more vocal part is telling him to go for it… `This is what you've always wanted, right? A chance to love a beautiful woman that loves you back in return…'
 
Rei watches as Kensuke gulps and then closes his eyes. `I… I'm gonna make her feel good this time… last time was just an accident… this time, she wants me for real…' Kensuke thinks to himself as he moves his hand up onto Rei's chest.
 
Soft moans fill the air as Kensuke and Rei take their passions for each other to a new level…
 
Over in Shinji's room, Toji wakes up and stretches his arms towards the ceiling. `Hmm… it looks like Kensuke's already up… I better get some breakfast…' With that, Toji walks over to the door and opens it. The first thing he sees is a blushing Hikari standing in front of the door…
 
Hikari: (In a whisper) Good morning Toji… I was just checking to see if you were up yet…
 
Toji: (Whispers back) Sure… but why are you blushing?
 
Hikari: Umm… (Nods her head in the direction of the front room)
 
Toji: (Playing it off) Oh, it's probably just Shinji and Asuka, you know how those two are…
 
Hikari shakes her head. “It's not Shinji and Asuka… it's…”
 
Toji cannot help but rush into the front room after realizing who's making the noise. “Go for it Kensuke!”
 
Rei and Kensuke immediately stop what they're doing and move their hands… but not before Hikari and Toji get a good look at what the two were up to…
 
Kensuke: (Angry) Thanks a lot, Toji…
 
Toji: Oh, come on… relax…
 
Rei silently blushes as her boyfriend continues to defend them. “What do yah mean relax? Rei and I were having a good time… `till you come in here!”
 
Toji: I can see that… man, I never expected you to be so bold… (Hikari silently nods)
 
Kensuke: (Trying to change the conversation) Well, what were you doing a little while ago with Hikari?
 
Toji: (Trying to calm down) Nothin' at all. I just got up… me and Hikari have only been up for a few minutes… we haven't done any hands on stuff this mornin'…
 
Kensuke looks like he's ready to jump Toji any second now… Hikari sees this and tries to avoid any fighting.
 
Hikari: (Trying to change the subject) Where's Shinji and Asuka?
 
Rei: I believe that they are sleeping in, since we have no school this morning…
 
Toji: Probably… let's make something to eat…
 
The four teens make their way to the kitchen and start to make some breakfast. Hikari takes the lead in this and soon wonderful smells begin to come from the kitchen. Meanwhile, over in Asuka's room, things are beginning to slow down. Asuka cannot believe how… excited Shinji just was. She gently pulls away and just stares at him with a red tingle in her cheeks…
 
Asuka: (To herself) Wow! I've never seen him like this before…
 
Shinji looks at Asuka and wonders what she's thinking about. He used all of his courage and desire for her to make her happy… and he also enjoyed the past few minutes as well.
 
Shinji: Asuka, I…
 
Asuka: Shinji… you were wonderful! (Hugs Shinji)
 
Shinji: I'm umm… glad to hear that…
 
Asuka: (Releasing Shinji out of the hug) I just love it when you're bold… (Looks down at her pajamas)… and you even undid… (Her eyebrows go up) Three buttons…
 
Shinji: (Blushes) Umm… yeah… I kind of got umm… into the moment…
 
Asuka: (Softly) Mmm… I bet you did. You just wanted to see what bra I was wearing, didn't you? (Shinji nervously fidgets) Or, did you want a better look at these? (Puts her hands on her breasts)
 
Shinji's face turns redder with every second as he stares at the beautiful woman in front of him.
 
Shinji: Well, umm…
 
Asuka: Oh, come on… tell me. You know I'm not going to think you're a pervert or anything… (Softly) Please, Shin-chan… don't be afraid to be intimate with me…
 
Shinji: Well, I… I… was kinda wondering…
 
Asuka: (Tries to encourage him to speak more) Go on… I want to hear what you have to say. You already know how much I want you… (Giggles)
 
Shinji: (Takes a deep breath before speaking) I… wanted to see… what you were umm… wearing… you have some nice b-bras… (Gulps)
 
Asuka: (Winks at Shinji) Been checkin' out my laundry, haven't you? I bet you've seen every one of my bras, haven't you?
 
Shinji: Well, I do most of the laundry here… I see everyone's clothes…
 
Asuka: (Teasing Shinji) I hope you're only looking at my bras… not like I'm jealous of Misato or anything…
 
Shinji: (Replying immediately) Of course not… umm… yours are the best…
 
Asuka: (Kisses Shinji on the cheek) Good. And since you like them so much, I think you should get a better look at the one I'm wearing now…
 
Shinji can only silently nod… part of him is nervous but his hormones are overriding everything else in his mind at the moment. He tilts his head down and watches as Asuka finishes the work he had started earlier. After all the buttons are unfastened, she throws her top down on the floor and leans forward slightly, giving Shinji a eyeful…
 
Asuka: (Seductively) Pink looks sexy on me, right?
 
Shinji cannot immediately answer her question… `God she looks so sexy in that lacy pink bra…' he thinks as he continues to stare at Asuka…
 
Without warning, the door slowly opens and Toji starts to speak in a subdued tone…
 
Toji: Breakfast is ready if… (Jaw drops to the ground and he stands there)
 
Shinji and Asuka are too focused on what they're doing to notice that the door is open. Kensuke notices that Toji is just standing there, blocking the door to the room. He walks up behind Toji and looks over his shoulder…
 
Kensuke: HOLY SHIT!
 
Asuka and Shinji hear Kensuke yell and Asuka nearly screams. “Get out of here you pervert!”
 
Over in the kitchen, Rei and Hikari hear Kensuke's last expression… Rei's eyebrows go up…
 
Rei: Something must be wrong… Kensuke doesn't usually swear like that…
 
Hikari: Yeah… and it looks like Toji is just standing there. Rei, let's see what's going on…

Rei nods her head and follows Hikari as she heads towards Asuka's room. In the meantime, Asuka has moved herself behind Shinji so she's not exposed. Shinji begins to yell at his friends, they ruined one of the best moments that he's ever had with Asuka.
 
Shinji: (Sarcastically) Do you mind?
 
Kensuke: Did we interrupt something?
 
Toji: (Finally coming out of shock) Yeah, it kinda looked like you two were about to…
 
Kensuke is pulled away from the door by Rei… and Hikari pulls Toji's ear to get him away from the door…
 
Rei: What are you doing, Kensuke?
 
Hikari: Yeah, what are you doing?
 
Toji: Kensuke and I just caught Shinji and Asuka in da' act…
 
Hikari blushes. “Do you mean…”
 
A female voice booms from the bedroom a moment later… “We weren't having sex… are you stupid?”
 
Toji yells back. “You could've fooled me…”
 
Rei cannot contain her curiosity any longer… and Hikari wants to know what's going on as well. Both girls peek into the room and see Shinji handing Asuka's pajama top to her…
 
Hikari: Oh my…
 
Rei: It looks like my brother and Asuka were about to lose the bet…
 
Shinji: (Very embarrassed) Rei!
 
Asuka quickly buttons up her pajamas and storms out of the room. She ignores the girls for the time being and starts yelling at Toji and Kensuke. The girls follow Asuka and try to think of a way to calm Asuka down. Shinji walks into the kitchen just as Asuka starts to yell… he knows that Asuka will have to yell to calm down… especially after this situation.
 
Asuka: (Very vocal) What the hell is your problem? You don't just barge into MY room without even knocking first!
 
Toji: (Trying to restrain himself so he doesn't make a fool of himself) Look… all of us made breakfast and we'd thought you two would want some… I didn't knock `cause I didn't wanna wake you two up…
 
Kensuke: Yeah… we thought you two were still sleeping…
 
Asuka: Hmmph… even if that's true… you still interrupted something. How would you like it if I walked in while you were doing something with your girlfriend?
 
Rei and Kensuke start staring at Toji and Hikari. Asuka and Shinji notice this and comment on it…
 
Shinji: Wait a second… you don't mean…
 
Asuka: (Thinking aloud) Hmm… that must mean that Rei and Kensuke were having some “fun” and you two walked in on it…
 
Hikari: (Blushing) We didn't mean to!
 
Rei: I know that Hikari and Toji wouldn't have done that on purpose… (Turns to Asuka) You are right…
 
Kensuke: (Embarrassed) REI!
 
Asuka: I see… (Addresses Rei) And you were talking about Shinji and I losing the bet… (Smirks)
 
Rei: (Feeling a little defensive) I was only allowing Kensuke to touch me… no clothing came off…
 
Everyone but Asuka is surprised by Rei's cunning comment… and the grin on her face afterwards.
 
Asuka: Well, I… I…
 
Asuka can't think of a comeback at the moment and turns around. Shinji quickly gives her a hug and whispers in her ear… “It's okay Asuka… Rei isn't judging you. I umm… loved what you were wearing earlier…”
 
Asuka starts to calm down and places a kiss on Shinji's cheek. “Thank you…”
 
The word “Awww!” soon fills the air as the couple continues to hug. Hikari suddenly remembers why this incident happened in the first place- breakfast was ready. She silently nods her head, knowing that the miso soup was probably getting cold by now…
 
Hikari: Let's eat before the soup gets cold…
 
Kensuke: Oh yeah, I almost forgot about breakfast…
 
The six teens silently sit down at the table and begin to eat. No words are spoken until Shinji finishes his soup…

Shinji: As always, good soup Hikari…
 
Hikari: (Surprised) How'd you know that I cooked this up?
 
Shinji: You've made this for Asuka before… I recognize the taste.
 
The others at the table besides Rei blink and look at each other in question.
 
Rei: He used Asuka's memories.
 
Hikari: Oh… this will take some getting used to...
 
Shinji nods his head and goes back for another bowl of soup. He's proud of Asuka, he had been expecting her to make a comment to one of the others about what just happened… but it seems like she's dropped the subject, at least for the time being. The sound of a door opening in the distance is heard and soon Kaji enters the kitchen…
 
Kaji: Morning, everyone… (Sniffs the air) Mmm… that smells good…
 
Hikari: There's plenty… go ahead and eat…
 
Kaji does just that, grabs a nearby chair, and sits down. “So… what're you guys up to this morning? Anything exciting?”
 
Toji: Naw… nothing much, just a little hands on activity…
 
Shinji and Kensuke turn red.
 
Kaji: I see… well, as long as you guys don't do anything too drastic, I can't really say much. It's a really stressful time for all of us… and I it may be boring here sometimes… but I'll try to help out.
 
Hikari: That's very nice of you, Mr. Kaji.
 
Kaji: Please call me Kaji… and no problem Hikari.
 
Asuka: Talk to Misato at all this morning?
 
Kaji: No… I haven't heard a thing. She said she'll try and call me later… if that's possible.
 
Asuka: Well, if we're gonna be stuck in here, I don't see any reason why we should get dressed up… I'm staying in my pajamas.
 
Rei: Asuka does have a point… and I am very… comfortable with my current attire.
 
Kaji: I have no problem with that. Why don't we play some games together? I heard about yesterday's Monopoly game… (Chuckles)
 
Rei: I will be the thimble again…
 
Kensuke: Rei, you know that everyone…
 
Rei: (Looks at her boyfriend) I know… they will be out to get me. I believe that I can overcome that disadvantage…
 
Asuka: Pretty bold, Rei… we'll soon see how good you really are…
 
Shinji: Asuka, you don't need to be mean…
 
Asuka: Hey! I'm not being mean, I'm just saying…
 
Toji: (Talking to Kaji) I'll go set up da game… wanna help, Hikari?
 
Hikari: Sure!
 
After getting everything setup, the group plays the game several times… first as a free-for-all, and two more times with various teams. After 3 hours, everyone is Monopoly-ied out… except for Rei who has won every game.
 
 
While the game is going on at the apartment, Misato is busy looking at some data and reviewing some prelim plans for attack and some new defenses for NERV and for the kids and their current situation.
Commander Ikari and Fuyutski call Misato to a special briefing in Commander Ikari's office.
 
Gendo: I have already set up several decoy buildings, there will be “movements” there, copying the normal activity of your apartment, Major.
 
Kozo: I've also come up with a plan for a quick and safe escape route, should push come to shove…
 
Misato: (Curious) And what would that be?
 
Kozo: Work crews will be working at all of the buildings… but they will be doing major work at all but two buildings… yours and one decoy. A simple paint job will be the cover for the ”escape slide”…
 
Misato: Huh?
 
Gendo: Basically, a slide will be built so you and the pilots can jump in and be clear of the building within several seconds. The end of the slide will deposit you several blocks away in a secure bunker… from there you can go to street level or down to NERV Headquarters.
 
Misato: Well… I certainly wasn't expecting that kinda of escape plan… it certainly has merit in my book.
 
Kozo: Work is beginning immediately. After SEELE's failed invasion, we took the time to buy out your apartment building… the necessary apartments will be careful vacated and the occupants generously compensated.
 
`Wow… I didn't even know that… no wonder the complaining about the landlord stopped…' Misato thinks as she contemplates all that she's just heard.
 
Misato: Sounds good to me, sir. I'll get right on it.
 
Gendo: Good. (Pauses) That is all… dismissed.
 
 
Misato leaves the room and heads back up to the main level of the Command Center, while Kozo and Gendo talk further.
 
Kozo: That was pretty creative… I certainly wasn't expecting that kind of a solution from you…
 
Gendo: I try not to disappoint, Professor… (Folds his hands)
 
Kozo: If anything, this could be beneficial… the bonds between the pilots will strengthen as they realize why we need to find and destroy SEELE… and then there is the matter of the personal relationships among the pilots.
 
Gendo: A full medical test will be postponed until next Monday…
 
Kozo can see that something is bothering Gendo but decides not to say anything. `It must be Rei… and her behavior since the foiled SEELE invasion. She's acting very… human…'
 
 
Back on the main level of the Command Center, Misato talks with Maya. Maya is busy input data into the computer but decides to talk with Misato… she has some questions to ask.
 
Maya: How are the kids doing? I'd bet it must be tough to be cooped up all day in that apartment.
 
Misato: Well… I'm not too worried about it. There are plenty of games… and knowing some of them, they'll find ways to pass time…
 
Maya: I see…
 
Misato: The Commanders came up with an interesting plan for an escape route… and they've set up decoys and decoy buildings…
 
Maya: (Nods her head) That's good… I'm worried about them. This is a… stressful time for all of us…
 
Misato puts a hand on her friends' shoulder and smiles. “I know it is… it's really nice that you're thinking about all my kids…” Misato chuckles and Maya speaks a moment later.
 
Maya: Maybe… when things calm down, I can stop by again and see everyone again.
 
Misato: (Happily) Sure! I'll have Shinji cook something special for dinner…
 
Maya: (To herself) I'm glad she didn't say that she was going to make dinner… (Out loud) Can you give me a hand with this?
 
Misato: Sure…
 
Misato and Maya work together that project for several hours before Misato leaves to head home. She notices several cars similar to hers in the parking lot as she leaves. `Must be part of the decoy program…' she thinks and drives home.
 
 
When Misato does get home, she finds Kaji waiting for her at the door. He puts one finger over his mouth and Misato nods her head. She follows him as he heads into the front room… where she finds Rei snuggled up to Kensuke on the couch and covered with a blanket.
 
Misato gently tugs on his shirt and they head back to her bedroom.
 
Misato: Afternoon nap?
 
Kaji: Yeah… Shinji is with Asuka in her room… Toji is in Shinji's room… and Hikari in Rei's…
 
Misato: I see those two haven't gotten that far yet… it's nice to see them taking their time. I'm a little worried about Rei and Asuka.
 
Kaji: There was a little commotion this morning… but I'll tell you about that later. (Takes off Misato's jacket) I'm more worried about my wife at the moment…
 
Misato: (Playfully) You are? That's so nice… (Pulls off his shirt) I've been thinking about you all day…
 
Kaji reaches out, pulls Misato into an intimate hug, and begins passionately kissing her. Misato can feel the familiar fiery feeling passing through her body as he starts squeezing and caressing her behind.
 
Kaji: So have I… (Slips his fingers under her sweater and removes it) You are the most beautiful woman in the world…
 
Before Misato can reply, Kaji places kisses on her neck and gently down her chest… causing her to moan.
 
Misato: Mmm… I've wanted you to do that for two days…
 
Kaji: And I've wanted to hear you moan like that since last time… (Gently moves his hands onto her breasts)
 
Misato: Kaji… I want you…
 
Kaji: So do I…
 
 
 
A couple hours later, Shinji wakes up, the familiar strands of fiery red hair fill his vision. He turns his head to look at Asuka's clock… and realizes what time it is.
 
Shinji: (Whispering) Asuka… it's almost 6:30… are you hungry?
 
Asuka: (Mumbling) Asuka need sleep… (Reaches out and pulls herself back against his chest)
 
Shinji: I guess not…
 
Shinji passes time by rubbing Asuka's back gently and caressing her hair. He could still smell the scent of strawberries in her hair from her earlier bath… `That must be her favorite shampoo… it makes her smell so nice…'
 
Shinji truly enjoyed times like this… he was very comfortable now with being with her like this… in her bed and in nightwear. He had enjoyed their very forward make out session earlier in the day… but sometimes he just wanted to hold her. For her part, Asuka loved being with him like this… being with him made her comfortable and she slept well. The way he babied her while she was relaxing and asleep made her feel nice inside… all of her troubles seem to go away if Shinji was there…
 
About an hour later, Asuka stirs and opens her eyes. She pulls away from Shinji's chest and finds that he has fallen asleep again. She gently places a kiss on his cheek and whispers in his ear…
 
Asuka: Wake up, Shin-chan…
 
Shinji soon reacts to that familiar voice and opens his eyes.
 
Shinji: (Smiling) You finally decided to wake up, huh?
Asuka: That's right… and I'm hungry. Will you help me make a snack? (Playfully pouts) Please?
 
Shinji knows what she's up to… but doesn't care. He's noticed that the more time they spend together, the easier things got in their relationship… and after this morning, Shinji wants to “build himself up” some more so that he can handle the sudden, more intimate turn that their relationship had taken.
 
The two get out of bed and head into the kitchen. After making something to eat, they head into the front room… and see the sleeping Rei and Kensuke on the couch.
 
Asuka: (Softly to Shinji) Aww… how cute!
 
Shinji: I don't think we should wake them up…
 
Rei's voice is heard a moment later. “It is okay… I have been awake since you two started cooking in the kitchen…”
 
Shinji: I'm sorry if we woke you up…
 
Rei: Do not worry about it.
 
Asuka: (Noticing the way Rei is snuggled against Kensuke) I see you're imitating me now…
 
Rei blushes. “It seemed like a very… comfortable way to sleep…”
 
Asuka: It sure is… your brother here makes a really nice pillow…
 
Shinji: Asuka!
 
Asuka chuckles and Rei sits up while Kensuke stirs. He soon opens his eyes and reaches for his glasses… Rei gently places them in his hand and he begins to look around.
 
Kensuke: Umm… how are you guys doing?
 
Asuka: Oh, we're just fine… (Asuka sits down on the floor at the base of the couch) Shinji, sit down and eat before the soup gets cold…
 
Shinji sits down and then motions towards the kitchen. “You two can have some soup… Asuka and I made plenty…”
 
Rei: Thank you. (Turns to Kensuke) Are you hungry, Ken-kun?
 
Kensuke nods his head and Rei stands up. The two teens head into the kitchen and soon return with soup of their own…
 
Asuka: It seems like we're missing a few people…
 
Shinji: I think Misato's back…
 
Asuka: Well, if that's true… she won't be up for a while… (Chuckles)
 
Kensuke blush brightly… Shinji does as well, but not as much. He's used to comments like that from Asuka.
 
Rei: I think it would be along the lines of him being up.
 
Asuka, Shinji & Kensuke: REI!
 
Asuka: (Quickly changing the subject) I was talking about Toji and Hikari…
 
Kensuke: Oh…
 
Asuka: Yah know… those two are the only couple that doesn't sleep together.
 
Kensuke: B-b-but Rei and I don't sleep together....
 
Rei: Ken-kun, we just were.
 
Kensuke: Oh... um... I... (Mentally curses his forgetfulness)
 
Shinji: (Knowing Asuka is going to come up with some kind of plan to get them to do that) Asuka, I don't think we should…
 
Asuka: Oh, come on… you used to be shy like that… and now look at you, Shinji. (In a whisper) Three buttons… (Rubs her fingers across the top button of her pajamas)
 
Shinji: (Nervously) I umm… well…
 
Rei: Hikari appears to be more… conservative in her relationship with Toji…
 
Kensuke: I don't think we should push them into anything… but this is a stressful time… maybe, umm… Hikari could use some more comfort from Toji…
 
Asuka: Then it's settled… I think I have an idea…
 
Shinji rolls his eyes and then Asuka explains her plan. Shinji's glad that he doesn't have to get involved at all… Asuka is the only one that actually has to do anything. Asuka heads over to Rei's room and wakes up Hikari…
 
Asuka: Wake up sleepyhead…
 
Hikari: (Opening her eyes) What is it Asuka?
 
Asuka: Toji wants to talk to you in Shinji's room…
 
Hikari: Oh… (Pushes back the covers) I guess I'd better go right over there and see what he wants…
 
Hikari gets up and starts walking back towards the apartment, Asuka is following behind her, all the while sporting a wide grin. Hikari stops in front of the door and Asuka motions her to go in… which she does so after a moment's hesitation.
 
Hikari: (To herself after closing the door) Where's the light switch?
 
Hikari moves around the dark room and loses her balance… falling onto the bed. Toji hears a female voice and wakes up… `Is that da class rep? Sure sounded like her…'
 
Toji: Is dat you, Hikari?
 
Hikari: (Slightly embarrassed) Yeah… I just tripped and fell on the bed…
 
Toji begins moving his hands around on the bed in an attempt to find his girlfriend… his hands soon come across something soft… and round… `Uh-oh… I think I'm touching her…'
 
A stinging slap is felt on his face a moment later, confirming the idea that his hands had once again accidentally wondered onto her breasts. He immediately removes his hands and rubs his cheek…
 
Toji: Oww!
 
Hikari: I'm sorry… but you shouldn't be groping around in the dark like that…
 
Hikari is surprised to hear Toji laughing a moment later. “What's so funny?”
 
Toji: You just made a joke… I guess I was groping in da dark…
 
Hikari: Pervert!
 
Toji: (Softly) Hikari… I'm just kidding with you… what brings you in here?
 
Hikari: Wait a second… I thought you wanted to talk to me… that's what Asuka told me…
 
Toji: Sounds like you fell for one of her plans… that girl got yah again…
 
Hikari: Oh…
 
Toji: Since you're here, do yah wanna talk for a while?
 
Hikari: Sure…
 
Hikari moves next to Toji on the bed and stretches out. Toji cautiously reaches his left hand out and starts caressing her soft hair…
 
Toji: I love it when you let your hair down… brunettes are the cutest…
 
Hikari: (Blushing) Toji…
 
Toji: I wonder why Asuka sent ya in here? Any ideas?
 
Hikari: I don't know… maybe she's trying to get us to be closer or something…
 
Toji: Hmm… knowing her, I bet that's the answer…
 
Hikari: It's kinda cold in here… Toji, could you…
 
Before she can say another word, he lifts the covers and then places them over both of them. Hikari stays where she's at… she's still a little nervous about being with him in the same bed.
 
Toji: Is that better? I don't want my girl getting cold…
 
Hikari: Yes, it is… thank you. Toji… do you… (Hesitates for a moment)… miss me at night?
 
Toji: Kensuke's good company… but I'd rather be next to you any day!
 
Hikari: (Happy but embarrassed) Oh… I see…
 
Toji: What about you? How's everything over in Rei's room?
 
Hikari: Everything's fine… we talked a lot last night. I think I'm getting to know her a lot better since that bombing happened…
 
Toji: I'm still worried, yah know… about what's going on… I bet those people are out there looking for us…
 
Hikari: Me too… (Moves her right hand into his left hand) As long as I'm with you, I think I'll be okay…
 
Toji: Hikari…
 
Toji starts caressing her hand she sighs and relaxes… letting her tensions float away. `He's always here for me… he wants to be with me… I couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend…'
 
The door is flung open a moment later and the light comes on. Asuka, Shinji, Rei, and Kensuke enter the room… Asuka is disappointed that her friend didn't do more with her boyfriend… `At least she's with him… I want her to have a strong bond with him, in case some more stuff happens… we have to be here for each other…'
 
Kensuke: Getting cozy with the Class Rep, huh Toji?
 
Toji: Go away! Can't yah see that I'm talking with my girl? (Hikari blushes)
 
Shinji: We didn't come in to spy on you… there's some soup on the stove… if you're hungry.
 
Hikari: We'll be there in a second.
 
Asuka, Kensuke, and Shinji turn around and leave the room. Rei pauses and then decides to try something new that she learned recently. Hikari blushes again as Rei gives her a “Thumbs up” and then leaves.
 
Hikari: I guess that's how Asuka felt this morning…
 
Toji: I didn't mean ta peek on what they were doing.
 
Hikari: (Smiles) I know you didn't. (Leans over and kisses him on the cheek) Let's get something to eat, okay?
 
Toji smiles and the two head into the kitchen. After reheating the soup, they sit down in the front room and watch TV with the two other couples. About thirty minutes later, Misato and Kaji emerge from the bedroom and see the kids in the front room.
 
Asuka: About time you two woke up…
 
Misato: I was tired after work, what can I say?
 
Kaji: (Noticing that the TV is on) I see that you guys are keeping yourselves occupied…
 
Toji: We're trying… but there's only so much yah can do inside…
 
Misato: (Sighs) I know… and I'm sorry that I can't do anything about that. I did find out that NERV is working right now to build an escape slide for us in case we need to get out fast…
 
Rei: (Raises an eyebrow) A slide?
 
Asuka: Who came up with that idea?
 
Misato: Commanders Ikari and Fuyutski…
 
Kaji and the others look at Misato… surprised at such a concept coming from those two. After the shock has worn off, Kensuke asks a question.
 
Kensuke: Where's it supposed to connect to in the apartment?
 
Misato shakes her head. “No idea… they're already starting work on it… I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow…”
 
Misato rubs her stomach. “Anybody make dinner?”
 
Toji: There's still some some soup left… Shinji was nice enough to make a large batch.
 
Shinji: It was nothing… and Asuka helped me out, too…
 
Misato: Well, thank you both…
 
Kaji and Misato reheat the soup and sit down at the table.
 
Kaji: It seems like the kids are starting to get bored already… and we don't want them to get too bored or…
 
Misato: Yeah… I know… things could happen.
 
Kaji: Any ideas for doing something fresh in the apartment?
 
Misato: Let me think about that…
 
Kaji and Misato eat and while doing so, ponder the new problem at hand. Misato thinks about music and how the kids seem to like to dance…
 
Misato: (Snapping her fingers) I got it!
 
Kaji: Tell me…
 
Misato motions Kaji to move closer and he leans his head towards her. She whispers in his ear… and his eyebrows go up in surprise. “That's pretty original… I know that we'd like it… but…”
 
Misato: Don't worry… there's lots of songs that the kids will like… I'll bring it back after work tomorrow…
 
Kaji: Sounds like a plan to me…
 
The evening continues without incident and the adults head off to bed. Asuka and Shinji head for her room… and the remaining boys and girls split off and head to their respective rooms. Before Hikari can settle down in Rei's bed… she pauses and thinks about an idea she had earlier. `Do I have the guts to do this? It's not too forward, is it? We've done it before in the front room…'
 
Rei: It looks like something is on your mind…
 
Hikari: Well… I was just thinking… about Toji.
 
Rei: (Bluntly) You wish to sleep with Toji tonight?
 
Hikari blushes and turns her face away. “Well umm… no… I mean yes… ummm…”
 
Rei: What do you feel in your heart? I can tell that you really like him…
 
Hikari: I do, I do… but… I don't want to move too fast… (Waves her hands defensively) Of course, I'm not saying you and Kensuke are going too fast.
 
Rei: Do not worry about that. Whatever you feel comfortable with, that should be far as you go. I know my brother has recently become very comfortable with Asuka…
 
Hikari: I guess he has… I know Asuka's energetic, but I didn't think she was already taking off her clothes… (Blushes)
 
Rei: Asuka… is a very unique person. I value my friendship with her… we both have been through a lot together.
 
Hikari nods her head and remembers what she he had heard yesterday… `I still can't believe how much those three went through… no wonder everyone wants to stop SEELE so badly… and I don't blame them…'
 
Rei: If you wish to spent the night with Toji… then Kensuke would have to switch places with you… (Blushes slightly) That would be… nice…
 
Hikari: Maybe… maybe another night…
 
Rei: (Slightly disappointed) It's okay Hikari…
 
Hikari: Sorry… (Pulls the blanket over her) (Yawns) I'm gonna go to bed… I'll talk to you in the morning.
 
Rei: Good night.
 
Rei thinks for a while before falling asleep. `She almost did it… but she's still hesitant to be with him. I was really looking forward to being with Ken-kun…' Spurred to action, Rei quietly slips out of the bed and heads back into the main apartment. She gently knocks on the door to Shinji's room and hears a voice says “Come in…”
 
Rei: I am sorry to disturb you two… but I need something from Toji.
 
Toji: (Surprised) Uh, sure… what did yah need?
 
Rei: Grab your things and follow me, please…
 
Kensuke shrugs his shoulders and Toji grabs a blanket and pillow and follows Rei. He surprised to find himself in Rei's room a few moments later.
 
Toji: (Softly) What's this about?
 
Rei: I wish to spend the night with Kensuke… would you mind spending the night on the floor, so that Hikari will have someone to be with her?
 
Toji almost fell over from shock before shaking his head quickly to clear away the confusion.
 
Toji (In a loud whisper): Wait a sec… you want me... to stay here... with Hikari... while you sleep with Kensuke?!
 
Rei: Correct, but I am not asking you to lie with Hikari, I was merely asking you to sleep on the floor near her.
 
Toji blinks again.
 
Toji: Just... sleep... in here... by her...
 
Rei: Do you not wish to be close to Hikari?
 
Toji: Well yes… um... no... um... not like that... I...
 
Rei: I am not asking you to have sex with her, merely sleep beside her on the floor.
 
Toji cannot help but blush.
 
Toji: (In a squeaky voice) Um... ok...
 
Rei smiles at him and abruptly turns and walks away leaving the gaping Toji staring at her... then at Hikari. He turns off the light and takes glances up at the bed. `Hikari looks so beautiful… the moonlight in her hair… wow…'
 
Toji: (Chuckles) I've been kicked outta my room... so I guess...
 
He looks at Hikari again and cannot help but smile.
 
Toji: Kawaii. Someday Hikari... I'll make you proud of me and when I do… I'm gonna make you Mrs. Suzuhara... that is if you'll have me... kuso... I wish I could say that when yer awake.
 
Sighing, Toji places his things and slowly fades into sleep as he dreams of the future
 
As Toji falls asleep, Rei is making her way back to Shinji's room. Kensuke is startled to hear the door open… he can't see who it is because the lights are off.
 
Kensuke: About time you got back, Toji…
 
Rei: Would you prefer him over myself?
 
Kensuke: (Surprised to hear Rei's voice) Rei?
 
Rei smiles and then makes her way towards the bed. As was the case with Hikari, Rei doesn't quite make it to the bed before falling. Kensuke feels her crawl into bed next to him…

Kensuke: Rei… you're gonna… (Gulps) Spend the night with me?
 
Rei: If that's okay with you, Ken-kun…
 
Kensuke: (Not believing his good fortune) O-of course…
 
Rei snuggles her body against his and immediately feels very warm and content… just like she did earlier, when she was with him on the couch. She soon falls asleep… Kensuke ponders what just happened.
 
`Rei… I can't believe that we're spending the night in the same bed… you're really becoming more comfortable with me… I wish I was less nervous with you…'
 
It takes Kensuke a long time to get to sleep… Rei being with him in bed is just a little too much for him to handle at the moment. After several attempts, he finally falls asleep… sometime after 1 A.M.
 
 
Tuesday January 19th, 2016
 
 
Misato starts work at NERV at 9 AM today… so she decides to get up around 8 AM for work. Kaji joins her for breakfast and then heads back to bed. He can't wait for her to come back from work… especially if she can find that stuff she mentioned yesterday.
 
The teens wake up at various times… Shinji wakes up first and Asuka soon follows. The two exchange a few kisses before heading into the kitchen to make some breakfast.
 
Over in Rei's bedroom… Hikari's eyes flutter open… and she stretches her arms towards the ceiling. `Something is missing…' she thinks as she looks around. `Rei's nowhere to be seen… and… someone's on the floor?'
 
Hikari moves to get a better look and finds Toji fast asleep on the floor. `He spent the night here with me? I guess he wanted to be near me… that's sweet of him. But where's Rei? I don't think she slept here at all last night…'
 
Wanting to know more, Hikari gets out of the bed and sits down next to Toji. She gently shakes him and whispers his name… in an effort to wake him up.
 
Hikari: Toji… Toji…
 
Toji: (Opening his eyes) Huh? Am I dreaming…?
 
Hikari: (Chuckles) Toji… I'm really here…
 
Toji: (Rubs his eyes) This is better than any dream... (Takes her hand and holds it)
 
Hikari: Toji… you were here all night?
 
Toji: Umm… yeah… Rei wanted to be with Kensuke… so I kinda got kicked out of Shinji's room.
 
Hikari: (Surprised by Rei's ever increasing boldness) Oh…
 
Toji: It was okay… just being in the same room with you is nice…
 
Hikari gently squeezes his hand and moves in for a kiss. He returns her kiss and pulls her down onto his chest. “Hikari… I don't wanna leave yah…”
 
Hikari speaks a moment later. “Neither do I… I'm going miss being with you so much…”
 
 
The tender moment is interrupted a moment later by the sound of clapping.

Asuka: You two make such a cute couple…
 
Shinji: Good move, Toji…
 
Hikari buries her head into his chest and Toji decides to defend them both.
 
Toji: How'd yah know I was here?
 
Asuka: After we found Rei cuddled on top of Kensuke in Shinji's bed… we knew that you had to be here. I swear, I think Rei's trying to catch up to us or something…
 
Shinji: What do you mean by that?
 
Asuka: Well, the way her hair was messed up and the disarray of his clothes… I'd say the two had a pretty heavy make-out session…
 
Toji: (To himself) Man, is everyone one here obsessed with sex or somethin'? The way those two act… and how Rei and Kensuke are going at it… man…
 
Shinji: Rei said nothing happened… and I believe her. You know she doesn't lie…
 
Toji: Look… I think everyone should mind their own business… what I do with Hikari… (Blushes)
 
Asuka: Hmm… thinking perverted thoughts now, aren't we, Toji?
 
Hikari: (Sitting up) Asuka!
 
Shinji: Asuka… let's go back to the kitchen. By the way, breakfast is almost ready…
 
Hikari: We'll be there in a minute…
 
Shinji and Asuka leave and all is silent. Hikari is thinking about what Toji just said… `Maybe he wants to do more with me… the way he said that… made me think of stuff we do in private… like make-out…'
 
Toji: Damn I wish she'd mind her own business at times...
 
Hikari chuckles. “That's just how Asuka is… but don't let it bother you too much. Let's go eat some breakfast, okay?”
 
Toji: Sure thing…
 
Toji and Hikari head to the kitchen and join the others for breakfast. After cleaning up, the group watches some TV and plays some card games to pass time. Kaji digs out some more of Misato's old board games and joins the teens…
 
Later that afternoon, Kaji is watching TV while the six teens take naps. He hears Misato come in the apartment and is surprised when a box and two bags are dropped on the couch next to him…
 
Misato: Sorry I'm late… I had to do some shopping. (Winks at Kaji)
 
Kaji: I can see that… hmm. (Opens the box) Wow… you found one!
 
Misato: I had to spend a few yen to get that… but I think it'll be worth it. Go ahead and look through that bag on the left…
 
Kaji reaches for the bag in question and pulls out some clothes…
 
Kaji: (Smiles) Perfect…
 
Misato: What are we waiting for? Let's get this thing hooked up… and there's a CD with music from that time period in the box, too…
 
Kaji: Sounds good to me…
 
 
About an hour later, Shinji wakes up. Despite the many times that he's spent in Asuka's bed with her, he still is moved every time he wakes up and his vision is flooded with a fiery red color…
 
Shinji gently runs his fingers through her soft hair and gently rubs her back. A few minutes later, his quiet time is interrupted by loud noises coming from the living room. Music starts to be heard… `I've never heard anything like this before…' Shinji thinks as he lays his head back down on the pillow. `Sounds like Misato and Kaji got some new music…'
 
Shinji can hear them singing along with the English language music… about five minutes later all is suddenly quiet. Shinji can see the living room get dark and notices the light is not coming under the door to Asuka's room.
 
Misato: (In the distance) Ok, turn it on!
 
Kaji: (In the distance) Right!
 
Misato: Now that's fancy! Play that song for me, the long one with the killer keyboarding!
 
New music begins to play, Shinji just gives up on sleeping anymore... and then Asuka starts mumbling the words to the previous song in her sleep...
 
'Boogie nights... boogie nights...'
 
Shinji wakes up Asuka with a gentle kiss on the cheek. She looks at him and notices a puzzled look on his face
 
Asuka: Is something wrong, Shin-chan?
 
Shinji: Oh, it's nothing... sorry to wake you up...
 
Asuka: It's okay... (Pulls his body against hers) What kinda music is that? (Looks at Shinji) Do you have any idea?
 
Shinji: No. I only know that it's in English.
 
Asuka: Well, let's see what they're up to...
 
Asuka and Shinji get out of bed and silently walk up to the door of Asuka's room. They open it just a crack... and observe what's going on. What they see is unlike anything either has seen before...
 
Misato and Kaji are dressed in retro 70's clothes, dancing around. Both teens watch as they sing along with the song...
 
("The Groove Line" by Heatwave- lyrics are below for those who haven't heard the song before. As usual, I suggest finding the song and downloading it if you haven't heard it before…)
 
Pack your grip
Takin you on a trip
Ain't no seats
All we got's dancin' feet

Leave your worries behind
'Cause rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Get this train
Know you'll be glad you came
Hit the track
Party hard there and back

Leave your worries behind
'Cause rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Check out the wheels a turnin'
You know we won't stop
We got this boiler burnin'
We're keepin' it hot
So grab your friends
Get the train comin' through
Climb on board
Where you leave's up to you

Leave your worries behind
'Cause rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Leave your worries behind
'Cause rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Check out the wheels a turnin'
You know we won't stop
We got this boiler burnin'
We're keepin' it hot
So grab your friends
Get the train comin' through
Climb on board
Where you leave's up to you

Leave your worries behind
'Cause rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight

Rain, shine don't mind
We're ridin' on the groove line tonight
(End lyrics)
 
 
Shinji and Asuka observe the dancing during the song, thinking about what kind of remark to say to them. Misato notices them at the end of the song and promptly grabs Kaji's hand...
 
Misato: Come with me...
 
Misato drags Kaji to Asuka's door, Shinji and Asuka had started backing away from the door... and then it suddenly opens...
 
Misato: Good evening! I see you two already noticed my new purchase... it's so fun!
 
Kaji snakes an arm around Misato's stomach.
 
Kaji: Very fun.
 
Asuka: (Looking at the ceiling) Just what the hell is that thing?
 
Misato: Come on, I'll show you two...
 
Asuka and Shinji reluctantly follow Misato into the front room... and find Rei staring at the new object hanging from the ceiling.
 
Rei: What is this device?
 
Misato: (Proudly) It's an authentic... disco ball!
 
Shinji: (Confused) A what?
 
Kaji: Don't tell me you never heard of disco music or a disco ball? (Turns to look at Asuka) I thought you may have heard of it before... in one of your college classes...
 
Asuka: Hmm... maybe. Wasn't this a music trend of the 1970's?
 
Misato: (Nods her head) Yes.
 
Rei: And this ball is an accessory from that time?
 
Kaji: Yep,,, and this is a real one.
 
Misato: Why don't you guys dance with us? We'll show you how...
 
Asuka: Hold on... that decade was also one of drugs, sex, and feminism...
 
Rei: If that is the case, I believe that mom and Kaji would have been at home in that time period.
 
Asuka and Shinji start laughing... Rei is getting a lot better at making jokes... and this one was perfect. Rei looks at them and smiles...
 
Rei: It appears that I am getting better at humor...
 
Misato: You can say that again... good job, Rei.
 
Shinji, who has partially recovered from the joke, stands next to Rei and puts his hand on her shoulder.
 
Shinji: That was a good one, Rei...
 
Rei: Thank you, brother... (Pulls Shinji into a hug) I am trying to be... more of a person... thank you for giving me that chance...
 
Shinji: (Softly) No problem, Rei...
 
Misato: Aww... (Looks at Asuka) See Asuka, I am a model guardian...
 
Asuka: Yeah, sure... whatever. (Stomach grumbles) I'm hungry...
 
Shinji and Rei break their hug and Misato takes this opportunity to ask Shinji something...
 
Misato: (In a sweet voice) Shin-ji... would you make us dinner?
 
Asuka: (Following Misato's lead) (In a cute voice) Please, Shin-chan?
 
Rei: Brother, you make excellent meals...
 
Shinji: (Sighs) I see that Rei is learning from the best...
 
Misato: Of course...
 
Shinji: (Resigning himself to his fate) Fine, fine...
 
Kaji: After dinner, Misato and I will show you guys some dance moves...
 
Asuka: (With some sarcasm) Oh, great... I'm really looking forward to that...
 
Misato takes Asuka off on the side and whispers in her ear.
 
Misato: You'll get to be close to Shinji... I'm sure you noticed some of the moves Kaji and I were doing. Wouldn't you like to do that with Shinji?
 
Asuka: (Thinks about the moves in question, there was some close body contact between Misato and Kaji) Sure. (Pauses) You are something, Misato... you want to keep an eye on us, so we don't do anything rash... but then you encourage us to be close...
 
Misato: There's a difference between dancing and sex, yah know…
 
Asuka; (Suddenly remembering some of her college reading) I thought dancing was supposed to be symbolic of the closeness between two people… it is tied in with the thought of sex.
 
Misato: I umm… (Caught off guard by Asuka's comment) Do you want to learn the dance moves or not?
 
Asuka: Sure, what have I got to lose?
 
Misato heads over to the phone and makes a quick phone call while Shinji makes breakfast. Rei and Asuka assist him while Kaji sets up some more music and digs out some more 70's memorabilia…
 
Hikari walks into the front room and notices Kaji's unusual clothes… and then her eyes are drawn up towards the ceiling…
 
Hikari: What is that thing?
 
Kaji: You've never seen a disco ball before?
 
Hikari shakes her head. Kensuke and Toji walk into the room a few moments later and are surprised as well…
 
Toji: Wow! I don't believe it!
 
Kensuke: (To Kaji) Is that a real disco ball?
 
Kaji: (Nodding his head) Yes, it is.
 
Hikari: (Looking at Toji) How did you know what that was?
 
Toji: Oh, it was easy… I remember seeing it on TV…
 
Kensuke: (Looking up at the ball) I'll bet that wasn't cheap… (Looks at Kaji's outfit) Those clothes must've cost a lot, too…
 
Misato: (From the kitchen) Yeah… but hey, NERV's paying for it… I know you guys were getting bored…
 
Asuka: You can say that again… (Motions Shinji to come closer) (In a whisper) Except for you, Shinji… you haven't bored me at all. In fact, you've been really exciting lately…
 
Shinji: (Blushes) I… I'm trying…
 
 
A little while later, dinner is finished and everyone sits at the dinner table. The hot topic of conversation is, of course, the new addition to the apartment…
 
Hikari: Where'd you get the idea to get the disco ball, Misato?
 
Misato: It just came to me… and I figured you guys would need something new to do… (Chuckles)
 
Kaji: And of course, she got the authentic wear as well… what do you guys think of my duds? (Stands up)
 
All six teens look at Kaji's outfit. A white jacket covers a white button-down vest. A black belt goes around his waist and is paired with white bell-bottoms and black shoes…
 
Misato: (Winks at Kaji) You look great, dear…
 
Rei: Interesting…
 
Ken blinks at Kaji and leans over to Rei.
 
Kensuke: Um... I think that is what's called a dud...
 
Rei: A dud?
 
Kensuke: Yeah... as in a bomb... that didn't work... that outfit bombed so bad it was a dud...
 
Hikari overheard Kensuke's whispering and began to snicker. Toji leans over and asks Hikari what's so funny. She whispers in his ear and then he begins to laugh as well. All of this laughing soon gets Kaji and Misato's attention… something just didn't feel right…
 
Kaji: (Wryly) What's so funny?
 
Misato: (Stares at Toji) What'd Hikari just tell you?
 
Hikari starts to get nervous and Toji tries to think up something else to say… Kensuke is really getting nervous because he'll be the one to get blamed for this…
 
Asuka: (Snapping her fingers) I swear you remind me of some anime character… but I can't remember which one…
 
Misato snickers at the thought of Kaji as an anime character. Shinji blinks... then snickers... for all the tough guy act that Kaji plays up... to be called an anime character gets him to laugh aloud.
 
Kaji: (Still chuckling) Good one, Asuka…
 
Kensuke: Well, taking a better look at him, Kaji looks more like that guy from the movie “Airplane”…
 
Kaji nods his head. “Yes… but there was someone that made this look popular before that movie…”
 
Toji: I know! That guy… umm… John Travolta… yeah, dats the name. (Imitates Trovota's dance while singing the theme song) Staying alive... staying alive... whoo whoo hoo..
 
Hikari: (Very impressed and also scared a bit) Wow, Toji… I didn't know you were into this music era so much…
 
The others say... oh wait... they can't say anything as they have their faces smashed into the floor... even Rei has face faulted.
 
Misato gets up and walks over to Kaji, trying to shake off the effects of what he just happened.
 
Kaji: And now, let me tell you about what the lovely Mrs. Kaji is wearing…
 
Misato blushes for a moment and then does a few poses…
 
Kaji: Open-toed sandals go with the bell-bottom jeans… (Points at her belt buckle) A peace symbol on the belt buckle, definitely 70's… and of course, a form fitting tie-dye T-shirt completes the outfit.
 
Rei: A very unique outfit…
 
Hikari: It's amazing how much style has changed since then…
 
Toji: (Softly to himself) Definitely form fitting…
 
Hikari smacks Toji and he turns his head and looks at her.
 
“What? It's form fitting... and she... well... look!"
 
"Are breasts all you care about Toji?" Hikari quickly responded.
 
"Hell no! You know I care more about you then I do a nice set of breasts."
 
Everyone blinked at that... and they knew that he had complimented Hikari... though his wording… needs help... a lot of help.
 
Asuka: (Teasing Misato) You're getting Toji here all excited… maybe this isn't the right decade for him…
 
Toji: (Mumbling) Oh be quiet…
 
Kensuke: (Trying to help his friend out by changing the subject) Um… you were going to show us some dance moves, right?
 
Misato: (Teasing Kensuke) Sooo, you can't wait to dance with Rei?
 
Rei blushes and then Kensuke responds to her question.
 
Kensuke: N-nnooo…
 
Misato takes Kaji's hand. “Ready, dear?”
 
Kaji: (With a grin) Always…
 
Misato and Kaji prepare to teach some new dances moves to the six teens… they put in several different CD's and turn off the lights. A few moments later, the room is bathed in the glow of the disco ball…
 
Misato: All right, let's get started. Everyone pair up…
 
Misato waits for the couples to get together and then continues.
 
Misato: Just watch Kaji and I as we dance… we'll start with some easier moves and then move to some closer and faster dance moves.
 
Kaji: Everyone ready?
A collections of “Yeahs” is heard a moment later. Some of the teens are more nervous then the others… but are curious about learning some new dances… and being closer to their respective significant other. Misato heads over to the CD player and hits play…
 
As the evening goes on, various songs play in the Katsuragi apartment. “The Hustle”, “Knock on Wood”, “Don't Leave Me This Way”… just to name a few. When the song “Stayin' Alive” is played, Toji starts to demonstrate some of the moves he had talked about earlier… and Hikari blushes as she attempts to dance along.
 
Hikari: (To herself) The way he's dancing… it looks a little silly… but things like that… are why I like him…
 
Asuka: (To Shinji as she motions at Toji) Why can't you do that?
 
Shinji: (Sighs aloud) We just started learning this stuff… I never had seen any of these moves before today…
 
Misato and Kaji notice the conversations going on and smile. “The kids are really taking a like to the dances…” Misato says to Kaji.
 
“Yeah… but I think they're getting tired…” Kaji says as he nods at Rei and Kensuke. “How about a slow song to finish everything off?”
 
Misato: (Thinks about it for a moment) Hmm… give me a second.
 
The current songs finishes and then Misato changes tracks until a new song starts to play…
 
Kaji: Last song for tonight, guys… and this is a slow dance…
 
The song “Always and Forever” starts to play as the four couples get closer and enjoy a quiet, intimate dance…
 
(Lyrics for the above song are quoted below)
 
Always and forever
Each moment with you
Is just like a dream to me
That somehow came true
And I know tomorrow
Will still be the same
Cause we've got a life of love
That won't ever change

And ev'ry day
Love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away with a smile
Take time to tell me you really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you

There'll always be sunshine
When I look at you
Something I can't explain
Just the things that you do
And if you get lonely, phone me and take a second
To give to me the magic you make

And ev'ry day love me your own special way
Melt all my heart away with a smile
Take time to tell me you really care
And we'll share tomorrow together
I'll always love you
 
(End lyrics)
At the end of the song, Asuka pulls Shinji into an intimate hug. Rei places a tender kiss on Kensuke's cheek… the song's lyrics really touched her heart and she wanted to express herself. Toji and Hikari are standing still, lost in each other's eyes. Hikari can hear Toji softly singing the chorus lines to her… causing her to swoon even more over him…
 
Kaji: (Softly to Misato) Looks like they really liked that last song…
 
Misato: I always did… (Pulls Kaji into a hug) Don't forget, always and forever…
 
Kaji: (Flirting with her) As long as I've got Misato Kaji by my side, I'll be fine…
 
Misato: Ooh… you just love teasing me with that name, don't you?
 
Kaji: Why not?
 
Asuka clears her throat. “Why don't you two get a room?”
 
Instead of making a smart comment back, Misato suddenly has a wicked grin on her face.
 
Misato: Not a half bad idea, Asuka… we'll see you guys in the morning…
 
Asuka just rolls her eyes and watches as Misato and Kaji swiftly leave the room. She could swear that she heard the words “Gotta take off that shirt…” as they exit.
 
Shinji: (Blushing) Asuka… umm… that wasn't a bad idea…
 
Asuka: (Teasing Shinji) Oh… so you wanna go to bed with me now…
 
Shinji: Umm… yeah… and... help you... out of your shirt...
 
Asuka's eyes go wide and she smiles seductively. She then takes Shinji's hand. “Good night everyone…” she says hastily and pulls him out of the room.
 
Four other “Good nights” are heard and then Shinji and Asuka head off to bed. Rei and Kensuke are still enjoying being close… and Hikari has since snuggled her chest against Toji.
 
A little while later, Toji is about to head off to bed when he notices Rei and Kensuke pass by him in the corner of his eye. `Well… it looks like those two are spending the night together again…'
 
Toji: Umm… Hikari…
 
Hikari: (Raising her head from his chest) What is it?
 
Toji: Well, umm… it looks like umm… it's “just the two of us”…
 
Hikari: What do you mean by that, Toji?
 
The door to Shinji's room closes... causing Hikari's eyes to go wide.
 
Toji: (Chuckles slightly) Ah... um... it looks like Rei and Kensuke have... um... decided to sleep together... I just mean to sleep... I hope.
 
Hikari: (Madly blushing) Oh, well… umm…
 
Hikari takes Toji by the hand.., and leads him to bed. Toji is surprised by her boldness and remains silent as she sets up a futon for him on the floor next to Rei's bed. She turns off the light and allows the moonlight to illuminate the room.
 
Hikari: I think tomorrow… Rei needs to be with Kensuke in her own bed…
 
Toji: (Chuckles) Yeah… we should be in Shinji's room. Somebody's gotta use that bed… he's always in Asuka's bed…
 
Hikari blushes after Toji finishes speaking… her blush illuminates the room.
 
Toji: Wow… cute…
 
Hikari: (Realizing that he failed to figure out why she was blushing) Oh, Toji…
 
Toji walks over to Hikari and places a kiss on her lips. “Good night”…
 
Hikari: Good night…
 
Hikari watches as Toji crawls into the futon and goes to sleep. She gets under the covers and thinks about everything that she's done with Toji today… certain ideas and thoughts cross her mind as she drifts off to sleep…
 
Wednesday January 20th, 2016
 
Around 9 A.M. a boom rocked the apartment... some things were knocked over. Misato wakes up cranky... Kaji was worried what it meant. Elsewhere in the apartment, Shinji, Hikari, and Toji slept though it… of the latter two... Hikari fell out of bed into Toji's arms. Asuka was awoken to the noise... and after everything stopped shaking she noticed Shinji was still sleeping. Feeling mischievous, Asuka gets on all fours and positions herself right above Shinji.
 
Asuka: Shinji… Shinji… wake up…
 
Shinji's eyes flutter a few moments later and then become extremely large a moment later…
 
Shinji: (Blushing as red as a tomato) G-g-good morning, Asuka…
 
Asuka: `Morning, liebchin…
 
Shinji continues to stare at Asuka's bra and her breasts, much to Asuka's amusement.
 
Asuka: Can't get enough me, can you?
 
Shinji shakes his head.
 
Asuka: (Teasing Shinji) Good… I wanted to give you a nice view to wake up to…
 
Shinji: Umm… yeah, very nice view… (Gulps)
 
Asuka: (Playfully) There's one other thing I wanna do before we get out of bed…
 
Shinji: (Afraid and excited at the same time) Umm… what's that?
 
Asuka: (With a devilish grin) This…
 
Without warning, Asuka unleashes a tickle attack on Shinji, quickly rendering him helpless under the onslaught of her deft fingers.
 
Shinji: (Laughing) Stop that…
 
Asuka: Not until you surrender! (Chuckles)
 
Shinji refuses and as he's tickled by Asuka, tries to figure out how she knew that he was ticklish in certain places. Right before asking her to stop, he figures out the answer to that question and thinks of an appropriate way to get Asuka back.
 
Shinji reaches for Asuka's sides and begins lightly running his fingers up and down her skin, causing her to start laughing and end her attack…
 
Shinji: Got yah…
 
Asuka: (Laughing) Shinji… that feels good…
 
Shinji doesn't stop and moves his fingers up her side and begins tickling under her arms… that doesn't last long, however. Asuka reaches for Shinji and pulls him into a very intimate hug…
 
Asuka: (In a sultry tone of voice) Mmm… you're certainly fun in the morning…
 
Shinji gently rubs Asuka's back with his hands… he can feel the pleasant pressure of her breasts against his chest… and he doesn't want that feeling to stop.
 
Asuka: Shin-chan… (Kisses his cheek)
 
Shinji: Asuka… I was thinking about something last night…
 
Asuka: (Curious) Go on…
 
Shinji: Well, I umm… was wondering if you'd… (Gulps)… be my model again. I wanted to do some more drawing…
 
Asuka: (Smiles) Good idea! I just loved that “Angel” picture you made of me… there's a reason why it's over there, hanging on my wall.
 
Shinji: Okay… but I could use some practice… maybe I could make one for everyone…
 
Asuka: That's sweet of you… and I can't wait to see what come up with.
 
Shinji nods his head and looks into Asuka's blue eyes… `She's so beautiful…'
 
Asuka smiles and places a kiss on Shinji's lips. “Shinji… I'm getting hungry… can you help me make some breakfast?”
 
Shinji: Of course…
 
Asuka and Shinji get out of bed and retrieve their tops. As soon as they're redressed, both head out of the room and into the kitchen. While the two other teens had been tickling themselves silly, Rei and Kensuke woke up. Rei looked puzzled but Kensuke tells her that it was just a sonic boom produced by a fighter... and since he's a military buff, Rei accepts that explanation. Since they're already up, they decide to go prepare breakfast… Misato and Kaji are the next ones to arrive in the kitchen a short time later.
 
Misato: (Yawning while she scratches her stomach) Good morning…
 
Shinji and Asuka: `Morning…
 
Rei: (To Kensuke) That noise earlier was quite loud…
 
Kensuke: Oh, yeah… sounded like some fighter jets going by at close range…
 
Asuka: So that's what that was… damn jets woke me up…
 
Kaji: Toji and Hikari must be sleeping in…
 
Asuka: (With a devilish grin) Everyone follow me…

Rei raises an eyebrow and knows that Asuka's up to something… Shinji and Misato also wonder what the girl has planned…
 
Asuka leaves the room and the others follow right behind her. When Asuka reaches Rei's room and goes inside, she stops in her tracks. `I need a new plan now… just look at them…' Asuka thinks as she scratches her chin.
 
Silent gazes look upon the sleeping couple… Hikari and Toji are next to each other, in the futon, and in each other's arms. `How cute…' Misato thinks as the silence continues. Asuka begins to giggle… and it's contagious. Misato and then even Rei join in while the men ponder what's going to happen when either of them wakes up…
 
Hikari, hearing the giggling begins to slowly wake up... and notices a big teddy bear in her arms. “Cuddly...”
 
The giggling increases and gets louder. Hikari begins to open her eyes... and sees Toji…
 
Asuka: (Teasingly) Is that his new nickname?
 
Rei: (Looking at Hikari) I see you have a pet name for your boyfriend as well…
 
Hikari blushes and covers her eyes. Kensuke stoops down and starts shaking Toji…
 
Kensuke: Wake up… “Cuddly”…
 
Kaji and Shinji begin to snicker as Kensuke continues to gently shake his friend… until he finally wakes up…
 
Toji: (Irritated) Hey… what's with all da' shakin'?
 
Kensuke: If you want I can call Hikari back so she can cuddle with her teddy bear some more…
 
Toji wonders what the hell Kensuke is talking about… and why everyone's laughing. He looks around and notices that Hikari is in the bed with him... and his arm... is still under her...
 
Rei: (Observing the situation) It appears that you have overcome your nervousness about being in the same bed with Hikari…
 
Misato is about to comment when she hears a phone ringing in the distance. She dashes out of the room… Kaji follows her and notices that several items have been knocked on the ground by the earlier sonic boom.
 
Back in the room, Toji is red in the face and silent… and Hikari still hasn't taken her hands off of her flushed face. Toji can't answer Rei's question and babbles incoherently… he realizes that he's just “slept” with Hikari…
 
Shinji, in a moment of mercy, decides to save his two friends from further embarrassment.
 
Shinji: Isn't breakfast getting cold? I think we should go back and eat… (Looks down at Toji and Hikari)… and if you guys are hungry, come with us…
 
Toji: (Making a mental note to thank Shinji later) Umm… sure…
 
Toji stands up and extends his hand out to Hikari, who slowly takes her hands off of her face and reaches her hand out for his. Toji pulls Hikari up to her feet and then Shinji starts walking out of the room… Asuka is right behind him. Kensuke and Rei look at the couple for a moment and then leave… Rei is glad that Kensuke knows where the line is and that he didn't make any more comments to the embarrassed couple.
 
Midway down the connecting hallway between the two parts of the apartment, Rei stops and looks at Kensuke intently. `He knew when to stop… and he was very passionate last night…'
 
Kensuke: Rei, are you okay?
 
Rei: (With a grin) I will be in a moment…
 
Before Kensuke can figure out what she meant, Rei moves forward and passionately kisses him. Her arms wrap around his body and she can feel him kissing her back with just as much passion and emotion…
 
Hikari and Toji walk around the corner on their way back to the main apartment and find Kensuke and Rei making out in the hallway.
 
Toji: Well, well… look who's getting cuddly over here…
 
Kensuke breaks the kiss with Rei and glances at Toji for a moment and then returns to kissing Rei's lips. `I don't care what he says… I'm in the middle of something…'
 
A flustered Toji just stares back… Hikari blushes as she elbows him and pulls him towards the kitchen. After they leave, Rei is happy about what Kensuke just did… `My efforts are paying off… Ken-kun is being very affectionate and isn't as shy as he was before…'
 
About a minute later, the two lovers hear a sound in the distance. Kaji clears his throat and motions the couple to come closer…
 
A short time ago when the phone rang…
 
“What was that?" Demanded Misato as she picked up the phone.
 
"And good morning to you too..." Aoba said with a chuckle. "Anyway, I wanted you to know that there was an unknown plane inbound that would be coming a little too close to your apartment for the Commander's liking. So a fighter was scrambled."
 
"So that was the noise?"
 
"Yeah, to catch it before it got to close it had to go supersonic... sorry for waking you like that."
 
"Yeah whatever... what happened?"
 
"It was just a faulty transmitter on the incoming plane. It was forced to land and everything is ok."
 
Misato: Glad to hear that… I was really worried for a second there….
 
Aoba: Sorry about that…
 
Misato: At least you called me… and now I can tell everyone else here what really happened. Thanks, Aoba…
 
Aoba: No problem. Talk to you later, Major…
 
Aoba hangs up the phone and wipes the sweat off of his brow. He was also worried about that plane as well… until the plane was down on the ground … `It's a good thing that it was a false alarm…'
 
Someone on the ground, observing from a remote location in the mountains surrounding Tokyo-3, jots down a few notes in a notebook…
 
To be continued in Chapter 31: (I always feel like) Somebody's Watching Me
 
Yes, a blatant song rip off for the next chapters title, but it most certainly works. New chapter should be up soon, am about 90% done with it. Thanks to Tex for getting me the hookup with some dial-up connections… (Better then nothing at this point)