Nightwalker Fan Fiction ❯ A Way Home ❯ A Familiar Face ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer- I don't own Inuyasha or any of its characters!*

 

A Way Home

Chapter 2- A Familiar Face

 

The light faded and Shido's adjusted to the darkness once again. Riho was gone and so was the breed. He hung his head in defeat, Riho was gone. He screamed into the night sky in grief.

"Now Shido, is that any way foe a vampire to act? I would think I taught you better." A deep, Transylvanian, accented voice echoed in the alley.

Shido's head shot up. "CAIN!!" He had tear stains on his cheeks.

"You are pathetic Shido. You could not even protect your own fledgling."

"Shut up!" Cain ignored him and continued.

"I do wonder though, how you found this creature I have been hunting for some time now."

"What? Why have you been hunting this breed? Hunting breeds doesn't sound at all like you."

"Yes, well I have a score to settle with this one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~To Riho~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riho was floating in white nothingness. The white was so bright she had to keep her eyes closed.

"Where am I? Shido?' She floated for a while longer before she felt her body touch something solid. She cracked one eye open and caught the sight of a clear evening sky. The sun was just below the horizon casting brilliant color across the sky. She opened both eyes all the way and glanced around. She was in a park! She was lying on the grass under a cherry blossom tree. There was a lake sparkling in the evening light in front of her. She slowly sat up. She was a little sore from the fight, but she would be better soon.

"Where am I? How did I get here? Shido?" She looked around. "Shido?" She was alone. "Maybe he went back to the office." She stood up and turned to head to the city. She froze at the sight. "What?! Where am I?! What is this?!"

Where a grand city with busy streets and tall sky scrapers once stood, a small town now stood. Wooden huts and dirt roads with horses replaced it. It looked like something from a western movie. "I must be dreaming!"

She slowly walked toward the town. She passed people on horses dressed in old clothing. People waved as she passed. She nodded to them. She stopped in front of the General Store and decided to go in and get some answers. She walked through the doorway.

"Good mornin' little lady! How are you today?"

Riho looked up at the man behind the counter in front of her.

"Fine, but could you tell me where I am? I seem to be a bit lost."

"I though you weren't from around here. Sure, you are in…" he scratched his head in thought. "Well, we haven't thought of a god name for our town yet." He smiled.

"Well, what year is it?" The man looked at her funny.

"Uh, it's the year 1753."

"What?!"

The man jumped back in surprise, not expecting the outburst. "Is there a problem?"

Riho's head was reeling. `How can I be here? This is impossible!' Riho realized she was asked a question.

"Uh, no! No problem. I uh,…just realized It's my brother's 18th birthday this year! I lost track of time! I uh,….thank you, but I got to go!" She turned and ran out the door. She sighed.

`Great. Now I am in the past! How do I get home? To Shido?' She hugged herself. Night was falling. She needed to feed soon. She had not fed the day before. She walked slowly down the dirt road dragging her feet. There was a flash of silver, her head shot up and she gasped.

She heard a muffled scream and then saw a flash of gold. She glanced at the area the scream originated from. Her eyes widened as she saw someone hunched over a man's body and the other person standing off to the side. The man standing had long blonde hair tied with a ribbon.

`He looks familiar!' The man turned and Riho saw his profile. "Cain! What is he doing here?'

"Very good. You are getting better." he said in his Transylvainian accented voice.

The man hunched over pulled his head up wit his mouth open and fangs bared, covered with blood. The human he fed on fell limply to the ground dead. The man had long silver hair and his eyes shone a brilliant gold color. He wiped his mouth with his hand and stood glaring at Cain.

Riho gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. The two men didn't seem to notice.

"You have done well, Shido."

Shido glared. "You know I hate this! I hate taking life!"

"Yes, but you must to survive. You will get over it."

"I should kill you!" Shido screamed.

"You are unable to though. I have yet to teach you how to use your vampire abilities in offense."

Shido turned his back on Cain.

"Don't turn you back on me!" Shido ignored him. "You ungrateful…! Show your master more respect!" While screaming at Shido, Cain had manipulated his blood into a sword. Riho gasped. Shido's back was still to Cain and had no idea what Cain was getting ready to do.

Riho glared in anger. Cain slowly and silently made his way toward Shido, ready to strike. Riho bit into her finger and manipulated her blood into a whip. She lashed out at Cain with a yell. The whip wrapped itself around Cain, pinning his arms to his sides causing him to drop his sword.

Shido heard the sword clatter to the ground and heard a girl yell. He turned around. His eyes widened at the sight. There was a young girl dressed in strange clothes with long brown hair. She had a whip of blood restraining Cain!

`She must be a Vampire! I didn't think there were any otheres.'

"Cain, leave him alone!"

"How do you know me? If I recall we've never met."

"Oh we've met, but you don't know about it yet."

"Stop talking in riddles." Cain struggled to break the bonds, but was unable to.

`Is she another fledgling of Cain's?' Shido thought as he watched the struggle.

"You are surprisingly strong."

"I'll take that as a compliment coming from you. My master taught me well." She looked up at Shido for the briefest moment.

He saw her gaze. It held such sadness, but why? It also held longing. Shido was confused.

"Leave Cain! He doesn't wish to do the things you want him to!"

Shido was completely dumbfounded. How did she, a stranger, know what her wanted to do and know Cain?

Cain eyed her and then snorted.

"Fine, I will take my leave, for now. I just want to know one thing."

"What?" Riho asked while loostening the whip gradually.

" I wish to know who your master is."

Riho stiffened. `What should I tell him?! If I tell him, it could change history! What should I do?!'

 

A/N:

OK, What did you think? I know CLIFFY! Me so EVIL! HA HA HA! Review me Please! I made this one longer than the last since it was a long wait. I am getting back into writing after suffering a major writer's block! Well, I hope to see many great reviews and I will update As soon as I get another chance!

Inudemoness89