Original Poetry Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Ranking ❯ Ranking+Top 20? ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ranking

Chapter One - Top 20?
*First Day of College*

*buzz* *buzz*
"All new freshmen onto the soccer field!"
The speaker buzzed a few times before it died out. All the new students or so called "freshmen" were walking to the huge soccer field out in the back of the school.

The soccer field was huge and it was connected to the foot ball field with only a movable fence to divide it. All the students gasp and woo and all sorts of stuff.

*group of boys*
"Hey look! Isn't that the top student from up north?"
"Oh my gosh it is! What is her name?"
"I think her name is Im Cho. She is top number one."
"She is so hot and pretty."

More mumbling as more students came onto the field.

*group of girls*
"Hey look, Jung Seung! He is so hot!"
"I know he is so cute...I wonder if he has a girlfriend?"
"I heard he rejected every girl that asked him out."
"Wow! That is so cold...but maybe those girl aren't pretty enough."

As the last student came onto the field the Principle of the school came out. He had a folder with him and walked up to the stand that held the mic.

"Students! Students! Can I get your attention please? Students!"

Most of the students continue on to talk with their friends or pretend not to hear.

"STUDENTS!" the principle roared into the mic blasting the sound waves into maximum.

After the echo died out a creepy eerie silent followed through.

"Now that all of you are listening I would like to continue on with the day's plan."

He bends down to grab the folder he had dropped when he yelled into the mic. He was a chubby man in his mid 40's with a mustache. He wore a suit along with a red tie that made him look business like. But truth be told he look a lot more like a chef.

Standing up he fixed his tie and placed his hand on the stand and propping up a smile on his face.

"As you know, I am the principle of this school. I am proud to have all of you students attended my collage. I am also proud that this years freshmen we have some of the top students attending here. At first I thought it was only going to be three, but as it turn out to be 20 top students."

The guy looked like his smile was going to split his face in half. He looked out to the students who stared wide eyes in disbelief. Instantly after that the students got into a group and started to gossip about the possibility of this happening.

Standing by the stage I manage to catch a few threads of word,

"I think he is just faking us...you know."
"You would think he is fat enough...he looks twice as fat with that smile."
"Be more mature man, we are in collage."

"Students! Let me introduce the top 20-"

"But I thought only top 10's can be introduce!?"
Someone yelled out from the crowd.

Looking up at the principle, I saw his eyes gleam with irritation but his smile prove to be proud.

"Good question. Well let me tell you why I said 20 top students. Each one of them is equal to another. Now without any further ado, let's introduce them. Top three number ones are Jung Seung, Im Cho, and Noh Bae."

The principle went into a clapping tantrum, followed by the clapping done by the student body.

"Now this is very special because she is all alone...or simply put the only number Two, Ahn Min!"

Another around of clapping up roared, as I walked up the stage to stand next to the guy called Noh Bae.

I crossed my arms and put on an irrited look on my face. I hate being center of attention, and I would try not to draw as much attention to myself as possible.

As the principle called out more names and went into clapping tantrums, I looked at each and every single one of the top students. You would think they all look like those popular kids with nothing better to do than go out and party.

The only one I try not to look at was Im Cho. We were once best friend, and I had promise to protect her. Back in elementary other kids bullied her and called her names. But when I got to that school, I quickly became her best friend and vow to protect her always, and to always do everything for her. Until we got into middle school everything began to change so fast. She began to slowly ignore me and act like I wasn't there. But whenever she was in trouble or feel sad she would come to me. I felt used but I had vowed to take care of her, so I continue to help her. As time progress through my friend Dae and I came to know one and another. She sometimes helped me help Cho, but she hated Cho. Until Cho betrayed me and almost killed me. She brought a knife to school and threaten to kill this one girl who she had hated since elementary. They had gotten into a fight as I appeared and tried to stop them. Cho took out the knife, and I told her to put it away. She looked at me and dash for the girl. Instantly my mind blanked and I ran to block the girl and I got stab. After that fight Cho was to be expelled from school. But I went to plead and ask them not to expel her. I wanted to do anything to help her. Until her next words froze the blood in my body," Min made me do it...I was scare to do it but Min forced me too. I got scared and didn't know what to do my mind just blanked out." Every since that day Cho looked at me different and lied to every single one of my friends about me. All but one and that was Dae, who didn't believe a single word that Cho said. Every single teacher and every single students in middle school looked at me different; except my family, because they know how I really am. Everyone was afraid of me and hated me for the words that came out of Cho's mouth. She was nice and calm and pretty, so everyone believed her. I was noise and kind of got into trouble, but most of it was to protect Cho. Eventually I had a chance to go ask Cho why she had told a lie to the teachers and the whole school about me. She told me," Because you vow to protect me."

"Min...Min?"

I snap out of my flash back and looked up at the principle. He was twice as fat as he was from far away.

"Yes, Sir?"

He raised one eyebrow and gave me a key.

"This is your room from now on."

I nod my head and took the key from him and turn to go off the stage as quickly as possible.

I knew that look and that look was the same look the principle in my old high school gave me when she found out I went to her school.

The looks that plainly show - I don't care if you are number Two, I will kick you out of my school if you stir trouble.