Original Stories Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Second Chance ❯ Two Friends = Two Fashions ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

5 years later
 
I wandered around my territory, ready to catch the thief who kept stealing my food when I went to visit Ryan. I wouldn't go today, but only because I had an important mission to fulfill. Let me inform you a little on what happened after I left…
 
I ran and ran and ran. Finally I reached the restaurants ally and laid down on what was now my box. It began to rain and I was lucky that the head-chef knew this. He came outside and placed a blanket on top of my box. He looked around the ally, obviously looking for my mother. He sighed.
 
“Poor, poor puppy. You can stay as long as you want, no one can touch you here.” He looked at me sympathetically, and I actually felt sorry for him. I was going to leave the next day, but I just wanted one last night to be in my old home.
 
The next day was sunny, but I felt like I was under a thunderstorm. I set out early that morning, before the chefs arrived so the head chef wouldn't put scraps out just so they wouldn't be eaten. I walked down through the town, searching for a place to call my territory. I finally found a spot that was smaller than the restaurants ally, but still pretty big. There was a dumpster in it, which meant food. Two recycling bins. One for cans and plastic, the other for cardboard boxes. This meant shelter and chew toys! I wondered why no other strays had taken to this place, and I soon found out. A thief stole food from you when you weren't there. No one had ever caught the thief, so I was about to make a record.
 
Now you're updated on what happened. I've been trying to catch this thief every time I return from Ryan's house, but he seems to know my schedule. I hid behind the dumpster, ready and waiting. I was in a position that said: `Beware, or I'll attack you!'
It had been awhile so I began wondering about very random things. Some of which included what dog-food tasted like, if I should look for a boyfriend soon, and what a lime smells like. I never smelt limes before. Then I heard something and realized that some one was digging through my dumpster! I got ready. I got steady. And I'm gone! I pounced with speed and power, landing on the scared looking little thief. I sniffed and then…
“A cat!?” I yelled at the feline I stood upon. “You stole from my dumpster?” I laughed out in amusement. Why hadn't I seen the signs before? The smells hadn't smelled like dog, but I was too lazy to notice. It didn't matter now, I found my criminal.
“P-please don't eat m-m-me!” The little cat was scared out of her wits, and I felt a sting of guilt. Why would I eat her?
“I'm not going to eat you.” I looked at her with a puzzled expression on my doggy face. She was a very cute little cat, now that I think about it. The fur on her back was a chocolate brown, while the fur on her stomach and chest was a much lighter brown. She had beautiful shining blue eyes. Sparkling white teeth and big ears went along with the other features. There was a reddish-pink colored bow tied around her neck and tail, her tiny paws came with tiny claws to complete her cute little style. Another random thought popped into my head. `I wonder what I would look like with a bow…'
I thought about this for a moment, then turned back to this cute little cat. I thought about befriending her, but what would my other friends think? I looked at the cat and noticed that she no longer looked scared, but sad. I sighed, why must god be so unfair?
“Where do you live?” I asked her gently. “I'll take you home if you want.” She looked at me but didn't seem too happy.
“I don't live anywhere.” She stated plainly.
“Then why not stay with me?” I asked, perking up a little. Please let this one thing happen for me, I would be helping her too, right?
“Okay! But only if you promise not to eat me.” She looked at me suspiciously.
“Gotcha!” I said with a wink. I really wanted some company, and now I had some. “First things first, what's your name?”
“Sapphire, Chocolate, Brownie, Scarlet, Becky, which ever you prefer.” She looked glum as she said this.
“I like the last one, so from now on your true name will be Becky! I'm Krissy, by the way.” The look of boredom and gloominess disappeared from Becky's face, only to be replaced with a look of excitement and happiness. As her face lit up like a light bulb, so did mine. Becky was actually a nice person, and just needed someone else to help her by giving her something important to everybody. She needed a friend. A true friend, not one of those `friends' who just wants to be with you because no one likes them and everybody likes you. Or vice versa. Yet another random question to ask came to my mind.
“Where did you get that bow?” I asked her. I wanted one. A blue one. One that spread out and swished in the wind when I ran.
“I'll show you.” She said as she began to lead me to the place where she got it.
 
When we got there, I was quite surprised. She took me to a pet salon! It was the most expensive one in town, and I once took my old cat Fifi to it. She loved it there. I couldn't resist, and I began walking toward the beautiful entrance. There was a doggy/kitty door there, so obviously strays were aloud. Becky and I walked in and I barked at the lady at the front desk. She looked up from her book and smiled at us.
“Hey there guys. Need something?” she asked sweetly. I fixed my face to look sad and lost and hungry. I whined and her eyes began to water at my superior acting skills. She walked over and picked us up.
“I'll give you the whole deal, no charge!” she then handed us to two ladies who set us down in front of a series of bows. There were about ten different colors! Blue, black, pink, red, yellow, green, purple, white, grey, and even rainbow! I looked all the colors over and chose the baby blue one. Becky decided on pink this time. Little bows were tied to my feet, while a bigger one was tied around my neck. Then both of which were taken off so the handlers could give us baths, brush us, dry us, then the bows were on again. Becky had the same style, a bow around her neck and a bow around her tail, while I had a bow around my neck and front paws. While Becky made her style look cute, I made mine look just plain hot! I checked myself out in a mirror and made a mental note to myself;
`Flirt with more guys, you look hot,' I told myself.
“You should flirt with more guys, you look hot in that outfit.” Becky seemed to have a thing for mind reading, but she was right.
“Yeah, you're right!” we talked about cute guys we knew all the way back to our territory. We occasionally stopped to flirt with a cute looking dog/cat/both. When we got back, we chatted about which `stop' was our favourite. Hers was a jet-black guy cat with a very muscular cat-body and a handsome curvy tail, as she described. Mine was a tall and handsome German shepherd. He was 50 percent black, 50 percent beige, and 100 percent cute. We stopped and chatted and I found out his name was Jeremy. He seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't quite tell where I had seen him before. Hmmm…
 
The next day Becky and I went to see Ryan together. We came at a different time today. Instead of halfway through the day, we came early. Ryan was out, playing with a dog. The dog was tall and handsome. Half black, half beige, and you guessed it, totally cute. That's where I had seen Jeremy! He belonged to Ryan! Wow, who would've thought that the human I used to have a crush on would have a dog that looked totally hot to me now! Becky, once again, used her mysterious mind reading powers to enlighten me on what I already knew.
“He's pretty cute, for a dog.” She stated calmly.
“For a dog, pphtt!” I exaggerated a little bit at the end of my sentence, but I couldn't help it! He was perfect! I felt like I was floating, and lost control of my feet. I began walking towards the most perfect dog guy there was, but I was luckily stopped by mind-reading Becky.
“You're crazy.” She giggled at my actions, only to turn this light giggle into a storm of crazy laughter.
“Now who's crazy?” I asked sarcastically, which made her stop laughing so hard. Now we were both giggling, but this made us look even cuter. Our delightful laughs were interrupted… Very rudely, mind you… By none other than the jet-black feline who happened to have his very own feline fan-girl. Becky looked under control and calm, but I could tell that she was burning with excitement by being near him.
“Hey.” He said coolly.