Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Angel's Gift ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Angel's Gift Part Six

"I hate to impose on anyone," Roma said softly to the group at large, "but Marilyn and I have nowhere to go." She silvery android smiled slightly as she looked at Jenna and asked, "Would you object to us staying with you, Princess Jenna?"

"Of course I object," Milly suddenly popped up from nowhere, the fur on her ears and tail standing on end once again. "As soon as you two get your ship fixed you'll try to take Jenna away from us," the redhead growled.

"Milly," Jenna put her hand gently on the catgirl's shoulder.

"Can they repair their ship here?" Kat asked them pointedly.

Roma sighed, "Not with the materials available here, no."

"Whaa! We're stranded," Marilyn started crying again.

"Please, don't cry," Allison said, patting the blue haired girl gently on the shoulder.

"Of course you can stay with us," Jenna beamed at the two happily, her long black hair curling down her back.

Marilyn stopped in mid-sob to say, "We can? Oh, thank you!" Instead of hugging Jenna, she happily threw her arms around the startled Allison.

"Hey, wait a minute," Allison started.

Milly bodily pulled Marilyn off the sandy haired girl, "Hands off the princess' fiancee!"

A smiling Kat shook her head, her long brown hair flowing around her face, "You are in so much trouble, Allison."

Milly and Marilyn were standing in the middle of the bookstore glaring at each other, Jenna had latched on to Allison again, Roma had a pained expression on her face, and Kat looked like she was having a great time watching the chaos unfold.

"You are so right," Allison murmured softly.

The leather clad Sharin strode away from the bookstore, an odd look on her face. The blonde haired woman shook her head as she thought, 'Why did I compliment Milly like that?' She scowled, 'I don't even like her!'

"And she certainly doesn't like me," Sharin muttered aloud.

Sharin came around the corner and froze, looking right into the barrel of a gun. A very large gun, she quickly noted, that was being held by a black haired, boyish young man with a particularly irritable expression on his pretty face. Long pants, a shirt with straps that tightly bound the chest, and a long overcoat finished the look.

"Where is she?" the voice, however, had a rather feminine lilt to it.

'Do I even need to guess who she's taking about?' Sharin thought, having decided that this was likely a woman. She could use her powers to create a shield in about a second or so, but a second was all the lady would need to fire.

"I don't know," Sharin answered her aloud. 'That's totally honest, as I really don't know exactly where she is,' she thought impishly.

"You're a Quester," the woman said softly, "why aren't you bringing her home yourself?"

"It's a little more complicated than that," Sharin answered. 'She obviously knows who I am,' she thought uncomfortably. "Who are you?" she finally asked.

The black haired woman's eyes narrowed slightly as she quickly asked, "Jenna's bonded with someone here, hasn't she?"

Sharin firmly kept her mouth shut. 'Allison's just an innocent bystander in this,' she thought, 'no need to get her in anymore trouble.'

A slight smile teased the lips of the woman, "You're loyalty does you credit." The gun was smoothly slid away, "My name is Amara." She turned, walking down the alley with her overcoat fluttering around her, "I'll see you again."

The wind picked up, dust blowing into Sharin's face and forcing her to shut her eyes. When she opened them up again, Amara was gone. "Just what I need," the blonde growled to herself softly, "yet another complication."

Sharin's body glowed brightly for a moment, then she simply faded away.

A few hours later, Allison locked up the shop after waving good-bye to Kat, Jenna still keeping a firm grip around her waist.

"You two have fun," Kat smirked.

Allison rolled her eyes, "Not likely."

Not with Milly, Roma and Marilyn coming along as chaperones, anyway. 'What am I thinking?' Allison blinked, a bit of a blush appearing on her cheeks.

"Are you all right, darling?" Jenna asked sweetly.

"I'm fine," Allison blinked, for a moment finding herself lost in Jenna's eyes.

"They're certainly cute together," Roma noted coolly to Milly.

Marilyn sniffled a bit, "That's so romantic!"

Milly wiped at her eyes with a handkerchief, then passed it to Marilyn.

'I am so glad it's a short walk home,' Allison sighed as they headed out.

Milly paused just before they were about to go in, her hand resting on the door handle. Her eyes narrowed slightly, "There's someone in there!" Not pausing a moment, she flung the door open and leapt with a bloody cry!

A female voice gasped, "Ooof!"

Allison, Jenna and the others rushed inside, to see Milly's tail lashing as she glared down at a mildly pale looking Sharin.

"Haven't we done this before?" Sharin managed to smile.

"Hmph," Milly bounded to her feet, "don't sneak into the Princess' house!"

"Sorry," Sharin sighed, "but we've got another problem, Princess."

"I'll say you do," Amara said coolly as she stepped from the shadows, startling everyone standing in the room. She raised her gun, studying the faces in the room as her gaze passed from Milly to Marilyn, Roma, then stopping at Jenna's.

"What do you want?" Jenna asked with a great deal of dignity.

"You to come with me," Amara answered.

Allison stepped in front of Jenna, "You're not taking her against her will..." she started, then trailed off as she looked at Amara.

Amara looked equally stunned.

Finally they both pointed at the other and asked, "What are YOU doing here?!"

To be continued...