Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angel ❯ Realization ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fallen Angel
 

 
The world is about to change and there is only one person that can save all humanity, but will she accept her destiny?
 
~ Chapter Two ~
 
 
Realization
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Tama's Room~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Taking a deep breath, Todd lifted his hand to the door with Tama's name on it and knocked. Inside the room, Tama heard the knock at her door and sighed. She knew that her mother wanted to talk about what had happened, but she just wasn't ready to tell her. Looking down at herself, she noticed that she was once again in her normal form. Sighing again, she walked to the door.
 
`Might as well get this over with. Then I can get back to figuring out how not to go back to school ever again,' Tama thought as she walked over to the wooden door and grasped the handle, letting the door glide open to reveal...not her mother, but...
 
”TODD!?!” she hadn't realized she had said it out loud until the said boy lifted his eyes from the ground to look at her.
 
“Yes, it's me Tama.” Realizing that she was upset and rather nervous, he decided to go in for a cheap joke. “You didn't think I would let you get out of our media assignment that easily, now did you?” he asked as he lifted one of his eyebrows and pursed his lips in the weirdest smile ever. She couldn't help herself, it was just too funny. Tama's hand flew to her mouth to cover up the giggles that were about to escape.
 
“Don't DO that,” Tama said snickering. Moving away from the door, she invited him into her room.
 
“So,” Tama said as she walked over and sat down on her bed. “What are you really doing here?” She watched, as instead of answering her question, he sighed and threw his jacket onto the floor and moved towards her bed, kicking his shoes off on the way. Getting to the edge of the bed, he looked down at her and gently pushed her over and lay down beside her, obviously making himself comfortable and started talking.
 
“Tama, I know what happened in class upset you...actually, I know it embarrassed you and made you feel like a freak. It might be hard to believe, but I'm a freak too, but I am sure you already know how freaky I am after all,” he said, starting to smile his typical sexy smirk. “ The school bad boy.”
 
She said nothing. This was going to be harder than he thought to explain things about what had happened to her in class. Sighing again he decided to see if she remembered what the voice had said before transforming her.
 
“So Tama, before you um...changed did you notice anything different, like a sound or something?” Todd asked, trying not to be too noticeable about the question. Tama looked at him, but his eyes seemed to be focused on a spot on the ceiling, which in turn gave her time to look over what he was wearing. She let her now blue eyes travel over his face down to his lips were they rested for longer than they should. Shaking her head a bit, she let her eyes travel down the arm closest to her and noticed that it was a tank top that he had under his jacket: a very tight tank top that showed her just how fit he really was.
 
Blushing slightly, she made sure to file away the mental picture of his washboard abs and let her eyes continue to wonder down his arm to where it ended right in his lap. Blushing bright red, she quickly snapped her eyes up to his only to blush deeper when she realized that he was now looking at her and smirking. She watched as he slowly leaned down towards her only to stop an inch away from her face and lean towards her, ear to whisper, “Do you like what you see?” in a husky voice. He could tell she was embarrassed and wanted him out of her personal space, so he backed up a bit and lifted the arm that was closest to her and wrapped it around her shoulders.
 
“So you didn't answer my question,” Todd stated, making Tama blush yet again. Todd just snickered. “Not THAT question; the one about the voice or sounds.”
 
She blushed a deep shade of red, but shook it off, remembering the voice she heard whispering in her ear just before things turned black.
 
“Yes, I...I heard a woman's voice softly whispering to me to let it free and that I would always be the `Goddess of the Moon,' whatever that means,” she said.
 
Suddenly Tama started thinking about how when she was a little girl. Her mother used to tell her stories about a Goddess of indescribable beauty with long black hair flowing down her back. Slowly the stories began to make more and more sense to Tama and then the words flashed in her mind and the voice came back: `I will not leave, for your true self must come out.. You are and always will be the “Goddess of the Moon.”' Now it all made sense- she was the Goddess in the stories her mother had told her.
 
`Wait,' she thought, `that would mean...'
 
“SHE KNEW ALL ALONG!” Tama yelled without realizing that she had done it out loud, until she noticed Todd was giving her a strange look. “Um... heh,” she giggled embarrassingly.
 
Turning to face him a little better, she really started to look at him. Something about the way he was holding her and the way he was there seemed to remind her of something else... but... she just couldn't seem to remember.
 
“I was just thinking about the fact that my mom is at home right now. Usually at this time she is still at work.” Tama said meekly, trying to cover up her discovery. Todd would have laughed if he didn't know who Tama was. It was obvious that she hadn't ever lied before and the statement was so obvious that you would have to be a fool to believe it.
 
“Oh, well I guess it's a good thing your mom was home. If she wasn't, I would have never gotten into your house,” he decided it would be in Tama's best interest to follow along with her lie. Todd continued to hold her close and smiled as he noticed that most of her tears had stopped and that she was now falling into deep slumber.
 
`He's so warm. And it feels so right to be in his arms, though something keeps telling me there is more to it then just being comfortable around him. I wonder what it could be...' The thought was never finished because at that moment, Tama yawned and slowly drifted off into dreams of her childhood that she had forgotten over the years.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Tama's Dreamscape~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
“Hey sweetie, it's time for bed.”
 
“Aww, but mom...I'm not tired yet,” whined a young Tama. “Please, please could tell me a story!” the little girl asked excitedly.
 
“I don't know, Tama. It's late and you have to go to school tomorrow.”
 
Seeing Tama's pouting face, Jane gave in and sat down on the edge of the bed.
 
“Ok, but just one. A long time ago, more than 300 centuries ago, in fact, there lived a girl with flowing black hair that went down to her thighs. She had vivid sapphire eyes and beautiful, sun-kissed skin. She was the daughter of King Moonbeam, the man who ruled over the moon. He would always refer to her as his little `Goddess.' Even at the tender age of 17, Jasmine was still his little `Goddess.' Things had been so simple when she was young, playing in the forest and running to and from the castle, to the servants quarters...everywhere. In fact...until the day she turned 18, things were rather easy.”
 
Looking down, Jane gave a small smile as she noticed Tama's wide eyes and her mouth in the picture-perfect shape of a child's curiosity. She smiled more as she continued.
 
“It was a day like any other on the moon: bright, happy, and full of life. It was almost perfect. Jasmine, rather sick of being shooed out of almost every room, took the liberty of escorting herself out of the castle and into the forest. Almost immediately she noticed something amiss in her forest, filled with creatures of the ground and air. Something was...calling to her. Jasmine stepped carefully through the dead silent woods...through thick patches of trees and bushes; wading through a river or two, until finally, she found it. Whatever it was.
 
“Looking at her surroundings, Jasmine was shocked to find herself in a part of her forest that she'd never been in before. Turning towards the beautiful waterfall just slightly to her left, she watched as the crystal clear blue water poured down over the jagged rocks and splashed into a pool of water below, making beautiful sounds. Trees here stood higher than the eye could even see. Some created a canopy that refused to allow even the most miniscule amount of light through. Flowers of purple, pink, blue, and even white adorned the forest floor on either side of the river-like pool; in one spot, however, there was a difference. In that one spot, roses darker than night itself grew and bloomed becoming mingled with the blood red roses that seemed to scream of pain and misery.
 
“Jasmine was drawn into the darker side of this `secret' hiding place. Slowly, as though someone might wake her and ruin an amazing dream, she crept towards the water's edge. Gracefully, with the gracefulness that her mother instilled in her when she taught her to dance, she slipped into the crystal clear water. In one smooth motion and glided across the water to the other side. Creeping forwards on her hands and knees, Jasmine reached the strange array of black and red roses, only to find that what they'd hidden within would spell her doom...”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~End Tama's Dreamscape~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Though Tama was deep inside a `dreamscaped' reality, not everyone was feeling the wonders of a beautiful dream world. One of the tortured souls that remained in the world of the `living,' so to speak, was Tama's mother, Jane.
 
`How could that woman lie to me? How could she have not realized that this would happen...unless...NO! It couldn't be... NO! NO! NO! This was NOT supposed to happen, not to my baby!' Jane's mind screamed in painful agony as she remembered that day, the day Tama, her unborn child, would change forever.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*Jane's MEMORY~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Sitting alone in her kitchen, a twenty-five year old Jane again cursed the man that got her pregnant and then ran off like a scared rabbit. `Here I am, six months pregnant, craving chocolate Coco Puffs, AND my mother still hasn't gotten back from the store yet,' she whined in her head. Sighing for what must have been the eighth time in the past hour since her mother had gone out, Jane closed her eyes for only a moment.
 
“Excuse me?” said an unfamiliar soft feminine voice.
 
Snapping her eyes open so fast it made her slightly dizzy, Jane screamed, “WHO ARE YOU?! HOW'D YOU GET IN HERE?!”
 
The beautiful woman with hair the color of moonbeams and bright blue eyes moved back slightly, shocked by Jane's outburst.
 
Answering neither of Jane's panic stricken questions, she said in a soft voice, “I'm sorry to have scared you, Jane.”
 
Noticing the look of panic return to Jane's face, she continued quickly, “Please, don't scream. I know you don't know of me...but I know of you. I have...I have a favor to ask of you.” The nameless woman seemed to freeze entirely for a moment and then flickered and continued, “Will you listen to what I have to say?” The once rather confident and elegant woman seemed to buckle slightly under Jane's intense questioning gaze.
 
“I guess it depends on what you have to say. And what your name is, and where you come from,” Jane answered rather softly.
 
“Well, I guess I should start from the beginning. I know that though I have a human appearance, you're probably well aware of the fact I am anything but. You see, I'm what your fairytales call an `angelic being.' Though we are not from heaven, we still have a bright appearance to our bodies. For as long as I could remember, our people resided on the moon. Everything was beautiful there...though, from your planet, it may not have seemed so elegant. It was...it was like your planet up there, minus all the toxins and pollution. It was like your dreams of paradise, only it was real for us...but that's not why I'm here.
 
Collecting her wondering thoughts, the woman continued, “You see, awhile ago a war broke out on the moon. The creatures your fairytales call `demonic beings' attacked us after they found out that one of their people had been in a relationship with an angelic one. They were so angry. The demonic beings falsely claimed that the angelic being had enchanted the demonic one with some kind of spell in hopes to destroy all of them forever. Things went badly from there on in. Many, many people were lost on both sides. Eventually all who were left were three or four families on each side. It was horrible! The worst thing though was that my daughter was killed in the chaos along with the man she had come to love. As cruel as it sounds, if they had just died, I wouldn't feel so helplessly heart-broken. But something worse than death happened to them.
 
“When they were killed, for some reason their souls could not travel to the other side like all the others. They were left here, surrounded by agonizing pain and death. I, too, am dead, though I unlike them, choose to stay here. This is where you come in, Jane. I wish to let my daughter be re-born...re-born in you. I know that you are not happy about the fact that the baby you are carrying belongs to that man who will have nothing to do with you. Would you be willing to let me implant my daughter's soul into your un-born child's body? Then your child would belong to both of us. I know it's a lot to ask of you, but I only wish for my baby's happiness.” As the still nameless women finished she started to weep. Crystal blue and silver tears streamed down her face as she collapsed to her knees in front of Jane.
 
“Please, don't cry. What is your name?” Jane asked desperately, trying to get the women to stop crying.
 
“M-my name is,” the women choked out, “Sakura, The Queen of the Moon...or at least I was, when I was alive.”
 
Jane leaned down and gently lifted Sakura's head to gaze into shimmering blue eyes. Jane's face slowly started to change, emotions chased each other rather rapidly and soon tears were welling up in her eyes just like Sakura's. “I'll do it; I'll give birth to your daughter...though there are some conditions. I would like to know what's going to happen. How will I need to handle things. Of course I would like to know how the pregnancy is going to go,” Jane trailed off, suddenly making herself rather nervous about the whole thing.
 
“OH! Of course, of course,” Sakura cried out, trying to wipe away the tears which were now signs of her painful joy. “The baby will grow up like any normal human being; the only difference will be that when she is the equivalent of 18 in human years she will come into her power and real body. She will, of course, be scared at first...and perhaps even angry at you and me for making her so...though she will eventually come to understand our reasons on her own. There is however one thing I must warn you of: after she turns 18 she will begin to unconsciously search for her past lover. He has already been re-born as have a few others of the demonic and angelic beings. If the child where to come into contact with one before she gets hold of her power it could be trouble.” Sakura's body started to shimmer. “My time is limited. There is one last thing I must tell you: if she is to come into her power before 18, it means that she has come into contact with him.”
 
Sakura gently placed her hands on Jane's stomach and whispered a few unrecognizable words. Then slowly she stared to flicker away in a shimmering blue-white light, like a moonbeam streaming in a window at night.
 
“WAIT!” Jane cried out. “HIM WHO!? WHO IS HE? ANSWER ME! HIM WHO?!” But it was no use. Sakura was gone.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*END Jane's Memory~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Jane was snapped out of her memory as the phone rang. Tears still streaming down her face, she got up off the living room chair and headed to the phone on the wall in the kitchen. Wiping the tears away and swallowing, she picked up.
 
“Hello, Toshio residence,” Jane said, managing to get a rather normal sounding phrase out.
 
“Yes, is this Miss Toshio?” the male voice on the other end questioned.
 
“Yes, speaking.” The clearing of a throat sounded through the earpiece.
 
“Miss Toshio, I am extremely upset in having to inform you that your daughter, Tama Toshio, ran out of her English class today and has not been heard from or seen since then. Also, I regret to inform you that she was chased out of the room by Todd Collins. I know that his bad reputation is known among almost all of the parents, so I don't need to tell you that she could be in trouble right now-” The masculine voice paused when he heard a gasp on the other end.
 
“Do You mean to tell me that not only did you not try to stop my precious daughter from running out, but you let someone DANGEROUS run AFTER HER?!” Jane's mother shrieked in fake terror.
 
“Well...that is to say...I mean, yes,” the man stuttered out.
 
Slamming the phone down, Jane laughed right out loud about the fact she had probably just scared the principle of her daughter's school out of his mind. Deciding that it was time to find out what was really going on, Jane turned towards the stairs intending to check on her daughter and the `bad boy,' but what she was going to find would shock her forever.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
10