Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Angel ❯ Bump In The Night ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
The world is about to change and there is only one person that can save all humanity, but will she accept her destiny?
 
~ Chapter Three ~
 
 
Bump In the Night
 
 
Blood. Lots of crimson coloured blood. Too much, far to much for a human to still be alive, but he wasn't human..he
never was...
 
Tama was slowly pulled from her dream by a rather uncomfortable wet warmth that seemed to be soaking into her very skin. `What IS that?' Being pulled from such a life like dream it seemed to be hard to categorize the feeling of the liquid in and on her hand, arm and back. Gently so as not to wake Todd, `I wonder when he feel asleep?' Tama lifted her hand to her face to see what the liquid was. A look of horrified shock passed over her face, followed by a piercing scream that practically shook the house's foundations.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~ On Stairs With Jane ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The scream of her daughter reached her ears, as she was about halfway up the stairs. As any mother would, she sped up and practically broke down Tama's door to find out what had happened. Before her lay not the horrific image in her mind but another that was far worse. On the bed sat her daughter one side of her body covered in blood, tears streaming down her face and a blooded hand held to her chest. Her first assumption was that it was Tama that was bleeding, of course that fear was quickly put to rest as she scanned her for any kinds of wounds and found none. When Jane's gaze finally fell to the bed she had to cover her mouth as a gasp escaped her trembling lips. The bed was drenched in crimson blood, and Todd was laying in the bloody pool… there were no noticeable wounds on his body, and no visible object that could have been used to make such a gory scene. `I hope he isn't dead…but what if he's dead' thoughts ran wild in Jane's head. “Is…W..What happened Tama…?” she stuttered out the best she could. Tama only looked up when her mother spoke and then turned right back to Todd… She didn't know him that well but.. but for some reason she felt… attached to him.. It wasn't something that she could explain it was just something that welled up inside her when she saw him drenched in his own blood, appearing to simply be in a deep, peaceful sleep. Her reaction time must have kicked in some time after she realized this, because her hand flew from her chest to his neck unbidden by her body, as if searching for his pulse point on command. Fingers trembled as they pressed against his cool, wet, blood soaked chest. As her other hands fingers glided over his neck searching for the only sign of life available.
 
Jane rushed over to the bed but was reluctant to touch the young man in front of her, for some reason something kept whispering that to do so would be to watch him die….
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*Todd's Dreamscape*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
He was running… It always seemed like he was running these days. “You! Look over there!! You over there!! We have to find him!!” a deep mans voiced echoed threw the clearing he had run though only moments ago. `SHIT! I guess father found better minions.. or maybe he finally go mad enough to send out the high priority minions?' smacking himself mentally for the idiocy of that statement he crept out of his hiding place getting ready to head for the hills, literally. Thinking he had lost the demon minions he crept forwards ever so carefully. “Going somewhere?” the deep voice from before asked. `hmmm, he may be one of fathers but I wonder…' “You! Do you know who I am?! I demand you release me immediately! For I am Raiju Pyro Rakshasa, Prince of the Underworld!! Cower before my greatness!!” Snicker inside Raiju waited the usual response to such a statement, only to be denied his pleasure. “I know full well who you are brat!” the man snapped. Yanking him by his rather pointed ear he dragged Raiju back to the palace for `Punishment'.
 
`great just great' Raiju sighed. `not only do I have to be dragged by this idiot threw town but he actually thinks my father is going to give HIM permission to punish me, AS IF…..though with all the things I've been doing lately father is probably rather…angry….' Heaving a giant mental sigh Raiju came back into the world just in time to see the huge iron doors of the palace part for him and his dragger. “YOU!! YOU HAVE DISOBAYED ME FOR THE LAST TIME!!! I WILL NOT AND I MEAN NOT HAVE MY SON RUNNING AROUND WITH SOME…SOME….ANGELIC BEING!!!! IT'S A DISCRACE TO ALL OF OUR WORLD!!! AND THEN THEN!...YOU HAVE THE THE… NEARV TO TELL ME.. ME THAT YOU………YOU” steam seemed to be coming from his fathers ears now as he chocked out the forbidden word. “YOU….LOVE HER?!?! If you think for one MINUTE that I'M going to let this go your wrong…. Enough is enough Raiju Pyro…” Raiju shuddered in place `he only ever calls me Raiju Pyro when he's really REALLY mad.' “Not only will that forbidden hole you seem to enjoy crawling threw be guarded but a week from today we go to war with those.. those… BEINGS” he scoffed at the thought they would even put up a fight. “And as for YOU!” he glared once more at his son. “You will be taken into the second level dungeon and beaten for your treason against our kind…” turning to the man Raiju had noticed standing beside his father he gave the order, “Take him away…Release him in eight hours time…” turning away from his son so as to hide his saddened face he listened as his sons plea's disappeared down the many halls of the palace. `It had to be done' he thought. `he knows not what he has gotten himself into with such a creature as this.' Followed the blacked hallway he headed for the library.
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
The sound of the whip flying threw the air warned him of the impending blow. His black shirt he had been wearing, ended up being nothing but tattered rags after the first hour. Now he was three hours into his `punishment' and Raiju couldn't lie, he was feeling EVERY blow. The whip came down hard on his lower back and a quiet moan of pain crossed his lips. `damn it! Damn IT! I am the prince.. the PRINCE, people like me don't and I repeat DON'T moan in pain in front of a minion!' Raiju's pride was wavering as the next blow came with commentary from the inflictor. “HA how's if feel to be on the other end for once.. princey boy.” The demon mocked. Raiju grinded his teeth in frustration and leaned up against the poll in front of him, getting some weight off his legs and feet. He could feel his blood bubbling up out of the wounds and making blood red trails down his back and pooling on the top of his pants. A sight of relief left Raiju's lips as the whipping had seemed to stop, turning slightly to see behind him tugging lightly at the metal restraints that held him in place he saw the demon rooting through the box…the box of torturous weapons used to extract information out of the unwilling. Raiju had to hold in a shudder as he watched him pull out a leather whip with 9 strands of not something as light hearted as leather, no, it had huge metal hooks and a chain of spikes that would soon be digging itself into his tender tanned flesh. The next five hours just got a hell of a lot worse. His demon ears picked up at the clanking of the chains, the air whipping though the tiny holes and the sickly `thwack' it made as it tore into his back. After the first few hits he couldn't hear the whizzing noise anymore, instead all he felt was white hot pain searing his body from head to toe. Raiju could feel his blood gushing out of his body, huge bloody drops pilled up at the lower edge of his wound trailing down over the torn flesh of his wounds and back curving gently towards his sides only to build up once more and spill onto the dungeons floor mingling with the other blood stains placed on the concrete surface. Two more hours of this passed and Raiju managed to keep not only his screams quiet but also stay conscious, most lower level demons that were thrown into such a situation would not only be begging for mercy by now but there screams would be echoing off the walls, up the stairs and to the ears of all the demons above. Instead here he was, Raiju Prince of demons, tied to a metal poll with metal chains, shirt gone, back, shoulders, arms and chest nothing but a bloodied mess. Pants looser then they should be on his hips due to the amount of blood that had piled up around his waist. And to top it ALL off he had crimson coloured blood seeping everywhere. Sweat poured from his forehead into his eyes, down his cheek and curled around his chin only to fall down onto the concrete below making a light `plunking' noise. Raiju's hair was soaked with sweat and the lower half caked in drying blood, his blood. `If she saw me now she would probably scream, run and then find somewhere to hide so that the `monster' couldn't get her…hahaha' Raiju attempted to distract himself from the present beating. It only worked for a minute as the latest `toy' slammed down hard against his back, he felt the hooks dig into his flesh and muscle, feeling like he was being ripped completely in two, searing white hot pain flashed threw his entire body and his eyes saw white for only a moment. He felt a huge amount of blood gush from the wound and his entire body was immersed in an intense heat as he passed out from the intense pain.
 
He came to almost two hours later, found himself in his room on the floor in a very ungraceful bloody heap. A sigh escaped his dry lips and he tried to move his tattered body. `HOLY FRICK!!' was his rather inappropriate thought as the movement from just his head sent pain shooting down his body. `Great, just FRICKING great! Not only can I never see her again but I couldn't last out my punishment AND.. FRICKING AND I can't FRICKING move!!!!!!' Raiju tried to heave a sigh witch was a bad idea due to the fact it sent even more waves of pain though his already abused body. Grumbling to himself he lay there, heapage very un princely of him for an hour and a half waiting for the pain to cease enough so he could at least make it to the shower. The patience she had taught him paid off as he tried again. `Good, I can move, it still hurts like a bitch but at least I can make it to the bathroom.' Raiju seemed to put his mind on one track, shower and that was it. He slowly made his way across the room he never knew was so big until now. Pushing up against the mahogany door he entered the bathroom. Pealing off his blood caked pants that seemed to have taken on a glue like stick to his body he fell rather un gracefully into the shower. “OW!! BLOODY HELL!!!” Raiju let the words fall from his lips without a second thought. Cranking the tap he let the piping hot water crash down upon his abused, beaten, bruised body. `ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow….FRICKING OW' Raiju lay his head against the cool white tiles letting the water beat down, sliding over his torn flesh, cleaning it, stinging it, searing it leaving bright red trails of the steaming water down his battered body. Raiju's golden eyes slide open, bracing his arms on the tile in front of him he looked down. Watching dirt and chunks of blood swirl and mix together with the water only to disappear in the drain moments later. What seemed like only moments was really an hour, soon Raiju was watching new blood flow from his re opened wounds, mixing in with the clear pure water and disappearing. A sigh escaped his light pink lips. “so, this is why they say `love comes with a price.'…or maybe, this is what your willing to go threw when you find the one you love?” the first tear he had ever let fall did, gently, silently, unbidden from his eye down his cheek and chin to land and mix with the water swirling below. Love…….
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~End Todd's Dreamscape*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
(Jun10) she could feel it…the gentle beat of his pulse against her pointer and middle finger. He was alive..at least for now he seemed to be. “its.. its ok.. he.. he's still breathing. A light sigh escaped Jane's lips. `good, he's still alive..but what caused this..?' she thought. Tama looked down at Todd and made the decision almost instantly. “mom, help me pull his shirt off…we need to find out why he's bleeding….” It was so hard for Tama to form the sentence out loud. Before her mother could even respond she was gently yanking his tank top up his well toned body. Jane, jumping back into reality reached over and tried to take the weight of the bed so her daughter had a better chance of removing the garment with ease. `I can not believe I'm helping my daughter undress a young man in HER bed' a huge sigh escaped her as she realized weirder things had happened in her lifetime. Tama and her mother both stopped dead in there tracks when he was turned over enough for them to see his back. Tama let go of the hem to his shirt and covered her mouth, tears forming once more at the corner of her eyes. “What the…” Jane looked down at Todd's back dumbfounded. He had huge gashes and welts on his skin from what could only have been a torture weapon from ancient times. Jane was once again forced to remember what Sakura had told her…when she met him…. Another sigh escaped her, this was NOT how it was suppose to be.
 
His dream was coming to an end rather quickly...the world was getting darker and reality brighter.”look...he seems to be waking up...” Tama said.'why does it sound like everything is under water?' Todd questioned, his entire head felt like it had five gallons of water shoved within. “Oh my GOD!” Tama gasped, “look mom! Look!!” she practically yelled as she watched the wounds glide gently closed, sealing the torn flesh and fading until you could no longer see evidence of the gruesome scene that had been playing itself out only moments ago. Tama watched in amazement as Todd's eyes drifted open, blinking what would be classified as 'sleep' from his eyes. 'wait..' Tama thought, taking a double look at Todd, she waited for his eyes to open once more only to let another gasp fall from her pink lips. Todd's once emerald eyes had turned a molten golden hue, one that she could have sworn she'd seen before. “TODD!! TODD are you okay?” Tama gently rocked him and waited for an answer to drift from his perfect lips. But it seemed to be that he was till recovering from his dream like state. “What are you talking about? I'm fine Jas...Tama....” Todd's eyes seemed to bleed the golden color until it completely disappeared at the bottom of his lids. He noticed almost immediately that Jane and Tama were looking at him rather strangely.”Um..what are you...” it was at this point in time that he realized two things, one that Tama was drenched in drying blood. The second was that his shirt was halfway up his back and it was rather cold and damp. 'What the HELL happened well I was sleeping?!' Todd's mind was racing with the possibilities of what could have potentially happened during the brief time he was asleep. “uh...whats wrong?” he asked rather awkwardly. Jane couldn't seem to form a sentence any better than Tama. “Well...um..that is to say..” Tama stuttered out. “The thing is...well...I woke up and and... and you were a bloody mess of..of well.. blood and and...”she just couldn't seem to explain everything at one time, and every time she tried it just seemed to bring her back to the image of Todd drenched in blood swallowing his entire body into a crimson blanket death. Todd stayed silent for a moment just looking into Tama's shimmering eyes. “Did I, by an chance... say something in my sleep?” the question seemed odd coming from his lips in such a manor. Todd, big bad school boy and he was asking if he talked in his sleep...'TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!' Tama's mind shrieked with girl like enthusiasm. A giggle welled up inside her despite the situation. “Sorry..its just...hehehe...you asking such a thing is..well...” Tama opted to use a different word than 'cute' to describe him. “odd.” she finished. “there isn't anything odd about me asking something like that” he denied rather readily with a slight blush rising to his cheeks as he realized that she had never seen him in such a light before and it must have been a shock to realize he wasn't all 'bad'. Another giggle came forth from her petal like lips. “you didn't say anything.. that I know of.” giving a rather direct answer to help cover up his embarrassment. “hey, Tama.. why don't you help him out of the bed and put him in your desk chair for now...it would be great if you could take down your blanket and sheets to the laundry room and start it....even bringing up something to maybe clean Todd up would be a good idea too?” Jane finally found her voice though the madness. Todd gave the women a questioning look but shrugged it off as Tama wrapped her delicate arms around him and set him up in the bed, slowly moving towards the edge to get over to the designated destination. Tama had him on the edge of the bed before she dared to answer. “...yeah, I'll take them down.....and bring up a towel and maybe a washcloth to clean him up.....probably grab a shirt for him too........”she trailed off as Todd leaned a little to far left and almost sent them toppling onto the floor. Finally getting him in the chair sore body and all she made quick work of the bedding and headed for the door. “I'll be back in a few minutes....” she cast over her shoulder as she waddled out the door with the load of laundry. The gentle smile was wiped from Jane's face as soon as her daughter was out of site. Now it was time to get down to business. Turning to Todd she quickly addressed the matter at hand. “YOU! How DARE you!!! coming into MY house, being all friendly with MY daughter MINE!!! I know who you are.” the words flew violently out of her mouth similar to the bullets in a pistol. “I....I don't know what your talking about...I please....I don't understand what your talking about I really really REALLY don't........” he trailed off as the look on her face seemed to only get fiercer, like that of a lion getting ready to pounce on its pray. The bedroom seemed to freeze in time as a voice echoed though the house...”Finally... my son.....”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
19