Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Seven, Chapter Forty-Seven: Desperation ( Chapter 47 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Desperation

-Azusa-

Did I mention that fate hates me? Yeah… Today's episode took place with my sister. During lunch, she wouldn't shut up about her wedding. I tried to tune her out. Doesn't she ever shut up? It was then she had to add insult to injury.

“Hey, nee-san,” Mao said. “Who are you bringing with you to the wedding?” I paused over my tea.

“Excuse me?” I asked.

“Who's going to be your date?”

“My date?”

“Yes.”

I chuckled aloud. “A date? Wow! I haven't thought about that!”

Mai raised an eyebrow. “Are you feeling okay?”

“Yeah! Why would you think otherwise?”

“So you don't have a date?”

“What are you talking about? Of course I do!”

“Okay…”

I leaned in, narrowing my eyes. “You don't believe me, do you?”

“I didn't say that.”

I quickly looked around. “Where is our waiter?”

----------

As predicted, my search began. Damn it, why ae all the good ones taken? Hideki-kun's going out of town with Michiko that weekend. (I just died a little mentioning that.) Ryo-kun's too young for this. I flopped back on my bed and sighed. Who do I left? I sat up when my cell phone. Who's calling me at this hour? I reached over, perplexed.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Uh… Is this Azusa-san?” a man with a whiny voice asked. My eyes grew the size of saucers.

“Satoshi-san?” I asked. “How did you get this number?”

“Your mother gave me your number,” he said. I frowned hearing that. She's done it again! I'm going to get her!

“I see. What's on your mind?”

“Uh… Well… Uh…”

I sighed. “Come on. I don't have all night.”

“Oh! How are you doing?”

“Good.”

“Uh… Hey, you anything this weekend?”

I froze my eyes shifting left and right. “Why?”

“There is an art museum opening on Saturday. I ended up with an extra ticket and…”

“And you want to me to go with you, right?”

“Yes! I mean… if you want to. Do you?” I shift my eyes, frowning. Another date with this guy? I already vowed myself that I would never do again. So why am I…?

“I'll have to see,” I sheepishly said. Wait, what am I doing? I said I wouldn't do this. Stop. Stop!

“Alright. When can I see you again?”

“I don't know.”

“When can I see you again?”

“Goodbye.” I hung up before he could speak. What just happened? Why couldn't I say no? What's worse is that I'm thinking about asking him to be my date for the wedding. I pressed my hand to my forehead. No, no, no! No! It didn't stop there either.

Cherry Blossom Worry