Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Seven, Chapter Forty-Eight: Headaches ( Chapter 48 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Headaches

-Azusa-

How did I come to this? Satoshi wasn't my type! But why did I find myself thinking about him? I like Hideki-kun and Ryo-kun. I shuddered with my sake in my hand.

“Something wrong?” Mao asked. I turned my head with big eyes.

“Huh?” I asked. My sister tilted her head.

“You look stressed out,” she said. “Are feeling okay?” I blinked, blankly.

“Oh. Yeah, yeah,” I said. “I'm good.” I finished my drink. Oh, tonight's Mao's bachelorette party. Yeah. I'm the only “old maiden” here. So help me, lord.

One of her little friends danced towards us at the bar.

“Good party, huh?” she asked.

“Yeah,” I lied, nodding. They just wouldn't let up. My mind wandered back to Satoshi.

He seemed so awkward. Satoshi didn't know how to socialize with people. I've heard machines are his type of “people”. That must be a lonely existence.

I shook my head, shivering. There I go again. Why does he keep coming back in my head? I rubbed on my temple and sighed. It feels creepy.

“Are you sure you're okay?” Mao asked. I look over at her, glaring.

“How many times are you going to ask me that?”

My sister set down her glass. “Talk to me. What's wrong?”

“Nothing!”

Mao tilted her head. “Is it about a man?”

My face turned red as my eyes grew big. “Why would you think that?!”

She narrowed her eyes. “You know; you really can tell on yourself times.”

I slammed my head on the bar. Damn her! Why does she do this to me? Mao frowned.

“Am I right?”

I lifted my head, sighing. “Yeah.”

“Who is it now?”

“Satoshi-san.”

Mao raised an eyebrow with a funny look. “That guy?” I pressed my lips together, nodding.

“Oh, nee-san,” she said, hugging me. I pushed her off.

“Stop,” I grumbled. “I don't want your pity!”

“So… do you like him?”

“What?”

“Do you like Satoshi-san?”

“What? No!”

Mao took another drink. “You're not a good liar either.”

“Shut up!” My face burned redder. My sister threw up her hands, shrugging.

“Okay, sorry I asked,” she said. I lowered my head, groaning. I just wanted to disappear into the floor for the rest of the night. What the hell was wrong with me?

---------

When I came home later that night, I resigned myself to the inevitable. I picked up my phone in the doorway.

“Hello? Satoshi-san, I have a small request to make.”

Desperation